Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Stories

Stories Write a story to catch Pokemon. A Grader will then decide if it catches or not.

Old 03-24-2007, 12:29 AM
yuri-chan the shiznit Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to yuri-chan the shiznit
Default But I Hate Bugs!

“But I Hate Bugs!”
by yuri-chan the shiznit

((this was written in my weird, I guess I'd call it 2nd person, because Skylar interacts with Yuri, unlike most narrators. This is my first story I've actually managed to do, so brownie points for me and my anti-procrastination.))

I remember it like it was yesterday, even though it had only been about two weeks ago. It was a chilly March morning, unusual only in the fact that I had been jerked awake by Trident, my old, yet still incredibly feisty Corphish. I yawned and rubbed the crusts out of the corners of my eyes, wondering what had happened for Trident to wake me. The repeated ringing of my door bell took a while to phase me, still being half asleep, but I pulled on a pair of jeans that seemed clean and stumbled down the steps.

“Yes?” I mumbled, opening the door and hoping it was the scout troup with my cookies. Sadly, it wasn’t. I had the seeping feeling that I should’ve stayed in bed.

Thanks Pokemon Trainer Sarah

100@307

Last edited by yuri-chan the shiznit; 03-24-2007 at 03:26 AM.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:12 AM
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: But I Hate Bugs!

“Is this Professor Redwood’s home?” the girl asked meekly, looking a bit nervous. I could tell she was a new trainer by the look on her face, but something seemed a bit off.

“He’s…my older brother…” I yawned, “and he’s out on field work and won’t be home for another three days. Is there something I can help you with?”

“Yes, actually, there is…” she took a deep breath as if preparing herself for a long stream of words. “I WANT YOU TO HELP ME CATCH A POKEMON!!!” she shouted, her voice reminding me of my Lugia alarm clock, only much more annoying.

I blinked a few times and patted my ears, making sure she hadn’t made me deaf. “Okay, I guess I can do that. You can call me Skylar.”

“My name is Yuri, and I’m fourteen, from Goldenrod City.” she smiled, and I took the time to look her over. She was average height, maybe about 5’5, with orangey-blonde hair that was sticking up every which way , as if it had originally been tied neatly in a pony tail until she had decided to run halfway across the region.

“Uh…aren’t you a little old to just be starting out as a trainer?” I asked, not really about to care if I came off rude to this girl. After all, she was the one who started ringing my door bell at 8 in the morning.

“I started out about a year and a half ago, with a Pokemon that I was given by Morty. But you see, there’s a slight problem…” she reached into the tote bag that was hanging loosely off her shoulder and pulled out a Pokeball. She didn’t even have to call it out, the Pokemon just seemed to sense that it was in an open space now.

I was expecting something scarier than a Shuppet, the way Yuri had reacted to it coming out on its own free will. But no, just a smaller than average, dark blue floating sheet, its eyes reminiscent of the Bermuda flag. It grinned- although I’m not too sure, as Shuppet doesn’t have a visable mouth- and flew around her head gleefully.

“That? It’s so puny, how could this little thing be so tough to handle?”

Well, the Shuppet seemed to understand my stifled laughter, because it opened its mouth- again, I use that term loosely- and blew a large ball of bluish flame into my face, probably burning off most of my eyebrows and the hair that fell over my forehead.

“Will-O-Wisp…” I coughed, and put on a fake smile. This Pokemon was clever. “Well, I can see why you can’t handle it, it’s so powerful.” Heh, that was a lie. Inside my head, I was dying to shout, “No, it’s because you’re an incompetent trainer and your Shuppet is spoiled and lacks respect!” but I just kept my mouth shut in case that Shuppet still had some flame left in it.

Yuri must’ve sensed my annoyance, because she quickly took out her Pokeball and sent the wretched little thing back to where it came from. “I’m so sorry, Mr. Skylar! I can’t control him at all! That’s why I haven’t been able to catch any other Pokemon…” her cocky tone had faded and she looked as if she might cry. I’m not too sure, I never understood teenage girls.

