Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 03-10-2004, 08:05 PM
Ferret's Avatar
Ferret Offline
Amateur Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Notts. Uk
Posts: 72
Send a message via AIM to Ferret Send a message via MSN to Ferret Send a message via Yahoo to Ferret
Default Re: If God created everything...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven
BTW, how would it affect your life when intelligent alien life was found?
I'm curious ^^;.
It would prove me correct. :surprised
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-11-2004, 01:49 AM
Crimson Spider's Avatar
Crimson Spider Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vegas Baby Yeah!
Posts: 132
Default Re: If God created everything...

There are certain times that I come to these boards only to find myself angry. Not at the un-informed posts of others, but the in-ability to counter them from the opposing members. Here is an example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferret
Exactly.

There is definatly other life in the universe,very definatly, if the universe is infinate then there is a 1 in 1 chance of other life.
The universe isn't infinite. This is mistake number 1: The universe is expanding, yes. Infinant? Nope.

Quote:
For the Bible to specifically say man is his greatest creation, mwuh, that's stupid. Tomorrow, we could all be wiped out, and we would have no power over it. Where would God be with his brilliant creation then? Thank you almightly lord.
How un-informed is this specific indevidual? #1: Man was his greatest creation because it has the ability to interpret, reason, understand. Man alone didn't conjure the notion of eliminating an indevidual that they don't like. If you knew about the origins stated in the Bible, you would know how baseless this statement is.

Quote:
The Bible and God and Christianity was created and devised by humans, it's a fact.
Have you ever been to a high-school history class? You should have, seeing as you are a few months older than me.
Ladies and gentlemen, a man who was claimed to have reached enlightenment walked the earth before Christ under the changed name of Bhudda. There are multiple non-religious accounts of this indevidual. Then, at the set time of 2004 years ago (each time they try to date the birthday of Jesus, they always come up with a different number each time, slightly off of 2000), who walked around Rome, did a bunch of miracles, sparked Christianity, and was cruicified. There are 22 non-religious written records of Jesus's existance, and all of his miracles. Then at about 500 AD, a man said to have been instructed by the Ark-Angel set out and started up Islamic religion. This man's name was Mohummed (forgive my spelling). There are non-religious written accounts of this man, and what he did.

What you claim as fact is actually mere aetheistic propoganda. Are you going to claim the Jesus slept with Marry next?
Quote:
Everything in that little book is a figment of your imagination.
Covered this above.

Quote:
I personally can't wait till I die. Purgatory? *laffs* We'll see.
And what is your alternative? Evolution? Heh heh heh ha ha ha! That theory was made on shaky grounds and assumptions by a mere guess. This theory that has not been proven, and even it's own maker found it to be completely inaccurate.

There is only 1 reason why man excepted it so easily (which astouned Darwin himself, as he said it was amazing how people excepted a lie.) Take a good guess.

Answer: The United States was horney.

Moving on from my little rant:

Quote:
But why do neutron-stars exist? Or black holes? Or planets 4 times the size of Jupiter?
Who enjoys those kind of things? Humans don't
I do. I enjoy these things. Many people do. Such as Astronomers. That's why they get the job. The Universe makes a pretty picture, don't it?

Notice something: other planets are not nearly as diverse (excluding life) as Earth is. Why do you think that? Do you know what's under the clouds of Jupiter? Not much.


Next statement on why God created man: I'm sure he enjoyed it, but there was a little dispute up there. God created man, and claimed that the devil wouldn't be able to tempt him into eating the forbidden fruit (not an apple). So we were kinda made off of a bet.

Quote:
Well done, you have just completly disproved your own God theory.
See how contradictory Christianty is?

"Oh there can't have been a big bang because nothing caused it."
"So how did God get there?"
"Errr..."
Do you know what the EXACT big-bang theory is? Blatenly: No one does. There are multiple disputes on how it could occure. This new one of "something from nothing" (which in itself is an actual defiance since the universe is composed of what is labeled as "dark matter'). Some people say that it came from one atom. Some people claim it came from only 5. Some claim it came from one of each of the indevidual natural-occuring elements out there. Some claim it came from a moon-sized existance that had all the matter in the known universe compressed. Some say it came from one Giant Atom about the size of a planet. They change their theory daily. BUT if a third party source were involved... it's as possible as all get-out. I mean, we see miracles, unexplained occurances that have valuable claim that spirits were their cause. Not just written in the Bible, but every-day experiences. So what is to say that we are not mere beings in a videogame like existance of which a third party can easily manipulate us? What is everything in a videogame constructed of? 0's and 1's. What is everything in our universe made of? Atoms and particles.


