Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 01-24-2009, 07:45 PM
Rage12 Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Re: Ideas and Premises

Well I have another idea for a story that has to do with suspense and mystery.

The government claimed that in 2570, the government tricked the public into believing that a virus had fallen upon the Pokemon. This so called virus began to kill the Pokemon because they were lesser species. In reality, the government were taking the Pokemon away to use their DNA to fuse with human DNA. The government was successful with Project Hybrid, but instead of cashing in their chips, they went for double or nothing. That's where they made their fatal mistake.

The government tried to combine Legendary Pokemon DNA with regular Pokemon DNA. They were successful with that, but when they put the super DNA into humans, the humans became primal and began to feast on the people who took part in Project Hybrid. Everyone, except for what is now referred as the Hybrids, were killed. Luckily, the doors to the Hybrid Testing site was sealed shut.

The President said it was best to let the Hybrids rot underground, erase the testing site off the map, and forget about Project Hybrid. The world continued to turn, without Pokemon. People truly believed that Pokemon were dead, but somehow, the people of the world continued to prosper.

Three years later, a member of the Ketchum Family, Taylor Kethcum, spoke up about his Great Grandfather Ash Ketchum. She spoke about how Ash was a hero and an inspiration to all. Soon enough, she made a deal with the president who offered to build a three story school in honor of Ash Ketchum. The school would teach the history of Pokemon, as well as the history of great trainers. The president came up with the stupid idea to build the school on the test site of Project Hybrid.

Two years later the school was only a few days away from being finished. They just had to make a few adjustments to the air conditioner in the lower end of the school. The people who came to fix the air conditioner found a metal square in the ground and called the construction workers. A few hours later, the square was pulled out of the ground, and surprisingly, the Hybrids had not only survived in the test site, but multiplied. The Hybrids swarmed out, beginning their killing spree on the unsuspecting humanity. The Hybrids left the school only to live in the wild. With the school empty, groups of people swarmed in for protection, but this school isn't normal. The school holds several secrets and powers. This school is not of this world, and the unsuspecting survivors of the massacre are about to find out exactly what secrets this school holds.
`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ```````````````
This fan fic will contain Pokemon but not as we are used to them. They'll be represented as murderous creatures known as the Hybrids.

So what do you guys think?
Old 01-26-2009, 03:03 AM
Queenie Beanie Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Queenie Beanie Send a message via MSN to Queenie Beanie

Hai dere, everyone. It's me, Queenie Beanie (obviously), but you can call me Dayna. I have way too much ideas for a variety of stories. They usually just pop up out of nowhere, and at the most retarded times. Like when I'm sprawled in bed at 1:00 PM, too lazy to get up and get a pen and paper. That example actually happened to me around a month or two ago. This story idea was going to be a Pokemon fan-fiction, and based on PMD2 (somewhat). I was inspired by another author, HopeThePixii of fanfiction.net, and her story Team Twilight. She specializes in darker themes in the pokemon world, which adds a wonderful twist to the happy-go-lucky-every-flippin'-corner-there's-a-rainbow-and-a-happy-ending world of pokemon that was stamped in my head. I really liked the darkness, and decided to write my very own darker themed PMD2 story. At the time I posted the prelude on a different site, I had no idea where I was going with it. All I knew was that it would not, absolutely not, be anything like other PMD2 fanfictions out there. I started writing the first chapter, with a sort-of idea in my head. As I finished that chapter, I pretty much planned out the first couple of chapters. I'm not sure which legendary that I should add in, but meh. I'll get there eventually.

Quote:
Anywoot, this won’t be a human turned into a pokemon thing, instead it will be about a prize-winning pokemon who’s abandoned by her trainer because of complications. Even though she's powerful, the pokemon has never been away from it’s trainer since birth and has no idea what it's like in the wild. Minutes after, she meets a new friend who is travelling through a dangerous forest; also the only way out of the clearing our heroine is placed in. She decides to travel with this pokemon into the dangerous forest. She stumbles upon a sleeping Abra and is transported into the Pokemon Realm, where she makes new friends, along with an old friend or two. She gets herself in a shitload of trouble as evil pokemon forcefully start recruiting several pokemon; including herself. It's up to her and her new exploration team to get out of captivity and stop whatever it is that these criminals are up to.
Comments? Questions? Compliments? A hug? I know it's not very detailed, but trust me I have a bigger summary, but it's way too informative to just post out here on the world wide web.

