Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 02-26-2007, 02:44 AM
Ryenne Raleigh Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Finished FanFictions Threads

Hey, ya'll. This is just one idea that I saw on another forum, and I thought it might improve the Fan Fiction boards here.

If this is a totally worthless idea and needs to be locked, then I'm sorry.

Sometimes Fan Fictions threads look cluttered with all the comments, and it's hard to find chapters. Once the author of the story announces that it's completed (whether it be on the thread or whatever), there should be another section where authors can put up entire pieces of their works so people can easily read them, and it will be all together, leaving people a place to comment without cluttering up the thread.

I think it's a good idea, but if not, meh, you decide.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:42 AM
Kenta147 Offline

Thumbs up Re: Finished FanFictions Threads

Seconded. Sometimes a completed fanfiction thread isn't necessary for less popular sites, but with all the fanfictions this board has had contributed to it, the idea is totally logical in this case. A completed fanfics forum would be much appreciated.

Thanks very much for bringing this up, Ryenne!

P.S. Such a forum will doubtlessly help administrators catch plagarizers much more efficiently. Just thought I'd add that.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:14 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers
Default Re: Finished FanFictions Threads

Trouble is, there aren't too many completed fics to require it's own board.

To solve your question, if you don't want people posting in your fic, put a message in the first post. If you let them post in it, and are worried readers may not find your chapters, you can also put links to chapters in your first post. A final option would be, once you've completed your fic, start a new thread and post the entire story uninterrupted, then let people post after it's complete.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 02-27-2007, 04:36 AM
Kenta147 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_leprachaun33 View Post
Trouble is, there aren't too many completed fics to require it's own board.

To solve your question, if you don't want people posting in your fic, put a message in the first post. If you let them post in it, and are worried readers may not find your chapters, you can also put links to chapters in your first post. A final option would be, once you've completed your fic, start a new thread and post the entire story uninterrupted, then let people post after it's complete.

~Jack~
While those ideas would work, I still stand by the idea of the completed fanfics section. If I may ask, how many completed fanfics would be enough to be worth their own board? Five? Ten? Twenty? Even if the ideal "requirement" is twenty or more, what could it hurt to start now? The number of completed fanfics added to the column can only increase, and I believe it would serve as an inspiration to other authors to actually be diligent and finish what they started. After all, a completed fanfics thread would be easy proof that other people have done it already.

Heck, I'll contribute two finished fanfics to that thread if it is made. Three, if the thread includes both Poke'Mon and non-Poke'Mon fics. And of the 14,563 members who've already joined this site, I'm sure at least a couple of them have finished or near-finished fics to add to the section.

It's better to post them up where they can be seen by all, than to just have them swept away under the tide of wannabe halfhearted attempts. There's a reason other boards decided to have a completed fanfictions section.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:23 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

Guess I should have said this before.

We have this new thread: Storybook Corner, which lists all the stories. I'll be going through it again and Bolding the ones that are complete. A whole board would be unnecessary space.

Anyway, I moved the thread to the Authors Corner. Maybe others would like to comment.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 02-27-2007, 07:28 PM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy

I agree, there are'nt that many finished stories that are'nt one shots. Sometimes I wish there were but beggers can't be choosers when it comes to fanfics, and they are hard to finish most of the time for younger writers.
Bolding finished ones sounds like a good idea, and deleting an old topic to make a clean one with just your story for people to post at the end once you are done (with a long chaptered fic, not something like a one shot that is written all at once) sounds like an even better one :). We could call those sort of chaptered fics 'Anniversary Edition' stories or something :).
We *just* got the Author's Corner after all, I'm still just greatfull for that, let alone any other sections :P

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art