Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 04-17-2007, 10:12 PM
LordZangoose Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to LordZangoose Send a message via MSN to LordZangoose
Default RP Advertisement Thread

Introduction to the Roleplay Advertisment Thread

Well, I believe that this thread may be needed soon or later, because with the amount of roleplays increasing rapidly lately, many are being lost in the floods. To help decrease the effect of the RP Floods, you can now advertise your RPs here. Whether it be Other: Role Play or the regular RPing section, sign-up threads included, you may advertise your roleplays here. You may post a link to your RP, as well as a small introduction to it, in the form of a sheet I will provide below. Many people may give criticism on your roleplays and try to help you. Some, like myself, may give harsh criticism, while others may give a gentler approach. However, this balance is important, and it will help to take both kinds of criticism on your RPs. However, that's what the guides are for.

Showcasing Your Roleplay (The Sign-Up Form)

Title: (What title have you given your Roleplay?)

Genre: (Sci-fi, Fantasy, Pokémon, etc...)

Target Audience: (Highly Literate, Literate, Semi-Literate, Freedom of Length, Anyone)

Fandom: (Pokémon, Bleach, Death Note, Halo, etc...) (If it's an Original RP, then label it original)

Introduction: (The main part of the form, where you give an introduction to your RP. Make sure it's of appropriate length for what you think will attract your Target Audience.)

Link: (The last thing you need on your form is a link to the RP)

Breaking Down the Sections

Title: I believe we all know what a title is, so this is self-explanatory

Genre: What type of Roleplay is it? Book, movie, and video game genres may help you to find out where your RP fits. You may put multiple categories.

Target Audience: Who do you want to come to your RP? Are you trying to create a relaxed environment where you can post whatever length you want, or is it an advanced RP where long posts are encouraged and limits on length are set.

Fandom: What fandom is this from? Fandoms are the TV show, movie, book, or video game where you got them from? Original RPs are not of any other fandom, but are made up completely by the owner.

Introduction: This is also fairly self-explanatory, and the sign-up form section should have answered all basic questions you have about this.

Link: Self-explanatory.

Rules and Regulations

There are some rules for this thread, and if they are not followed, your RP advertisement will be deleted and you will no longer be allowed to advertise.

1. Flaming an RP is not allowed, however, constructive criticism is encouraged and you, as an owner, should listen to it.

2. You may not post an advertisement without the use of the form provided.

3. If you spam here, your posts will be deleted by a moderator and you will most likely be booed out of the thread.

4. This is meant to help the growth of the RP section in a good way, and trying to bring it down will not be tolerated.

5. Other than that, you should have a good time with all levels of roleplayers here.

Last edited by LordZangoose; 04-17-2007 at 10:48 PM.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:45 PM
Xtra Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Xtra Send a message via MSN to Xtra Send a message via Yahoo to Xtra Send a message via Skype™ to Xtra
Default Re: RP Advertisement Thread

Thanx LZ. Your my hero!*sparkly eyed*

Title: Pokemon Denko Explorers

Genre: Pokemon and Adventure

Target Audience: Freedom of Legnth, as long as we can co-operate and not fight

Fandom: Original. Denko was my creation

Introduction: In a far of land is the region of Denko, a peaceful island region, and sister to Calda. Denko is home to over 10 miraculous cities and home to a whole pokedex of creatures. There are also pokemon expeditioners who search the lands looking for treasures and hopeful gold. There are the adventurers, who are always looking for rare places and monuments. And finally the Explorers, the trainer group this story focuses on. Explorers are cheerful, taking a partner pokemon. The look for rare pokemon, and use there partners to help them. Explorers are always looking for something cool, and they love there choices of job. Many explorers have found legendary pokemon, and protected them from evil. Denko Explorers is like that. The involve your explorer, finding rare pokemon, and getting the 8 Denko badges. Will they succeed? Who knows!?

