Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 06-26-2011, 02:00 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron
Default Re: Team StormRiders [PG-13] [Part Two; Chapter 34: Captured]

...Somehow I think those bands are going to come in handy...Because I think Zanna will get that Shadow Poison or whatever and have to fight becoming a Dark Pokemon like Altair had. But, controlling both darkness and light...She'd be a force to be reckoned with.

Eon! Still a Larvitar, I see? I wonder how Rye will react when he finds out she's still alive...Apologies won't help, I don't think.

Good chapter - can't wait for more <3
Old 09-12-2011, 12:07 PM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

---------

Chapter 35;
the enigmatic princess; eon returns!

---------

The Houndoom awoke in a daze, barely able to lift her head more than a few inches from the ground. It was cold and dark; not a single sound could be heard. It was much too quiet. What happened…? She strained to remember, but every memory after she saw that Dark Pokemon was a blur. Her body felt heavy and groggy, as if she’d been out for days. Finding reserves of inner strength, she sat on her hunches, waiting for her vision to regain focus.

She could not remember how she got here. What had happened? She was racing to tell Tali and Zanna of the Dark Pokemon and then… Tali and Zanna! The Houndoom drew a quick breath and then gasped in pain. Her side was aching fiercely, and a dark bruise was beginning to form. She was attacked. That was right; that Dark Pokemon attacked her. But what had happened to the others? Were they all right?

Lani took a hesitant step forward before her paws buckled and she fell to the ground once more, letting out a cry as a sharp pain jabbed at her side. It seemed she wouldn’t be going anywhere in a hurry. Unable to move, the Houndoom merely surveyed her surroundings. Perhaps there would be a clue around here as to what happened. A dark red streak across the floor caught her immediate attention, and she lowered her muzzle to sniff at it. Blood. But this blood contained a scent she did not recognise. It was not Zanna or Tali’s, though the Buizel’s scent was mixed within it. Perhaps they were safe after all, if they had gotten away.

However, the unknown scent of the blood gave rise to more questions. What happened to that Dark Pokemon? Had she been taken from the room? It wasn’t far from here, and this hallway seemed to be connected to the medical wing; she remembered it from earlier. It was silent now, so the commotion from before had to have been settled. She needed to get out of here at once to treat her injuries, but there was no one around to help her. It seemed like she’d just have to do it herself.

The Houndoom struggled to move, but since she could not stand, she had to resort to crawling on the ground like an underling. She hated to feel so useless, especially when all this time the others could be injured. No, she couldn’t think like that. She needed to keep a positive attitude about her. The others seemed so dismal these days, it was all she could do to try and smile. But the truth was that even she was beginning to crack under the pressure. However she had been tasked with this seemingly impossible job, it was now her duty to protect Zanna and make sure she would grow strong enough to defeat Deoxys. The world had longed for calm for an age and it was high time they got one.

Brisk footsteps interrupted the Houndoom’s stumbling, and her meditations. As she squinted through the dim light, her eyes caught the dusky outline of a figure not too far ahead. It walked towards her a ways, before halting. Lani could not make out who it was, although she hoped it was friendly. She really needed some help right about now.

“Is someone there?” The voice was from a male, and it was not one she recognised, though it sounded familiar. The figure took a few more steps forward and then repeated itself. “Is someone there? We’re looking for survivors from the attack.”

Lani’s face lit up. She was saved! “I-I’m here!” she called out grimly, her own voice sounding ragged. Her side ached and she longed to lie down someone safe.

The figure blinked – she was sure – and then proceeded to walk towards her. Who was it? It reminded her of Dash, and yet…she was sure it wasn’t. As he came closer, she made out a grey body and large claws. A crimson headpiece seemed to lace the Pokemon’s head, and large ears flicked outwards. Almost at once, the pounding in Lani’s heart ceased and she froze. This was definitely not Dash. It was…

“So there are more survivors after all…” A giant grin spread across the newcomer’s face. “I was told to look for survivors, so I could wipe them from existence.”

The Houndoom struggled to move once more, but she could not. She was stuck, and in a quicksand of trouble. The Weavile lowered himself to one knee and placed a claw against her muzzle, grasping it shut. However hard Lani thrashed, she could barely thrust her tongue through her teeth. Eyes wide, she looked on in fear.

“No one is here to protect you this time, my dear. Soon all shall know the name of Lord Virok. And they shall scream it to the Heavens itself!”

Claws dug deep into the muzzle of the Houndoom and Rakai laughed as she screamed, bringing a whole new meaning to the words ‘seeing red’.

~*~

It had been only a few seconds since the tiny green Pokemon appeared before us with a smirk, but already it was a few seconds more than I wanted. Something about her unnerved me, and I couldn’t quite put my finger on it. She seemed to know Tali, that much was certain. But from where? I eyed the Larvitar with a narrowed brow. Eon…Why did it seem like I’d heard that name before? It was a nagging thought at the very edge of my memory. I knew the name…I was sure of it.

A painful memory drifted to the fore of my mind. It had been a cool day, snow about us. Rye – I flinched involuntarily at the thought of the Elekid – had been telling me a little of his past.

“Kryal had been the best friend I never had. I grew up with him in the Missionary; him and his sister, Eon.”

…EON! Could it be?

“You’re Kryal’s sister!” I blurted out before I could stop myself, rising fluently to my feet. “Eon!”

The Larvitar turned her head towards me, the smirk wiped clean from her face. “How is it you know who I am, Pikachu? And without even mentioning your own name, first.”

“I’m Zanna,” I amended hastily, answering her scowl. “And I know you because Rye told me about you.”

I watched as Eon’s face changed into an expression that was almost unreadable. Completely blank. It was silent for about a minute before she finally shook her head. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“What?” I took a step forward in surprise. She must have been a very good actor, because the words she just said appeared to me to be genuine. “You know very well what I-“ But I was cut off as a paw fell on my shoulder. Tali glared down at me, tilting her head ever so slightly. Oh, of course. I should have known better than to bring up Kryal…of all Pokemon. I was an idiot. “I…uh…”

“I see you two need a hand getting out.” Eon had regained her smirk and looked towards Tali. “Care to explain how you got yourself into this mess? I thought you were more careful than that.”

“Tali was always one to rush head-on into danger.” My ears pricked as a familiar voice sounded from behind Eon. Dash stepped forward and offered me a smile. “Lamb, you’re a magnet for danger, that’s for sure.” He flicked a glance towards Tali and the Buizel seemed to relax ever so slightly.

A genuine smile lit my face in response. It hadn’t been more than a few days, but already I had missed Dash and the others. They offered support when I needed it the most. “Where’s Jarre and Codan?” I asked, peering behind him, my brow furrowing. “Aren’t they with you?”
The Sneasel shook his head. “I told them to go find you, but you’re here. Where’s Lani, though? Is she okay?”

“She got…knocked out,” I replied, a bitter taste in my mouth. “I don’t know where she is now.” I glanced at Tali to fill Dash in.

“Last time I was with her she was not too far from the med bay… I don’t know where she is now, though.”

Dash nodded. “Well if I leave Eon to take care of you two, I can go find Lani.” The Sneasel’s face turned more serious. “Lamb, I need you to stay away from Virok at all costs, but I don’t think I need to tell you that now. Stick with Eon and Tali, they’ll watch your back. And don’t worry about me, or the others. We’re strong.”

“Dash!” I ran up to the bars, feeling the cold metal touch my skin. “Be careful. Please. I don’t want anyone else to be hurt because of me.” I wouldn’t let anything else happen while I could still fight, I’d been stupid enough already.

The Sneasel stretched out a claw to me and I reached through the bars to grasp it. Though it felt cool and sharp, it was gentle, and warmth flowed through it. “You’ve got enough to worry about, Lamb,” he told me gently. “I’ll be okay.”

I smiled meekly as he dropped my paw and turned for the exit. I didn’t know Dash all that well, but he was proving to be quite a loyal friend; Tali too. Once you got past her bristly side. The Buizel turned to Eon, and I directed my gaze at her.

“Well isn’t it about time you get us out?” It seemed Tali had regained her usual haughty composure, which I now knew was just a mask to what lay beneath.

Eon’s smirk grew wider. “Alright, alright. But first, turn around and close your eyes. This could get messy.”

I frowned and blinked, but Tali turned and I followed her suit, closing my eyes. “What is she going to do?” I muttered from the side of my mouth.

“How the hell should I know?” came the snapped response from my left.

I waited for another fifteen seconds before a huge creak sounded and a loud thud caused me to jump a mile high. When I’d regained my footing well enough to spin around, I found two of the adjacent metal bars were spread wide enough for even Virok to have squeezed through, if he’d wanted to. My mouth fell open and I pointed at the bars with a shaky finger. “HOW DID YOU DO THAT?” For such a tiny Pokemon, I would not have thought it was possible.

The Larvitar merely shrugged and dusted her paws. “Do we really need to spend time asking such frivolous questions? Last I heard there was a Dark Pokemon on the rampage and a homicidal Electivire. Come on, get out here before I kick you out.”

Geez, for a small Pokemon her manners were almost worse than Tali’s. I think I was beginning to prefer the Buizel in comparison, and that was saying something. However, I was none too hesitant to step through the bars, tasting the freedom in the air. “What’s our objective now?” I asked curiously after Tali had followed behind me. “Shouldn’t we go find Jarre and the rest?”

Eon shook her head, refusing to even spare me a glance. “No, I’ve been assured the Torchic and Dragonite can handle themselves. Dash is capable; he’ll be okay. Our main priority now is to get you out of here.” She prodded my chest with a stubby paw in none-too-gentle a fashion. “You’re the main cause of this, at the moment. If Virok gets another paw on you, I’d say our only chance to get rid of Deoxys is as good as finished.” She gave the metal bars a once-over before turning her back to us and striding off down the hall.

“But, wait!” I called after her, glancing at Tali. “What about Rakai? What about everyone else who resides in the Missionary? What about the residents of the town?! What are we supposed to do, just leave them here?”

