Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 04-05-2007, 08:36 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Executive Producer of Pokemon Speaks on Anime!

Executive Producer of Pokemon Speaks on Anime!
-04/05/07-

Masakazu Kubo, Executive Producer of the Pokemon TV Show and Movies.

The Chosun Ilbo, a Korean news outlet, has an article about the Tokyo International Anime Fair. One of the main focus of the article is on Masakazu Kubo, the executive producer of the Pokemon TV show and movies.

Quote:
Chosun Ilbo: Anime Fans Convene in Tokyo to See What's Hot
Hours before the doors opened on Japan's largest exhibition devoted to anime, Masakazu Kubo was prowling through the Tokyo convention center.

Kubo is the executive producer at Tokyo Anime Center, and the top producer for the long-running "Pokemon" animated television and movie series. "Pokemon", which features a group of mythical creatures led by a fellow named Pikachu, is a favorite program for children and their parents all over the world - it is shown in at least 70 countries.

Kubo stalked around the booths at the exhibition to learn where anime - Japanese-style animated film - is headed, so he can try to continue "Pokemon's" 10-year reign at the top of the anime business.

The good news for the industry, Kubo says, is that anime films are attracting more U.S. fans.

Kubo says about 60 percent of anime films are based on Japanese comic books, known as manga.

In Asia, fans of manga, which tend to have complicated story lines aimed at adults, are able to make the shift to complex anime plots. Westerners, however, are less familiar with manga, and they are more used to the simpler story lines of Western animated films, so, Kubo says, they are less receptive to anime.

Kubo says that when an artist creates an animation based on manga, at times the complicated story line tends to creep in. He says people often assume anime is solely for kids and do not bother to look at it. But graphic novels are becoming prominent in countries such as the United States, he says, so people are becoming more receptive to complicated anime titles.
To read the entire article, go here: Anime Fans Convene in Tokyo to See What's Hot

-----

*For news complete with pictures, go to the website: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com
Old 04-06-2007, 10:19 PM
Tooth the Totodile Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to Tooth the Totodile
Default Re: Executive Producer of Pokemon Speaks on Anime!

Wow,I knew Pokemon was VERY popular but dang,70 countries?I like reading MAR(Marchen Awakens Romance.Pronounced Mair) Manga books but I never really did read the Pokemon Manga books.Maybe,I should,is the Pokemon Manga books based on the show or what?

~~~~~

Old 04-07-2007, 12:37 AM
theEND Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to theEND Send a message via MSN to theEND

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooth the Totodile View Post
Wow,I knew Pokemon was VERY popular but dang,70 countries?I like reading MAR(Marchen Awakens Romance.Pronounced Mair) Manga books but I never really did read the Pokemon Manga books.Maybe,I should,is the Pokemon Manga books based on the show or what?
It's based on its own kind of storyline and plot. You have the main characters named after the versions of every Pokemon game for portable consoles (GB, GBC, GBA, DS, etc.), such as Red, Blue, Green, Silver, and so on. Some other characters of the manga appear in the anime and games. It's basically another story on its own.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:22 AM
Pika-pika Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooth the Totodile View Post
Nope. The manga is different, in Pocket Monsters Special/Pokemon Adventures, the only thing that is really similar is that the main characters Pikachu is usually outside it's ball. The anime is based on the game.