Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 07-23-2007, 01:35 PM
Shiny Loser Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Shiny Loser Send a message via Yahoo to Shiny Loser
Default Re: Ideas and Premises

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonTrainer View Post
I need comments on my idea. Ok, I was thinking of a fan-fic in the pokemon world. No humans well one does turn into a pokemon but then Whiscash decides to hold a tournament to decide who will become King or rather ruler of the pokemon world. Many pokemon are chosen [Up to 100 or 200] but only 1 will win and become Pokemon King.
Why does Whiscash want a Pokemon King? Why does the human get turned into a Pokemon? Unless you use this idea without any missteps in logic with it, I don't think this would be a fic I would want to read.

You need more plot or else nobody can judge this fic, really.

Oh, by the way, what's the difference between a Journey and a Trainer fic?
Old 07-23-2007, 04:58 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

Not much really... >.>

I always wondered that!
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 07-23-2007, 05:20 PM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Loser View Post
Why does Whiscash want a Pokemon King? Why does the human get turned into a Pokemon? Unless you use this idea without any missteps in logic with it, I don't think this would be a fic I would want to read.

You need more plot or else nobody can judge this fic, really.

Oh, by the way, what's the difference between a Journey and a Trainer fic?
A journey fic can be about any sort of journey in the pokemon world, a breeder, a contester, someone who catures pokemon for money. A trainer fic is about someone training pokemon , it does not mater how or for what reason:) Really both of them have so many ways they can be written that the meanings of both are only limited by the limits the writer thinks there are...
My fic is both a journey and a trainer fic, but I'm sure not many authors think of vampires when they see ether label ;)

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art

Last edited by Orange_Flaaffy; 07-23-2007 at 05:22 PM.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:26 PM
Darth Murkrow Offline
Elite Trainer

I just thought of an idea, and I figure I should get it down somewhere and get a few comments on it. This would be outside the continuity of Chronicles.

A trainer (hereafter James) that isn't exactly the greatest at being kind or thoughtful uses his underhand techniques and brute force to capture Raikou. James tries to train Raikou, but Raikou is torn between obeying his captor and following the role that Ho-Oh revived him for. Raikou becomes disobedient, trying to explain to James that what he's doing is wrong, but James doesn't stop working his Pokemon, Raikou included.

...And that's as far as I've gotten.

Murkrow
Done: 800
Old 07-23-2007, 06:34 PM
WorkThoseStripes Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I thought of an idea, which I have written down to begin on after 'Seven Paths'. I think it may be a bit difficult to write and might require some research, but I like challenges so if it gets some god feedback then I'm going to go for it.

It's got a little hint of Romeo and Juliet, I'm going to try and stay away from that as much as possible, but I have to use it a bit or my fic won't work.

The story takes place hundreds of years ago, maybe our equivalent of the 1500s, the land of Heonn has no King or Queen and is split up in half by two familes, each wishing to gain control. There is, however, in the center of Hoenn a monnument where citizens from any part of Heonn may gather in peace. Rules state here though that you may not tell any of person which side you are from so there will be no arguments.
One day the heir of one sid and the heir of another meet up and they strike up a nice freidnship, no aware that they are meant to be enemies. Every time they meet it is at the monument and they discuss their views on the war and teach each other battle skills.
In one of the battles, in which they are to kill each other, they find out the true identities of each other and, instead of killing each other, they run away to escape the war. Soon they are found and brought back home and they have to work out how to stop the war and bring peace to Hoenn.

Comments and more ideas are appreciated thank you. (:

EDIT: Darth Murkrow: I do like the idea of your story. I think though, that there should be bit of a deeper plot, I'm not really sure how I can explain. Maybe James wishes he could let Raikou go, but he's being forced to keep control over him, maybe James is power-hungry and crazy, or maybe James is keeping Raikou for his own good, he just can't tell Raikou that.
Umbreon
Done @ 1380

Last edited by WorkThoseStripes; 07-23-2007 at 07:13 PM.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:09 AM
Shiny Loser Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Shiny Loser Send a message via Yahoo to Shiny Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_Flaaffy View Post
A journey fic can be about any sort of journey in the pokemon world, a breeder, a contester, someone who catures pokemon for money. A trainer fic is about someone training pokemon , it does not mater how or for what reason:) Really both of them have so many ways they can be written that the meanings of both are only limited by the limits the writer thinks there are...
My fic is both a journey and a trainer fic, but I'm sure not many authors think of vampires when they see ether label ;)
Oh, get it. ^^

So a Trainer fic has to follow the plot of whichever game you're doing.

Hey, would anyone here be interested in a Wizarding fic? You know, like a loose sequel of Harry Potter? Since Rowling's not doing it anymore, I figured I should give it a try..
Old 07-25-2007, 12:24 AM
Darth Murkrow Offline
Elite Trainer

A wizarding fic? I've tried a few of those, not in any way related to Harry Potter. Except that one parody I did. Sort of. Regardless, I would read it.

Murkrow
Done: 800
Old 07-25-2007, 10:07 PM
Daneb Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Daneb Send a message via MSN to Daneb

Hey all.

So I'm thinking of getting into writing a fic, but I'm not sure if it would work or go anywhere.. at all.. so yeah..

It's set somewhere in the future, and Cyrus has succeeded in creating his new world. Dialga is locked up in chains atop Mt. Coronet, Team Galactic has power over everything, yada yada.. you get it.