Oh, and if you steal this, I will find out. So don't bother. I'm very testy about this, but I wanted other people's opinions badly, so I posted it here.

Dayna.
URPG
Wigglytuff 614
Queenie Beanie x WatchMeBeQuieter
FAMILY

Last edited by Queenie Beanie; 01-30-2009 at 11:03 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:33 PM
Dark Salamence Offline

Send a message via AIM to Dark Salamence Send a message via MSN to Dark Salamence

Hmm.... I have an idea for a story. I'd just like to get some feedback on the idea and if it's good I'll use it. I don't have much detail yet, but this is what I've got so far..

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Thieves: Quest for the Dimensional Key

The start of it is typical PMD, A human boy is transformed into a Poochyena and is found unconscious in a dungeon underneath a large small opening in the roof. Meanwhile, in the same floor a Meowth and a Luxio are carrying a treasure chest and many items to the hole.

The Meowth and Luxio attach a rope to the hole and climb up. As the approach the top, they notice the Poochyena lying on the ground. They decide to bring him with them, as they can't just leave him lying there.

When the Poochyena wakes up he finds himself at the Meowth and Luxio's house. After an introduction from them, he is shown around the house and is astonished to find a room full of items. (The ones from PMD 2) After some explaining, he is told that the Meowth a Luxio form a rescue team, Team Quickclaw and they are stealing items from dungeons so that that they can find the one that holds inside of it the Dimensional Key, an important item that was stolen from them. Along the way they meet Sasha, a Vulpix who is tracking down
a certain item that she needs to give to her mother.

Hmm.. it doesn't sound so good now that I've typed it out, but see what you think of it. ;]

-Elana-

TwitterTumblrDeviantart
Old 06-13-2009, 05:14 AM
DavidTennantFan Offline
Amateur Trainer

Here it is!

A young girl named Sunny has a father that study's pokemon, two weeks later hers dad becomes agressive and always in his study, when Sunny get in while he goes out she finds a pokemon she has only heard of.
Suicune

She finds Suicune locked up and releases him and the Suicune uses telepathy to help her, for saving him, she then goes with Suicune to find help for her ill mother, but her dad is furious and now has Team Rocket out to get her... and Suicune.

Now only a Dark and Fire type trainer, Sunny holds the power to truly change her world.

Should I make it a story?

P.S Dark Salamence I like ur stry.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:59 PM
Mawile-Danmaku Offline

My overreactive imagination strikes again!

The idea is this: Gooney is a Blue-footed Booby (but with purple feet). One day, he dies, and meets the Zeldax, my all-powerful all-knowing creator of the Universe. It says since Gooney was so helpful and kind, it'll return him to Earth... in the form of a doll. It also says he should find a child who's unloved, uneuducated, and has a special gift. And that girl is named Mina, and Gooney finds her and guides her, and devolops her special gift, which is the ability to control fire. They then stop a man named Cortney Vile from taking over the world with mind control. After that, the Zeldax, who's been watching all this, rewards Gooney by returning him to a live Booby. But instead flying away to the Galŕpagos Islands, where he's from, he stays with Mina, and has some of the best adventures in the world.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:25 PM
Gravity Offline
Elite Trainer

Here's an theatrical preview for a Gears of War fanfic:

The humans are falling, one by one. Our forces are weakening. After Landown fell during the Winter of Sorrow, I figured we were as good as dead; not even the hero of Aspho Fields could save our asses now. But then, hope. We successfully deployed the Lightmass Bomb down in the Hollow, effectively wiping out the Locust. Or, so we thought. The Locust are striking back even harder than ever now, making E-Day look like a picnic. And of course, where the hell is Delta Squad? Nobody's seen them around for months. A few of our best, most elite gunners are heading down... there, into the Hollow, and I was one of the "lucky" ones. I guess it's finally time to take back Sera, long as we don't get blown to bits first.

