Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Interactive Boards Creative Writing Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-20-2007, 09:12 PM
Entei_3000's Avatar
Entei_3000 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cair Paravel
Posts: 4,844
Default Rate my Fan-Fic!

I have a Fan-Fic and I want to find out what everyone else thinks of it. I've had it up for awhile, but now hardly anyone has commented, and I want to know what I can do to make it better.

My Fan-Fic is called 'Lezlie, a Special Girl With A Special Gift'.
__________________
"A miracle starts, with the beat of a heart."
~When Love Takes You In~
Steven Curtis Chapman.
Children are a blessing, why would anyone have it any other way?
98% of teens won't stand up for God... Repost this if you're one of the 2% who will.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-20-2007, 09:17 PM
Hoshika's Avatar
Hoshika Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: '»\(ಠ_ಠ)/»'
Posts: 6,618
Default Re: Rate my Fan-Fic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entei_3000 View Post
I have a Fan-Fic and I want to find out what everyone else thinks of it. I've had it up for awhile, but now hardly anyone has commented, and I want to know what I can do to make it better.

My Fan-Fic is called 'Lezlie, a Special Girl With A Special Gift'.
To be honest, I've alawys noticed it was there. But you want to know one possible reason barely anybody(including me) is reading/commenting?

The title is cheesy.

It's lengthy, repetitive, and sounds odd. Some people around here might think it's a nooby story just by that title. O_o
__________________
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-20-2007, 10:24 PM
Entei_3000's Avatar
Entei_3000 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cair Paravel
Posts: 4,844
Default Re: Rate my Fan-Fic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshika View Post
To be honest, I've alawys noticed it was there. But you want to know one possible reason barely anybody(including me) is reading/commenting?

The title is cheesy.

It's lengthy, repetitive, and sounds odd. Some people around here might think it's a nooby story just by that title. O_o
Well I couldn't think of anything else. You can't judge a book by its cover.
__________________
"A miracle starts, with the beat of a heart."
~When Love Takes You In~
Steven Curtis Chapman.
Children are a blessing, why would anyone have it any other way?
98% of teens won't stand up for God... Repost this if you're one of the 2% who will.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-20-2007, 10:25 PM
Orange_Flaaffy's Avatar
Orange_Flaaffy Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: California USA
Posts: 2,136
Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy
Default Re: Rate my Fan-Fic!

Actually, being a disabled person, the title always makes me think of someone making fun of a girl with a learning disablity like me :(. So I've never read it :P
__________________
*Is 28 now*

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-21-2007, 12:43 AM
Blue- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oregon~
Posts: 1,998
Send a message via Yahoo to Blue-
Default Re: Rate my Fan-Fic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_Flaaffy View Post
Actually, being a disabled person, the title always makes me think of someone making fun of a girl with a learning disablity like me :(. So I've never read it :P
That is flat out burnage! xD Lezlie, a girl with a not so special gift. Orange, oh, too much laughing...

Yes, I'm crude, mean, a jerk, a spammer, etc. I've never read the story, but I'll look into reading it. ^^ (Lol, if you want someone like me reading it. xD *Shot*)
__________________
Three years of snow

The Wasteland



Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-21-2007, 01:00 AM
Orange_Flaaffy's Avatar
Orange_Flaaffy Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: California USA
Posts: 2,136
Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy
Default Re: Rate my Fan-Fic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball Sunday View Post
That is flat out burnage! xD Lezlie, a girl with a not so special gift. Orange, oh, too much laughing...

Yes, I'm crude, mean, a jerk, a spammer, etc. I've never read the story, but I'll look into reading it. ^^ (Lol, if you want someone like me reading it. xD *Shot*)
I did not mean to flame :(. I did not mean it like that, it's just something about the repeating of the world 'Special' set me off, being under special ed for most of my life. I dunno, I guess I link it to teasing too easliy..
__________________
*Is 28 now*

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-21-2007, 01:04 AM
Hoshika's Avatar
Hoshika Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: '»\(ಠ_ಠ)/»'
Posts: 6,618
Default Re: Rate my Fan-Fic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_Flaaffy View Post
I did not mean to flame :(. I did not mean it like that, it's just something about the repeating of the world 'Special' set me off, being under special ed for most of my life. I dunno, I guess I link it to teasing too easliy..
I wonder if that's what everyone else thought. O_o

