Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:22 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems
Default Re: Ideas and Premises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendo View Post
I was thinking about making a really cool one-shot or three-chapter story, about how some guy in Sinnoh finds the GameShark and awakens the ultimate evil within it: Darkrai. Then the other legendaries try to stop him and such. I've already pretty much planned it out, and I've even got a prologue for it. So what do you guys think?
Sounds pretty cool. You should write it if you've already planned it out.

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 04-28-2008, 03:36 AM
Hairspray Chick Offline

Talking Re: Ideas and Premises

How about this? A trainer named Addidas from New Bark Town has to go find his dad, get all of the Pokemon Badges, and go through all of the towns and regions of Pokemon to find his dad or find if his dad is dead or not.
Here's an example:
".... Addidas hopped off the cliff, running after the trainer, the wind blowing in his face. "COME BACK HERE!!!! THAT'S THE PROFESSOR'S POKEMON!!!! YOU CAN'T JUST STEAL IT!!!!!!", shouted Addidas, very agitated. He dove for the trainer's legs, but the trainer swiftly jumped as if this were a daily habit. "You'll never catch me, stupid twirp!", shrieked the trainer, in a dark voice. Suddenly, Addidas felt blood in his mouth, and fainted. He awoke at the laboratory, very weary. "Addidas! What happened?", asked Professor Elm, in a quiet voice. "Here," said a voice that Addidas did not recognise ,"Let me talk to the boy.". As Addidas opened his eyes very slow paced, he saw a policeman next to him. "What was this trainers name who stole the Pokemon, and what did he do to you?", asked the officer. "His name..... he never told me.... but he had Red hair, a Black cloak, and only one Pokemon. He kicked me and jumped when I dove for his legs to catch him, and he knocked out some of my teeth I think.", said Addidas softly, still trying to regain his voice. Suddenly, everyone in the lab heard the window shatter. "It's- it's- him!", stumbled Addidas. "You again? Didn't even run to mummy for help?", said the trainer. "What's your name!!?!?!", screamed the officer, taking out his gun. "My name," said the trainer, pausing ,"is Kahn. And I will be the Pokemon master!". Suddenly, he darted twoards Addidas, with his Cyndaquil. All Addidas saw before he found himself fainting again was a blaze of fire...."

RIP: Mr.Moo, the Swampert. I remember when you were just a little Mudkip. My VERY first Pokemon ever. And you passed on at lv100, and beat the Elite Four more times than I can remember. RIP: Hairy the Hariyama. Mr.Moo's bestist buddy forever. RIP: Wailord. My bestist fishy. RIP: Zigzagoon and Cradilly. Luved ya. RIP: Ludicolo. My Hawaiian Flower. I MISS YOU!!!
Old 04-28-2008, 03:54 AM
Psychic Oats Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to Psychic Oats

I was thinking of writing a fic about an illegal, underground battling ring. There are two requirements for entry: one, you may only use one Pokemon; and two, your Pokemon must be holding some type of Orb. The prizes for winning are money and enslaved Pokemon; both stolen, in most cases. The main character sees this as the most effective way to get the money to save his sick mother, and signs up. Soon after, however, she passes away. It's too late, though: her son has already become addicted to the thrill of the battle in the Orbtown Speakeasy, and has no intention of going back.

Still needs some molding, but this is the base premise.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:06 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychic Oats View Post
I was thinking of writing a fic about an illegal, underground battling ring. There are two requirements for entry: one, you may only use one Pokemon; and two, your Pokemon must be holding some type of Orb. The prizes for winning are money and enslaved Pokemon; both stolen, in most cases. The main character sees this as the most effective way to get the money to save his sick mother, and signs up. Soon after, however, she passes away. It's too late, though: her son has already become addicted to the thrill of the battle in the Orbtown Speakeasy, and has no intention of going back.

Still needs some molding, but this is the base premise.
That seems really spooky and cool. I think you should give it a shot.