I hope that was a good enough explantation^^
Old 04-17-2007, 10:48 PM
LordZangoose Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtra View Post
Thanx LZ. Your my hero!*sparkly eyed*

Title: Pokemon Denko Explorers

Genre: Pokemon and Adventure

Target Audience: Freedom of Legnth, as long as we can co-operate and not fight

Fandom: Original. Denko was my creation

Introduction: In a far of land is the region of Denko, a peaceful island region, and sister to Calda. Denko is home to over 10 miraculous cities and home to a whole pokedex of creatures. There are also pokemon expeditioners who search the lands looking for treasures and hopeful gold. There are the adventurers, who are always looking for rare places and monuments. And finally the Explorers, the trainer group this story focuses on. Explorers are cheerful, taking a partner pokemon. The look for rare pokemon, and use there partners to help them. Explorers are always looking for something cool, and they love there choices of job. Many explorers have found legendary pokemon, and protected them from evil. Denko Explorers is like that. The involve your explorer, finding rare pokemon, and getting the 8 Denko badges. Will they succeed? Who knows!?

I hope that was a good enough explantation^^
Actually, the Fandom would be Pokémon, because, despite the fact you made up Denko, it involves Pokémon. Links may also help, but I realized I forgot to include that, so it's not your fault. You are the first official user of the Advertisement Thread.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:49 PM
Xtra Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Xtra Send a message via MSN to Xtra Send a message via Yahoo to Xtra Send a message via Skype™ to Xtra

I'll edit it with links, Sorry
Old 04-17-2007, 10:53 PM
Hoshika Offline

Title: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: The Path of Destiny

Genre: Pokémon, Adventure, Fantasy

Target Audience: Anybody (Experienced RPers) LIMITED SPACE

Fandom: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon

Introduction: When a shooting star falls in the nighttime sky, nobody can see it. The few that could see it disappeared. When they awoke, they found themselves in a strange place they have never seen. Those people soon found out that they had been turned into Pokémon and saught a way to become a human again.

Looking for the three Gems of Legend, some of them looked for a way to bring them all back to the human world. Others wanted the Gems for themselves. Native Pokémon there wanted them gone due to the rumors of them causing the natural disasters that wrecked the region of Mystrii. But somehow, some way, they would eventually find peace...
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Last edited by Hoshika; 04-18-2007 at 12:23 AM.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:16 AM
Hakken Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Hakken Send a message via MSN to Hakken Send a message via Yahoo to Hakken

Title: The Solar Messengers

Genre: Fantasty

Target Audience: Semi-literate+

Fandom: Original

Introduction: First of all, there existed eight infants. They each had a special metal pendant at birth, and weird marks on their backs. They couldn’t remove the pendants by themselves, and didn’t know where the pendants came from. They didn’t know where they came from, either. They were alone, completely without any trace of a family.

Eventually, their destiny was to find each other. The Pendants seemed to own part of their souls- they guided them to each other. Soon they would wonder who they were, why they existed, where did they come from?

During their sleep, they discovered the existence of a “Chosen one” who would protect the existence of their world. As they set out to find that person, they began to uncover the true powers of the pendants and learn to control the mysterious “Solar form”.
They took on the role of messengers and became known as the solar children.

Link: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...68#post1043368
Old 04-18-2007, 12:21 AM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon

I shalt be cool and advertise here.

Title:Last of the Myths

Genre: Medieval Fantasy, Adventure

Target Audiance: Experianced Roleplayers

Fandom: Original

Introduction: Long ago, in the nation of Sairle, mythical beasts were common sights. Now, though, due to over-hunting by knights and wizards, they are all but gone. The only ones that remain are familiars to mages, their souls trapped within the confines of an amulet. One such amulet, containing a powerful beast, has fallen into the hands of an aspiring dark mage. By using its power, he has amassed himself an army of monsters as well as humans to take control of Sairle.

As a character, you will play as someone who accidentally happens upon one of a set of eight other amulets. By befriending the creature within, you must use its powers to stop the evil wizard and bring peace back to the land. Can you do it?

Please keep in mind, those who wish to join, that only eight (well, seven, since LZ gets one) spots are open. The quicker you are, the more likely you'll get the amulet you want!