The Bible itself has been changed to suit the wants of multiple people. Such as how John Calvin added in pre-destination during the time that Luther posted up the 95 thesis against the Roman-Catholic church. And how purgatory was added into the catholic church's personal Bible to give power to the priests. Also writings such as the Book of Mormon, or the book made by Jehova's witnesses. Take the book of Mormon, which was said to be just an add-on while it contradicts everything in the Bible, such as the claim that Jesus was the Reincarnation of the Ark Angel while Jesus actually had spoke with the Ark Angel, so that couldn't possibly true.

Getting your hands on a non-altered copy is extreamly difficult if not impossible.

You know what would be funny? If when we found aliens, they came to Earth and said "So this is the planet Jesus died on!" But I doubt that Aliens could ever exist, because the evolutionary start of the cell, and eukaryotic cells was proven to be impossible by guys who were trying to prove it was.

There's plenty of scientific evidence to back-up religion. Give the word, and I'll post some up.
__________________

Sup, Dog? Check this out.
http://www.liliy.net/mdak/guestart.html
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-11-2004, 02:53 AM
§avage])'s Avatar
§avage]) Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 509
Send a message via AIM to §avage]) Send a message via MSN to §avage]) Send a message via Yahoo to §avage])
Default Re: If God created everything...

LOL!!! I love this guy Good points

I honastly never knew that part of the big bang theory had to do with dark matter.

and no offence but Muslim religion has some jokes to, cause Mohamed basically copied the first half of the bible, and then the rest just screwed up... like some stuff makes no absolute reason at all. and he considered Jesus a prophit... whats dum is why would he consider Jesus a prophit if he claimed to be the son of God... To mahamed that would be a lie.

and that alien part reminds me of the Simpsons, when the aliens say something about they're all powerfull leader, GOD... and then they do the sign of the cross lol
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-11-2004, 03:26 AM
Crimson Spider's Avatar
Crimson Spider Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vegas Baby Yeah!
Posts: 132
Default Re: If God created everything...

Lets try to not discourage other religions not in discussion. Not only does it lable us as hypocrites, but we do not have the right to dictate what a person believes and doesn't believe. The only time we would have the right to do so is if they were to attack us.
__________________

Sup, Dog? Check this out.
http://www.liliy.net/mdak/guestart.html
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-11-2004, 03:26 AM
Raine's Avatar
Raine Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,035
Send a message via AIM to Raine Send a message via Yahoo to Raine
Default Re: If God created everything...

Preech on CS! I'm with ya on everything ya say... Nobody in Other Disscussion has ever been more right or had better points.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-11-2004, 04:07 AM
Evanna's Avatar
Evanna Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: The Rolling Hills with Grass-lands
Posts: 269
Default Re: If God created everything...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Spider
Lets try to not discourage other religions not in discussion. Not only does it lable us as hypocrites, but we do not have the right to dictate what a person believes and doesn't believe. The only time we would have the right to do so is if they were to attack us.
Yeah we shouldn't do that... But I think Savage is right on that one.


Human kinda came here from itself... The little seacreatures weren't humans yet, weren't they?
Can you imagine this world didn't exist once? I think the universe was here all along, and that god made the Big Bang happen. The rest is proven scientifically.
Maybe it wasn't god itself, maybe it was boeddha or something (Don't blame me... Boeddha is way older than the christian religian), but it must have been something!
__________________
Manganimenia~: My Homepage


Why do we Fall? To learn to Pick ourselves up again.

Last edited by Evanna; 03-21-2004 at 06:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-12-2004, 01:07 AM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: i did it 4 teh lulz
Posts: 6,541
Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco
Default Re: If God created everything...

Ferret you think there is no god.



You a simple human think you have the power to control a unknown force!

Dude have you ever thought of all these questions?


If there was a big bang how could destruction bring upon something beatiful?
If god did exist would he wipe out us in one day?
If it says in the bible that the bible was carved into special stone rocks all over the planet would you try to find proof.

