Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 04-28-2007, 08:56 PM
Echo Offline
PE2K Team Rater

Send a message via AIM to Echo
Default Titles are overrated.

I've never liked fancy introductions, so I'll just get to the point almost straight away. Normally MTV programs don't belong to my daily schedual,
but if I were to insert a name of a show you might be able to guess what's going on here. The show I had in mind is 'Punk'd'. Screw Ashton Kutcher and the whole reality TV behind that program, but I think it fits the theme quite well actually.

Normally people make a somewhat big deal when they get 1,000 posts, or a multiple of those. Not on this forum, but on other forums. Dear God, some of you have quite a few thousands of posts and you don't seem to be able of qutting. Heh, contradicting myself here a bit, because in my last 'last post' I said I wouldn't really keep up with posting. No, this is probably not a last post; that depends on the outcome of this text. As I was saying, I won't be making a big deal about my 1,000 posts, because 913 is a much better number. Coincidentally, I never got a birthday thread when they were still allowed and I had partly left when I was congratulated in the sticky thread for birthdays. You could probably guess that 9/13, or 13th of September, is my birthday by now. Now, if you're desperately impatient, you can check out the possible candidates in the birthday calendar. If you choose to do so, you're obviously not worthy of posting in this thread, because you haven't read longer than this.

About posting in this thread: welcome back -threads are not allowed, so this is not a thread like that. If you consider this as a thread like, don't waste your time considering anymore. Threads about yourself in general are not allowed, so this thread is not about that either. Threads about other members are not allowed, so this thread is not about you people either. Because I am posting this in Other Chat, the topic can't be anything serious, anything related with culture, anything related with Pokemon, nor can it relate to URPG or NBL, so a good question would be, what can this topic be about? Well, I've never considered myself as a one to make useless posts, so this thread can be about two-faced people in general who used to like you until they found out that you only like them because of their status. Yes, that's a good topic and it applies to the real world, not just this forum.

If you're still reading, thank you. If you're reading just this line, please, don't post in this thread, because you won't know how to contribute to it.

My account as Echo has been more than fun, to be frankly honest. I really swapped a personality when I created this account last summer and it's been good knowing that some of you are actually worth of being a friend with. While it's been not-so-cool knowing that some of you 'ditched' me when I 'left'. On the other hand, my personality on the forum, which is my actual personality in life, has gotten me into some problems with certain members and I have no intention of apologizing. I am what I am - deal with it. Special thanks to the post-a-lots who have generally been cool enoguh to provide me with some humor on this forum. And no, I didn't mean that you are funny. Also thanks for the people who like to post in the strategies -section, mainly the people who don't have a clue of what they are doing. You guys have made this year quite a comedy.

As for the 'illegal' part of creating multiple accounts, I sure am not the first one to do it, but I sure am making quite a deal about it. Heh, screw me or something. After all, I posted almost a thousand times 'as someone else'. Though that's not the point why I am making this post and hassle about my clone account. The point is morality, which most of you lack severely. Yes, it's just over the internet, as I like to say occasionally. The way I've been treating most of you is something you've deserved. Pe2k is generally a good forum, it used to be better. I haven't been a member for too long, but I have been a member for enough time to know what phases the forum has gone through. The phase it's going through now is sad, because there is a lack of members who aren't postcount concerned. There aren't enough members who actually contribute by more than just mere chatting. There are less and less original members while there is a mass of 2k+people with "omg noob haha im so fun"-signatures or avatars. Wow guys, you are so cool, cool enough for me to even admire you. Please...

I recall it being taken into consideration of creating a subforum where the older members would only have access to. It ended up in a quarrel and with the crestion of Shack and other 'mature' little forums. They failed in general and got abandoned with huge wars about being hipocratic and stuff. If they were to have been successful, I wouldn't be here. The problem is that this forum is providing less and less possibilities for older members. Not older as in how long they've been a member, but older as in terms of age. Everything seems so limited and that leaves only rule-breaking as an option to create something new - we all know how that ends.

Enough ranting for my part in this thread. I've left quite a few clues along my months on this account about what my previous one was, but seems as if no one ever thought of them. You could read my URPG story for kicks, you could've c/p'd the link from an old Shpongle banner that Robert made for me or you could've gotten me off guard in the beginning, like a member, who unfortunately left, did. For all I know, only the people I told about this know about this, but heck, I could be wrong and be making a fool out of myself by typing this. That's why I actually included a few topics within. But to be honest, I am quite certain that no one mentioned a word about my cloning.

