Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Stories

Stories Write a story to catch Pokemon. A Grader will then decide if it catches or not.

Old 03-22-2007, 08:15 PM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Send a message via AIM to FireflyK
Default A Second Chance {PG13}

I don't have a clue what this is for, at the moment, anyway... I'll decide what 'mon to catch from it later.
Warning is for what may end up being kinda graphic descriptions of the main character's eating disorder, as she recovers... If I'm messing something up and you're offended, drop me a PM. I grew up doing gymnastics with plenty of anorexics, but I'll admit that if ANY of them were bulimic, they hid it very well (It wasn't something you discussed then... Bulimia was thought of as the ED for people without the grace or self control to be anorexic...), so my personal knowledge isn't that expansive. Then again, maybe that's more interesting than the things I DO know more about.

The room smells like despair. The room smells like disgust.

It smells like puke from a mile away. One can only purge so many times before the smell becomes permanent. Even the half-hearted efforts of the dorm mother's Chikorita to eliminate the smell, to cover it with Sweet Scent, do nothing.

The floor crinkles. The carpet of bags, adorned with bright pictures of cookies and crisps, squish beneath her feet. The corners bite into sensitive feet, the pain surprising her. More sensitive parts- Her hands, her face, her throat- have long since become numb.

The flicker of the lights in the hall hits her like a bullet. It is three in the morning, a safe time for her to be up. A safer time to be hiding out in the bathroom, purging, when the caretakers and her fellow lunatics, as they call themselves, are sleeping like stones.

She doesn't see the person in the hallway. She will never know if it was one of their caretakers, either paid or volunteer, or another 'inmate'. The children, both those waiting for adoption and waiting for their parents to be allowed to have them back, will appear to be all accounted for and fast asleep when she goes back into the shared room, climbs back into her half of the bunk bed.

The little sphere in the hallway is the same color as the drying, sticky liquid coating her fingers, the blood from her torn throat. It, however, doesn't represent danger, but redemption.

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.

I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.

Last edited by FireflyK; 03-23-2007 at 11:13 PM.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:16 PM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Default Re: A Second Chance {PG13}

The night is cold. She hasn't packed enough clothes to shut out the icy feelings coursing through her, though at least her coat is thick enough to stop the physical icy wind. Her hair, once brown, appears to be an off-ivory color now. It is frozen. The wind can no longer toss the strands around, not when they are bound together by heavy ice.

At least, she muses with a grim, wry smile, she has one less worry than most runaways. She took no food with her at all. It occurs to her belatedly that the Pokemon need to eat, but then, most can fend for themselves.

Her heart feels as cold as the air. She wonders, idly, if it will recover when she does.

The stray spurt of optimism pushes her into the warmth, as she steps into a bar. She's too young to drink by several years, but no one seems to particularly care. The one bouncer who eyes her is not interested in her ID.

Seating herself, she ignores the not-so-subtly push of a plate in her direction. Someone is buying, beer and bread and other goodies, but she doesn't touch them. The ice is melting, but her determination holds fast.

She stays there, in the all-night bar, until the first rays of the sun rise. Stumbling out into the slightly less chilly air, she ignores the smell of stale bread wafting out behind her. She has made it.

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.

I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:19 PM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

When curiosity finally wins out, she lets her Pokeball slip from her fingers. The Pokemon within is hardly glamorous- many, in fact, would refer to it as a pile of something unmentionable- but all that she notices, at first, is the flames. The Slugma is bright orange, and rather than blinding her, the light seems to call to her.

Her skin hisses as she holds a hand above the flaming Pokemon. She feels warm, inside and out, for the first time in weaks. Slowly, the heat cools, as Slugma controls its body temperature. Feeling something between being touched, and ridicule for the Pokemon's idealism, she lifts it up, hugs it lightly. Wherever they are, they are saved.

The snow parts as she challenges a random person to a battle- she doesn't so much as notice their gender- and the money she earns goes not to her pocket, but to a box of pokechow. It's not gourment cuisine, but Slugma seems happy enough.

Even though her resting place is the simple ground behind a Pizza place, she feels warm, cuddled around the firey slug.

Old 03-23-2007, 11:24 PM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

She is seventeen when she finds herself in a dungeon, in Team Rocket's oldest prison. The walls are of a slimy, moldy looking substance, and could not possibly smell any worse. They stop, for the most part, feeding her when they realize she will only sick it up anyway, making the general atmosphere even worse. After all, the guards practically live in the cell blocks.

She is seventeen when her birthday comes, when her strength of will begins to give out. She has only one year to go before she is of age, and has no intent of spending it in prison. Small mercies have left Slugma as much of an object to disgust to the Rockets as a Muk would be to most people, they have left her the Pokemon.

One day, they bring her a full bowl of soup, several slices of bread, and even some sort of chicken. This, indeed, IS gourmet cuisine, though it is only scraps of such from the Admin table. However, she eats it anyway, and keeps it down, as she helps Slugma begin to make a hole in the dirty, disgusting walls.

They aren't slime. They are old, crumbling concrete. Her nails and Slugma's rock attacks slowly wear them away.

She tells herself it is only to keep her strength up, to help her withstand the cold, but something within her seems to shift.

Slugma evolves the next day, when a guard with a Poochyena catches her at her work and attacks the two. Magcargo burns through the remnants of their prison with ease, now that it has evolved. Its body is 18,000 degrees fahrenheit.

She can no longer touch him.

Somewhere, the door seems to slam behind her, even as the physical door is torn away during their escape.

Last edited by FireflyK; 03-25-2007 at 06:45 PM.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:44 PM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Just to get away one day, she signs up for diving lessons. Her Pokemon can not follow her there. Her Magcargo could never withstand being underwater for so long, even if there were a drysuit that could withstand the heat of its body.

As it turns out, there isn't one, anyway. Her 'guide' gives her a Lanturn, as a loan, just in case she runs into anything dangerous. She does keep the Pokeball, but she places it in the bottom of her diving backpack, beneath a variety of water-proof supplies, and even an underwater camera.

Swimming along the reef takes three hours. She has to go back to the boat for a fresh oxygen tank before she can dive again, this time without the guidance of her hired helper. She leaves him in the boat without a sound, diving back into the roiling waves.

This time, she spots a Pokemon. Rather than running, she follows the Mantine. The Pokemon is friendly, but any connection she feels with it fades when they reach another young woman, who greets it and then recalls it.

Turning away, she dives more deeply. Carelessly, she follows the glimmer she sees up ahead, even knowing it could be a Sharpedo. Luckily, or perhaps unluckily, it is not. A solitary Horsea, scales glittering in the light of her diver's flashlight, swims before her.

Whim tells her to chase it. She does so, reaching out for the unobtainable, only to fall predictably short. The Pokemon dashes away, and she chases it, slowly.

Finally, she yanks her bag off, fumbling with it on the floor of the ocean. She hasn't gone too far out- the pressure of the depths there would kill her- but it is enough that she doesn't want to run out of air. Unsure of how much time remains, she quickly takes out Lanturn's pokeball, throws it.

It occurs to her belatedly that Lanturn is under orders only to save her life. It might not fight for her.