Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Ľ Pokemon RPG's Ľ Pokemon Ultra RPG Ľ General

General Hang out here and talk to people participating the Ultra RPG. Talk about anything related to the Ultra RPG, or just any casual discussion with fellow participants of the Ultra RPG. New to Ultra RPG? Come in and see what's it all about.

Old 08-16-2004, 01:17 PM
Raddstealth316 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Raddstealth316 Send a message via Yahoo to Raddstealth316
Default To Discuss The Urpg's Fate

Well as a lot of you know, this place hasnít been as active as it once was. Back in the day there used to be a lot of activity and this place was once fun. Iíve been here for a year now and for some reason it seems to be declining. Members have left and people arenít bothered like they once used to be.

Refs arenít the same; everyone is busy these days bar a small handful. Yes I know people have lives but I thought some effort would go into keeping this place active and together.

It is just not the urpg that is declining but the whole forum as a whole. People are starting to notice this, the war for one is a prime example, and it has fallen so early on due to lack of participation.

This is a great place, the urpg has always been a home to me and I hate to see it go the road itís going now. Some people will argue that itís not going downhill but I hate to break it to those people, but it is.

And a lot of people will agree with me here but some people will just increase the worry with pointless words or whatever but Iím not going to do that.

I could just pm the moderators, but I decided after thought not to, if this board is involving all of you lot, then it must be discussed by all of you lot.

If we want to save the urpg and stop it going downhill then we must be willing to do so.

Yes, the whole forum needs help but we must start within our own community first then build our way up.

I must say that I regret to even see the tournament that I hosted; starting to waneÖwhich I promised wouldnít happen.

What Iím proposing is a meeting. Iíd like all moderators to attend and the majority of members so we can have a good representation.

In this meeting we can discuss ways to keep this place active and back to the way it used to be.

Iíd like opinions to this and a suggested time that suits everyone

Thanks.

UrPg Co-OfFiCiAl

VPP Slowbro. LV 100 @ 1191.
(sprite credit to Soara)

~#Raddstealth316#~
Old 08-16-2004, 01:27 PM
JoshE Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to JoshE Send a message via Yahoo to JoshE
Default Re: To Discuss The Urpg's Fate

I say we give everyone 1,000,000 dollars!

No but really it has declined. I remember that I could find a ref and a trainer at any time of the day who was willing to battle. Not many people are active and not many care. The URPG is now just another section in the war.

I think the URPG was great but I only can find 3 trainers who are willing to battle at most times when they are on. I use to not have been able to count that.
Old 08-16-2004, 01:28 PM
Focal Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Focal Send a message via AIM to Focal Send a message via MSN to Focal Send a message via Yahoo to Focal Send a message via Skype™ to Focal

Nice speech Dap, yes I've noticed it as well. Very few people are online these days. But it could also be because this is the time when school starts. Well, I don't mind any time. I'm normally on at the same time you are, and I'm willing to help out. I'll never let PE2K go away, no matter what. These are times we should really help this wonderful URPG, and give it all we've got to keep it alive and active. That's all I have to say.

my gift is my song and this one is for you + don't look down, it's only love that we're falling in
all the way to your very last breath, I'll be around 'till we're parted by Death + sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

Old 08-16-2004, 01:31 PM
Tamer San Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Tamer San Send a message via MSN to Tamer San Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer San

That is exactly what our home needs John. As I have discussed this with you on AIM I must state my words here as well. My fellow PE2Kers and URPGers, you all know me for almost 10 months or so. I was like the most n00bish guys the URPG ever knew, and ask Raik about it. Without JT, Magare, Allie and John I wouldn't have become the trainer I am now. What I mean is that we all worked as a one hand, all the time, to accomplish each other's dream and thats what we are defending right now. Maybe the URPG it self ain't the big deal, nor PE2K...but I assure you guys that we are a family, whatever happaned. Yet, we must defend our home, the place where we usually meet at, our sanctuary. Without PE2K nor the URPG all of us wouldn't have met each other, unless anyone knows any other one in real life. Let us work again, one hand, to beat the immpossible and the destructive facors which are attacking our beloved home. Let us work, and do it, and build it once again...

Maybe the war has failed, the tournament has faded but PE2K and the URPG will never fail and will never fade because it is in our hearts. Help us guys and let us meet one day to rebuild what we have destroyed with our hands by inactivity and carelessness. I guess I am out of words now, but I will stay a PE2Ker for ever...

~Tamer

"Fight for freedom. Fight for glory. Fight to win!"
I am back
Old 08-16-2004, 01:33 PM
JoshE Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRaichu
Nice speech Dap, yes I've noticed it as well. Very few people are online these days. But it could also be because this is the time when school starts. Well, I don't mind any time. I'm normally on at the same time you are, and I'm willing to help out. I'll never let PE2K go away, no matter what. These are times we should really help this wonderful URPG, and give it all we've got to keep it alive and active. That's all I have to say.
No, I have notice the decline already in effect during the summer. I doubt school is it. Yet with school starting I am sure the URPG will be in even more decline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamer San
but I will stay a PE2Ker for ever...
...45 years later....... Hey Tamer San just hit 1 Million posts!