I think this should be a good time to end my post. If you haven't read it, you won't have a clue what this thread is about until you see other people posting. If you decide to post something along the lines of 'welcome back' or 'i should've known', please, spare other people the trouble of skimming through those useless lines of text that just scream postcount++. If you have a high posting rate and your average post length is less than 20 words, you seriously might consider posting in this thread. I won't like your one-liners. If you'd like to post your input, why not actually contribute something to the thread, because after all, it has a topic or two.

There's just one question left unanswered for me now, should I stick with this account or swap back to my old one?
Old 04-28-2007, 09:11 PM
Loyal Arcanine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Loyal Arcanine
Default Re: Titles are overrated.

I was wondering when you were going to spit all this stuff. Almost worthy of a sticky, good job.

Old account, btw. Or get yourself banned, like Nykwana Wombosi.

"gengar is a fart" imsocorn (4:08:55): Is that your way of saying "and not a single **** was given that day" ?

Old 04-28-2007, 09:19 PM
Matt Offline
<- Khold's Butt
Elite Trainer (Level 7)

Send a message via AIM to Matt

I missed you. ;_; Why did you never tell me you arsehole? Grr...

And I appreciated the MOTM vote, it meant a lot, I was going to grace you with the same, but I never got around to voting...

And stay with this one, No use giving up the expert title, it's simply a name change now.
------
FrozenChaos703: I have a kitty named Peaches.
FrozenChaos703: She can stand on my boobs.
FrozenChaos703: Without falling.

Last edited by Matt; 04-28-2007 at 09:21 PM.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:14 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

I really don't care which one you choose to end up with. We'll ban the other. XD

Nykwana Wombosi...Oh gosh that was a disaster...
Old 04-28-2007, 10:57 PM
Loyal Arcanine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Loyal Arcanine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
I really don't care which one you choose to end up with. We'll ban the other. XD

Nykwana Wombosi...Oh gosh that was a disaster...
That depends on how you look at it. I found it pretty satisfying.

"gengar is a fart" imsocorn (4:08:55): Is that your way of saying "and not a single **** was given that day" ?

Old 04-28-2007, 11:02 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyal Arcanine View Post
That depends on how you look at it. I found it pretty satisfying.
It did depend on the POV in this case. I'd rather not get into it again though. Thanks.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:05 PM
Finch Offline
Inazuma

Send a message via Skype™ to Finch

omg, what a clown.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:42 PM
Finglonger Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Finglonger

Yes well, I think I figured this out a long time ago, I just sort of switched the two members mentally at any rate. Keep posting with whatever name makes you happiest, or with both of them when the mood arises, thats always fun.

and if we got in trouble for having clone accounts, half of us would be gone, I think it just depends on how you use it. I'm sure I have a few clones around, none of them active posters by any stretch, but hey we all do it.

I never quite understood what it was with this forum and postcounts. I see members who have 1k, 2k, 3k hell even some 5kers and I still think "man what a noob" whenever I see them post. You would think that after a thousand some odd posts they would learn how to be cool, or at least tolerable, I guess not. But hey look at me, joined in odd 4 and I have less posts than the half of you.

and yeah the shack...ah man even if that failed it was fun, we had a couple of other pe2k offsprings as well, they were all fun in their own way.

edit: Im unfamiliar with Nykwana Wombosi...anyone want to fill me in?
Old 04-28-2007, 11:55 PM
Ultima Boss Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo View Post
Normally MTV programs don't belong to my daily schedule
Heh, MTV doesn't fit on the air, in general. Or at least, to this day. If anything, they need a 'P' for Pop' Music TeleVision, which suits degradation a bit more effectively.

Quote:
Threads about yourself in general are not allowed
Quote:
Threads about other members are not allowed
Well, now, that doesn't stop anybody from doing it. A shame, really, but, I suppose, it's their prerogative.

Quote:
On the other hand, my personality on the forum, which is my actual personality in life, has gotten me into some problems with certain members and I have no intention of apologizing.
Yeah, I really feel for you, on that one. But, 'eh, I suppose that comes to show just how much the times really have changed, here, for the past five years or so, for my case, anyway.

Quote:
Special thanks to the post-a-lots who have generally been cool enoguh to provide me with some humor on this forum. And no, I didn't mean that you are funny. Also thanks for the people who like to post in the strategies -section, mainly the people who don't have a clue of what they are doing. You guys have made this year quite a comedy.
We do what we can, just for you, my friend. Be sure to stay tuned, for you have seen nothing, yet.