Last edited by Gravity; 07-26-2009 at 10:17 AM.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:08 PM
Mawile-Danmaku Offline

This might just be the best fic I've ever planned (note I said planned). It involves Team Galactic attempting to erase the good side of a Pokémons mind, and enhancing the bad side, making Shadow Pokémon. LeFay the Glaceon, Elron the Umbreon and Emily, a clone of Mew, are the first test subjects. Emily's bad side, however, was erased instead of the good side. LeFay's sides were unbalanced, making her very unstable. Elron's sides were untouched, because of his unnatural brain signals. Meanwhile, Zyxx (my human-bird-octopus thing) and Johannes are hanging around the test site, intrigued by Galactic's technology. When they learn about Galactic's plans, however, they rescue the three Pokémon, and wage war against Galactic. They then destroy Galactic's Shadow machine, but the blast creates a warp that drops the Pokémon, Zyxx, Johannes, and the Galactic admins in another dimension, populated by dragon-like creatures. The Galactics then attempt to capture the dragons, and harness their elemental powers...

Good, no?
Old 09-13-2009, 06:21 PM
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawile_rocks View Post
This might just be the best fic I've ever planned (note I said planned). It involves Team Galactic attempting to erase the good side of a Pokémons mind, and enhancing the bad side, making Shadow Pokémon. LeFay the Glaceon, Elron the Umbreon and Emily, a clone of Mew, are the first test subjects. Emily's bad side, however, was erased instead of the good side. LeFay's sides were unbalanced, making her very unstable. Elron's sides were untouched, because of his unnatural brain signals. Meanwhile, Zyxx (my human-bird-octopus thing) and Johannes are hanging around the test site, intrigued by Galactic's technology. When they learn about Galactic's plans, however, they rescue the three Pokémon, and wage war against Galactic. They then destroy Galactic's Shadow machine, but the blast creates a warp that drops the Pokémon, Zyxx, Johannes, and the Galactic admins in another dimension, populated by dragon-like creatures. The Galactics then attempt to capture the dragons, and harness their elemental powers...

Good, no?
It sounds okay, and I gotta admit that Galactic's plan is clever. However, for this storyto really shine, you're going to have to plenty of explaining and background history on some things. How did this Zyxx become to be? How and why was Emily created? Exactly how does a Pokemon have a good and bad side, and how can one be erased?

The warping and the different demension must also be explained and done carefully if you want to keep it from sounding random.

To summarize, at first glance, the story seems random, but I'm sure if you take the time to explain what needs to be explained, your story will be enjoyable to read. :)

- Kat

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce
Old 10-25-2009, 11:15 PM
Missingno_7-4468 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Missingno_7-4468 Send a message via MSN to Missingno_7-4468

Well, a little while ago, I had a random thought about a book I have read, called "Storm Thief." So anyway, then I thought "Wouldn't a fanfic about it be awesome?" Then I started writing a prologue-y thing for it. I STILL have no idea what I want to do with the story, but I'll think of something. Anywho, the prologue:

In the city of Orokos, all is up to chance. Nothing in the city will stay the same. The Storm Thief could even decide to do something with you. What he does, however, is up to your luck. He hides in the Probability Storms, those multi-colored clouds whose movement can distort reality, and whose lightning brings monsters. I have been lucky enough to not have got caught by the Storm Theif, but others, even children, have felt his touch. Usually, the effects are minimal, you could go to sleep one night completely normal, but then wake up with an extra finger, different colored eyes or hair, sometimes, you could even go from right-handed to left.

The Storm Thief does not limit himself to the people. He will sometimes add to or take away from a building. You could even wake up with your house on the other side of the city. We cannot have a good map of Orokos, as the streets and buildings will transformed and transmuted by the Probability Storms. The basic layout of Orokos has been the same, but specifics cannot be determined from a map. Everything changes naturally, children grow into adults, adults into the elderly, and eventually, the elderly die. In Orokos, however, everything changes in more ways than it is supposed to. You never know what may happen.

We have been told that we are the only ones that exist in this world. That Orokos is the only island in an infinitely-expanding sea. We cannot know for sure, however, as the Skimmers destroy any ship that tries to go past a certain area. It has been too long for anyone to remember how long Orokos has existed. Some say that we have existed forever, others say that the Faded built it. Only one thing can be for certain, we are here now, and that is all that matters.