Last edited by JoshE; 08-16-2004 at 01:35 PM.
Old 08-16-2004, 01:34 PM
Caite-chan Offline

Send a message via AIM to Caite-chan Send a message via MSN to Caite-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Caite-chan

I've sorta noticed it too. Something else I've noticed is if you go through the Trainer stats...there are a bunch of people who have joined yet haven't done anything. Someone should go through and deleate all that...or people who haven't battled in a month or two.

I think it should still carry on but, only for the active people. And when you join up for something like Dap's tornoment or the WAR you should stay active. It's kinda pointless and rude to start something and not finish it.
Old 08-16-2004, 01:36 PM
JoshE Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane O Mac: Version 3.0
It's kinda pointless and rude to start something and not finish it.
I didnt say to stop the war. I just said that the URPG has just become a war secxtion.
Old 08-16-2004, 01:36 PM
Tamer San Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Tamer San Send a message via MSN to Tamer San Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer San

School or no School Josh, the forum is going down more than ever. It is like a sinking ship, and we are its sailors, we either die with it or try to fix it as much as we can until we reach the safty shores. It was so active last year even in shcool times, I remember christams time when we had lotta fun, 8 months ago it was at its peek, and there was school my friend. So school was never the problem, it is the lazy sailors of the old wrecked ship that needs repairing.

I am back

Last edited by Tamer San; 08-16-2004 at 01:40 PM.
Old 08-16-2004, 01:41 PM
Caite-chan Offline

Send a message via AIM to Caite-chan Send a message via MSN to Caite-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Caite-chan

I actully blame ProBoards. If they never deleated the boards we wouldn't be in the situation. Everyone liked the PorBoards.
Old 08-16-2004, 01:44 PM
Tamer San Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Ok people, start the blame game
I am telling you that it is our fault and no one's else. We must defend it our selves, and if we failed we must not blame anyone. Proboards were like a storm in the sea PE2K was sailing in. WE survived that storm, but lost many of the crew. Yet, we can reach the safty shores and get more sailors, but first we must work on this our selves, and I am not only talking about the URPG, I am talking about the entire forum...

Since Dap wanted this...err...CHAAAAAAARGGEEEEE!!!!

I am back
Old 08-16-2004, 02:05 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Interesting comparison Tamer, but in that same light, I think we need our captain as well, who hasn't been around too much. Plus, I think PE2K (Yes, that's the captain I was talking about) needs to realize that the quantity of G-mods isn't what counts, it's how active they are. Right now, we have three completely inactive G-mods. We have very little management at the moment, which seriously isn't helping.

As far at the URPG goes, Aleyquala and I still love to have battles, and even if we end up as the only two who still do it, I'll still battle with him because it's still good and clean fun. I still love the URPG, the original creators still a lot of work to bring it to life and I think it's our responsibility to keep it alive.

But again, we seriously need the management. We need Marth and Nate to be promoted, like TT and Flare had recommended. I'm not even sure that PE2K has even noticted that Flare is gone, and he only removed TT as G-mod and didn't promote Nate. Seriously, we need more mods, not less...

Old 08-16-2004, 02:46 PM
Tamer San Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

If I were asked to assign G-Mods, and this is so important because the captin its self can't sail a ship. He needs officials and a crew that can help him running a successful ship, challanging all dangers. Anyway, if I was asked to assign G-Mods I would say that Neo would be the MOST perfect. I guess Matthew and Nate would do fine as well...WE NEED A NEW ACTIVE OFFICIALS TO RUN THIS SHIP!!!

I am back

Last edited by Tamer San; 08-16-2004 at 03:31 PM.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:06 PM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to mlugia Send a message via MSN to mlugia

Firstly, I would like to agree with Dap on the activity of the forums. When I first joined Pe2K, there were so much activity, even in the strats forum (gasp, I know). Seems that this last year seemed to be the transition year. I remember going to another forum a long time ago, Pgamers, and the activity rocked, but then some members ended up leaving, and then the forum declined until the forum disappeared (although some of the last members set up a new forum elsewhere, but it's not just the same, and I never went back).

While schooling my not be the reason for members leaving and inactivity, the summer certainly did help in participation levels, at least for the first few weeks. People probably had grown out of the forum too, and then there's vacations, causing idleness, causing boredom, and finally, causing ppl to look for alternatives to this forum.

What we need is not just saying goodbye to the old members, we need ways to attract new members to PE2K and the URPG.

On the topic of the URPG, it could use some changes as well...

For example, since I first joined, I noticed I wasn't the only person who was wondering why Breeding moves cannot be implemented in the URPG. It sounds perfectly reasonable, but the propsal I sent to Jack was still unread since he's kinda busy.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:15 PM
Jhem Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Jhem Send a message via MSN to Jhem Send a message via Yahoo to Jhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlugia
... I noticed I wasn't the only person who was wondering why Breeding moves cannot be implemented in the URPG. It sounds perfectly reasonable, but the propsal I sent to Jack was still unread since he's kinda busy.
Yeah you and I were talking about this. I was also wondering the same for move tutor abilities. My Corphish can learn some amazing moves by using the move tutor, but I can't use them!
Old 08-16-2004, 06:25 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Yeah, I think Mana is right. Using Breeding and Move Tutor moves would definitely put a new aspect on the game, since there are many unique moves that can only be obtained through those means.

I think it should be highly considered...