Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 10-07-2004, 11:04 PM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Matthew Send a message via Yahoo to Matthew
Default Re: Annoying elements...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidus24
I think in the anime, the concept of levels or exp pts, like the games, doesn't exist. Maybe, is all about trainning. I think they know, that Ash can beat all gym leaders easily, but that takes all the fun of the anime. And in each region, he changes all of his pokemon, except Pikachu, so he as to train the newbies to become powerfull, if not, he only could use Pikachu, because all of his team is at low level. I seriously don't understand, why all of his team doesn't reach the last stage, if his so good trainer, I can't understand why.
Yeah... that is another lil bugger... why don't the mon evolve more often!? XD... lol.
Old 10-08-2004, 06:16 PM
Missingno mystery Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew
Yeah... that is another lil bugger... why don't the mon evolve more often!? XD... lol.
I think thats cause all the little kids fall in love with the 1 stage (baby) Pokemon so if one evolved that kid who loved that Pokemon might stop watching and that would mean bad TV ratings. I think most of all, Ash's releasing of 1 Pokemon every like 20 episodes kill the series most for me! For any one who saw "Pikachu's winter vacation" would know how funny Squirtle and Bulbasaur were together. And Charizard was jest plain cool.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:48 PM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Matthew Send a message via Yahoo to Matthew

I think I saw that episode :P I usually fall in love with the middle stagers... heh.
Old 10-09-2004, 06:24 AM
ElimN8 Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ElimN8 Send a message via MSN to ElimN8 Send a message via Yahoo to ElimN8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidus24
I think in the anime, the concept of levels or exp pts, like the games, doesn't exist.
Actually, I believe levels were mentioned once in one of the earlier episodes. I forget specifically when/if they said it, but I think it was in Season One, where Ash & Co. meet up with this guy who doesn't want to bother battling them since his simulations told him he'd win anyways...

As you can tell, it was a while ago, so forgive the vague description, but if anyone knows which episode I'm talking about, or could point me in the direction of some synopses, that'd be great.
Old 10-09-2004, 03:19 PM
VenusaurTrainer Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to VenusaurTrainer Send a message via MSN to VenusaurTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to VenusaurTrainer

I hate how Ash got rid of almost all of his good Pokemon.
Old 10-14-2004, 03:51 PM
DragonShane Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to DragonShane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElimN8
Actually, I believe levels were mentioned once in one of the earlier episodes. I forget specifically when/if they said it, but I think it was in Season One, where Ash & Co. meet up with this guy who doesn't want to bother battling them since his simulations told him he'd win anyways...

As you can tell, it was a while ago, so forgive the vague description, but if anyone knows which episode I'm talking about, or could point me in the direction of some synopses, that'd be great.
Ah, that was the episode with Giselle (sp?) and the rest of the preppy schoolkids.
I remember her mentioning the concept of levels (she makes a guess that Pikachu is lv. 25 at that point in the series)...which really was kinda stupid, to just have that thrown out anyway :P

And also, it is pretty aggravating to see Ash's pokemon suddenly weaker when he gets to a new area.
Take the current series for example...Did anyone else want to yell at the screen when that Taillow just shrugged off Pikachu's attack? I mean, come on, a normal animal would be DEAD from that amount of voltage, especially considering how powerful Ash's pikachu (supposedly) is.
Old 10-18-2004, 12:46 AM
DancinPurpleNinetales Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to DancinPurpleNinetales Send a message via Yahoo to DancinPurpleNinetales

oh god where do i start!? umm the eyes bug me 2. any corney element that reminds me of cartoon network. it bugs me that tr is not past that whole stealing pokemon stage, the should have been long ago. i hate how they keep changing the storys of theirs pasts. i hate that theirs no more arbock and weezing and that people can get tossed around and burnt up and r still ok. pleh lots of things! and it needs to get more serious.

*~* Oh Yeh You Know You Love It *~*
Old 10-29-2004, 12:00 AM
Ash & Kyogre Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Ash & Kyogre Send a message via Yahoo to Ash & Kyogre

I hate it how every episode has the same basic plot.