The Larvitar shrugged. “They’re not my concern, why should I care?”

My fur bristled. That was it. This prissy Pokemon had taken it a step too far, I didn’t even care that she’d saved us.

“Zanna…” Tali warned, but it was too late.

“NOT YOUR CONCERN?” My cheeks sparked with anger. “You were once part of this town! You grew up here! Does that mean NOTHING to you now?”

“Obviously not.”

“Well then what about Kryal?!” I was grasping at straws here, but as soon as the words were out of my mouth, my paws flew up to cover it.

The Larvitar froze. It was eerily silent. “Why do you keep mentioning that name to me, Pikachu?” Eon spun around to face me, brow furrowed. “Is it meant to MEAN something? Am I meant to know who that is? What is this ‘Kryal’ you speak so high and mighty of? Is he your boyfriend? Is that it?”

“WHAT?!” I opened and closed my mouth several times, but no audible sound came out. Finally, I turned to Tali. “Are you kidding me? Has she lost her marbles?!”

“Zanna…drop it and leave it alone, okay?”

“No, I will NOT drop it and leave it alone. I want to know why SHE” – I pointed a finger at Eon – “doesn’t want to save everyone after what happened to her brother!” Once again, I raised a paw to my mouth, and everything fell silent.

“…Brother?” The sound came from Eon, who merely peered at me with interest. “If you’re talking to me, Pikachu, I don’t have a brother. I’m an only child. I’ve never had a brother, much less a family.”

“What…?” My head was beginning to spin. But Kryal… I thought this was the same Eon who was Kryal’s sister. Could I have been mistaken? But she obviously grew up here, she had obviously lived here, or she would have denied that when I mentioned it. There couldn’t be two Larvitar’s with the same name, could there?

“I have no idea what you’re talking about,” the Larvitar repeated for the second time since our meeting. “You’ve obviously been cooped up in there for too long. Regardless, we’re not going to risk our lives for the rest of the city when yours is the only one that matters. Now come on, I’m not getting any younger!” This time the Larvitar didn’t turn around again when I called out to her.

Tali glanced at me and raised and eyebrow. “She’s lost her marbles, hasn’t she?” I asked. “And we just trust the crazy Pokemon that obviously belongs in an asylum?”

“Come on,” Tali sighed, placing her paws on my shoulders and steering me towards the exit. “You heard the Pokemon. If we dawdle, she most likely will just leave us here.”

“But-“

“That’s enough, Zanna,” Tali snapped. “We can come back and save everyone AFTER you’re safe. I know you’re worried, but now isn’t the time. However crazy, she was right about one thing, though.”

“Which is?”

“Your life is the only one that matters.”

But that didn’t answer any of my questions. It still left me wondering why Eon refused to admit she had anything to do with Kryal, and why Tali was so adamant for me not to press her about it.

~*~

He was sure of it; a cry had come from this direction. Dash raced down the endless hallways, stopping every once in a while to relocate the sound. Someone had screamed, and that was definitely not a good sign.

He hoped Zanna and Tali would be okay with Eon. It had been an age since he’d seen her, and he still wondered if her condition was…the same. Tali had told him it was irreversible; that she’d done this to herself. But he didn’t believe that. Somewhere deep inside her fragile frame he believed was the sister who had once cared for her brother so deeply. Though maybe it was better for her to be like this… It would cause less pain, and the world always needed less pain. There was too much of it.

Another scream. This time, louder. As the Sneasel rounded the corner he spotted a body not too far from where he stood. Running up to it, a small gasp escaped his mouth. “Lani! Are you okay?” He rested a paw gently against her muzzle and withdrew it when the Houndoom flinched. The strong scent of blood reached his nose, and he raised his paw to the light. Crimson liquid clung to it, staining the bright silver in a dull hue of red. “Who attacked you…?” Dash asked in a whisper, lowering himself to the Houndoom’s level. Lani’s eyelids fluttered. She was barely conscious! Who had done this to her? The Houndoom opened her eyes briefly and let out a single sigh of relief, but choked off in a strangled snarl, leaving Dash panicked.

“G-get away…”

“Lani? What-“ But the words were barely out of his mouth before something sharp connected with the side of his head.

The Sneasel flipped in midair and landed on his feet somewhat clumsily, tipping to the side off-balance. What in the world had hit him like that?! A searing pain throbbed where he’d been struck. His answer was right in from of him, however. As his vision regained focus, Dash spied a form across the hall that he loathed. Of all Pokemon, it had to be him. And now he’d pay for what he’d done to Tali. The Sneasel pulled his lips back in a snarl, baring his fangs. The once calm composure gone, Dash was the spitting image of terror. “Rakai,” he uttered icily.

“Welcome home, Dash,” the Weavile crooned, taking a step towards him. “I’ve already given Tali my regards. Does she send them in return?” He lifted a claw to his chin and stroked it, baring a smirk. Glinting in the light came a crimson stain, and Dash recognised the scent as Lani’s.

“GGGGRRR!” He launched himself at Rakai, claws glowing. The Weavile raised his own and prepared to brace for the attack, but was caught off guard by the Sneasel’s raw power. He stumbled backwards a few steps and glared, narrowing his eyes against the sparks of the steel-clashing claws. “How DARE you harm Lani! And Tali! After everything you meant to her! HOW DARE YOU!” He pushed with all his might against Rakai’s claws and broke through, causing him to jump back and retreat a few metres.

Dash felt his heart pound and let the blood boil within him. His body shook with uncontrollable anger, and his chest heaved. He felt himself begin to slip into the frenzy that all Sneasel and Weavile alike shared when they were so consumed by wrath. It was a state that the Sneasel himself feared, for whilst in it, most lost control of their senses entirely, focusing solely on rage to get the job done. He wanted to control it, he wanted to rein it in, but there was something about this Weavile that caused every ill feeling he had ever had to rush to the fore. It was impossible to keep it down. And worst of all, he’d hurt Tali. He should have known better.

Rakai stood poised, claws now fully extended. His brow furrowed. He’s underestimated the little runt, but that was no matter. Even if he might be stronger than he’d thought, he was still no match for him, leader of the Hunters. Virok had placed his trust in him and he vowed he would not sever it, no matter the cost. He still had tricks up his sleeves if all else failed, and he had something this whelp didn’t. He felt his lips curl up into a grin again.

“So Tali doesn’t send her regards? Shame.” An icy laugh filled the air, and his eyes narrowed until his pupils became thin slits that were barely visible. “BRING YOUR BEST, RUNT. YOU CAN’T BEAT ME!”

Rakai drew his head backwards, opening his mouth wide enough to draw in the cool moisture that surrounded them. With a final heave, he released the glowing white energy that filled his mouth in the direction of the Sneasel, following his steps as he attempted to dodge.

Dash felt the Ice Beam clip his heels; it was close, but not on target. Looks like the Weavile still had some training to do. He clung to the ceiling tightly. “Is that all you have?!” he shouted towards the grey figure, pushing off from the wall, claws outstretched once more. This time Rakai welcomed him with strength equal to his own, and the clash of steel screeched in their ears.

“Tell me something, Sneasel!” Rakai hissed through gritted fangs, eyes glinting. “Does she know what’s in here?!” He made to swipe at Dash’s chest, grazing against the skin as the Sneasel jumped back, recoiling. “Does she know?!” Rakai repeated loudly. “Does she know that you love her?!”

Dash hissed and shook his head, caught off-guard. “I’m merely doing what you never did! I care for Tali’s safety, that’s all!” The moment the words flowed from his mouth he felt a bitter aftertaste. No, that wasn’t entirely true. He was doing what Rakai never did, but he could never seem to reach her. His words had never reached her. She was still stuck in the past, so all he could do was protect her with every inch of his being, if it was all he had to give. The Sneasel roared and pushed with all his might. I…will…PROTECT HER!

[continued in next post]

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 09-12-2011, 12:15 PM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Rakai gasped and, for a moment, lost focus. But a moment was all Dash needed. He sent the Weavile sprawling across the floor until he collided with the wall opposite them. Dash hastily followed his path of destruction and before Rakai could gather his bearings, pressed a clawed foot firmly against his throat. He glared at him with utter hatred, bending down until he was at eye level with the Weavile.

“I may never have what you had. I may never gain her affection, approval, or any of that. But I don’t need it. I only want what is best for her, and whatever makes her smile is what I smile to as well. Seeing you dead would make me only too glad, but I know that is not what Tali would want. See, she still has it in her head that she’s got a thing for you. She’s still hoping you’ll come back around to your old self some day.”

Rakai spluttered against the force of his foot and groaned, but Dash only pressed down harder. “But you and I know better. You’re so far gone, you’ll never find your way out from this madness now. I will let you live, but only for Tali’s sake. However, I will not stop trying to convince her you’re gone. I will not let her throw herself away for you. Even if I have to give my life, I’ll make sure you never lay a claw on that Buizel.” Dash lowered his face further, to Rakai’s ear, and whispered. “And that is the difference between you and me. You may have her love, but I have her heart. I have her trust. And I may be stone cold in my grave, so far gone from this world, but I will always find my way back to make sure you never touch it again. Just a friendly warning.”

He slapped Rakai’s cheek with a claw and then ran his other down his shoulder, hitting a pressure point, and causing the thrashing Weavile to pass out. His days training as an agent hadn’t been for nothing. He’d leave the body here for some wandering Missionary guard to find. He doubted Rakai would come after him again with that threat in mind. The Weavile may be stupid and psychotic, but he could tell Dash wasn’t lying; he was smart enough for that. And despite what the Weavile thought, Dash could also tell he feared him. And it was because he held the Buizel’s heart.

Satisfied with his job, Dash turned back to Lani who was unconscious yet again. This Houndoom really didn’t seem to have good luck. Heaving the poor Pokemon over his shoulder, he made his way steadily towards the direction of the med bay, hoping he could find someone in there who would be able to help him before Virok was alerted to their presence. He would have preferred just to make a run for it, but the Houndoom’s condition demanded medical attention right away. It was times like these he cursed himself for not paying attention in Medical Biology. A healing spell or two would surely have come in handy right about now.