My name is Went. This is the story of what has happened to me in the recent past. It has been written over time either physically or in my own mind. In the end, I have gotten it to you so that you may know what the City of Orokos has given me.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So what do you think? If you haven't read the book, it probably doesn't make much sense, but I TRIED to explain some of the things...
Old 01-05-2010, 12:31 AM
austbot Offline

Send a message via AIM to austbot Send a message via Yahoo to austbot

this is my idea for a new fan fic that ill try not to let die

Zero: hey wolfmon 5 bucks says it will die after the second page even if it gets THAT popular.

wolfmon:I say 10 bucks that he'll try not to let it die untill its nearly done or a sequel gets his mind.

Thanks wolfmon go f*** your self zero i cant belive that i named put me in the story with that name but anyways go f*** your self zero

Zero: I'll just take your girl friend oh WAIT you dont have one LOSER

b****** so anyways ill jost post what i have so far but remeber that its a work in progress so dont expect it to make since but it has a fire emblem/assassins creed 2 mix and its copyrited so ill have mods lock/ban you if you steal it YOUVE BEEN WARNED!

Fire Emblem the war throughout endless generations

My name is of no importance especially since I died 9,999,999 years ago. But this is a warning. Just as I gave all your ancestors. You see there is an ancient evil coming to destroy you. They have been thought to been eliminated when my grand kids killed their ruler. But they only went into hiding but came back as soon as the next generation reached maturity. But your time has the technology to let you relive your ancestors lives right? “Yes sir” swiftly answered the teenage boy! Good now how many of them do you have? “Well my families the richest family in the world.” proudly exclaimed the boy “So we have um… 9,12,15,18 or 300 I don’t know. Sorry if that doesn’t help” answered the boy in a studderd tone. “Oh brother don’t you know we have 300? Especially since you were the one that ordered them” remarked a teenage girl appearing to be the boys sister. Wait you can hear me to girl? “of course you were the legendary warrior of this continent who was nicknamed “the blue typhoon.” Because your hair was blue like ours. And you killed your enemies so fast that all they saw was a typhoon start to appear. But the typhoon was nothing more then a special remedy you had your wife make that formed a blue wind that circled you” exclaimed the girl. Wow are you a living text book girl? “Well not exactly you see I’ve had a few training sessions with the memories of light. They have collected video images of people using the device your so interested in to collect info on people like you. But the lessons were originally intended for my idiot of a brother. But thankfully for me he gave me the lessons for my birth day! Thanks again for that Zero” happily answered the girl. So his name is Zero. But what’s your name? “Her name is melody little voice inside our head. Hey that could be a song” Quickly exclaimed Zero. Well Zero and Melody I need you to get inside those machines of yours and get your self trained for what’s coming to destroy the uni- um world. “Whoa whoa not so fast pretty boy what was that about the “uni” were you trying to say universe” asked both Zero and melody. But if THEY find out I told you I wont be able to help you until the final stretch of your journey. And trust me you wont survive that long without me helping you.

yep its about 2-3 times larger than my usual paragraphs and i dont know if that paragraphs done yet

wolfmon: i smell a hit booya

Zero: F*** you wolfmon

oyi what those 2 characters do why im gone i have no idea. but anyways plz rate with a 1 to 10 bar.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:01 PM
Madge Offline

Send a message via AIM to Madge Send a message via MSN to Madge

This is just a rough idea for a (Pokémon) fan-fic, but here we go anyway. It's worth writing down, I suppose.

Main character will be Sam Tolbin Parslow, an eighteen year old English boy living in the region of Johto. Seems like a normal kid, goes to school, has a Pokémon and what-not, only there's one thing that people don't really know about him that makes him so different to everybody else.

He's a highly trained, highly skilled assassin.

His current target is the leader of a new team of 'bad guys' forming in Johto, Team Purity. The name is somewhat misleading I know, as Team Purity have big plans for not only Johto, but the rest of the Pokémon world too. Their leader, Vincenzo (Vince) Balzama is an Italian man who has brought together a group of people in hopes of eradicating everything in existence with the help of two special (unknown) Pokémon. Sam has to kill Vince before it's too late, and the world of Pokémon is destroyed.

