Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Pokemon RPG's Pokemon Ultra RPG General Marketplace

Marketplace Pokemart, Quizzes and Contests inside! Spend or earn your money here.

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 01:18 AM
Nikki the Mew Offline

Send a message via AIM to Nikki the Mew Send a message via MSN to Nikki the Mew
Default Re: Quizzer Wanted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki the Mew View Post
I'd like to do this! ^^ I'm not very experienced at URPG, however, I am practically a living encyclopedia on Pokemon!

Please gimme the job? Please please please? XD *begs*

Btw, does it pay anything?

Edit: Also, I have a couple of suggestions for pay, if it does/doesn't.

$500 for each question, each month, but with a maximum of 20 questions to prevent abuse.

Ex. Quizzer A posts the thread for June. A uses 15 questions. A thus gets $7,500.

Basically, this is a max of $10,000, for 20 questions in 1 month. Because it's hard to manage it, and hard to come up with the questions.
Shadow pointed out to me that 10k a month, even for 20 questions, is a bit outrageous. Maybe $250 per question (making it 5k with the max), and the same for the correct answers?

I'm thinking that actually, it would be 20 questions, no matter what. Then, there would be 5 categories.

1 | 4 questions on Pokemon descriptions. (Like a Pokemon Silouette, but different.)

2 | 4 questions on the TCG.

3 | 4 questions on the games & its mechanics or whatever.

4 | 4 questions on the show.

5 | 4 random questions chosen by the quizzer.

20 questions total, but it'd only be $5,000 for the quizzer. They can choose what format they want (true/false, multiple choice, etc).

The thread would be stickied in the Marketplace, showing the rules & questions. The thread would stay open from the first of the month, to the 21st, and meanwhile, all 20 questions (and their answers) would be PMed to the quizzer.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:33 AM
Leman Offline

Send a message via AIM to Leman

I think, that there should only be ten questions, and maybe 200 for each right, for a total of 2,000 a quiz, if someone one gets everyone right. I also think it would be cool if each one was themed, because if you had a question about Ho-oh here, and one on Jigglypuff her, and another about Ash, and then another about Pokemon Colleseum, then it would be har to balence the quizzes out. I also beleive that it should be every two weeks, the first out starting on the first, and ending on the 14th, and the second starting on the 15th, and ending on the 29th (except in february it would end on the 28th). That way, we get more quizzes in shorter amount of time. I also think that the quizzer should get 2,500 for each quiz.

Done: 8680

I don't ref forum battles/1v1s. Don't PM me to ref, IM me instead.
I need to have basic battles.

I grade week old stories that are Hard rank or lower. :)

Last edited by Leman; 04-04-2007 at 01:35 AM.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:38 AM
Nikki the Mew Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leman View Post
I think, that there should only be ten questions, and maybe 200 for each right, for a total of 2,000 a quiz, if someone one gets everyone right. I also think it would be cool if each one was themed, because if you had a question about Ho-oh here, and one on Jigglypuff her, and another about Ash, and then another about Pokemon Colleseum, then it would be har to balence the quizzes out. I also beleive that it should be every two weeks, the first out starting on the first, and ending on the 14th, and the second starting on the 15th, and ending on the 29th (except in february it would end on the 28th). That way, we get more quizzes in shorter amount of time. I also think that the quizzer should get 2,500 for each quiz.
Leman, you basically just halved my ideas.

Each basic month does have about 4 weeks. $2.5k per quiz, for a quizzer, and 2 quizzes a month...it's still $5k, like I said. The only difference is that it'd be $200 per question (making it $4k in a month) instead of $250, for the rest of the people.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:45 AM
Ridley Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ridley

I would very much like to apply for this, I have good knowledge of the games, urpg stuff blah I think

not the anime or tcg though
Old 04-04-2007, 01:46 AM
Leman Offline

Quote:
Leman, you basically just halved my ideas.

Each basic month does have about 4 weeks. $2.5k per quiz, for a quizzer, and 2 quizzes a month...it's still $5k, like I said. The only difference is that it'd be $200 per question (making it $4k in a month) instead of $250, for the rest of the people.
Yes, I halved your ideas, somewhat, but I think it would be better this way. I didn't like having 250 dollars per question, because that makes money a little bit harder to calculate, and 200 is a lot easier. Comming up with 20 questions a month all at once might be hard to do. Having two quizzes lets the quizzer have a break between the 10 questions, so he/she can make the best possible quizzes. Having 20 questions at one time puts stress on the quizzer, and makes the quizzes less enjoyable. You never read the part about themes though.

