Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 02:09 AM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku
Default Japanese Music?

Im just wondering how many here prefer the Japanese music to the English music in the series...? As far as I know, the only Japanese music in the dubbed Advance Generation is the Japanese intro included into the battle music, and thats it.

Still, the Japanese Advanced Generation is one of the better songs ive heard, along with Raibaru (*** Orange Islands opening). I like the Japanese 7th Season opening too, especially the video to it (Even though this is about music).

As well as talking about it, might as well give another perpose... If you have any sites with Japanese Pokemon music, feel free to post them.

PokeRepository: Many Japanese Pokemon songs on this page, including the 6th Season opening, and othersongs from the Movies, etc.
http://pokemonrepository.tripod.com/Japanese.html

Well, feel free to post comments on the Japanese Pokemon music, and how you like it compared to the English music; Whther you love or hate it.

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist
Old 09-05-2004, 02:21 PM
Missingno mystery Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Re: Japanese Music?

Well, I've only herd a few Japanese Pokemon themes (only the 5th-TV and 6th-movie with lyrics) and I have to say a bunch of them are good. Personally, I prefer over all other themes the English 2nd and 4th ones. Oh and about that site you posted, I really don't like it. I hate MP3's ! I love Midis, even though there aren't any lyrics there faster loading, and take up a LOT less space on your computer . I would Extremely honor any one how knows of any web sites with Midis for the 2nd and 4th theme Please? And any with some for the Japanese TV show and/or movies?

Last edited by Missingno mystery; 10-02-2004 at 03:05 PM.
Old 09-12-2004, 04:18 PM
Hoenn Mirror Girl Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via ICQ to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via AIM to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via MSN to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via Yahoo to Hoenn Mirror Girl

I learned to love the Japanese music when I first saw a fansub of AG (the Kanazumi Gym ep). Man, the music rocked.
Old 09-25-2004, 07:10 PM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

I think the first season theme was comical about looking for Pokemon everywhere, including under a girl's skirt! I can see why English was rewritten over that Japanese part, though I'm sure it was meant as humorous. I liked Pokemon Jukebox, favorites were 2 be a Master and on the way to Viridian City (gotta get there, on the way). I like the animation they show of 'feature episodes' even though some of them were like 2 years away (example, Ash meeting Claire took over 2 years in Johto's theme).
Old 10-02-2004, 03:44 AM
Jeikobu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via MSN to Jeikobu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Absol
Im just wondering how many here prefer the Japanese music to the English music in the series...? As far as I know, the only Japanese music in the dubbed Advance Generation is the Japanese intro included into the battle music, and thats it.
lol, I could answer this in my sleep. The Japanese music beats the heck out of the dub music completely. Each Japanese opening is far superior to the dub counterpart. And at least the Japanese version has endings, unlike the dub. I have 3 Japanese Pokemon CDs (Pocket Monsters Wishing Star of Seven Nights soundtrack (includes my favorite song, Chiisaki Mono), Pocket Monsters Perfect Collection 1997-2003 (contains all but the latest opening, and all but the latest 3 endings) and Pocket Monsters Sound Anime Collection (alot of the score from the first season of the anime)), and I listen to them all the time. They never get old. They are wonderful songs with excellent singers and terrific and creative music. I still like the first dub opening for sentimental value, and some of the stuff on that 2BA Master CD I like (and some I don't). But nothing competes with the Japanese music. People who pass it up are missing out on one incredible part of Pokemon.
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old 12-28-2004, 07:57 PM
Trainer_Kelly Offline
New Trainer

THE JAPANESE MUSIC IS WAY BETTER! I know the orignal theme...who cares about the "under the skrit of a girl" I really don't like the dubbed music. When I watch PKMN on TV, I pretend to fast foward though the beginnings...I prefer all the Japanese Music over the english. The same goes for Yu-Gi-Oh!. Not sure about Tokyo Mew Mew (Mew Mew Power) though...I actually like the dubbed theme song...

I wrote 3 letters to 4kids trying to get theme to release more uncut versions...hopefully Pokémon, TMM/MMP, and One Piece will be next.

I'm turning into Tsukino Usagi from Sailor Moon...^^;

Pokémon Rocks!~nya! XD

OCsxActual Characters sometimes are better couples then ones in the actually Show or Book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer_Kelly
Uncut is Always Better
Ok, I didn't post it, but I say that a lot...
Old 12-28-2004, 08:04 PM
Hoenn Mirror Girl Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via ICQ to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via AIM to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via MSN to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via Yahoo to Hoenn Mirror Girl

I so agree. Japanese music is a MILLION times better than 99% of the dub music I heard.

But please don't revive old threads.

*This thread has been locked until further notice...or not.