So, as expected, this world basically screams Team Galactic > you, and after being evicted from his home for the fourth time in two years, the main character decides that it's time to put an end to it all.

So yeah, it's almost a journey fic, as he does go on a journey to defeat Cyrus, free Dialga, and make the world good again. He obviously has to catch pokemon so he can fight, and he ends up with other people helping him as he makes his way there.

So yeah.. that's the jist of it. Now the question is, would anyone read it? And if so, does anyone have any suggestions on how to possibly make it better?

Kingdra
Level 100: 349
Old 07-25-2007, 10:11 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

It sounds a little bit like a trainer fic, but not much. You've got it planned out well, but some might think it was dull.

Maybe you could make it humourous (sp?)... Funny trainer/journey fics always get me going!
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

ASB|URPG

Old 07-25-2007, 10:17 PM
Daneb Offline
Master Trainer

Yeah, I wanted to distance myself from the gym battling, but I guess it would almost be the same thing. The only major difference, I guess, would be the outcome when the main character defeats Cyrus.

I'm not really sure how I could make a fic about Team Galactic funny, and I never really thought about something like that, to be honest. Got any suggestions? Because my humour skills suck worse than my fic writing skills

Kingdra
Old 07-25-2007, 10:19 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

XD Yeah, um... Maybe have him travelling with someone? Make the one he travels with really weird, but funny weird... If you get me...?

I could do it if I was writing it, but I'm no good at explaining it, so... Sorry!

ASB|URPG

Old 07-25-2007, 10:22 PM
Daneb Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by djax94 View Post
XD Yeah, um... Maybe have him travelling with someone? Make the one he travels with really weird, but funny weird... If you get me...?

I could do it if I was writing it, but I'm no good at explaining it, so... Sorry!
Haha, alright thanks, I'll think about it. I might start thinking about starting it later or tomorrow.

Kingdra
Old 07-26-2007, 01:59 AM
Sceptile Frost Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Sceptile Frost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneb View Post
Hey all.

So I'm thinking of getting into writing a fic, but I'm not sure if it would work or go anywhere.. at all.. so yeah..

It's set somewhere in the future, and Cyrus has succeeded in creating his new world. Dialga is locked up in chains atop Mt. Coronet, Team Galactic has power over everything, yada yada.. you get it.

So, as expected, this world basically screams Team Galactic > you, and after being evicted from his home for the fourth time in two years, the main character decides that it's time to put an end to it all.

So yeah, it's almost a journey fic, as he does go on a journey to defeat Cyrus, free Dialga, and make the world good again. He obviously has to catch pokemon so he can fight, and he ends up with other people helping him as he makes his way there.

So yeah.. that's the jist of it. Now the question is, would anyone read it? And if so, does anyone have any suggestions on how to possibly make it better?
It's nice... but why does it have to be happy? Why can't he fail and be killed or mind-wiped (like 1984 by George Orwell). Not to say a dystopia fic is better, but they rarely ever show up in the fandom.

Quote:
It sounds a little bit like a trainer fic, but not much. You've got it planned out well, but some might think it was dull.

Maybe you could make it humourous (sp?)... Funny trainer/journey fics always get me going!
Quote:
Yeah, I wanted to distance myself from the gym battling, but I guess it would almost be the same thing. The only major difference, I guess, would be the outcome when the main character defeats Cyrus.

I'm not really sure how I could make a fic about Team Galactic funny, and I never really thought about something like that, to be honest. Got any suggestions? Because my humour skills suck worse than my fic writing skills
If your humor is bad (like me), then I'd advise staying away from making a full novel out of it and posting it until you have some experience.

Quote:

Quote:
Haha, alright thanks, I'll think about it. I might start thinking about starting it later or tomorrow.
So yeah... if you're going to go the way of comedy, best of luck. Try to look at stuff like Brian Powell and Flaming Ruby / antialiases and the Laughinstock contest on SPPf. Bay's written a few (Take Fifty Five and it's sequel, Simplicity) too.

Though I tell you a dystopia or something with a bad ending would be a nice change... It's all up to you.

Last edited by Sceptile Frost; 07-26-2007 at 02:11 AM.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:39 AM
Daneb Offline
Master Trainer

That's true.. I hadn't thought about the possibility of a failure as an ending.. and chances are I'm not going to do the comedy thing because I suck at it lol.

thanks guys.

Kingdra
Old 07-26-2007, 03:29 AM
Shadowzard Offline
Master Trainer

Since my last fic stunk I have an idea for another one. Here it is.

Years ago, before the the first pokemon was caught, a violent war started up between two clans of pokemon. It was not a foolish fight over food or land, but rather over beliefs. There was once legend about a mighty being named Arceus, it created all planets in the universe but only made one suitable for living, Earth, there he created the first pair of pokemon. He took the water from the nearby lake and then poured it into a two leaf that just had fallen, the only thing needed last was the gift of life. There, right on the spot, the legendary pokemon scratched himself, drawing blood, he mixed it with the water. The mixtures then glowed, they glowed like the sun. It took well over a year, but Arceus stayed on the small planet. When finally finished he took a look at what he created, a Gallade and Gardevoir, the very first beings other than himself. They both looked at him, and smiled. Many thousands of years later, a group of pokemon believed in a another legend, Mew. This led to years of arguements between the followers of the two different beliefs, and eventually one side declared war.

Sorry if it's too long or something, please rate!