@Hairspray Chick- That story sounds awesome so far! Although it kind of gives me a sense of deja-vu. But you should write it. ^_^

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 05-09-2008, 03:10 AM
Arami Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Arami Send a message via Skype™ to Arami

Hey, I just have a quick question: Does it HAVE to be a fanfic? I have a bunch of stories on my computer that aren't fanfics (because I'm so adverse to them) and I was wondering if I could put them up here.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:30 PM
Lone_Houndoom Offline
Experienced Trainer

I have an idea for a fic that I'm REALLY not sure about. What it is, is basically a little adventure into the religion of the Pokemon world, featuring Mew. To put it in a nutshell, it's a one-shot that explains how the whole "Legendary Pokemon=Gods" thing works. My only problem is putting this in the form of a story, but I wanted to make sure it was a good premise before I actually put any sort of work into it.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:08 PM
Aqua059 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Holy Mew...it's been ages since I've been on PE2K. Well, this thread gets my return post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Houndoom View Post
I have an idea for a fic that I'm REALLY not sure about. What it is, is basically a little adventure into the religion of the Pokemon world, featuring Mew. To put it in a nutshell, it's a one-shot that explains how the whole "Legendary Pokemon=Gods" thing works. My only problem is putting this in the form of a story, but I wanted to make sure it was a good premise before I actually put any sort of work into it.
I'd read it. Lots of people have done this, but the great thing about 'interpretations' is that they're nearly always original, even if the concept has been explored before (as opposed to New Trainer fics, which are almost NEVER original.) So yeah...go for it. I'd definitely read it.

My idea is a bit long...I've planned out the basics already, and I'm definitely going to write it, but I'd like opinions on it. I'm a sucker for feedback. ^^
~
The story is based on the various Pokemon video games I own (the main ones - no spin-offs, except for maybe Colosseum. Maybe.) It takes place right after the end of Pearl version and stars Kalia Pearl, the new Pokemon Champion. She's a skilled Trainer, but has some control issues and doesn't quite know how to relax. Luckily, her blond rival Lewis is there to keep her from overworking herself.

There are two main plotlines in the story, and they coincide near the end. The first pretty much follows the plot of post-game Pearl, with Kalia and her (rather bizarrely characterized) band of Pokemon investigating the strange events in Sinnoh; ghost swarms in old mansions? Unbreakable nightmares? Active volcanoes? What is this madness?!

The second follows Terry (the slightly effeminate hero of Ruby), Nathan (possible name for the quiet, stubborn male hero of FireRed), and Samantha (crazy, adventurous heroine of LeafGreen) on their quest to find Amber (tough-as-nails heroine of Emerald), the incredibly powerful Hoenn Champion who mysteriously disappeared after receiving a bizarre Pokemon in an anonymous trade. This plotline involves the generation gap between GSC and RSE, strange actions on the parts of the Legendaries, and glitches...lots and lots of glitches. Including MissingNo.

It's mainly an effort to make all of the Pokemon games match up on a sensical timeline, and incorporate them into each other. I've figured out the basic 'skeleton' of the plot - and some key events - but not the entire thing. Sorry if my ideas were too long, but I have a weird mind.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:17 AM
Rage12 Offline
Elite Trainer

After Sinnoh lost the war to Kanto, Sinnoh has been in a slump, and their economy has suffered. As a result, Sinnoh shut down all gyms, and got rid of their contests to save money. Sinnoh now rely on their huge supply of treasures in their mines and underground. Though they do have a lot of treasures, most regions don't care for them much, and only but them out of pity for the crumbling region. Besides all of this, criminal rates have sky rocketed to record highs, and it's now unsafe to live any where in Sinnoh. The region has fallen and no one seems to take an interest in them. It's up to the inhabitants to find their own way to make a living, no matter what they have to do.

With gyms shut down, most children don't even attempt to set out on a journey, considering they'd have to go to another region, and that costs money, and right now, money is sparse. Because of this, they have to sneak on boats to other regions to find jobs, or find jobs on their own land. Team Galaxy, with nothing to truly take over, had started their own business. That business being the illegal drug and Pokemon dealing. In other words, they sent drugs and powerful and rare Pokemon to those who want them for collections. This pays well, but there are a lot routes that the products need to travel through, and there are a lot of suspicious people who can stop the products from being sent. This means Team Galaxy won't get their money, and neither will the starving children who sign up for these jobs. For that reason, Team Galaxy sends people with the products, and give them weapons and sometimes Pokemon to use to kill or dispatch of anyone who gets in their way. Ever since then, Team Galaxy has been successful in getting their products to those who want them, and those who protect the products and deliver them successfully move up in rank.