Quote:
The point is morality, which most of you lack severely.
I love you, man. No, I mean it. You're one of the few people, around here, that seems to have some kind of set values, not seeking blind loyalty.

Yeah, I know, we haven't ever talked outside the realm of this forum, but you sure put on quite a show, when you do appear.

Quote:
Pe2k is generally a good forum, it used to be better.
Apparently so, since Ryan does have a good number of members here, though most of them are wasting space. And, yes, this place has changed, quite a bit, for the past five years or so.

I'm not going to say, specifically, to insure my security, but there have been a few instances where this forum changed for the worst. In spite of that, Ryan is still maintaining this place, along with his Blue Falcons, stable enough to not close shop.

Quote:
The phase it's going through now is sad, because there is a lack of members who aren't postcount concerned. There aren't enough members who actually contribute by more than just mere chatting. There are less and less original members while there is a mass of 2k+people with "omg noob haha im so fun"-signatures or avatars.
I’m not sure if you have noticed this, or not, but our age group (17-21 years of age) is becoming a dying generation, here. Maybe there’s also a correlation to that and overall maturity level, in respect to age?

Quote:
T[he problem is that this forum is providing less and less possibilities for older members. Not older as in how long they've been a member, but older as in terms of age.
Amen, to that, brother!

Of course, being a Pokemon forum, and how Pokemon is advertised, these days, it’s going to be a bit hard to attract people, like us. Sad, but true, that people can be quite shallow, when it comes to judging a book, by its cover.

Quote:
Everything seems so limited and that leaves only rule-breaking as an option to create something new - we all know how that ends.
Yes, and I speak for myself, as well. A hint of my last account will shed light into one’s ignorant bliss.

Quote:
should I stick with this account or swap back to my old one?
I don’t know, how do you want the curtain to go down?

Oh, yeah, by the way, thanks for the "Most Improved Member". I suppose it's what happens when one's been a member for PE2K, for five years, now.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:38 PM
sonickid01 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

You switch personalities when you switch accounts? I would have to say, which personality did you like more? That should decide which account you choose. Although I don't know you, never heard of you and your orange title.

"Mature" forums... I went to a forum called SSMB, SonicStadiumMessageBoard. It was nice, but had slightly explicit members and n00bs everywhere. My two best friends were banned about the time when the forum was finally rehauled to be an older, more mature forum. I just think the n00bs should be a bit more under control, but that's probably pretty hard. I'm not a mod so I don't know what it's like.

Yeah, Finglonger, I was just going to ask about that guy or girl.
Originally Posted by aoboco
National Eating Disorders... maybe because of the clam chowder from yesterday?
Old 04-29-2007, 04:30 PM
Charbok Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charbok Send a message via MSN to Charbok Send a message via Skype™ to Charbok

Haha, i do vaguely remember Nykwana Wombosi from before i actually did alot of posting. I do remember when he got banned though. That was a while back.

Personally, i don't know you too well, only as a mod. But I always found you to be one of the more fair mods who wouldnt strictly follow the rules like Jack. You were always very flexible, and if someone broke a rule, but got a valid point across, then you'd let it slide. I always liked that about you. I say stick with this account, we could use a mod like you around here.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:03 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Echo isn't a moderator. The current account he has is simply just a normal member with a special title.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:22 PM
Ultima Boss Offline

Quote:
Echo isn't a moderator. The current account he has is simply just a normal member with a special title.
Yes, and, if you're still disoriented, look here, for the selection of Moderators and Global Moderators.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:19 PM
Marth Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marth Send a message via Yahoo to Marth

As I also created a second account once, I noticed that some members changed their attitude towards the new member in a disrespectful way, just like you did.

I believe that Echo has the most grown-up attitude between the 2 personalities. But, when I talked to you over AIM it was like talking to a more mature version of your previous personality. So I'd go for the old account.

Long live the Royal Krab.
BlueJelloJelly (12:00:35): What, you going to kill me with your Wynaut?
ClockKnight (12:06:07): bidoof use take down on wynaut
ClockKnight (12:06:50): wynaut use counter!
ClockKnight (12:06:58): ko
StunkyLupus (12:07:04): OWNEDDDDDDD

Last edited by Marth; 04-29-2007 at 07:30 PM.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:00 PM
Charbok Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charbok Send a message via MSN to Charbok Send a message via Skype™ to Charbok

Quote:
Wow, i'm slow. I always thought he was a mod... I guess i just figured since his name was a different color lol. He should be a mod though

Last edited by Charbok; 04-29-2007 at 09:06 PM.