@Entei: Use a thesaurus next time. ^^;
__________________
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-21-2007, 02:21 AM
Blue- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oregon~
Posts: 1,998
Send a message via Yahoo to Blue-
Default Re: Rate my Fan-Fic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_Flaaffy View Post
I did not mean to flame :(. I did not mean it like that, it's just something about the repeating of the world 'Special' set me off, being under special ed for most of my life. I dunno, I guess I link it to teasing too easliy..
No, I didn't mean it like that either. For some reason, I started laughing. I took it the wrong way. O.O;; So sorry. I didn't mean to, you know, tick you off or something.
__________________
Three years of snow

The Wasteland



Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-21-2007, 02:29 AM
Orange_Flaaffy's Avatar
Orange_Flaaffy Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: California USA
Posts: 2,136
Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy
Default Re: Rate my Fan-Fic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball Sunday View Post
No, I didn't mean it like that either. For some reason, I started laughing. I took it the wrong way. O.O;; So sorry. I didn't mean to, you know, tick you off or something.
Oh, I wasn't ticked off, maybe a little hurt, but this issue dates back to when I was your age ;)
__________________
*Is 28 now*

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-21-2007, 02:32 AM
Blue- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oregon~
Posts: 1,998
Send a message via Yahoo to Blue-
Default Re: Rate my Fan-Fic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_Flaaffy View Post
Oh, I wasn't ticked off, maybe a little hurt, but this issue dates back to when I was your age ;)
*Sighs with relief* Thats good. I'm glad I didn't anger you too much.
__________________
Three years of snow

The Wasteland



Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-21-2007, 06:25 PM
Entei_3000's Avatar
Entei_3000 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cair Paravel
Posts: 4,844
Default Re: Rate my Fan-Fic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshika View Post
I wonder if that's what everyone else thought. O_o

@Entei: Use a thesaurus next time. ^^;
I don't understand what you mean, Hoshika.
__________________
"A miracle starts, with the beat of a heart."
~When Love Takes You In~
Steven Curtis Chapman.
Children are a blessing, why would anyone have it any other way?
98% of teens won't stand up for God... Repost this if you're one of the 2% who will.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-21-2007, 11:15 PM
Hoshika's Avatar
Hoshika Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: '»\(ಠ_ಠ)/»'
Posts: 6,618
Default Re: Rate my Fan-Fic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entei_3000 View Post
I don't understand what you mean, Hoshika.
Do you know what a thesaurus is at all?! O_o
__________________
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-22-2007, 01:31 AM
Entei_3000's Avatar
Entei_3000 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cair Paravel
Posts: 4,844
Default Re: Rate my Fan-Fic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshika View Post
Do you know what a thesaurus is at all?! O_o
Um, no. *Hides in corner out of embarassment*
__________________
"A miracle starts, with the beat of a heart."
~When Love Takes You In~
Steven Curtis Chapman.
Children are a blessing, why would anyone have it any other way?
98% of teens won't stand up for God... Repost this if you're one of the 2% who will.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-22-2007, 01:37 AM
Blue- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oregon~
Posts: 1,998
Send a message via Yahoo to Blue-
Default Re: Rate my Fan-Fic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entei_3000 View Post
Um, no. *Hides in corner out of embarassment*
A thesaurus is a book filled with words. Hoshika- Take it from here. :D
__________________
Three years of snow

The Wasteland



Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-22-2007, 02:00 AM
Hoshika's Avatar
Hoshika Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: '»\(ಠ_ಠ)/»'
Posts: 6,618
Default Re: Rate my Fan-Fic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball Sunday View Post
A thesaurus is a book filled with words. Hoshika- Take it from here. :D
=P

A thesaurus is a book filled with words and other words that have the same meaning.

http://www.thesaurus.com

Type in a word(like... soft) and words that have the same meaning are shown. Maybe even words that mean the opposite!

I didn't use advanced vocabulary because I got scared you wouldn't know what synonyms or antonyms are, either. >_>
__________________
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com