Now Team Galaxy faces their toughest job yet. They must send a Golden Charizard, a baby Lugia, and twenty pounds of Dragonite Scales to a man in Kanto. The word of this has gotten throughout all the region, and now they're hulking up on security, and butting barricades and nets in the seas to prevent sea travel. This means that who ever is protecting the cargo must fend off multiple enemies in order to complete their journey. The road will be tough, and some may even be lost, but in order to get ahead in life, you must complete the transaction.
``````````````````````````````````````````````````
I turned this into an rp but I also want a fan fic about my character. It would be Rated R and center around her troubles of getting the scales, which can be grounded up to make drugs, and the Pokemon to the man that they don't even know. All they have is the address. Plus the rp probably won't work out anyways.

Click it if you want to read
Old 06-24-2008, 09:51 PM
darkest dialga Offline
New Trainer

Exclamation Re: Ideas and Premises

My idea: The story could be about a 10 year old chinese girl,May (born 14 years before the eclipse).She discovers a book full of mysterios secrets about lives of sacred dragons that once helped to create the world itself.All the dragons were common at this time and they new it was time to create humans to the world even if thier creation had only 3/4 of the planet to make.Unexpectedly,the humans tured thier back on the dragons,the emperors had them slayed and sold for good money.The green planet wasn't complete and has to before 1000 years later,there will be an eternal eclipse of darkness,missery and evil.May meets an Asian Lung (chinese dragon,the last of the dragon gods) and travels with Ahack (dragon) on a quest to finnish the job and restore peace,love and compassion.

NOTE: DO NOT COPY!!!

darkest dialga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-25-2008, 06:45 PM
Chillaxed09 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Hey all, I'm a bit new to the PE2K forums, but I've been on a couple of Pokemon forums in my day. Anyway, I started Pokemon Fan Fic on one of my past forums but I kind of let it die... and now I want to start it again. Hehe. So I saw this board and figured I'd post the basic story line and get a little feedback to see if anyone here would be interested in reading it. It was pretty popular on the old forum... but yeah. Here goes:

So the fic was called "I'm Sixteen Years Old And I've Only Just Now Started My Pokemon Journey." That pretty much is the premise, and throughout the story, other characters make fun of the main character (Aletris) and assume she's totally clueless about all things Pokemon. The reason behind the late start is overprotective parents, so overprotective in fact, that they hire a babysitter of sorts for Aletris to travel with in Hoenn. Only they never imagined who she would be paired up with, and it turns out that her travel companion is this kid named Seth, who is well-known and semi-famous (for what, I never really fully developed. I was thinking something along the lines of breaking up a Team Rocket crime ring or something... any suggestions?) but he doesn't let that on right away. Instead, he's just a total self-absorbed jerk towards Aletris, and thinks it really sucks that he has to haul her around. Aletris, being so sheltered and what not, has never heard of him, but can't help noticing that people treat Seth very oddly. When she finally does find out about his fame, it makes sense to her, but anyway... Because Seth is famous, and because he put an end to an evil plot of TR's, the Rockets have people watching him (they want to kidnap him and hold him for ransom/get revenge for foiling their scheme) throughout the story. After Seth and Aletris have a fight and decide to battle and Aletris actually puts up a good fight (remember how I said everyone just assumes she's a bimbo?) the Rockets get interested in her too. And leader of this branch of the Rockets has his niece working on this lead because he wants her to look good to the upper powers of the organization and yadda yadda... That's another side plot.

And that's as far as I got. They're going to travel all the way through Hoenn, with some little side stories here and there, and a few run-ins with the Rockets, and I have a general idea of how it'll end, which I'd rather not give away in case I do post the entire thing. ;D

So yeah... What do you all think? Will this story fit in here at PE2K? I think I'll give it a shot either way, but opinions are always nice.

Anything, feedback, comments, criticism, suggestions? I appreciate anything. ;D

-Chilly

Last edited by Chillaxed09; 06-26-2008 at 02:56 AM.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:20 PM
WorkThoseStripes Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I posted this in it's own thread, but I've quickly realized, though not quick enough, that it was probably meant to go in here.
Apologies.

A Warning Sign:
It's been a while since I posted here, save a few posts on the RolePlay section, and even longer since I was writing a FanFction of any kind. I've been reading over some that I wrote a while ago and I'm quite glad to say that I've improved, at least a little bit, and I've recently been inspired to start a new, maybe slightly more original, story, compared to my last.