~*~

There were so many twists and turns within the Missionary that my head was beginning to spin. Turn left, turn right, turn right again… It was all too confusing. And yet Eon seemed to have a good grasp of the place, especially since she said she hadn’t been here since she was a child. I was no closer to learning why she refused to talk about Kryal, however, but I didn’t press her for it. It wasn’t polite to talk about a dead relative, and I wasn’t nearly that heartless. So I was content enough with following the Larvitar through the confines of the white prison, and much more eager to escape it.

There had been no sign of Virok since he’d ordered Nadal to ‘escort’ me to the dungeon, which wasn’t a good sign. It left me wondering what he was up to. And Tali seemed to be keenly wondering about Rakai, or to be more accurate, keenly worrying about whether he might pop up again. I hoped for both our sake’s that neither Pokemon would grace us with their presence. And on top of that, the Missionary seemed eerily quiet, even though it was night time. From what little Dash had told me, the Missionary was supposed to be buzzing with activity, even at night. But this clearly wasn’t the case now. It left me worried.

“The exit isn’t too far from here.” Eon’s voice drifted lazily back to me. “We won’t use the main exit, though; that would be rather stupid. There’s a tunnel leading off from the right that goes further underground. It’s dark and wet down there, but we shouldn’t run into anybody. The old tunnels have been deserted since ye’ old days.”

I snorted at the accent the Larvitar placed on the last few words and earned a glare from the Pokemon in question as she turned her head in my direction.

“With any luck, we could run into the others while down there. I know you can use a mental link, Pikachu,” Eon said to me. “If they trained you in the ways of the rescuer, you should have no trouble being able to contact one of your friends. There is a catch, however. I’m sure you know that-”

“’There’s a chance while probing the minds of those around you that you could run into an enemy’,” I recited the lines Codan had once told me. “Yes, I know, and I’ll be very careful. But I just need to know that the others are alright.” I need to see them again, I thought. It had been too long, and I wanted us to be back together safely. I was almost willing to risk exposure just for that. My mind cursed me for my foolishness, but I pushed the thought back. Instead, I decided to have a light conversation with Tali. We weren’t friends, as such, but that didn’t mean I couldn’t talk to her.

“How’s it feel to be back in the Missionary?” I asked the Buizel under my breath, not wishing for that lunatic of a Larvitar to overhear our conversation.

She merely stared at me for a moment, a blank expression on her face, then shrugged. “It’s okay, I guess. I never really wanted to see this place again, to be honest. But…” She drew silent as we both came to the same conclusion. She wanted to return because of Rakai, and now she had all the closure she needed. “I would like to see Dash again,” she mused. “That guy acts all high and mighty, but I bet he’s actually struggling. He’s like that, you know. Hides everything underneath a layer of macho talk.” A slight laugh escaped her lips before Eon interrupted us.

“It’s just this way. In the middle of this next room lies a secret trapdoor.” She grinned. “Of course just because it’s a secret, doesn’t mean that has ever stopped me from finding it…or using it.”

Tali and I exchanged glances. “Of course.” I was beginning to see similarities between the two females. Both held a certain disregard for rules.

The room Eon led us into wasn’t overly large, nor exquisite. It was one of the old underground rooms the Missionary now used for training. It was almost pitch black, although from what little I could see, white lines covered the rocky ground to mark the perimeter of an arena. My eyes caught a glint from the ceiling as I looked up to see the same orbs that had been in Altair’s temple; the ones used as mechanisms for lighting. I let out a small jolt to a few of them, none too surprised when they began to glow. Eon however, cocked an eyebrow.

“You know how those work, Pikachu? I’m ever so slightly impressed. No one uses these anymore, not since way back. It’s all done at the flick of a switch these days.”

But Eon’s rambling was broken by the gasp of horror that issued from Tali’s mouth. I turned to the Buizel with a ‘what?’ look on my face, only to follow her gaze to the opposite end of the room. Dread immediately clutched the pit of my stomach at the sight. Standing at the base of the arena was Virok, a smile etched to his face. Tali stumbled backwards a few steps and Eon drew herself into a defensive stance. I remained motionless, as my feet had seen fit to root me to the spot. Virok’s maniacal laugh echoed around us from all sides, seeming to hold us in an inescapable cage.

“You are too easy to follow,” he commented, giving us each a glare in turn. “I had Rakai track all of you. And you didn’t think for a moment that we were using surveillance cameras? Tsk, tsk, you three are quite the fools, aren’t you?”

Cameras! Of course a place like these would have tonnes. Why didn’t it ever cross our minds? Because we were too busy trying to save everyone, I told myself. We forgot the most important things. Stupid!

“Ah, how good to see you again, Eon. Have you come back for the same fate as your dear brother?” Virok’s grin widened at the Larvitar, but my mind was thinking of something entirely different. That was it; she couldn’t deny it now. She had to admit she was Kryal’s sister. Even Virok said she was!

“…What?” But the Larvitar still looked puzzled. “What is with everyone?! I DON’T have a brother. I’ve never had a brother! So stop with the conversation already! If you want to kill us, get it over with. But I have no intention of going down without a fight!” She clenched her paws by her side and glared.

“No brother…?” Virok raised a paw to his chin and shrugged. “No matter what you say, you will not fool me with such talk. Now you two,” he pointed to Tali and Eon, “step aside so I can claim the Light Pokemon. She is the only one I want.”

I willed my feet to move and, for once, they obeyed. “W-why do you want me?!” I tried shouting towards him, but my voice came out in a husky whisper. It was obvious to even the most dim-witted fool that I was scared. But this only pleased Virok.

“Why? Why else? To destroy Deoxys! When I inject you with the powers of a Dark Pokemon, the result will be miraculous! Both a Dark and Light being, you will be unstoppable! Better even than my dark armies. The strongest hybrid shall defeat Deoxys and we shall be saved! All my research will have paid off!”

“Research?!” Tali stepped up to my side, fur bristling. “You call what you did to Rakai and the other Pokemon RESEARCH?! You’re just as insane as I thought. No, you’re even more insane! You MURDERED countless Pokemon! You don’t deserve to live!”

“TALI!” I cried out to the Buizel as she ran at Virok, head on, but she ignored my warning.

She dodged his incoming paw and countered with an Aqua Jet, spinning rapidly towards him. But Virok was stronger. Flexing his arms, he grabbed Tali on impact and let out a deafening Thunderbolt. The Buizel’s screams mingled with the crackling electricity. When the white light subsided, Virok tossed the burnt Buizel to the floor towards us.

“Tali!” I ran to her side, hoping I could do something with my healing powers. Her fur was a crisp brown colour, singing the tips of the once orange hue, and she was rendered unconscious. Focusing all the energy I had into my right palm, I placed it above Tali’s chest, willing it to heal her. Once again, the light power Altair had given me activated, my paw enveloped in a white light. Eon and Virok watched in silence as the light flowed through Tali’s fur to her skin, being absorbed into her body. After a minute or so, I raised my paw, panting heavily. Healing so much had drained a lot of my energy. But it was well worth it to see Tali’s eyelids flutter open.

“Zanna…?” she whispered up at me, blinking. “What…?”

“Stay still,” I muttered gently through my smile, resting a paw over her body. “You’re hurt, so don’t try to move.” There was no argument from Tali on the matter. She was strictly confined to the ground for the time being.

“Miraculous!” came the booming voice of the Electivire as he brought his hands together. “THAT is the very power I want; the power that I NEED. And it shall be mine!” Stalling was now out of the question; Virok’s patience had worn thin. He drew towards me with glee on his face, closer every second. I could only peer at him in horror.

“Stop right there.” Eon had placed herself in front of Tali and I, arms spread wide.

“Wha-?! Eon! Get out of the way!”

“Shut up, Pikachu!” she snapped at me. “Your life is the only one that matters, so let me handle this.”

“But…” I trailed off. It was no use; I knew she wouldn’t listen to me. This Pokemon was just as stubborn as Tali. One step closer and Virok would be upon us, but Eon stood her ground, not wavering. Except was…was that a rumbling sound I heard?

I glanced upwards just as a crash came from above as the ceiling broke in two, rubble suddenly falling and surrounding us. Virok was quick to jump back as rocks tumbled just inches from where he stood moments before. Eon placed herself over Tali and I latched tightly onto the Buizel. At least now that Electivire could keep his filthy paws off me. It was slow to react, but my mind lurched back into action as the ground rumbled from the turmoil. I rose and hastily stepped back, trying to keep my balance on the slippery marble floor. But even though I was doing one thing, my mind was wondering what had caused the ceiling to break in the first place. The timing was just too perfect to be a coincidence.

“Look out!” Eon’s voice snapped me from my thoughts as something pushed against my side, knocking me from my feet. I landed on the ground a moment later, tumbling to a halt a way from where I had originally been.

“What was…” I raised a paw to my head as I drew myself into a wonky sitting position. Through my dazed vision I saw Tali laying a few feet away and Eon… “EON!” The Larvitar was surrounded by a pile of rubble, crushed underneath it. No sound issued from her at my response. Eon had risked her life to save me. Before my mind could register what had just happened, a deep cry came from my left.

“Pikachu!” Virok’s voice forced my eyes to swivel towards him, gazing up as he reached a large hand out towards me.

“Ah!” I gasped and drew back, surprised at how he could still regain his balance over the sudden quake. “Get away from me, you creep!”

I shot sparks out at the Electivire but he easily absorbed them. Electric, of course. It was not the first time I forgot about type advantages and weaknesses, but it was the first time I truly cursed my folly for it. My attacks would only serve to give him energy.

“Wah!” I stumbled backwards, finally losing my footing as I tripped over a rock, falling to the ground in a daze. I was dimly aware of the grinning face of Virok as he strode my way, reaching out again. Any second now and I would be in his grasp. It was too late. My eyes widened in fear, but a brilliant flash of light illuminated the view before me.

