Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 10:51 PM
Sephiroth Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Need help GETTING my new team

I have had ruby for some time now, and I'm finally buying saphire on the internet, in the two to three weeks it will take to get here in hawaii, I wanna know how to GET the pokes/moves in my team.

Slot one Ludicolo
-surf/giga drain
-rain dance
-toxic
-LEECH SEED

Now, 2 things with him, who do I breed him with to get leech seed? and secondly, if I get the same lomber, and use water stone on him, he evolves and has swift swim, if I revert to a save and do it again, is there a chance he'll have rain dish, or is that lombre always stuck with swift swim when it evolves?

Slot 2

Latios
-T bolt
-Psychic
-Dragon claw
-Recover

I know how to get all this, but I've been looking for ages, HOW can I find this sumbisch? I know he appears randomly after beating E4, but it's been over a year, no sign of latios.

slot 3
Metagross
-EQ
-MM
-SHADOW BALL
-Psychic (explosion when FR/LG comes out)

Where is the shadow ball TM located?
Old 03-10-2004, 02:26 AM
Crimson Spider Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: Need help GETTING my new team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth
I have had ruby for some time now, and I'm finally buying saphire on the internet, in the two to three weeks it will take to get here in hawaii, I wanna know how to GET the pokes/moves in my team.

Slot one Ludicolo
-surf/giga drain
-rain dance
-toxic
-LEECH SEED

Now, 2 things with him, who do I breed him with to get leech seed? and secondly, if I get the same lomber, and use water stone on him, he evolves and has swift swim, if I revert to a save and do it again, is there a chance he'll have rain dish, or is that lombre always stuck with swift swim when it evolves?
O.K. Leech seed is obtained when breeding with Cacnea, Roselia, and Shroomish. If you catch a lotad with Swift swim, it will always have swift swim. If you catch one with rain dish, it will always have rain dish.

Quote:
Slot 2

Latios
-T bolt
-Psychic
-Dragon claw
-Recover

I know how to get all this, but I've been looking for ages, HOW can I find this sumbisch? I know he appears randomly after beating E4, but it's been over a year, no sign of latios.
Now, the most popular way to get Latios is to go to mauville with a level 40 or 39 pokemon, and walk around the grass in the adjacent routs with repels. It's random and would probably take awhile, but Latios will appear.
Quote:
slot 3
Metagross
-EQ
-MM
-SHADOW BALL
-Psychic (explosion when FR/LG comes out)

Where is the shadow ball TM located?
Wasn't it located in the same building that leads to the shrine that has the blue and red orbs?

Sup, Dog? Check this out.
http://www.liliy.net/mdak/guestart.html
Old 03-10-2004, 02:30 AM
Sephiroth Offline
Experienced Trainer

OK thanks! but i didn't know lotad/lombre could have rain dish.

Latios, I though that it was like the dogs, tht it would only appear on a certain route, and the only way to change it was to change routes yourself... so does that mean that any place I go if I just take long enough latios will appear?

and thanks for the tip on shadow ball TM.
Old 03-11-2004, 03:08 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth
OK thanks! but i didn't know lotad/lombre could have rain dish.

Latios, I though that it was like the dogs, tht it would only appear on a certain route, and the only way to change it was to change routes yourself... so does that mean that any place I go if I just take long enough latios will appear?

and thanks for the tip on shadow ball TM.
Use you're PokeDex as your main guide. Try to stay in one place (I used Mawville) and then use the PokeDex to see where Latios is. If he's really far away from your location, go into a building and come out again and chances are his location would have changed. Every time you enter a building or enter a new location or town, he will move to a region next to the one where he was just at. It's a little about luck, but try to have it where he's two locations away from you, and then try heading toward his location.

If you're lucky, you'll both be in the same location since while you moved upward, he would have moved downward or vice versa. Latios won't move from the same location you're in unless you find him or you move to another location, regardless of how many wild Pokemon you accidenlty encounter. Most likely, Latios will be on the water. If you saved your Master Ball, it shouldn't be a problem but if you didn't, you're going to have to do a some work.

If you don't have your Master Ball, try paralyizing Latios with a Thunder wave. Then, you're only choice is try damaging him without making him faint. Chances are good he'll run away like crazy, and you're only choice will be to try again. Save often, just in case you accidently knock him out.

I used an Ultra Ball to catch him, but there might be something better, I'm not 100% sure about that. Whatever you do, don't poison or burn Latios, or you're going to have a much tougher time. I haven't tried sleep yet, but that might be another if not better solution.

I wish you the best of luck on this one.

Old 03-11-2004, 05:11 PM
Sephiroth Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu
Use you're PokeDex as your main guide. Try to stay in one place (I used Mawville) and then use the PokeDex to see where Latios is. If he's really far away from your location, go into a building and come out again and chances are his location would have changed. Every time you enter a building or enter a new location or town, he will move to a region next to the one where he was just at. It's a little about luck, but try to have it where he's two locations away from you, and then try heading toward his location.

If you're lucky, you'll both be in the same location since while you moved upward, he would have moved downward or vice versa. Latios won't move from the same location you're in unless you find him or you move to another location, regardless of how many wild Pokemon you accidenlty encounter. Most likely, Latios will be on the water. If you saved your Master Ball, it shouldn't be a problem but if you didn't, you're going to have to do a some work.

If you don't have your Master Ball, try paralyizing Latios with a Thunder wave. Then, you're only choice is try damaging him without making him faint. Chances are good he'll run away like crazy, and you're only choice will be to try again. Save often, just in case you accidently knock him out.

I used an Ultra Ball to catch him, but there might be something better, I'm not 100% sure about that. Whatever you do, don't poison or burn Latios, or you're going to have a much tougher time. I haven't tried sleep yet, but that might be another if not better solution.

Well, I will, as son as I GET him in my pokedex, it's been months, and I haven't ENCOUNTERED latios yet, and I saved my master ball.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:31 AM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu

Yeah master ball is the best option if you have one. If you wanna have a kyogre thats not such a oober

Kyogre@Chesto
Rest/Calm mind
Sheer Cold
Rain Dance
Hydro Pump
Old 03-12-2004, 12:35 AM
Sephiroth Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco
Yeah master ball is the best option if you have one. If you wanna have a kyogre thats not such a oober

Kyogre@Chesto
Rest/Calm mind
Sheer Cold
Rain Dance
Hydro Pump
I know a good kyogre moveset (no way does he need rain dance, his ability is permanent rain) But this is a team for the battle tower, and kyogre isn't allowed, yet latios is, I just need tips on FINDING the sumbisch
Old 03-25-2004, 03:35 AM
Jirachi Offline
Experienced Trainer

I got one.Go somewhere and keep going in and out of that route intill the pokedex says he is there.
Old 03-26-2004, 04:05 PM
gamevoid Offline
Experienced Trainer

I use lillycove, Wha tyou do is find him get him in your dex after that then its all easy, Fly to lillycove and look at your dex, if he is on route 120, 124 or 122 go to the left exit of the city to route 121 and with luck he will be there with you. If he is on Route 121, 125, or 126 go to route 124 and with luck he will be there with you. If he is not on any of those routes the use fly to fly to lillycove(yes lillycove). Hope this helps.
Old 03-26-2004, 04:08 PM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge

After you started to ask for locations, this thread belongs in the RS board, since it's not asking about movesets or strategies.
Old 03-27-2004, 01:25 AM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to mlugia Send a message via MSN to mlugia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachi
I got one.Go somewhere and keep going in and out of that route intill the pokedex says he is there.
do you think that maybe if the thread hasn't been touched in 2 weeks means it might be, oh, I don't know, DEAD?