So, not wanting to make her cry, I just sucked it up and put my hand on her shoulder. “It’s fine. Give me ten minutes to get ready and I’ll take you out back to the reserve.”

As soon as she heard these words, her frown was replaced by a large smile and before I knew it, she had jumped at me and was hugging me. “Thank you! Thank you! Thank you so much, Mr. Skylar!” she giggled as I pushed her off and went back upstairs to get dressed.

“Whatever, make yourself at home!” I called down, putting on a clean shirt, my old worn out cross trainers and a baseball cap to hide my scorched hair. Picking up Trident, I slid down the banister and landed at her feet. “Ready?”

100@307

Last edited by yuri-chan the shiznit; 03-24-2007 at 03:24 AM.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:08 AM
Experienced Trainer

Forty minutes and a lot of whines and groans later, I had finally found the perfect spot for this newbie to catch a Pokemon.

“Okay,” I said, climbing up an unusually stout tree to get a better look, “what kind of Pokemon would you like to try for?”

Yuri’s face was blank for a while- which also meant she was quiet, for the first time ever- while she thought, “Uh…lessee, I want a Teddiursa, a Gorebyss, an Ampharos, an Eevee, and a Squirtle!” she looked at me triumphantly as if expecting applause.

I just rolled my eyes and groaned. “Two things wrong with that scenario. One, those are all very rare Pokemon, and you’re still a newblet; Two, we’re in the middle of the friggin’ woods! You wouldn’t find anything like that here!” I knew I was going to have my work cut out for me here.

She looked a bit disappointed at first, but as if trying to hide it, she started to braid her hair. I had to admit, for a total moron, she was kind of cute. I hadn’t really noticed it because of all the mud, but when I took a really good look at her, I noticed how pretty the color of her eyes were. They were pretty unusual, to say the least, I had never seen such a color. A clear teal color, they were flecked with specks of blue and a hint of golden brown. She must’ve noticed me staring at her, because she came really close to my face, our noses were almost touching.

“Listen, bud, you better find another innocent young girl to take advantage of, because I know judo!” she growled, getting into a fighting stance, “I’m fourteen, and you’re…old.”

Now I was beginning to lose my temper. “You listen, girly, I’m no perverted old man! I’m sixteen! That’s two years older than you! It wouldn’t even be considered statuatory-“
I had to stop myself before she’d get the idea to kick me in the crotch and run. Damnit, I thought, now she really does think I’m a pervert!

But, lucky for me, she didn’t seem to hear me, and was already wandering off somewhere.

“You’re boring me.” she said, taking a few of the Pokeballs I had brought along, “So I’m gonna do this on my own!”

“Fine. Have fun with that uncontrollable Shuppet of yours. I’m going to resume the sleep that you so rudely interrupted.” By the time I finished my sentence, she was already out of sight.

I don’t remember what I dreamed about, but it was pretty strange. Rabbits, and I was having dinner with a Tentacool. Then, all of a sudden, the jelly fish Pokemon morphed into Yuri, and I woke, once again, by Trident pinching my arm and twisting. Or maybe it was the piercing scream.

I ran as fast as I could, Trident riding on my shoulders, and expertly navigated myself through the thick forest as I have numerous times before with my brother, Devin.

“Skylar! Help me!”

I came to a skidding hault and fell flat on my face. It was a Weedle. Yuri flat against a tree, tears streaming from her eyes.

“You’re kidding me.” I said, picking the poisonous little worm by its stinger and holding it up to her face. Immediately, the color drained from her face and she fainted.

About an hour later, I heard her stir.

“Moron. You made me rescue you over a Weedle?!” I shouted, Trident mimicking my expression and angrily pointing a claw at her.

She blushed, her fair skin turning a light pink. “I..I hate bugs. Any kind. When I was little, I got lost in the National Park and chased by a hive of Beedrill.”

I had to admit, I felt a little bad about shouting at her, so I held my hand out for her and helped her up, handing her Shuppet’s ball.

“Come on. You’re going to learn the proper way to catch a Pokemon.” I grinned, leading her by the hand into the woods once again.

“Please don’t make me do this…” she said, her voice shaky.