I like the idea, myself. Team Purity, the character names, etc. I reckon it's all good. I just need to think of two Pokémon that, when together, could potentially destroy everything known to mankind... Hmm.

HeartGold FC: 5070-7279-3670
Old 05-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Giratina Offline

Madge, Team Purity's plan sounds like classic Pokémon villain territory, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, but keep in mind that you don't need to have existing Pokémon fill the roles; there's always the option to make up your own Pokémon to use in their plan, so that no detail is compromised. For example, you can have one Pokémon represent Noise and one Silence, one Chaos and one Order, etc. Anyhow, I do like the idea of an assassin in the Pokémon world - not a facet I personally would write about, but it's interesting nonetheless - but you'll need to have it set up to be a very exciting fic, not all "I am stalking Vincenzo down a dark alley... I am stalking Vincenzo through a busy market... I am stalking Vincenzo while he prepares a midnight snack" and so on. Sure, there's countless opportunity to screw with the collective heads of Team Purity, but maybe have some other people he follows as well?

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 05-07-2010, 03:38 PM
Grsspkmnmaster Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Grsspkmnmaster

Here's my plan.

In the not-so-distant future, the changes on the Earth's temperature have made the evil teams try harder than ever to obtain the orbs that will control the legendary pokemon Groudon and Kyogre. With Kyogre, the Earth could be saved by cooling the atmosphere with more rain than usual. With Groudon, global warming could be accelerated to the point where the seas dry up and new continents could be raised. Both teams did extensive research to try and find the orbs, and neither is successful so far.

However, Team Aqua is ready to do what neither team has ever historically thought of doing. Simply eliminating the legendary pokemon supporting their opponents. They plan to take a government nuclear missle silo, and train it on the supposed whereabouts of Groudon. With luck, they can kill the Continental Pokemon before it can stop their plans and aid Team Magma in their quest.

Enter Derek, the only Team Aqua grunt who knows exactly what is going on. He knows that the plan will backfire, the nuclear fallout from killing Groudon could wipe out humanity. Team Aqua has to be stopped from within. But will he risk his life to get Team Magma's trust? Or will he fail, and allow life to be destroyed by the vicious Team Aqua?

---

I think it is viable enough of a plotline, I just want to know if it seems entertaining enough to read.

Old 05-07-2010, 10:42 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Few things:

1. Why's the Earth warming?
2. Why is the plan guaranteed to backfire?
3. The existence of nuclear silos (and of modern-day weapons in general) in Pokemon kinda screws up the whole mechanic of Pokemon, which only works if there are no weapons... There's no real reason the Teams would have to resort to Pokemon battles all the time when they can just shoot the enemy's Pokemon or trainer. And it's a bit of a stretch to have nukes but no lesser weapons. I suppose you can remedy this with some other World Altering Superweapon.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 05-08-2010, 12:10 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
Few things:

1. Why's the Earth warming?
Its possible it could be from pollution and the ozone layer of the Pokemon world disappearing.

Quote:
2. Why is the plan guaranteed to backfire?
Derek could have snagged research about the nuclear missile during one of his missions, and had a scientist to verify that the missile had a construction flaw, overcompensated for element/mechanic of the missile, or something to that nature.

Quote:
3. The existence of nuclear silos (and of modern-day weapons in general) in Pokemon kinda screws up the whole mechanic of Pokemon, which only works if there are no weapons... There's no real reason the Teams would have to resort to Pokemon battles all the time when they can just shoot the enemy's Pokemon or trainer. And it's a bit of a stretch to have nukes but no lesser weapons. I suppose you can remedy this with some other World Altering Superweapon.
I disagree. I doubt a rifle would do very much against many rock and ground types. Not to mention some Pokemon would be able to move so fast that trying to shoot them would be like shoot a peregrine falcon out of the air. And if that Pokemon strikes at the shooter, who do you think it going to win?

Here's a pretty good example of how you could give Pokemon a tactical role in modern warfare and actually manage to integrate everything together.