As more rocks tumbled from the ceiling a figure fell downwards, landing deftly in front of me, a paw held to the side to steady itself. Virok jumped back again to avoid the sudden attack. Dust surrounded the newcomer’s body, but it lay low, crouched in an offensive position. Was it protecting me?

I flicked out my ears, sensing the tiny vibrations in the air. Perhaps I could tell who it was by the way they moved around the form. After a few seconds I stopped short, a silent gasp flowing from my mouth. I eyed the figure as it rose fluently, still retaining the offensive position, this time arms raised. Virok blinked, a surprised expression etched to his face. He made to step forward but the figure let out a low, deadly growl.

“Stay where you are.”

I was not mistaken; my head was swimming. How…Why? It was as though what little energy I had left abated me, my body suddenly feeling faint. The haze had almost cleared and a familiar scent reached my nose, tickling it with a faintly sweet aroma I’d almost all but forgotten. I licked my lips, opening my mouth to speak, but no sound came out.

The figure turned its head slightly towards me but refused to glance any further, keeping its gaze locked on Virok. The Electivire’s face had changed, a smirk appearing in place of shock. He chuckled to himself and stood tall, eyeing the body standing low in front of me.

“Well, well, I never thought I’d see you again so soon,” he almost crooned, the figure hissing in response. “Oh, come now!” Virok snapped. “Is that any way to greet your father!?”

A husk of a laugh escaped Rye’s lips. He lifted his head to meet Virok’s eyes, gazing with force. “Hello, dear father.”

Virok seemed to relax and take a step forward, but it was never Rye’s intention to let him pass. The Elekid swiftly struck out an arm, a barrier forming behind it and enclosing me. The Electivire halted as he hit the light, unable to get through the rippling shield. He twisted his head towards Rye who smirked back, still holding his arm in place. “Why you-”

Virok struck out, intending to hit Rye and send him sprawling, but the Elekid effortlessly caught the incoming arm and latched onto it tightly. The Electivire’s eyes widened in surprise and a steel glint appeared within Rye’s grin. In a swift movement he brought the paw creating the barrier forwards, sending it crashing into Virok’s chest. The impact sent the Electivire flying. The wind was knocked clean from his body as he slammed into the opposite wall and slid to the floor in a daze, eyes fluttering closed as he lost consciousness.

It was an understatement to say I was shocked. So much power… Where had that come from? But every question was blown clean from my mind as the Elekid lowered his battle stance, relaxed his muscles and turned to face me. Rye’s expression remained emotionless, but somewhat grim as he caught my gaze. His eyes were still the bright emerald I remembered, but my mind really hadn’t done them justice. I, myself, was too surprised and confused. So many things were happening within me at once; anger, frustration, joy, hurt, sorrow, fear…

All the hurt he’d caused me seemed to rush to the fore of my mind and I grit my teeth, clenching my paws. Anything to stop the tears that willed for release. I would not give him the satisfaction of seeing me cry.

Rye hesitantly took a step forward and opened his mouth when a blur rushed past. The instant the both of us turned our heads another blast of white-hot electricity slammed into Rye, forcing him clean off his feet. Virok had risen once again and was a force to be reckoned with.

Links
Old 09-18-2011, 02:44 PM
XaiakuX Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to XaiakuX Send a message via MSN to XaiakuX Send a message via Yahoo to XaiakuX Send a message via Skype™ to XaiakuX
Default Re: Team StormRiders [PG-13] [Chapter 35: The Enigmatic Princess; Eon Returns!]

Since you forbid me from reading 20 chapters ahead, I'll comment briefly on the chapters that I've read. At the start, your character development was lacking, details were inadequate, and it all seemed to be a bit rushed, such as Pikachu instantly knowing how to be a Pikachu, rather than having to figure out how to use her new body.. But as I read (reed) on, I notice these things improving greatly. I'm really into it, now. I think I'm on chapter 13 now? Still working on it, I'll read more tonight after my concert. =]

.|.[Linkage].|.[-.Norse God of Chaos.-].|.Best in the World.|.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:57 PM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Default Re: Team StormRiders [PG-13] [Chapter 35: The Enigmatic Princess; Eon Returns!]

Yeah, I know all that. xD Mind you this WAS four years ago. I really need to go back and rewrite them, but I'm just too lazy. Maybe I'll do it someday, although right now life is in high demand.

Thanks for reading!

Links
Old 09-18-2011, 04:07 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Michelle8936

...You know, I read this chapter earlier. I have no idea why I didn't comment on it, but considering I've been staying up pretty late recently, it may just be the fact that it was one in the morning and I wanted to get to bed XD

Anyways, nicely done. I didn't see any typos (not that I would remember if I had XD), and it should be interesting to see how this fight will go considering how much more powerful Rye's gotten.

Old 09-18-2011, 08:38 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem N Ems View Post
Yeah, I know all that. xD Mind you this WAS four years ago. I really need to go back and rewrite them, but I'm just too lazy. Maybe I'll do it someday, although right now life is in high demand.

Thanks for reading!
Yes, you are sooooo quick at updating :p

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 09-18-2011, 11:28 PM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Eon...Don't you know amnesia never works? XD

I'm concerned for Lani. If the Hunters' claws are filled with Shadow Poison, that would mean Lani was infected with it...Unless she bled out enough to get rid of it. Things could get quite messy :/ And if this isn't the case, well, I'm sure Dash or someone in the story will explain why ^^'

Rye is awesome. Virok sucks.

Skye: Forcing someone to accept another element...For shame. Nothing good ever comes from force; his defeat from greed was inevitable. Rye and Zanna, you have my entire support.

...We both liked reading it :D Although, Virok has a decent point - using both light and darkness would make Zanna a force to be reckoned with, but...It could kill her, she could lose control...There's just way too much at stake to risk her.

Besides, they have Rye now. Two halves of the coin <3
Old 09-21-2011, 03:41 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle8936 View Post
...You know, I read this chapter earlier. I have no idea why I didn't comment on it, but considering I've been staying up pretty late recently, it may just be the fact that it was one in the morning and I wanted to get to bed XD

Anyways, nicely done. I didn't see any typos (not that I would remember if I had XD), and it should be interesting to see how this fight will go considering how much more powerful Rye's gotten.
Well...you commented on it now? xD It's the thought that counts. Besides, the bed is always comfier. *nods*

That's good. I was a little sloppy with my proof-reading this time because I wanted to get it up xD, but it looks like you didn't find anything at least. Maybe Kris'll spot the typos everyone else might have missed. x3

I'm excited for the upcoming battle, too. Having to fight your father sure can't be easy, although it might make it somewhat easier if he's a homicidal maniac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
Yes, you are sooooo quick at updating :p
WELL EXCUSE ME FOR HAVING A LIFE. And when was the last time you ever got 35 chapters up in a story, eeehh, mister? Yeah, I thought so. xP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
Eon...Don't you know amnesia never works? XD

I'm concerned for Lani. If the Hunters' claws are filled with Shadow Poison, that would mean Lani was infected with it...Unless she bled out enough to get rid of it. Things could get quite messy :/ And if this isn't the case, well, I'm sure Dash or someone in the story will explain why ^^'

Rye is awesome. Virok sucks.

Skye: Forcing someone to accept another element...For shame. Nothing good ever comes from force; his defeat from greed was inevitable. Rye and Zanna, you have my entire support.

...We both liked reading it :D Although, Virok has a decent point - using both light and darkness would make Zanna a force to be reckoned with, but...It could kill her, she could lose control...There's just way too much at stake to risk her.

Besides, they have Rye now. Two halves of the coin <3
I'm not sure if what Eon has could be called "amnesia", but I'll leave it at that for now. Me no likey spoilers. xD

Yup, Rakai is one bad nuisance. Despite that fact, I actually love his character. xD I need to write backstory's on all the characters, I think. They deserve their own section, because I just don't have enough room in the story to explain it all. Maybe only a single post or so, or bits at a time, but it would definitely be interesting. :O OH. And then I could link them to the first post! Yays! But yes, I wonder how Lani will go. She always seems to get hurt. xD Poor thing.

*Raises hand* I think Rye is awesome, too. 8D He doesn't deserve all the bad he gets. Why doesn't Jarre get any of this karma stuff? D8 He should be overloaded with it!

Jarre: Because I'm awesome.

*thumps*

Jarre: ... OW.

Yeah. A huge power is one thing, but when combined with another, the results could be devastating. Especially because one is light and the other is dark, they'd probably just bash each other to see who comes out on top. And if Zanna is the vessel that carries all these powers, she could get ripped to shreds. X.x BAD VIROK.

Rye wouldn't let anything bad happen to Zanna. I'm convinced he would beat up his father long before he'd let that happen. xD

Links
Old 09-24-2011, 04:21 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune
Default Re: Team StormRiders [PG-13] [Gold; Best Pokemon Author; MotY'10]

This is for chapter 34, by the way!

Quote:
It was then that I recognised who’s it was.
Should be 'whose'.

Quote:
But it was none I was too happy to see, and my stomach lurched in response. Tali.
The Buizel was covered in cuts and bruises, the dried blood she’d neglected to clean staining her once bright orange fur.
You forgot to separate these paragraphs. :3

Quote:
The Buizel cocked head to the side at my call. She was listening.
I think this is a typo, and should be 'cocked her head'. xD

Quote:
Each squad works in two-Pokemon unit.
Two-pokemon units?

Quote:
– took it in turn to slash each of the Hunters in the chest, just above their heart.
The apostrophe on the end of Hunters shouldn't be there.

Quote:
I went up to him and he welcomed me gruffly, as was his custom these days.
'these' should be 'those', or 'was' should be 'is'.

Next post:

Quote:
For one, he didn’t trust the Sneasel with a single feather in his body.
Should probably be 'on', not 'in'.

Quote:
“Hold it.” Dash stuck out a paw to the side and motioned for them to be quiet.
Guards no longer patrolled the underground tunnels of the city, or they weren’t meant to, but something was clearly coming their way.
Forgot to separate these too.