Old 04-18-2007, 12:40 AM
LordZangoose Offline
Banned

All of you have been added to the list. I didn't think it would grow this fast, this soon. However, it may be tough to keep managed alone, so I might need a mod to edit the list every once in a while.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:04 AM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon

You spelled 'medieval' wrong. It's supposed to be like that. *pokes prior spelling*

Old 04-18-2007, 01:05 AM
LordZangoose Offline
Banned

It has been fixed young padawan.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:51 AM
Crossfire Chaos Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via ICQ to Crossfire Chaos Send a message via AIM to Crossfire Chaos Send a message via MSN to Crossfire Chaos Send a message via Yahoo to Crossfire Chaos

Just in here to state this is a good idea. There is only one problem. Your advertisements post is painful to read. Do this please. (note: color's might suck but I think the format is much better and easy to read.)

Pokémon: Denko Explorers - By Thunda
- Pokémon/Adventure
- Freedom of Length
- Original Pokémon Region

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: The Path of Destiny- By Hoshika
- Pokémon/Adventure/Fantasy
- Experienced RPers
- Pokémon Mystery Dungeon
- LIMITED SPACE!

Other: Last of the Myths- By Draconic_Espeon
- Medieval/Fantasy/Adventure
- Experienced Roleplayers
- Original
- only 7 spots!

Other: The Solar Messengers- By Hakken
- Fantasy/Adventure
- Semi-Literate and up
- Original

Last edited by Crossfire Chaos; 04-18-2007 at 02:55 AM.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:16 PM
LordZangoose Offline
Banned

I see your point, but that takes a ton of space on the page, whereas mine is more like a list. Having four lines for every RP is unreasonable. If the list gets larger, I may put things into sections, but until then, I see no reason to change it.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:40 PM
Lusitania Offline

Title: Gan of the Many Eyes

Genre: Naruto

Target Audience: Semi Literate+

Fandom: Naruto

Introduction:Thousands of years ago, a demon with seven eyes terrorized the earth. One, day the vilagers sent a team of twelve elite Special Jonin who went in to slay the beast:Gan Four weeks later, only one person came out alive: Orochimaru. Now, thousands of years later, Gan mysteriously returned, without even a scrap of evidence of how he returned. But a clue has been left. Orochimaru fled from the village, and the last place he was seen was the Cave of the Allseeing Eye(the so-called resting place of Gan) But this time he went to the sacred clans of Verto, Uchiha, Hyuga, Sortan, Boytan, and Satray. Keeping his own eye, the Normagan, he stole the blood line traits of the clans. Meaning he stole their Special Ninja eyes, the Verto's Vertigan, Uchiha's Sharingan, Hyuga's Byakugan, Sortan's Cirgan, Boytan's Balackagan, and Satray's Satroygan, while keeping his Gan's Normagan, his original eye. Using his Normagan, he possesed one of the of each of the respectitive clan's leader. Then, he used his Normagan to take the blood line traits. Using the eyes, he enslaved the earth. But an alliance has been planning to take out Gan. The first thing they are doing is going to capture Orochimaru. Then send all seven clans to the Cave of the Allseeing Eye, and defeat Gan.

Link:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...068post1045068
Old 04-18-2007, 10:40 PM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordZangoose View Post
I see your point, but that takes a ton of space on the page, whereas mine is more like a list. Having four lines for every RP is unreasonable. If the list gets larger, I may put things into sections, but until then, I see no reason to change it.
That may be a little long, but it is hard to read as is. Why not try this?

~Pokémon: Denko Explorers - Thunda- Pokémon/Adventure- Freedom of Length- Original Pokémon Region
~Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: The Path of Destiny- Hoshika- Pokémon/Adventure/Fantasy- Experienced RPers- Pokémon Mystery Dungeon- LIMITED SPACE!
~Last of the Myths- Draconic_Espeon- Medieval/Fantasy/Adventure- Experienced Roleplayers- Original- only 7 spots!
~The Solar Messengers- Hakken- Fantasy/Adventure- Semi-Literate and up- Original
~Gan of the Many Eyes- Cipher Lord- Naruto/Action/Adventure/Fantasy- Semi-Literate and up- Naruto

That way, at least, it's easier to see where one roleplay begins and another ends.