So right now you can't say a thing until you are dead. Then you can determin if god is real.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-12-2004, 01:11 AM
plasmaball3000's Avatar
plasmaball3000 Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 402
Send a message via ICQ to plasmaball3000 Send a message via AIM to plasmaball3000 Send a message via MSN to plasmaball3000 Send a message via Yahoo to plasmaball3000
Default Re: If God created everything...

Well, no one really has concrete proof of anything, but that's what faith is all about: believing in something, even if others don't share your beliefs.
__________________

Level 100 at 632

Last edited by plasmaball3000; 03-12-2004 at 01:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-12-2004, 02:13 PM
Seven's Avatar
Seven Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 929
Default Re: If God created everything...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Spider


I do. I enjoy these things. Many people do. Such as Astronomers. That's why they get the job. The Universe makes a pretty picture, don't it?

Notice something: other planets are not nearly as diverse (excluding life) as Earth is. Why do you think that? Do you know what's under the clouds of Jupiter? Not much.

(...)

There's plenty of scientific evidence to back-up religion. Give the word, and I'll post some up.
That's not entirely true. That we haven't found Earth-like planets, doesn't mean they don't exist. Rockplanets like Earth, that contain fluid water are probably the size of Earth too. With current techniques we can't see them, because their gravity doesn't affect the gravity enough to make it visible too is. NASA will launc a new type of telescope in 2006 or 2007 that will be able to see these kind of planets - provided they exist.
oh, and you're right, the unvierse is a beautiful thing, I've been fascinated by it ever since I was 4 ^^;.

I'd like too see some scientific evidence to back religion up ^^. I'm really curious ^^;.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-15-2004, 01:33 AM
Shining Arcanine Offline
New Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 9
Default Re: If God created everything...

I didn't bother to research this but from what I understand in the universe there are several constants that are always the same. Scientists have calculated that if any one of those constants were off even the slightest, the universe would have never existed.

This reminds me of a story. One day, an old woman sat under a tree and looked at the apples on the tree's big branches and pumpkins on the short stems. She thought to herself "God really did things backwards, the apples should be on the short stems and the pumpkins should be on the big branches." Then she went to sleep and when she woke up, something fell and hit her on the head. It was an apple. She then thought "maybe God was right after all."
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-15-2004, 07:54 AM
Crimson Spider's Avatar
Crimson Spider Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vegas Baby Yeah!
Posts: 132
Default Re: If God created everything...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven
That's not entirely true. That we haven't found Earth-like planets, doesn't mean they don't exist. Rockplanets like Earth, that contain fluid water are probably the size of Earth too. With current techniques we can't see them, because their gravity doesn't affect the gravity enough to make it visible too is. NASA will launc a new type of telescope in 2006 or 2007 that will be able to see these kind of planets - provided they exist.
oh, and you're right, the unvierse is a beautiful thing, I've been fascinated by it ever since I was 4 ^^;.
The Earth is WAY more complicated than that.

We have ourselves a great variance in temperature from the polar Ice-caps to the equater. This temperature remains in constant balance within one-another to create a constantly changing ecosystem with rain, hurricanes, storms, snow and Ice.

The planet would first have to have a certain amount of water so it doesn't get dried up, or completely cover the planet in a cloud. The planet would also have to be at a higher-than-mathematically percise calculation of the angle of it's rotation around it's respective star to have itself the ability to have the correct temperatures. Along with this, the atmosphere would have to be specially constructed to block out UV radiation from the sun, as distance does not.

Quote:

I'd like too see some scientific evidence to back religion up ^^. I'm really curious ^^;.
http://www.yfiles.com/

Which includes this statement:

Quote:
*In the early expansion of the universe there has to be a close balance between the expansive energy (driving things apart) and the force of gravity (pulling things together). If expansion dominated then matter would fly apart too rapidly for condensation into galaxies and stars to take place. Nothing interesting could happen in so thinly spread a world. On the other hand, if gravity dominated, the world would collapse in on itself again before there was time for the processes of life to get going. For us to be possible requires a balance between the effects of expansion and contraction which at a very early epoch in the universe's history (the Planck time) has to differ from equality by not more than 1 in 10 to the 60th power. The numerate will marvel at such a degree of accuracy. For the non-numerate I will borrow an illustration from Paul Davis of what that accuracy means. He points out that it is the same as aiming at a target an inch wide on the other side of the observable universe, twenty thousand million light years away and hitting the mark!
__________________

Sup, Dog? Check this out.
http://www.liliy.net/mdak/guestart.html
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-20-2004, 07:16 PM
Blazyken's Avatar
Blazyken Offline
New Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 11
Default Re: If God created everything...

