Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 04-20-2007, 02:46 PM
Shiny Loser Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Shiny Loser Send a message via Yahoo to Shiny Loser
Cool [Butch and Cassidy: A New Beginning] Preview

I'm writing a new fic, which will start right after I finish my Unown one. The story is about Butch and Cassidy, who have just been kicked out of Team Rocket. They both find their knack as a Pokemon trainer, and go on their Pokemon journey to become masters in the Double Trainer league, a new league for pairs of trainers.

Genres: ½ Trainer, ½ Comedy. Maybe not so much comedy, but certainly a lot of jokes.

The fic will be written in different POVs, with each chapter title clarifying which one.

Preview:

Quote:
Chapter 1: Butch Rydel
“We’re screwed,” I said to Cassidy flatly. “We’re totally screwed.”

“By whom or what?” joked Cassidy, though it sounded forced.

“Dammit, Cassidy, our careers are not a joke,” I said angrily to my partner. “Besides, that joke is flat off the hook. Cliché like trainer fics. Okay?”

“Okay, just trying to lighten you up,” said Cassidy, looking hurt.

“DON’T give me that innocent face,” I snapped. “Try fitting into the story.”

We were walking along the white coast of sunny Sootopolis city, which Cassidy recommended for a ‘holiday’.

(flashback)
“Oh, look at this,” said Cassidy. “Sootopolis city. Greek-like attraction. Plus hot gym leader. AND it looks like the people who live here are richer, and possibly have many rare pokemon. The Cave of Origin is here too – home to rare pokemon.”
“You really think this last attempt for Pokemon stealing would make a difference in our lives?”
(end of flashback)

While walking, we passed rustic Greek-like houses every now and then. Cassidy made a

right choice for a holiday spot, I thought. But those trivial choices didn’t matter now that

the big one was going to be made by Boss. The cool wind blowing in my face was telling

me that I should feel happy of all I got in this life, but somehow I just couldn’t find a way

to take its advice.

Tell me what you think!

Last edited by Shiny Loser; 04-22-2007 at 06:52 AM.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:51 PM
Psychic Oats Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to Psychic Oats
Default Re: [Butch and Cassidy: A New Beginning] Preview

I like it. It's well written, and the thing about changing POV's is, in my opinion, one of the most origional and creative things ever for a fic. I look forward to this, I can tell it's going to be great.