Quote:
And I just show up now’”?
The apostrophe is facing the wrong way. xD

Quote:
As arrogant as ever.”
Dash’s fur bristled. “Excuse me?!”
You didn't separate these either.

I thought I'd read this chapter! I can't believe I hadn't until just now. xD But yeah, I liked it. o: I really enjoyed the conversation between Zanna and Tali. I honestly didn't expect Tali to open up to Zanna like that, though, and I really wasn't expecting her to smile at her, either. xD And punch her. Ouch. The history between Tali and Rakai is pretty sad, too. D: It's a shame he went wild and changed so much. Dx I don't like Tali much, but I feel sorry for her anyway. xD

I CAN'T BELIEVE I DIDN'T FIND OUT WHAT THAT POKEMON WAS. And I have no idea who Eon is either. xD I don't know if she's been in the story or not. I actually thought Eon and the pokemon that went with Dash was the same pokemon until I read Kris' comment, haha. xD If Eon's been mentioned before (which, by Kris' comment, it sounds like she has), but if she has, I've forgotten. xD I hope I get to find out more about her and the green pokemon during the next chapter, which I plan to read after I do some homework. :x I'm in the mood to keep reading now, but I know I have to do some work first.

And in response to Lusy's comment, you are quick at updating. xD I haven't released a chapter in four months... That is SHAMEFUL of me. Epically shameful. Stupid school. >.> Hopefully I can get another chapter up soon. Anyhow. Nice chapter. I noticed a lot of "none too *word*" phrases repeated through the chapter, though. But oh well. xD

I'll be back to read your new chapter soon!

EDIT: LOL DON'T WORRY. I remember Eon now. *has read a bit of the next chapter* I'll read it tomorrow, since I can't now. xD But yeah, I'll be sure to post another review!

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.

Last edited by Graceful_Suicune; 09-24-2011 at 03:39 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:37 PM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Default Re: Team StormRiders [PG-13] [Gold; Best Pokemon Author; MotY'10]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post
This is for chapter 34, by the way!

Should be 'whose'.

You forgot to separate these paragraphs. :3

I think this is a typo, and should be 'cocked her head'. xD

Two-pokemon units?

The apostrophe on the end of Hunters shouldn't be there.

'these' should be 'those', or 'was' should be 'is'.

Next post:

Should probably be 'on', not 'in'.

Forgot to separate these too.

The apostrophe is facing the wrong way. xD

You didn't separate these either.

I thought I'd read this chapter! I can't believe I hadn't until just now. xD But yeah, I liked it. o: I really enjoyed the conversation between Zanna and Tali. I honestly didn't expect Tali to open up to Zanna like that, though, and I really wasn't expecting her to smile at her, either. xD And punch her. Ouch. The history between Tali and Rakai is pretty sad, too. D: It's a shame he went wild and changed so much. Dx I don't like Tali much, but I feel sorry for her anyway. xD

I CAN'T BELIEVE I DIDN'T FIND OUT WHAT THAT POKEMON WAS. And I have no idea who Eon is either. xD I don't know if she's been in the story or not. I actually thought Eon and the pokemon that went with Dash was the same pokemon until I read Kris' comment, haha. xD If Eon's been mentioned before (which, by Kris' comment, it sounds like she has), but if she has, I've forgotten. xD I hope I get to find out more about her and the green pokemon during the next chapter, which I plan to read after I do some homework. :x I'm in the mood to keep reading now, but I know I have to do some work first.

And in response to Lusy's comment, you are quick at updating. xD I haven't released a chapter in four months... That is SHAMEFUL of me. Epically shameful. Stupid school. >.> Hopefully I can get another chapter up soon. Anyhow. Nice chapter. I noticed a lot of "none too *word*" phrases repeated through the chapter, though. But oh well. xD

I'll be back to read your new chapter soon!

EDIT: LOL DON'T WORRY. I remember Eon now. *has read a bit of the next chapter* I'll read it tomorrow, since I can't now. xD But yeah, I'll be sure to post another review!

~GS.
Thanks for catching all those, I'll change 'em when I get the time. xD Also stupid Word that doesn't separate paragraphs grrrrr. x3

I don't know, I think Tali just needed someone to confide in. xD If you go for too long keeping everything bottled up you'll eventually explode. All I can say is thank Arceus she didn't explode. XD I actually kinda hated Tali, when I first made her. But she's growing on me now. x3

Yeeeeaaahh, it's probably been so long since I mentioned Eon you would have forgotten. XD The next chapter would make it clearer, though, I think. xD And you'll soon see that Eon is fairly similar to Tali. Maybe worse in some cases. x3 I can't wait till I get to writing chapter 36, though. THE FUN BEGINS!

Well I'm not THAT quick at updating...I used to be real quick, a couple of years ago when I had tonnes of inspiration. Like once a week or two, quick. xD But somehow I kinda lost it. I think that's cause I started getting more involved in school and such. I guess life took over. BAD, LIFE. BAD. *shuns life* xD

Anywho, thanks for reading! You're now my typo catcher since Kris left. xD

Links
Old 11-09-2011, 08:09 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Default Re: Team StormRiders [PG-13] [Chapter 36: Like Father, Like Son]

---------

Chapter 36;
..........like father, like son

---------

“Rye!” The name flew from my mouth before I had the sense to stop it. I could only watch as the Elekid wearily drew himself off the ground, using his strong arms to support his weight.

It had been so long since I’d seen Rye, but the memories of my time with him were still fresh in my mind. Not just the sad times, either, but also the happy ones. It was those memories I now looked to for strength. I knew it was no use worrying on what had happened in the past; it would only serve to make me weak. But there was still a dismal feeling nagging at the edges of my mind. There was a scar he had placed within me that I didn’t think would ever heal, no matter how much he might try. But little by little, as I breathed in the air that held his scent, as I took in the sight of his bright green eyes, I was healing.

Virok was panting in a rage. I had clearly seen the Electivire unconscious, but he had recovered in less than a minute. The sheer willpower of this Pokemon astounded me. Did he truly believe that what he was doing was right? How could he! He murdered so many souls just for a way to defeat Deoxys. I couldn’t understand why he was so hell bent on creating a dark army. It was as if he was trying to compete with Deoxys, not banish him from Talzere. Surely he couldn’t think this was the right way. He obviously didn’t care for anyone in this town, so he wouldn’t listen to me. But I had to try to do something. I had to intervene before Rye got hurt again. Despite my fear, my sorrow, I couldn’t bear it to see him hurt. Enough trouble had been caused on my account already.

“Hey, Virok!” I shouted, before fear clouded my judgement enough to change my resolve.

The Electivire hesitated, but turned at my call, peering down at me with an angry snarl.

“You can’t think that what you’re doing is right! Not when so many others have died!” I was going to try pleading with him, even though I could tell it wouldn’t work. But it was all I had to go on. “You’ve lived in this town for your entire life. You’ve seen the good and bad that’s happened here. You’ve seen the terror that Deoxys can instil into the lives of others. You helped to build this Missionary to make it a better place for ALL Pokemon, no matter if they were big or small, strong or weak. When you start experimenting like this, it tears down everything you were originally striving for! Don’t you see? The only way to defeat Deoxys is to band together with the rest of Talzere! Without their help you’ll never win, even if you create a billion more Dark Pokemon. They’re just tools to you! If they mean nothing to you… how can you say you’re fighting for the greater good?!

My chest heaved with the words now trailing through the air. It was not right that he treated others this way. As a Light Pokemon, it was my duty to make sure all of Talzere was bound together as one. When one part acted in discord to another, nothing would ever seem right. And it wasn’t right. We had to work together if we had any hope at all. What the Pokemon needed most right now wasn’t another army to stand and fight, but the courage to face another day with a smile on their face. Another war wouldn’t do that, and it certainly wouldn’t change anything. I needed Virok to see that, I needed everyone to understand. What I had come to understand in such a short amount of time was that being a Light Pokemon wasn’t my choice. Ultimately, the choice had been made for me, but what I now did with this power was my own. I realised it was part of me, and defined the being I had become. No, being a Light Pokemon wasn’t my choice; it was who I was. And I would do everything in my power to uphold the name. It was high time I stood and fought back.

“Zanna! What are you doing?” Rye’s voice drifted to me and I flicked my ears at the sound. “Stand back and leave this to me.”

I was mildly irritated. Rye, once the cause of such happiness in my life, now only left a bitter wake of feelings I was all too eager to forget. Don’t get me wrong, I felt for him as much as I ever did, but I would be lying if I said he hadn’t torn a part of me away the day that he left. There was a spot deep inside me, in the reserves on my innermost feelings, which would never forgive him. I think he knew that. He would murder me for this; I could see it coming. I knew that Virok was Rye’s father, and that he should be the one to handle this. But it wasn’t just him it was affecting anymore - it was the entire world. As long as Virok was a threat to Talzere as a whole, I would have to step in. Even if others didn’t like it. I took a deep breath. It was now or never.

“Virok,” I stated calmly, as if I hadn’t heard Rye at all. “Please think about what you’re doing. If you work with me, then we have a much better chance at defeating Deoxys. I know this can work. I am the first Light Pokemon in a long, long time. I have talked to Altair himself, and even he believes in me. He believes that with your help I can do this. So why…why don’t you stop all this and help me? Isn’t that what you want? A Talzere that’s safe for all? Isn’t it what…what your wife would have wanted…sir?”

I added ‘sir’ onto the end as to not overstep my bounds. If I hadn’t already. I suspected he would be irritated with me for mentioning his wife. Already he hated me from trying to stop his actions. I really didn’t want to make an insane Pokemon angrier. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Rye’s face grow pale. I hadn’t mentioned his mother in front of him, either, I now recalled. My stomach heaved at the thought, but I had to remember why I was doing this. And hopefully if I kept him distracted long enough by talking, one of us could find a way out of this mess before we all got crushed to a pulp under Virok’s feet. If reinforcements didn’t arrive soon, I was beginning to weep for the future of Talzere, if all they had to go by was a squished Pikachu.