Well, I can't go on babbling about that, so I'll tell oyu the basics of my idea, without giving too much away, while you people can give me feedback so I can improve, or scrap if it's bad, my little story I've got going on.

It's going to be about clones, though not exactly you're everyday science fiction clones, it's going to have a little bit more of a twist. There's an organizaition of some kind, I;m consdering calling them the Saint's, but I'd be more than happy for any suggestion on their name, who have 17 main members, call them the elite members if you want, who are all type specialized. Well, that's pretty simple and unoriginal so far, 17 members for the 17 types, it's all pretty normal about there.

Of course, this particular group has their eye on world domination, because that's just what evil groups do, but what they've done is gathered a group of scientists who have experimented on these 17 members and created clones of them, but not ordinary clones. What the scientists have also done to the clones is found a way of giving them the ability to use thei specialized type's powers. For example, the elite member who specializes in water Pokemon has a clone who has the ability to breathe under water, enhanced swimming abilities and what not. These 17 clones are the orignals and the story is set 16 years after they were cloned, so they are all 16 now. Since then, other clones have been made due to the sucess or the originals, but the story mainly focuses on a few of the original 17. The evil groups plans are to create an army of these super powered people to gain rule over the wrorld.

Why don't they use Pokemon in their army? Well, I'm actually a bit stuck on what reason there is not to use Pokemon, and I may just leave it out. However, if you can suggest anything, then that would also be great. I'm currently considerind that Pokemon are rebeling a lot more recently, and harder to control, a ban on catching Pokemon or Pokemon numbers are dropping. It's a hard one, that one.

The story is set mainly though one of the girl's claims who, one day, discovers a piece of paper with 34 names on, 17 on each side, the right column titled 'Watcher' and the name of her 'Wather' is the name of one of her closest friends. She slowly grows suspicious of everyone around her and it begins off as this girl trying to find out more about herself. Though, it eventaully will grow to be a much bigger story.

So, thoughts, ideas and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I'm looking forward to doing some writing again now that I've got some spare time.
Thanks.
Umbreon
Done @ 1380
Old 06-27-2008, 05:34 PM
Azurne Offline

Personally, the whole humans with superpowers, no matter what kind of human they are, has been done over and over again. You've got a bit of an interesting twist on it, with the whole clones thing going on.

But it has nothing to do with Pokemon, as you've stated yourself. If you can find some clever way to incorporate Pokemon, then I think it might turn out okay.

The whole world domination thing gets old too, so I'd think about some other goals also, just to spice things up.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:50 PM
WorkThoseStripes Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I didn't state it had nothing to do with pokemon, did I? D:
It has a lot to do with Pokemon, other than the fact that they're there and stuff. :P

Yes, itneeds a bit of work done on it, which is kind of what I was hoping people could help me with here. :P

Thanks.
Umbreon
Done @ 1380
Old 06-28-2008, 04:36 PM
LimeGreen Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I am thinking of a Fan-Fiction about a Kid and he finds a hurt Eevee in the woods and his Dad on a detective misson is kidnapped by some team of Pokemon Stealers(Thinking of a name)and Has to find his dad by finding clues all around Victory Island.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:13 PM
Azurne Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkThoseStripes View Post
I didn't state it had nothing to do with pokemon, did I? D:
It has a lot to do with Pokemon, other than the fact that they're there and stuff. :P

Yes, itneeds a bit of work done on it, which is kind of what I was hoping people could help me with here. :P

Thanks.

Quote:
Why don't they use Pokemon in their army? Well, I'm actually a bit stuck on what reason there is not to use Pokemon, and I may just leave it out.

Shoot. I misread it, sorry. My bad. xD

Sadly, I wish I could help you. But it sounds a little out of my genre, with the whole clones thing. The only thing I might add if I were you is some draw-backs to the clones' powers. As of now it sounds a little one-sided. That, and it might make it more interesting to see what kind of side-effects you can come up with. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioteJazz View Post
I am thinking of a Fan-Fiction about a Kid and he finds a hurt Eevee in the woods and his Dad on a detective misson is kidnapped by some team of Pokemon Stealers(Thinking of a name)and Has to find his dad by finding clues all around Victory Island.
I don't want to be the rain on your parade, but the Evee thing has been done already. So hasn't the human-finds-injured-Pokemon. The two together makes it kinda worse. >.>;

The father being kidnapped is good though. D: