Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 03-09-2007, 04:01 AM
Hiro Yuy Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Hiro Yuy Send a message via MSN to Hiro Yuy Send a message via Yahoo to Hiro Yuy
Post Ishnabi Academy

---------------
Background
---------------

There are many realms aside from the human realm. They all have a unique dominant race and set of physics. Some have unlocked secrets others can only dream about. One of the more interesting realms that exhibits this is the Ishnabi realm. They keep a careful balance between magic and technology. According to many records this balance has been disrupted in the past but only for a short time.

The inhabitants are a canine race. Their main resemblance to the dominant species of other realms is their humanoid build. They stand on two legs and have two arms but that’s where the similarities stop. Each Inu as they are called can be related to a different canine breed. Each Inu has fur and a tail related to their respective breed and the shape of their head comes from their breed as well. Their hands have five digits just as humans do but their feet are digigrade. This means they have no heel. Instead they walk on the balls just behind their toes. Just like their canine counterparts do. Inus are usually very strong. Being able to lift many times their own weight.

The Inus have advanced technologically easily. This is due in part to their access to magic. The Inus rarely invent for war. What weapons they have made are only for protection. They instead focus on things to make everyday life better. The greatest strides have been in agriculture, health, and transportation. Many crops can be harvested a year. All Inus have abnormally long life and no accounts of disease have been recorded. The Inus have also perfected their anti-gravity suspensors to a point where they use little to no energy. An important fact to note is that the Inus do not use computers. It is against their code of ethics to create anything in the likeness of a mind.

To an outsider the Inus would appear to be the middle ages. But in reality their are extremely advanced. The Inus have choosen to keep the castles and other old architecture styles as a reminder of their past. Even their weapons still resemble medivil styles.

The Inus are still ruled under a constitutional monarchy. As far as records show this government has been in place for thousands of years. It has obviously served them well but the latest kings have been increasingly more violent than the last. This has started to cause some civil unrest as the peasants have begun to fight off the tax collectors. Villages that rebel are quickly crushed by the kings army.

The most interesting aspect about the Inus is their magic. No other realm exhibits their kind of magic. The Inu’s magic is a very strong elemental power. Each Inu is born with a different element. There are a few basic elements (fire, water, earth, and wind) that are very common but there have been reports of more specialized elements occurring. Each Inu will be very strong in their own element but can also learn how to control other elements to a certain degree.

Magic also brings up another important subject. The Inus are broken up into two types. The main grouping is the pure-breeds. Which are normal Inus with just their elemental power and what ever else they learn. Then there are the half-breeds. These Inus carry a second spirit within them. The half-breeds can change into their second whenever they want. Most spirits are just another form for the Inu. But some of the half-breed’s spirits have been known to have it’s own identity and consciousness but this is known to be very rare. The half-breed's second forms usually are mythical creatures such as dragons, pheonixes, unicorns, etc. Pure-breeds are slightly more powerful then half-breeds but only if they are trained well. Because of this half-breeds are treated like a lower lifeform by pure-breeds.

The main inhabited area is the island of Kelotion. It is a very large island. It can take almost a half a year to cross on foot. But due to modern transportation it only takes a day or two. Despite being surrounded by water the island is actually a desert. The island is walled in by a large mountain range that circles the whole island. It prevents moisture from moving off the ocean into the mainland. Only a small area just right inside ring of mountains contains any large amount of water. Many small villages have been established along the ring of mountains due to this fact. Only the capital city of Ishnabi is located in the very center of the desert. The city is sustained by a few rivers that run near it.

-----
Plot
-----

You are young Inu in the village of Gileirden. You have just recently come of age. One day you recieve a strange letter. The letter tells you have been accepted into the Ishnabi Dragon Academy. This academy is best place to go. They have masters of every element and everyone that goes there has moved on to do great things in life. You couldn't be more excited so you pack up your stuff and prepare to make the long trek across the desert. But little do you know there are forces that would rather not have you make it there alive. Will you be able to evade the Imperial army or will never be seen again?

(Note: if this RP actually does make it to the school we will skip ahead to graduation as to prevent it from dying out.)

----------
Sign-up
----------

Name: (the name of your character)
Breed: (what breed of dog your character resembles; also include if they are pure or half breed and their second form if half-breed)
Appearance: (what your character looks like; and please no odd colorings, they resemble dogs not clowns; be sure to include the apperence of your second form if you are a half-breed)
Personality: (what you character's personality is, include strengths and weaknesses)
Element: (what element your charater's magic reflects; this can be a basic element (i.e. fire, water, wind, earth) or a more specialized element (i.e. ice, nature, etc.))
Weapon: (what kind of weapon your character uses; no guns or crossbows, but normal bows are ok; I will allow your character to use more than one weapon, i.e. if you want to specialize as a bowman then you can also use a melee weapon like a sword)
RP Sample: (give me a link to a RP you have previously been in, if you have no past RP's then give me a two paragraph sample of your skills)

-------
Rules
-------

1. I'm the leader of this RP so my word is final.
2. Fill out sign-up completely, no leaving form half empty and filling out later, take the time to fill out your form in one sitting and I will not reserve spots!
3. I expect around five sentences at least for appearence and personality.
4. Try to be as original with your traits as you can.
5. No powerplaying, godmodding, bunnying, etc.
6. This is a sign-up thread not a chat room, if you want to talk go somewhere else, if you have a question PM me.
7. No one liner posts, I expect at least three lines a post, I have a wide screen resolution so I will make some allowences.
8. Be realistic power wise, you can't be the most powerful person ever, everyone has a weakness.
9. I'm not the most perfect RPer ever but a lot of my decision of accepting you will be based on the RP sample you provide me.
10. I can't stress using proper spelling and grammer enough!
11. Try to stick to the plot I lay out, don't put your character on some completely different quest from the group, this is a team effort.
12. Read the rules (I'll be able to tell if you haven't) and be sure to have fun, and remember it's just a RP.

-----------------------------
Accepted People (5/6)
-----------------------------

1. Hiro Yuy: Keno Jhoni Takashi, Energy
2. Eeveeking929: Zane Reiken, Fire
3. ArusuesFactor: Harley Hartwell, Water
4. Shadow From The Deep: Falkner Jars, Nature
5. LordZangoose: Buck Armstrong, Ice

Discussion Thread
中エネルギー
[URPG Stats]

Last edited by Hiro Yuy; 03-10-2007 at 09:49 PM.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:02 AM
Hiro Yuy Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Hiro Yuy Send a message via MSN to Hiro Yuy Send a message via Yahoo to Hiro Yuy
Default Re: Ishnabi Academy

Sign-up

Name: Keno Jhoni Takashi / Ryu Gioron Dishiro

Breed: Rottweiler, half-breed, Dragon

Appearance: In his normal form he is black with brown running down from his chin across his belly to the inside of his upper thighs. He of course has a rottweiler head and the stubby tail. He is fairly muscular and is about six feet tall. He has beep brown eyes that he inherited from his mother. He wears a black gi and white belt he got from his dojo. In his half-breed form he is a dragon. His head becomes reptilian shaped and he sprout wings. His eyes become a deep blue. His tail grows out longer and thicker. He turns blue instead of black and the brown turns to white. His fur changes to scales and his muscle grow thicker. In this form his gi is white and he has a black belt.

Personality: In his normal form he is Keno Jhoni Takashi. He is very smart but shy guy. He is skilled in many things but he's not very social person. He prefers to go it alone. His favorite past-time is riding his hoverboard. His biggest pet-peave is when people question his skills. He takes great pride in whatever he does and will do anything he can to prove those people wrong. In his half-breed form he is Ryu Gioron Dishiro. His half-breed form his a seperate identity. Ryu is rough tough commando. He is not one to back down from a fight. His stubborness has gotten him in trouble many times. Ryu is natural-born leader. He has an odd charisma that inspires people. Ryu is no where near as smart as Keno. So many things can easily confuse him.

Element: Energy

Weapon: Staff in his normal form and dual swords in his half-breed form, but both forms can use a bow when needed.

RP Sample: I own this RP I don't need one but the rest of you do!
中エネルギー
[URPG Stats]

Last edited by Hiro Yuy; 03-10-2007 at 09:45 PM.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:17 AM
ArusuesFactor Offline
Elite Trainer

Hey. Is it okay if I make my sign-up tomorrow? And will you join my rp?
Old 03-09-2007, 11:02 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArusuesFactor View Post
Hey. Is it okay if I make my sign-up tomorrow? And will you join my rp?
Aruseus, he just said no reservations in the rules. Didn't you see that part? I'm still working on mine in word.

Edit: Okay, finished.

Name: Zane Reiken/Blitzkrieg (no last name. Based on the German's WWII combat technique, German for Lightning Warfare.)
Breed: Husky/Wolf mix; Phoenix
Appearance: Very tall, with a mix of gray and white fur. His head is very widely shaped, ended n his pointy snout. His tail is somewhat shorter than most, and is the same grey color. He is fairly muscular, but it doesn't show as much as it could. In his other form, he is a phoenix. His head becomes more bird shaped, his snout growing into a beak. His short stubby tail splits into three, and grows fairly long. His grey fur turns red and gold, and becomes more feathery. finally, the biggest change, a pair of large golden red wings sprout forom his back.
Personality: In normal form, Zane is kind and gentle, but can fight when he needs to. He perfers the non-violent way usually, but when fighting is the last option, he dives right in. On the other hand, his half-breed form, Bltizkrieg, is a bit more violent, and usually takes over when the fighting begins. Blitzkrieg, true to his name, likes to get the job done quickly, and done right. They both have one weakness, and that is the desire to be the best at what they are good at, Zane with magic, and Blitzkrig with melee fghting. Their biggest strength is there ability to work together well, and their understanding of each other. Their best strategy is to alternate between them when they need to switch between fighting and magic.
Element: Fire (duh. He's a phoenix after all.)
Weapon: A chain in his normal form, weilded like a whip, and in his half-breed form he uses the same chain, but it's on fire.
RP Sample: Dude, we were in LZ'sAcademy RP together, and you're in min now. Do I really need this?

Last edited by Lord Fedora; 03-09-2007 at 07:53 PM.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:53 PM
Hiro Yuy Offline
Amateur Trainer

Eeveeking929 you're ACCEPTED! And no you don't need a sample, I know your RPing skills are good. But EVERYONE else who joins will.

@ArusuesFactor: Just a reminder:

Rule #6: This is a sign-up thread not a chat room, if you want to talk go somewhere else, if you have a question PM me.

I will make a discussion thread when another person joins.
中エネルギー
[URPG Stats]

Last edited by Hiro Yuy; 03-09-2007 at 11:36 PM.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:38 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Yuy View Post
Eeveeking929 your ACCEPTED! And no you don't need a sample, I know your RPing skills are good. But EVERYONE else who joins will.

@ArusuesFactor: Just a reminder:

Rule #6: This is a sign-up thread not a chat room, if you want to talk go somewhere else, if you have a question PM me.

I will make a discussion thread when another person joins.
Everyone? C'mon, I know you know a lot of great RPers on here like me, heck, better than me, and yet I'm the only one you're letting in without a sample? Sorry, I'm doing the mini-modding thing again, aren't I? I'll stop.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:45 PM
ArusuesFactor Offline
Elite Trainer

Name: Harley Hartwell/Mizu (meaning water in japanese)

Breed: Siberian Malamute/Wolf, Half-breed, Dragon

Appearance: Not that tall, but not that short. His fur is a combination of black and brown. His tail was not real big. It's medium size. His head is sort of small with pointy black ears. He has very sharp teeth. Aside from all of that, his second fo is dangerous. He turns into a dragon. As a dragon, his tail gets really big. At the end of his tail is a claw. So he can swoop doon and pick something up. He turns completely black and grows irregular sized wings His wings are huge. The teeth turn more sharp than they already were.

Personality: In Harley's regular state, he is the queit and lonesome type. He doesn't really like talking to people unless the info they need to know is important. But he'll do almost anything to protect his friends. If it's fighting or anything else, he's ready to get the job done. Harley is like the flow of water. When Harley transforms in to Mizu, he becomes like a warrior. A trustworhty warrior that never gives up. He's a very good friend to have. Harley uses martial art. Mizu uses magic.

Element: Water

Weapon: As Harley, he uses a sword along with martial arts. As Mizu, he can use his magic to blast water from his mouth. He also uses his claw-like tail.

RP Sample: I'm going to send this via pm.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:34 PM
Hiro Yuy Offline
Amateur Trainer

ArusuesFactor you're PENDING! I'm not sure about you after what I've already witnessed in the other RP we're in and I'm waiting on the sample. Plus because I still haven't got the sample you broke rule #2.

@Eeveeking929: I was only letting you in without a smaple because I've RPed with you and I'm confident of your skills. I don't know other people's skills and like with ArusuesFactor I want to see if he has what I'm hoping for.
中エネルギー
[URPG Stats]

Last edited by Hiro Yuy; 03-10-2007 at 12:09 AM.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:16 AM
Shadow From The Deep Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Name: Falkner Jars
Breed: Poodle, half breed: Lochness Monster

Appearance: My dog is a vicous Poodle, but it doesn't have one of those weird fancy haircuts. It has just regular fluffy fur that can get tangled up at times. His fur is off white because he used to be a homeless dog and got an off coloring to him. When he gets mad he turns into the Lochness Monster, a fierce sea dragon. It has claws sharper than the best swords ever made, its teeth are equally as sharp. It has scales that are very smooth and slimy. Its neck is as long as a giraffe's, but it has a very short tail that's about the same size as a regular dog tail.

Personality: This Poodle used to be sweet and kind like all Poodles should be, but he got abandoned and it all changed. He had to fight for himself thus becoming vicious and mean. He is only nice to a select few but also gets into fights with them. He has a very short temper and then he turns into the Lochness Monster. His personality changes when he becomes the Lochness Monster, some say he actually becomes nicer but we all know that's not true. He becomes a very selfish monster but if you get lucky he might think of others at one point.

Element: Nature

Weapon: A doublesided dagger.

RP Sample: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=31846 you were in it too I think you noticed me.

Hatch: 1545
Pikachu: 1590
Raichu: 1650
Done: 1830

Old 03-10-2007, 12:30 AM
Hiro Yuy Offline
Amateur Trainer

ArusuesFactor you're ACCEPTED! Ok wow and I mean WOW! You write like that in the PM more often and people will really respect you. Just remember to read over your posts to check for errors before posting. And one last thing make sure you read every post people make so there is no confusion

Shadow From The Deep you're ACCEPTED! You have your RPing skills down preatty well. So I'm happy to have you aboard. One last thing you seem to be a little confused. The Ishnabi Realm is ruled by a humaniod race of dogs. Also the second forms are humaniod. (Humaniod meaning they have two arms and walk on two legs.)
中エネルギー
[URPG Stats]
Old 03-10-2007, 12:32 AM
Shadow From The Deep Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Ok I knew I was wrong about something, I'm just really tired I woke up 3 hours before I usually wake up and I'm beat at the end of today.

Hatch: 1545
Pikachu: 1590
Raichu: 1650
Done: 1830

Old 03-10-2007, 12:53 AM
Hiro Yuy Offline
Amateur Trainer

Alright all I made a discusion thread.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=32873

If you want to talk about the RP or have question then go there.
中エネルギー
[URPG Stats]
Old 03-10-2007, 08:33 PM
LordZangoose Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to LordZangoose Send a message via MSN to LordZangoose

I'll have a sign-up soon, just to let you know.
Old 03-10-2007, 08:51 PM
Hiro Yuy Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordZangoose View Post
I'll have a sign-up soon, just to let you know.
Well it better be good because you broke rules #2 and #6. But I'll still accept your form if its good.
中エネルギー
[URPG Stats]
Old 03-10-2007, 09:16 PM
LordZangoose Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to LordZangoose Send a message via MSN to LordZangoose

Name: Buck Armstrong / Wulfgar

Breed: Newfoundland / Yeti

Appearance: As are all Newfoundland Inus, Buck is very large. His shoulders are wide-set, his muscles are large, and he stands at almost 7 feet tall. Long black fur covers his body from head to toe, with no breaks in it. His thick legs are adapted to swimming and running in bad weather conditions, as is his fur. His arms are also fairly large, and the muscles will sometimes bulge when he’s angry. The fur at the back of his head spills out over his neck and he takes pride in keeping it knot-free. When he is in his second form, all of his black fur becomes stark white. It covers everything except parts of his face, his hands, and his feet. On the parts where skin shows, it is a purplish-blue color that is resulted from time on the frigid tundra. Under the cover of hair, black beady eyes are the only facial features that are visible.

Personality: Buck is a generally good-natured dog at most times. He is loyal to those he feels deserve it. He loves a good joke and has a great sense of humor, inherited from his father, who gave him his physical traits as well, obviously. He is good with children and, unlike many other brothers, does not try to hurt his younger siblings. Buck excels in group environments, the camaraderie making him comfortable and relaxed. This friendliness hides a completely different side of Buck. He has what many people know as ‘battle rage’. When he needs to fight, he obtains heightened senses and advanced physical abilities. However, this does not come without a price. His anger blinds him and he will attack anyone who gets in his way, as well as the fact that he faints afterward. He hopes to hone the battle rage to a controllable level at the Academy. His Yeti personality still contains this battle rage, but his normal personality is that of a loner.

Element: Battle (if not battle, then Ice)

Weapon: He wields a double-bladed war axe to go along with his natural weapons. However, he also has a thick wooden club that has metal studs in it.

RP Sample:

Quote:
Once again, Roland was annoyed as he was still waiting for the others to get in the carriage so he could drive. He jumped off the side of the carriage just in time to get a gust of moaning wind right in his face, wildly whipping his cloak about his person. It seemed that the winds were also stirring the waters of the lake, and waves were in the first stages of forming. Scanning the shores, he saw that only Raymond was unaffected by the wind, and that his talisman had an unnatural shean to it. He was apparently calm, while Meyashi was hurling heated words at him. The more she said, the stronger the wind grew. The Crobat at Raymond's side was fluttering its wings with great strain to stay in the same relative position.

Once again turning to the two arguing people, Roland noticed that Meyashi's hands had a red glow to them. It got brighter and brighter, and white smoke began to slowly come from her outstretched fingers, until the glowing moved upward, where the smoke followed it. Before long, it was billowing out, but was blown away by the winds. A flame suddenly burst out on her arm, yet she seemed to not notice and it had no ill effect. As the flames came, the glowing grew, and everywhere the glow was, fire and smoke followed. Soon, her dress was covered in fire. Tongues of flame licked at her face and her hair rose up behind her, only a flaming mass of string, so it seemed. Her whole body followed and she was floating above Raymond, suspended in the air.

The larger the mighty flames grew, it seemed that her eyes lost a sense of energy. The flames lessened, smoke came from the extinguished parts, it seemed she would fall at any second. Roland broke into a sprint, desperately trying to reach the firey maiden. When it seemed like all hope was lost, it might have gotten worse. Storm clouds formed and lightning struck the earth in many places. But still Roland ran, trying to reach Meyashi before she was injured. In his haste, he did not notice when a slithering bolt of lightning, in all its white-blue fury, raced towards his running form. The shock of it consumed him, and he expected to die painfully. But then, he was back to himself. He continued the sprint, unaware of the crackling electricity shooting from his heels and propelling him forward at a faster rate. He soon reached Meyashi, just as she fell into his arms. He was suprised to meet not the silky cloth of her silk dress, but rather baby-soft skin. It was then that he realized that the fire had burned off her dress. He tried not to stare at her nude form, but he took a glance at her form, despite his efforts. Suprisingly, she took no damage from the voracious flames, and her beautiful body was completely intact. His eyes lingered for a few seconds, until he realized what he was doing and blushed a very deep blush.

Roland recovered from his suprise, and used the storm-given speed to race back to the slab of rock on which he was treated with speed that no living creature could attain. He ripped off his cloak and shirt and wrapped her in them to cover her body before he set her down. He tried to wake her up, but who knows what could happen...
I know it's not the best sign-up, but I hope the sample will be convincing.