As I had hoped, the last sentence seemed to have halted his actions. The Electivire blinked once and, though he was still looking directly at me, his eyes seemed somewhere else entirely.

“Ameli…” came the whisper from his mouth. The name of his wife. Virok was far away, in a distant place that was probably much happier than the one we were in now. I knew once that he must have been a good Pokemon. Using my senses for almost the first time, I became aware that there was both a sadness and longing within this Electivire that I had almost negated entirely. However manic and corrupted he was now, he had definitely not always been this way. It was a short glimpse, nothing more than a spark, but it filled me to the very core with sympathy. I couldn’t help it.

Before I could stop him, Rye regained his senses and jumped out in front of Virok. “Father! You will not harm anymore Pokemon. This has to stop!”

The huge Electivire shook his head, clearing away all false pretences, and peered down at his son, though not seeming to fully comprehend him. “Riley, you…wish for me to stop?”

“I will not work for you anymore. I am done with your plans. I am done with the project. I will not harm another Pokemon, and I will not harm Zanna.” He was defiant, I gave him that much.

“Pikachu!” Virok was drawn back to the present at the mention of my name. “The project, boy! You WILL obey me. I am your father! You will-”

“No.” Rye’s voice was firm, and he stood up to the towering giant calmly. “Father…there is more to this world than what you have shown me, or what you have told me. And Zanna is right; we do not need to harm others to drive Deoxys from our world. If we work with the Pokemon of the city I know we can make this a better place, and if we reach out to others for aid I know that they will come to us.”

He paused briefly to sweep a glance towards me, and I realised at that moment that I hold been holding my breath, a sharp pain beginning to form in my side. I released it slowly as he continued.

“You told me when I was younger that the world was a very cruel place. You told me they had…they had taken mother away before it was her time. But you also said that now she was with Lord Arceus, the world would become better. You said that each soul that was sent to the Heavens brought a little more peace to this dismal world. I believe what you said then, and I still do. If you valued any of what mother said to you, you will stop this at once. I know she still watches over us, father. It is not as easy for her as you may think. She still suffers, even in such a happy place, because of what you are doing. And like myself, she wants you to stop. She wants you to return to your old self again. She wishes you would raise a son that you can be proud of. She-”

“ENOUGH!” Virok screamed, releasing an awe-inspiring bellow that all but blew me from my feet. “I don’t want to hear any more of those useless words from your mouth, boy! You do NOT know what you mother would have wanted. I know what is best for all of us, just as I have always known! I will raise you as I deem right and you will follow in my footsteps!” He took a step towards the Elekid, shaking with anger. When he spoke again, his voice was as cold and hard as steel, laced of one with the power of authority. “I am your father and I will ALWAYS be your father. You will do as I say, no matter what the task is. You will grow to be just as I am, because you have no choice in the matter. You have always been like me, Riley! And you always will be!”

He laughed harshly, staring Rye down, trying to intimidate him. And for a moment, it looked as if it were working. Rye’s proud figure diminished somewhat and for the first time since their encounter, he appeared frail before his giant of a father. It was all I could do to remain still and not go to his side to comfort him, but now was certainly not the right time. It was his fight, I reminded myself. Codan had once told me there were battles of pride and battles of honour. It was now my honour to defend his pride. Instead, I retreated to the recesses of my mind.

Is that how you treat your son? I thought to myself. He is the only family you have left, and still you treat him this way... I snorted. What a sad Pokemon you are indeed, Virok.

But Rye remained calm, even in the face of his monstrous father, drawing up his composure once more. I couldn’t imagine the pain he must be going through, the hurt that he would be suffering. Surely this wasn’t how he wanted to grow up. This wasn’t the life either of them had wanted, and yet it had chosen them just as fate had chosen me. The world was indeed a very cruel place, only now was I beginning to see just how cruel.

“I am not like you,” Rye said, just as much to himself as to Virok. He spoke quietly, not because he was restraining himself, though rather because it was more menacing when said softly. That alone was enough to raise the fur on the back of my neck. “I will never be like you. Do you wish to know why?” He stepped up to his father and rose to his full height. Even against the Electivire, who was so tall and bulky, Rye’s frame was nothing. Yet he proudly stood tall, not a single muscle quivering in fear. “Because I choose who I wish to be. Me and no one else. I am going to be the son mother wanted-”

“DON’T YOU DARE SPEA-”

“I AM GOING TO BE THE SON MOTHER WANTED,” Rye shouted at his father, eyes gleaming, ignoring the onslaught of protests that threatened to drown out his words. “I will never stop trying to be what she wanted! Because though she is gone from this world, her heart lies with me! It has always been with me! And for all those years when you would never look me in the eyes or glance in my direction, you knew that! You were just too afraid to realise. You were too scared to face the fact that she had left her heart to me, her only son, and not to you. So you denied it. You drove yourself insane with those horrid thoughts racing through your head, all because you were too-”

“STOP RIGHT NOW!”

“-afraid to face the fact that MOTHER CHOSE ME!”

I had never seen Rye so angry in his entire life. I had seen him annoyed; I had seen him mad on occasion. I had even seen him take out his anger on those that didn’t deserve it, but I had never seen him like this. The fur on the Elekid’s back stood on end like the bristles on a worn brush. His teeth were bared so wide that fangs were visible across his cheeks, and they were pushing down against his skin hard enough to draw blood. His hands were clenched and they shook violently. His emerald eyes, that I never got tired of staring at, had drawn themselves into a vivid glare that made me look away. He was no longer the Rye I knew. He was…something else entirely. And Virok sensed this.

The Electivire took a step back, surprised by his son’s reaction. “What…are you?” he uttered more out of curiosity than anything. “Who are you?”

I caught the lines of Rye’s mouth turn up into a grin, a smirk, at his father’s words. But there was something about that smirk that I didn’t like; something about it that sent a shiver of dread through my entire body. I found myself asking the same question as Virok. Who are you…?

“Who am I?” Rye breathed through his teeth and held his arms out, motioning to Virok. The Elekid took a few steps backwards, and with each step he took, his fur grew darker. I watched with horror as his figure turned to dusk, and his stripes took on a crimson hue. His eyes glazed with red, the pupils contracting into thin slits, until they almost disappeared. The three claws on each hand extended and grew lethal; a single swipe from them would do serious harm. When Rye had reached the center of the arena, a dark aura had surrounded him, emitting crackling electricity. It was not an aura I recognised, and my first instinct was to run away in fear. But somehow I managed to root myself to the spot. Curiosity killed the Skitty, or so they said. Although I was not so curious as I was terrified.

Seeing Rye in this form again began to bring back the memories I’d tried so hard to keep hidden under the bridge. Now they slowly began to surface, the cold words he had said to me that night echoed throughout my head. It was enough to drive anyone crazy. The feelings within me threatened to explode, but somehow I kept it in check. Just as I was able to spread a calm through those around me, I could also do it to myself. Inhaling and exhaling methodically, I was able to calm myself down, ridding the worst of the images that laced my thoughts and properly assess the situation.

From that one night I was sure I had only glimpsed Rye’s power. I had no idea where he had been off on his little journey, and I really didn’t care, but something about him seemed in control…almost as though he was purposely reining it in. That night I could feel the lust for death and destruction, even – though I hated to admit it – my own. Now I could almost feel the tight strings binding the darkness that surrounded him. I could tell it wanted its freedom, but Rye wouldn’t let it. He had it bent to his will and so as long as he had the upper hand, I was certain that was how it would stay.

“I guess you could say I’m your worst nightmare.” The Elekid let a laugh chime through the air, but it didn’t hold the same appeal I was used to. In fact, it was quite the opposite. And as I turned my head towards Virok, mouth agape, I could see he was much the same. His face grew gaunt and pale at the sight of his son. Corrupted.

“Rye…you…” He could only manage to string a couple of words together before falling silent again, and I couldn’t blame him. “How are you…like this?”

Rye snorted. “Really, that’s all you have to say? Well why don’t you thank your little Weavile friend for inflicting his shadow poison within me. I thought that was your doing.” He held up a claw to inspect it, then eyed Virok over the top, his mouth curling ever higher into a grin I disliked.

“Rakai…” The name was said with such ice that for a moment I was certain I could feel it in the air around me. “No, it was not I who ordered this attack.”

“So then…” I muttered to myself, “…it was Deoxys?”

“IT WAS DARKRAI!” Rye’s voice boomed throughout the small cavern, black electricity erupting from his arms. He laughed, and brought his brows down over his eyes, giving a whole new meaning to the word menacing. “Darkrai has given me this power, and I will use it to make sure you never hurt anyone again. I will use it to stop Deoxys, and I will use it to…to…”

Rye’s words began to fail him, and for a moment he seemed to be teetering on the edge of a precipice. What precipice, however, was uncertain. He drew his arms up to his head and cradled it within them. What was happening? Then, as soon as it had come, it was gone. He unfurled his arms and stood tall once again, eyeing Virok.

He was speaking, but I didn’t hear a single word that left his mouth, for I was still stuck on autopilot repeating the last words he had said. “Darkrai has given me this power…” He what? Darkrai ordered the attack on Rye, or was it something else? Is that where he had been when he left me? Did he seek out Darkrai? But he was dead, he couldn’t have. I had the only way to contact the Farplane, and it was through my connection with Altair, for being a Light Pokemon. Rye was definitely not light, so there was no possible way. Unless…

“Altair…” I muttered in panic. I had no idea what made me speak the name, but it was the first that came to mind. Oddly enough, somehow just saying it seemed to soothe the rippling feeling in my stomach. I said the name again, stronger this time, and an instant calm washed over me, but also something else… I was being pulled. This time I didn’t resist, I let the tugging string lead me to where it wanted, for I was sure it was a better place than this.

