Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

View Poll Results: How interested would you be in a Pokemon TCG video game sequel?
Extremely interested. 98 36.43%
Highly interested. 48 17.84%
Somewhat interested. 31 11.52%
A little interested. 33 12.27%
Not at all interested. 59 21.93%
Voters: 269. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 05:00 AM
ky72x Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Re: PE2K Poll (April) - #1: How interested would you be for a Pokemon TCG game sequel

The GB version was very fun, and still was quite a challenge. Nintendo should really consider making a new one for the DS.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:21 PM
PokéJungle Offline

Send a message via AIM to PokéJungle Send a message via MSN to PokéJungle
Default Re: PE2K Poll (April) - #1: How interested would you be for a Pokemon TCG game sequel

It would LOVE a sequel on the DS o_o;

[[ PJN | MMC | SCO | DWC |
Old 04-03-2007, 03:01 PM
skyswellow Offline
Master Trainer

my cousin bought the first game i didnt understand but since then ive learned all about the tcg so i would be extremely interested

Hatch @ 57 done
Croconaw @ 96
Feraligatr @ 132
Lv.100 @ 342

Old 04-03-2007, 03:15 PM
ferret man Offline

I would be extremely interested in a sequel, since I used to have the gbc version of it, but I never got through it because I lost mine, so Nintendo really should consider making the sequel.

p.s. If you dont reconize my user name it's because I just became a member and this is my first post.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:28 PM
InvertrevnI Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to InvertrevnI Send a message via MSN to InvertrevnI

I would be interested in a TCG video game sequel, the original was plenty fun.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:57 PM
Thrall Offline

Send a message via AIM to Thrall Send a message via Yahoo to Thrall

Eww, no. It takes away the hole point of the cards : /.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:45 AM
Shadow Eevee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

I feel it was highly needed.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:15 AM
hsb39 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

You need it, it would get more people to buy the cards.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:07 PM
PaulMac Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
I never played the first game and I rarely play it irl anymore, so I think I wouldn't be insterested in it at all.
Still have the GBC one.
I'd love a sequel it's kinda like Yu-gi-oh Pokémon style.

Pwnt ^^
Old 04-04-2007, 11:21 PM
King Zark Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to King Zark Send a message via MSN to King Zark Send a message via Yahoo to King Zark

I actually liked the TCG game it makes you actually think and it was the harder ones of the poke games.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:00 AM
Pawshockers Trainer Offline
New Trainer

No, I didn't like the TCG game so much. I think we should leave Pokemon to what it's best at and leave card games to Yu-Gi-Oh. I do, however, enjoy collecting the real-life cards.

Last edited by Pawshockers Trainer; 04-05-2007 at 04:04 AM.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:02 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
Eww, no. It takes away the hole point of the cards : /.
Tell that to the mtgo guys, or YVD guys, or Marvel Portable guys, etc. The whole point of cards was that it was the element of deck building and playing against others using decks. Many would love to not have to deal with a) buying so many cards for so much money, and b) have to deal with the paper aspects of a TCG. Doesn't seem valid a point IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawshockers Trainer View Post
No, I didn't like the TCG game so much. I think we should leave Pokemon to what it's best at and leave card games to Yu-Gi-Oh. I do, however, enjoy collecting the real-life cards.
Strangely enough, Pokemon is a better TCG game than YGO in almost every possible aspect. The only major flaw that I see in Pokemon that doesn't exist in YGO is the fact that there is no "win more" prize system in YGO. Otherwise, every aspect of Pokemon was either on par or was more superior to YGO, IMO.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:09 PM
Calypso Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Calypso

Definately. I was playing my old one the other day on the plane back from Tenerife and I realised how good the game could get. I sort of neglected the just of it when I first got it, but now I'm really into it. I still don't play the card game though. Lawl
Old 04-08-2007, 04:37 AM
Rpgraccoon Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Rpgraccoon

I am not sure about having a sequel to that game. I may be go though. I guess I am a little interested.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:05 PM
SunshineWingull Offline

Send a message via AIM to SunshineWingull
Smile Re: PE2K Poll (April) - #1: How interested would you be for a Pokemon TCG game sequel

I was just thinking about this topic yesterday.

A couple of months ago, I traded Frogger 2 for Pokemon Trading Card Game with my best friend. It turned out to be highly worth it; the game consumes most of my time now. Like Fire Emblem's, the theme song sounds so...hopeful. My name on it is Kait (had to fit my nickname in there because full wouldn't work) and I have 3 Master Medals. I have tried to beat Ken 32 times now. Will be updated.

Also, that game is the only thing that helped me learn how to play the card game. From websites to manuals to magazines, nothing seemed to work. Even friends couldn't help me learn (though I only had 1 who knew). Finally, I got Pokemon Trading Card Game. I learned and became almost a pro within minutes. Through my eyes, its gameplay is the best I've ever seen, though it has a clear goal, but like almost every Pokemon game, an impure story. Crystal and Emerald were okay, but Mystery Dungeon was my 2nd favorite story of all-time next to Fire Emblem. It was weird at that one point when I was talking to Chikorita (if the story is good enough, I'll talk to a character and cry at the same time), my words matched the script withought knowing it! Like Fire Emblem, Mystery Dungeon was highly interactive. Pokemon Trading Card Game was interactive, but not due to story. If there was a sequel, like many other Pokemon games, it would need a clear and emotional story. Pokemon Trading Card Game's interactivity and music is a good mix with storyline. Take my 3rd favorite story, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, for example. While riding in the King of Red Lions, I stood up and felt wind in my hair when the door and windows were shut. The room also semmed to be brighter. When I was playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team, when I was turning back into a human girl, the room looked darker. On Pokemon Emerald when Kyogre and Groudon were fighting, the room liked as if it were raining. See what a story could do for Trading Card Game?

I am currently trying to eat a baloon due to exitement of pre-ordering Pokemon Pearl later today. I know I have A.D.D. and all, but this is rediculous...

Last edited by SunshineWingull; 04-09-2007 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Do you even care?
Closed Thread