Old 04-04-2007, 01:50 AM
Nikki the Mew Offline

Quote:
Yes, I halved your ideas, somewhat, but I think it would be better this way. I didn't like having 250 dollars per question, because that makes money a little bit harder to calculate, and 200 is a lot easier. Comming up with 20 questions a month all at once might be hard to do. Having two quizzes lets the quizzer have a break between the 10 questions, so he/she can make the best possible quizzes. Having 20 questions at one time puts stress on the quizzer, and makes the quizzes less enjoyable. You never read the part about themes though.
Coming up with 10 questions in about 24 hours. Yeah, that's not stressful. From the 22nd to the 1st, the quizzer would have chance to come up with 20 more questions. A week to come up with 20 vs. 24 hours for 10.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:52 AM
Leman Offline

Quote:
Coming up with 10 questions in about 24 hours. Yeah, that's not stressful. From the 22nd to the 1st, the quizzer would have chance to come up with 20 more questions. A week to come up with 20 vs. 24 hours for 10.
Or, the quizzer could make them up while the other quiz was going on! :O

Old 04-04-2007, 01:53 AM
Nikki the Mew Offline

Quote:
Or, the quizzer could make them up while the other quiz was going on! :O
With a PM system (which would have to be used), they wouldn't have the time. Without the answers being PMed to them, the answers would eventually become obvious in the thread.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:56 AM
Leman Offline

Quote:
With a PM system (which would have to be used), they wouldn't have the time. Without the answers being PMed to them, the answers would eventually become obvious in the thread.
They will be using PMs to send the answer to the quizzer. I'm pretty sure that they would have time.

Old 04-04-2007, 01:57 AM
Nikki the Mew Offline

Quote:
They will be using PMs to send the answer to the quizzer. I'm pretty sure that they would have time.
Not really. If you think about it, a lot of people would be attracted to a quiz. The quizzer would get like..5-25 PMs a day. Now, multiply that by 14 days. Nobody would have the sanity to come up with questions during the quizzing period.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:01 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

I haven't made any decisions yet, probably won't for a couple days, to see what you guys post here. Anyway, just thought I'd put up some of the responsibilites of being a quizzer. I'll put these in the first post too.

- You will create all the questions. That's the easy part.
- You post the quiz. It should be posted in an easy to read, and easy to understand format.
- Money will vary on difficulty of the question, and amount of overall questions.
- People will PM you the answers to the quiz, so you will need space in your PM box.
- You are responsible for handing out money for correct answers. Any discrepancies about the quiz will be handled by you.
- Keep track of who has taken the quiz and how much they 'won'.
- You need to be active as long as the quiz is running.

Anyway, I'm still thinking two people to run quizzes. Perhaps the first quiz can be a collaboration with everyone else, 1 question from each person to create 1 super quiz! Just an idea.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 04-04-2007, 11:56 AM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Send a message via AIM to FireflyK

This sounds interesting... I'd try my hand at one.
I'm liking the idea of Pokemon themes, too. Maybe a Pokemon could be chosen, and questons done around them. For example, anime and TCG questions, and then some on URPG if it is a rare Pokemon. (What 2 people own X on URPG?, etc.)

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.

I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:01 PM
umbreonandespeon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to umbreonandespeon Send a message via MSN to umbreonandespeon Send a message via Yahoo to umbreonandespeon

well,i know a lot about pokemon,movesets,cards,anime,urpg rules and stuff.
Rampardos pwns (16:33:31): i r older than you :P
Volcanflame (16:33:35): ooo wat a coincidence
Rampardos pwns (16:33:35): and samrter
Old 04-04-2007, 12:42 PM
Ridley Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ridley

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireflyK View Post
I'm liking the idea of Pokemon themes, too. Maybe a Pokemon could be chosen, and questons done around them. For example, anime and TCG questions, and then some on URPG if it is a rare Pokemon. (What 2 people own X on URPG?, etc.)
I know the answer to that already if its Sableye :p
Old 04-04-2007, 04:03 PM
Leman Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireflyK View Post
I was thinking, sometimes have it a theme of a Pokemon, and other times, we might have a game being a theme, or an anime character, or one of the movies, or a specific TCG set, or a type of Pokemon(like Electric, or Water), to vary it out a little.

Closed Thread