Yes, once again, Yuri was face to face with the Weedle, her Shuppet giving it a piercing glare.

“Just, call out a move.” I grinned, perched up in a tree away from that angry little ghost.

It took her a few minutes, but she finally stepped up to the tiny bug. “Okay, Shuu, use Will-O-Wisp!”

What I was expecting did not come. Instead of the huge blast that had hit me, a small little ember was launched at the Weedle, which easily jumped out of the way and used String Shot, on her instead of the ghost Pokemon.

“Oh…now what…” Yuri whined, falling to her knees.

“Don’t you know anything about Shuppet? Come on, there’s Faint Attack, Night Shade, Shadow Ball, just pick one!”

“Fine! Now, use Shadow Ball!”

I had never seen her like this. Her voice was confident and her eyes were strong. Maybe Devin was wrong. Maybe I am a good teacher, because for once, Shuu seemed to show a bit of respect for her. It opened its mouth- yes, this time it really did have a mouth- and started to form a large black ball of energy that was covered in a thin black electrical charge.

“Shuuuuu!” it shouted, the ball now larger than the Shuppet itself, and shot it at the Weedle, who had no time to dodge. It hit, head on, and the insect came flying backwards and smashed into the tree. I had almost expected it to smash like a bee on a windshield.

“Yeah! Great job! You KO’ed it!” I cheered, jumping down and landing in a crouch beside her. “Now you can try something a little bit harder.”

100@307

Last edited by yuri-chan the shiznit; 03-24-2007 at 03:23 AM.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:23 AM
Experienced Trainer

“Where are we going?” she asked meekly as I pulled her along, and I had to admit, she was cute when she was being quiet.

“You’ll see.”

Some time later, we had arrived in what we in Rosewood Villa called The Grove. The sky was clear, the tall grass was blowing in the wind, and a group of Roselia and Bellossom were having what appeared to be a dance off, where the Roselia appeared to be getting served. Damn television. I had been to this place many times, so it wasn’t anything new for me, but to Yuri, who was used to a big city, this was magic. Her eyes were sparkling and she was running around and laughing like a small child. It really brought a smile to my face. Especially when she fell flat on her face.

“Alrighty, Shuu, let’s go catch you a friend!” she giggled, and Shuu seemed to want to imitate her now that she was more competent, so he was ambitious as well. They both started around The Grove, poking their heads into tree nests and ruffling bushes, causing many of the native Pokemon to become severely irritated. Unfortunately they seemed to all want to take it out on me, and an hour later I was covered in Beedrill stings, hit by Stun Spores and Poison Powders, and even bit by a Snubbul. But it was worth it to have helped a fellow trainer, I guess.

I was pretty tired after that little, “that crazy girl is in our way so let’s take it out on our friend Skylar” episode, so I decided to take a quick break against a tree. Sure enough, as soon as I lie down, something heavy and wooly falls right on top of me. I think Yuri might be jinxed, or maybe I should just check that I’m not sleeping under an opening in the cliff next time.

“Oh my gosh, it’s a Mareep!” she squealed, not even noticing that I had been suffocating under that walking cotton candy.

To her chagrin, the Mareep was fast asleep. Not even a carefully placed Shadow Ball was able to wake it up.

“Is it dead?” I asked, poking it with a stick. I guess that was the final straw, because Mareep woke up and began to charge its Thundershock.

“Alright, now Shuu, use Faint Attack!” she shouted, and Shuu came close to the ground and Mareep seemed to be pulled in. Before it could dodge, the ghost rushed towards it and knocked it into the air.

“Good…now follow with Will-O-Wisp!”

Mareep was a sitting duck, and this time, the ghostly flames were enormous. The sheep hit the ground hard, and we both thought it was over.

“Reeeep…” it growled, and started to spark with static that continued to grow.

“Ah! Watch out, that’s Thunder!” I screamed, but from my position there was nothing I could really do but sit back and watch.

It was a critical hit, and Shuu was severely damaged. Yuri scooped the lifeless ghost into her arms and started to rock it back and forth.

“Oh no, oh no, what did I do?!” she sobbed, turning to look at me, “What now?!”