As for all of those extra planets and stars and black holes and such, we don't even fully(meaning 100%)know for sure that those things exist. With that said, the Bible teaches that everything happens for a reason, and I'm sure that if those things are in existence then they are there for a reason. If God created all of those things, isn't that impressive? Did Budda make a Mars or a Sun? Did Allah make a moon or a Comet? Did they evolve from animals? No, it's just rediculous. God made those things for us to enjoy. (EX: A midnight walk under the stars and moon, it would be pretty dark without them, right?) As for aliens and ET's, God created us, and only us, in his image so that we could enjoy the company of each other. As for evil, it came into the world through a fallen angel named Satan, 'nough said. And to "seven", God is more improtant than church, I know it can be hard because, lets face it, there are people there. But when you believe in Christ, God's Son, you will want to be in the church with other believers. And Christ also gives the ultimate gift, Heaven. If you believe in Christ, you will go to heaven when you leave this Earth. Who wouldn't want that? It is a challenging life, but Heaven will surely pay it off! And to find more information, check out the Bible or talk to a local Christian church's Pastor.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-20-2004, 09:53 PM
|}{|Seph|}{|'s Avatar
|}{|Seph|}{| Offline
New Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 33
Default Re: If God created everything...

Quote:
Originally Posted by masaki
I think we evoled from apes. But in a different way like. God created the big bang. 2 apes fell from the sky... sooo I agree with you if I understood zam.
We didnt evolve from apes genetics doesnt work like that we all share traits from tons of other species our DNA is just incredibly closley related with apes and chimps like 99.999999999999%. i am not bashing because you are entitled to your opinion to wut happened.

i aggree wit wut crim said it is incredibly complicated. i say it all depends on preference, i think what most scientist say about the galaxies expanding which is causing the vastness of the universe, and as for cetian events like blackholes and stars its all just a cycle, of a star getting superbig going supernova and the pressure and heat from the remaints creating a new star, blackhole massive star collapsing on itself, and all that crap.

so i guess i am on the scientific side for the vastness of the universe, but then agian i am a beliver in god so i guess i am a hypocrite (sp)

but it all is preference to me.
__________________


Death is the Ultimate Fairness
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-21-2004, 09:32 AM
Seven's Avatar
Seven Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 929
Default Re: If God created everything...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Spider
The Earth is WAY more complicated than that.

We have ourselves a great variance in temperature from the polar Ice-caps to the equater. This temperature remains in constant balance within one-another to create a constantly changing ecosystem with rain, hurricanes, storms, snow and Ice.

The planet would first have to have a certain amount of water so it doesn't get dried up, or completely cover the planet in a cloud. The planet would also have to be at a higher-than-mathematically percise calculation of the angle of it's rotation around it's respective star to have itself the ability to have the correct temperatures. Along with this, the atmosphere would have to be specially constructed to block out UV radiation from the sun, as distance does not.
I'm not saying Earth-like planets are a common thing, but do you know how many planets there are? And they don't have to be an exact copy of Earth, just for the greater part.
Earth wasn't meant for life either (IMO), but there still is.

And earthlike planets doesn't necessarily mean life-supporting planets. Mercurius, Venus, and Mars also fit in the description of earthlike planets.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-29-2004, 11:11 PM
Raine's Avatar
Raine Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,035
Send a message via AIM to Raine Send a message via Yahoo to Raine
Default Re: If God created everything...

This post is at Ferret...

If there wansn't a God, how did we get here? If there wasn't a God, how does anything exist? If there wasn't a God, then how did time begin?

I think you say God isn't there just because you can not comprehend that. God was always there. You may say something like "Well who created God?" but nobody did. He was always there and it is hard to understand but it is true. Something HAD to have always been there. You will NEVER know the answer to how he was always there simply because our tiny human minds could never understand something so complex. Try to answer it yourself. You would be there all day trying to figure out. I tried it once before and it took a while and I said "scrap this, it's never ending".

God is there and that's how we are here.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com