~*~

I sat up groggily, running a paw over my eyes, as if to wipe the invisible sleep away from them. I knew I hadn’t been out, but it certainly felt like it. As the haze cleared, I was able to see a figure that stood a few feet in front of me. It offered a white paw, and I took it without hesitation. I knew instantly who it was, and a glow seemed to surround my entire being.

“Altair.”

“Zanna.” I felt the smile from his lips as he embraced me, drawing me into the soft fur I oddly remembered, from that one time. Even his scent, which smelled strangely like cinnamon, had a soothing effect upon me.

“You smell wonderful…” I muttered, before I realised I had even said the words aloud. The instant I did, I cupped a hand over my mouth. But Altair merely smiled at me.

“In a way I am your twin,” he told me, gesturing a hand to himself, then at me. I noticed that I was also white – I was in my Light state. We looked almost exactly the same. Same glowing circle on the tail, same hue of the fur, same aura. It was the first time I took in how similar we actually were, as if the two halves of one coin. “I am also your opposite. I am what attracts you, and you are what attracts me. Together, we are one whole. You cannot say you doubted this.”

I couldn’t. I wanted to, some part of me deep inside wanted to deny his claim, but it was impossible. The words wouldn’t come, just as my mind knew that they would be false.

[continued in next post]

Links

Last edited by Gem N Ems; 11-14-2011 at 01:18 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:15 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

“You called me,” he stated casually, ignoring the fact I was trying hard to bury the words he had said.

“Yes…” I let the word roll around on my tongue before going any further. Altair simply studied me, not willing to force anything into the open. Just as I did, he had unlimited patience when he needed it. “I want to know what happened to Rye.”

I watched as the Pikachu pursed his lips. The change was almost so unapparent I would have missed it had I not been watching. That I had been, however, gave him away almost instantly.

“What do you know?!” I accused. “If you know something, Altair, come out and say it. I don’t have time for your riddles now.” I felt the anger fuming in heatwaves from my body and knew that he could sense it. Good, I wanted him to feel pain if he had caused Rye any trouble.

Altair sighed upon defeat, and turned away from me. “Your darker half came here in search of a way to redeem himself. He wanted to escape the darkness that was claiming his body. I told him I could not help him.”

I could clearly tell that Altair disliked talking about Rye almost as much as I hated to bring him up. I hoped it wasn’t because he felt threatened by his hold on me. Even as I thought the words, I caught Altair casting a glare in my direction.

I flashed a smile in return.

“I sent him to Darkrai.”

Wow, no beating around the bush this time. “YOU WHAT?” My mouth fell open. “Altair, how could you?! I thought you were on my side!”

“He wanted help!” The white Pikachu whirled to face me, meeting my rage head-on. “I couldn’t help him and he wanted so desperately to return to you, so I sent him to Darkrai; the only deity who holds dominion over darkness! The only one who could help him!”

“You only wanted Darkrai to corrupt him, didn’t you? You never wanted him to return!”

He didn’t deny it.

“You know what? You’re not my other half and you never will be! You’re JUST AS BAD as Darkrai, worse even! Because unlike him, you toyed with my feelings. At least he had the GUTS to do it to my face!”

“Well I still had the decency to tell you the truth!” he spat back at me. “Why didn’t you tell your boyfriend about our little kiss?”

“You…” My voice was laced with poison. We were now barely an inch from touching noses, eyes glaring, sparks flying from our bodies in discordance. Altair had just registered he’d overstepped a boundary and backed off, but not before I had mustered up the courage to send my paw flying into the side of his face.

The impact met with a sickening thud, which sent him soaring a few feet across the room. I hoped with everything I had that it left a bruise. He deserved it. As my chest heaved, Altair dragged himself off the ground, rubbing his left cheek with a paw somewhat warily. He obviously hadn’t expected me to hit him.

“I only did it for you,” he said grudgingly. As if that would make everything better. What did he know about me anyway? If he had a clue what I wanted, he would not have sent Rye to the one Pokemon that was trying to doom us all. I now had no idea what had happened to him; what kind of foothold Darkrai could have left in his body. For all I knew, he could be plotting his revenge through Rye. I couldn’t trust the Elekid anymore. I couldn’t trust Altair. I couldn’t trust anyone. I was alone.

“Get away from me,” I muttered sourly towards the Pikachu. “Go away. I never want to see you again.”

Altair took a few steps towards me, raising a paw as if hurt by my remark. But I wasn’t having any of it. I’d had enough of all this otherworldly crap. And I didn’t need his.

“I said go away!” I lashed out again but the Pikachu dodged, catching my paw mid-strike. He was obviously ready for this one. With a slight tug he drew me inwards, cradling me into his chest. I struggled to free myself, but he had me in a grip so tight that breathing was almost becoming impossible. I was weak, unable to do anything. Powerless. It took a moment for me to register the wet liquid that clung to my fur, trickling down my face. I was crying.

“I’m sorry,” came the muted whisper from Altair. He pressed his head into my shoulder, like a child that was begging for forgiveness. “I never wanted to hurt you, but it seems that is all I keep doing.”

I finally ceased my struggles, taking in the Pikachu’s words. Maybe I had been unfair to hit him. But I was so angry. He had no right to say that. How could he do such a thing? He knew what Rye meant to me. His jealousy would only get in the way; he had to know that. The voice inside my head grew louder with each passing moment, uttering the truth I so desperately did not want to hear.

Rye was already tainted, Altair had no choice. It was Darkrai’s doing. He had no choice. It was his fault. All his fault. You were wrong.

“I was wrong.” I drew in a sharp breath as I admitted it to myself. I had been wrong. There was nothing anyone could do once Darkrai had set his plan in motion. It had not been Altair’s fault; it had been Darkrai’s. And he had known that Rye would seek him out, just as surely as he had known I would blame Altair. That monstrous deity. He would pay.

I couldn’t muster up the words to tell Altair I was sorry, because I was still angry with him. But I hoped telling him I was wrong would be enough. It was a start.

“Hey, Zanna.” I felt the warm, muted whisper on my shoulder again, and muttered in response. “This is going to bruise, you know.” I laughed somewhat shakily and withdrew from the Pikachu’s embrace, pushing him away lightly.

“I was hoping it would.” I brushed the last of the tears from my face, and was suddenly very conscious of how I’d let Altair see me break down like that right in front of him. Some strong Pokemon I was.

“You are not weak,” he told me, reading me like a book. “You are a very strong Pikachu who a lot of bad things have happened to. You have every right to break down once in a while. If you hold it all in, Zanna, you’re going to explode.” He offered me a small smile, but it was unstable at best. Altair lowered his voice a little, and took hold of my eyes. “I would take away your pain, if I could. But I am unable to.”

“It’s alright. I seem to be able to deal with things better while in this form,” I gestured to my white hue. “And anyway, it’s the thought that counts. Thanks,” I said awkwardly, not quite sure how to take his comment. It was odd that I couldn’t seem to stay mad at him, even though I very much wanted to.

He took me in for a moment, and once again, held out a paw. “Come, I want you to take a walk with me.”

I was hesitant to take the offered paw, but at this moment in time I had little choice. “I will come with you if you answer some of my questions,” I told him. I needed answers and I was sure Altair was the one to give them to me. He didn’t reply, but his eyes held a silent promise as I put my paw in his.

“There is a prophecy,” Altair spoke slowly, darting his eyes to the walls around us, “that tells of two powerful beings. I have determined that one of them is you.” He squeezed my paw a little tighter at the words and a sickening feeling began to enter the pit of my stomach. Through our hold, I could sense Altair’s feelings flowing into me. It was almost as if he had wanted this to happen, as if he didn’t want to hide them from me. Or did he want me to come to a conclusion before he said it?

“And the other?” I asked when he didn’t continue. The dreaded feeling in my stomach rose.

“The other is…I…am still trying to work out.” Altair suddenly dropped my paw and turned to me, placing his paws on my shoulders. “Listen to me, Zanna. Whatever happens please know it is for the future of Talzere. And this future must come to fruition.”

“Altair…?” The Pikachu was strangely starting to scare me. “What do you know?”

“The…the battle between you and Deoxys is going to be tough. You are going to need all the help you can get. I cannot see whether you will win or not, but…” He stopped abruptly and held my gaze, eyes quivering. Were they quivering? “No matter what happens, you will be safe.” He released his hold on me and turned to walk away.

I blinked. “That’s it? The battle is going to be tough, but I will be safe? Does that mean I won’t die?” Nothing. “Altair?”

“It’s time for you to go back,” he muttered, not bothering to turn to me as he spoke.

“Wait! I still need you to answer my questions!” Without realising it, Altair had created more questions for me to ask, instead of leaving answers.

“Not this time, Zanna. I have somewhere I need to be. And so do you.” He turned to me with a slight smile upon his lips, but it was odd. It looked forced. “In due time I will answer everything you have to ask, but now is not it. Just remember; you will be safe. Whatever happens, I can guarantee that.”

“How? I pressed, taking a step forwards. “How can you possibly know that?”

“Because even if your saviour never comes for you, I will not allow you to die. It is not your destiny to die at the hands of Deoxys. If he tries to harm you, I will stop him.”

“But what can you do from the Farplane?” My brow furrowed. “I thought there was nothing you could do from here?”

The white Pikachu drew in a breath, slowly, taking a step in my direction. He had closed the distance between us, and though he was not close enough to physically touch me, I felt sparks radiate between us.

“I will not let you die.” He pursed his lips again and placed a hand upon my chest, where my heart would be. I suddenly felt very tired. He was sending me back.

“No…” I tried to call out. I had questions I needed to ask him. “Altair…” I flailed about and felt my fingers grasp soft fur. Without even thinking, I latched onto it, curling it within my paws. There was something about the way he said it, but I knew he was telling the truth. He wouldn’t let me die. I wanted to hold onto that so badly it hurt. I was scared beyond belief, but if he was able to save me, I wanted to stay as close to that shield as possible.

A warmth surrounded my paws, prying my fingers gently from their hold. I was too weak, unable to fight back, and the frightened feeling within me grew. Then, as everything became white, a sudden calm overcame me and I revelled in it, knowing it was Altair’s doing.