“Do you have any items with you, like a Potion, or even a TM? You know, those small CD looking things? ”

She gave me a blank look. “Huh? You mean like this?” she asked, pulling a small pink disk out of her bag. I immediately recognized it as a very powerful attack.

“Idiot! That’s Psychic! Didn’t you know when you give those to your Pokemon they are able to learn new moves?”

“Are you serious? Because I already gave this thing to Shuu, I thought it was a Calcium tablet. So…” she looked down at Shuppet, who had regained consciousness. “Shuu, can you try a Psychic attack for me?”

Mareep was not about to stand by and let itself get captured, and had just fired off another Thunder.

I couldn’t look. As much as that little thing annoyed me, I couldn’t bare to see it hurt like that. Both Yuri and I braced ourselves for a large wave of electricity. I think I was the first to open my eyes.

Shuu had unleashed a powerful energy that had picked Mareep up off the ground and slammed it into the cliff. It must’ve been instinct, because somehow I managed to jump out and catch it before it came plummeting to the rocks below.

I gave Yuri a quick nod. She was catching on quickly.

“Pokeball, go!” she shouted, unhooking one of the empty balls from her belt and throwing it like a baseball. It hit the unconscious sheep and pulled it inside, wiggling…

100@307

Last edited by yuri-chan the shiznit; 03-24-2007 at 03:29 AM.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:29 AM
Experienced Trainer

Ready for grade.

Characters (no spaces): 11,075
Characters (with spaces): 13,650
Pokemon: Mareep

If it sounds kind of weird, it's probably my lack of sleep and Friday night grogginess, but I think I read it over pretty well.

100@307
Old 03-24-2007, 09:26 PM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Send a message via AIM to FireflyK

Introduction&Plot: Definitely unusual. I love it! Your story has a concept one doesn't see very often, and the introduction is, well, good at introducing what's going on. I'm gonna guess that you have a lot of writing expirience, even if it isn't all from writing here on URPG, because you did a very good job here.

Details&characters: Some of your descriptions made me laugh, and I mean that in a good way. Your characters were amazing, I found myself pitying poor Skylar- especially when Yuri thought he was trying to seduce her. Really, there's not much I could suggest you add. You seem to have an eye for detail, and your characters are just too funny.

Length: My goodness! Being a Simple Pokemon, Mareep require 5-10K. You have more than is needed. =P You're determined to leave me with nothing to suggest for your future stories, eh?

Overall: Mareep Captured! You did a very nice job with this.

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.

I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:20 PM
Experienced Trainer

((Yes, it's part of my evil scheme. *maniacal laughter*))

Yuri was ecstatic. As soon as the Pokeball stopped wiggling and we heard that familiar ping, she looked as if she might explode.

"Ohmigoshthankyousomuch!!!" she squealed, pulling me in a hug so tight I started to turn blue.

"It's fine..." I choked, pushing her off and stopping for a moment to take a breath, "But can we please go get something to eat? Or at least some coffee?"

She nodded and grabbed me by the arm, pulling me through the rough thicket, "Uh-huh, the least I can do is pay for it. You're special, you know that?"

"Why?" I asked, because I'm the first person to help you without killing myself?

"Because you're the first person to help me catch a Pokemon. Miss Whitney tried to help me before but she kept having nervous breakdowns for some reason."

I could just imagine that pink haired spaz lying in the fetal position and sucking her thumb, Yuri's Shuppet flying around her head in circles and blowing flames from its non-existant mouth.

When we got back to my house, I had collected a suitable amount of twigs, monkey brains and leaves after being dragged through the forest floor, and I even managed to find a few Pokeballs and Potions. As I cleaned up, Yuri managed to salvage a few takeout menus and was ordering a full spread as a thank you for my help.

"You can use the bathroom if you want to clean up." I said, acknowledging her muddy clothes.

"Great, the food should be here soon." she grinned, and started upstairs, "by the way, can I borrow a pair of clothes while mine are in the wash?"

I didn't even get to answer her, she just raced up the steps and I heard the sound of running water and the opening of drawers. I silently prayed they weren't mine.

100@307