“Thank you,” I managed to whisper before the hold on my paws faded into nothingness.

~*~

My eyes snapped open. Jumbled words began to reach my ears, and it was a moment before I realised I was back at the Missionary, and they were Rye’s words. He was still talking. I had been returned to the exact time I had left. I turned my head slowly to peer at Virok, who was still staring with shock at Rye’s form. The latter seemed to be enjoying his cowardice.

A prophecy that tells of two powerful beings… Why wouldn’t he tell me what happened to those two beings? One of them was me…so who was the other? My eyes swivelled back towards Rye, and the sinking feeling that had come upon me when I was with Altair returned. No, it couldn’t be…

“I am giving you one last chance,” Rye’s words interrupted my thoughts. “Step down from here and you will be spared. You know this is not the right way to defeat Deoxys. It never was. The Light Pokemon is.”

“P-preposterous!” Virok stammered, glaring towards his son. “I know what is best for everyone! The Light Pokemon will never defeat Deoxys! It didn’t even work the last time now, did it?”

I felt a stab of anguish at the words, and knew he was referring to Altair. My paws subconsciously balled themselves into fists. He had some nerve speaking about Altair like that in front of me. I felt Rye’s gaze shift in my direction, and the instant I met his cold, glazed red eyes, my vision swam. It was as though his darkness was able to disrupt the light within me…and leave nothing but a black void in its wake. He quickly looked away.

“Zanna is the only way,” he repeated firmly. “I do not wish to fight you, but you leave me little choice.” He readied a battle stance, waiting for Virok to make the first move. I had never wanted this, but I could see now that the Electivire was not going to listen to reason. Messing around with dark forces had tainted him, warped him beyond repair. I felt horrible for what Rye had to do, but I could see it was the only way. As he had told me I was the only way. Perhaps he could bring Virok to understand physically, if words would not reach him.

Eon lay a few feet behind me, and I ran to her, using all my strength to push the rubble that covered her body away. My eyes scanned the floor for where Tali had been, and luckily, nothing had fallen on her. But the Buizel had again been rendered unconscious from the tremor. This was dangerous; I needed to heal them. I set about placing my paw over the Larvitar’s chest, and took in a deep breath, closing my eyes. It was easy now to feel the light that flew from my body into hers. I noted that it was also getting easier to tap into my powers. But I could feel the strain it left on my body, as I was gradually beginning to weaken. Tali would have to wait.

The next sound that met my ears was a loud crack. Virok had come in contact with Rye, and the two sparked electricity about their bodies wildly. It was like an untamed storm; Virok’s white hot lightning, and Rye’s dark black. Virok let a paw fly towards the Elekid who managed to grasp it within his own, and then knocked it back effortlessly. Virok stumbled, again surprised by Rye’s power. Even though the Elekid was hardly larger than a speck to him, he was able to hold his own against the towering Electivire. It was the first and only time I felt a glimmer of gratitude towards Darkrai. As soon as I realised it was there, I dismissed it entirely, scolding myself for such a thought.

Both father and son were now locked in an all-out war. The two Pokemon were exchanging blows one after another, neither seeming to connect in a way that would deal harm. I wondered if the two would become exhausted before anyone was severely hurt. It pained me to sit by idly and watch Rye deal out attacks against his father. I wanted to help him, to push him aside so I could deal with the mess myself, but it wouldn’t do. His pride was at stake now, and I had to let acts take their own course. Even if it meant…even if it meant he might be injured beyond repair. My head shook back and forth, negating the ill thoughts that clouded my mind. At this rate I would only worry myself to death.

Rye raised his arms in a deft motion to quickly insert a barrier between himself and Virok. With another few movements he called upon more barriers, this time situated between the fight and myself, shielding the three of us – Eon, Tali and I – from further harm. Raising a paw to the shield placed before me, I felt a rippling effect as I touched the cool surface. It was void of any feeling; it just was. I realised that if I willed it, I was able to draw parts of my body through the barrier to the other side. It protected me from incoming harm, but I was able to go through it if I wished. Upon seeing my efforts, however, Rye waved his paw again and I was instantly repelled. Now, from where I lay, I saw the shield change shape, rippling and creeping upwards until it held the form of a dome. A dome that acted like a cage. As soon as my paw came in contact with the cool surface once more, it was repelled effortlessly. We were trapped.

I scowled, eyeing Rye with disdain. So he thought he was able to keep me from interfering? Well, we would have to see about that. The Elekid was now entirely focused on Virok once more, who had broken through his barrier and was readying a Thunder attack in his direction. But would electricity work? It certainly hadn’t when I had tried.

Virok released the charge and it jolted towards Rye with the intent to kill. When it was but a foot from him, however, the Elekid raised a paw to the incoming attack, the electrical current dispersing into thin air.

The smirk that had seen fit to place itself upon Virok’s face was now wiped clean. Obviously he wasn’t expecting that to happen. “DAMN YOU, YOU-GRR!” Unable to find words satisfying enough to pester his son, he merely started on the offensive again, dealing blow, after blow, after blow.

I was fed up with being inside a cage, and I wanted out. Damn his pride, this was not right! A son and father should not have to fight like this! I drilled my paw against the shield, watching a spiral flow outwards from where I’d made contact. “Rye! Let me out of here! I know you’re trying to protect me, but I want to help you!” When no reply came, I hit the shield again with more force, but it only served to send a searing pain up my arm to my shoulder. I flinched backwards. “This is not the time!”

My mind began to tingle, and I felt a familiar presence that was not my own, but someone else’s – a presence that probed my very being. It did, however, refrain from pressing too hard upon my conscience. The hold was fragile.

You’re being childish.

That was Rye’s voice. I ran up to the wall of the shield and peered out towards him, but he made no effort to return my gaze. It would have been silly of him, anyway, unless he wanted to be pummelled into one of the boulders surrounding the room. “Childish? You’re the one being childish; you trapped me in a cage! It’s as if you don’t trust me!”

I don’t.

The reply hit me like a bucket of cold water. No, a waterfall of cold water. My mind went numb, and I found myself subconsciously paralysed.

I don’t trust you not to interfere. He is my father, so let me deal with him as I see fit.

It took a moment before my thoughts could form coherently. “Rye! Please, let me help! I can’t…I can’t…” My voice trailed off as my thoughts wandered from what I had been about to say. No, now was not the time. There would be time for that later. If there was a later. Biting my lip sourly, I resigned myself to being held as a prisoner and retreated from the wall, denying myself the pleasure of a further rebuke.

My eyes wandered the field, watching the fight continue. It was never-ending and it was painful. I could remotely sense Rye’s anguish as he fought, though he was doing his best to beat it back with the darkness that surrounded him. At least he wasn’t the animal I had encountered that night. He was mostly in control now. But I wasn’t about to admit to him that it still tore at my insides to see him this way. Urgh, it was frustrating! I need to get out of here!

[continued in next post]

Links
Old 11-09-2011, 08:17 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

At that moment my reverie was broken. A cry reached my ears and then a yell of triumph. And it did not belong to Rye. I looked up in time to see the Elekid – who appeared distracted – being knocked backed towards a boulder. Rye hit it with such force the rock instantly exploded into a thousand tiny pieces. I opened my mouth to cry out but no sound would come. My fists hammered on the barrier Rye had created; yet it still held fast, refusing to budge even an inch.

Virok lowered his battle stance and strode over to the rubble, reaching into the dust cloud and withdrawing the body of Rye, limp and black within his arm. The Elekid was not yet unconscious, but he might as well have been, for it would have saved him the pain. The Electivire slammed a paw into his face, and Rye’s slight struggling ceased. Even for all the power Darkrai had bestowed him with, there was a limit that he could not surpass. Virok was too much of a monster to be broken down; I should have seen that sooner. And now Rye was going to pay the price.

“No…” The word flowed from my mouth in a barely audible whisper, and my paws hit the barrier feebly. To my surprise it wobbled once, twice, then pooled in a puddle of grey liquid beneath my feet. That couldn’t be good.

“Well, well,” came Virok’s voice, worn and tired. “Did I not tell you that you could never beat me?! It is because I am supreme to you, Riley! And now you shall see. Now you shall bow down to my every command. Now you shall watch as I render this land helpless. Now you shall die.”

He released his grip around Rye’s neck and I watched as he fell to the floor, choking, almost lifeless. Virok lifted his foot as the Elekid managed to draw his head upwards, gazing at his father with pleading eyes. Those same emerald eyes that gave life to everything around them. The ones that were about to be extinguished. The Electivire brought his foot down.

Time halted. It ceased to exist. A strangled cry was the only sound that reached my ears, and I realised it was mine. My body was moving, running at a snail’s pace to reach the two Pokemon. Rye’s motionless body was cowering in fear, Virok’s large foot coming ever closer to his doom. The one thought that raced through my head was that I was unable to stop it. I was unable to do anything, and Rye would was going to die. My arm reached outwards, failing to grasp anything but cold air, and yet…it began to shimmer. Time slowly lurched back into its proper measurements as my arm shimmered and flickered before me, then vanished.

The next thing I knew I was screaming.

Links
Old 11-09-2011, 02:39 PM
Max0596 Offline

Send a message via MSN to Max0596

A THREE part? :O colour me suprised. And ecstatic.

...But I can't find any errors :< *grammar nazi part of me dies* awwh.

Anyway, I like the way you did this chapter. And poor misunderstood Altair. I loved that part, by the way, think it really captured her confusion and anger at the time. Bad, bad Rye, being mean to Zanna like that! MY REVIEW IS ALL OVER THE PLACE! I liked the beginning too, the way you start your chapters off is really just cool to me. The ending confuses me. She lost an arm? Ouch >.>

Closing statement here, I just didn't want to be a hipocrite. I'm always hoping people comment on my story, when I should be doing the same to others. "Do onto others as you want done onto you."

|||||||||||||||Enjoy the moment!
|||||||||||||||I take requests...if you want stuff, I mean...