Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Wi-Fi Trading Center

Pokemon Wi-Fi Trading Center Offer your Pokemon in Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver and Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum for trade or request Pokemon for trade.

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 12:57 AM
suzyK Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Re: WiFi and GTS -{ Q and A }-

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokechampanna View Post
i understand you can only ask for pokemon that you've seen. Well I've beaten the elite four and i have the national dex, i wanna know how to see pokemon from kanto etc w/o using pal park, because i no longer have my firered/sapphire. Don't I mix records with someone? I need some help. Thanks!
No, mixing records with a person won't do anything for your Dex. You can also catch some in the wild.

You'll have to go to the trade forum and ask for Pokemon there. You know how to use the WiFi connection, right?
Old 06-17-2008, 01:02 AM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars

Wi-Fi Question: How do you get a WEP Key?
Old 06-17-2008, 01:03 AM
pokechampanna Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzyK View Post
You'll have to go to the trade forum and ask for Pokemon there. You know how to use the WiFi connection, right?
yeah, I use the GTS daily, but won't trading for individual pokemon to fill up my dex take forever?
Old 06-19-2008, 07:31 PM
Ninja TK Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ninja TK

Ok, this has been a problem for a while now...
I have wireless internet, and my DS should pick that up and make a connection, but it isn't.

I think it is because it is a secured network, maybe?
Please help me figure this out.

Banner and Avatar thanks to Lan.exe
Old 06-24-2008, 12:09 PM
dolly17 Offline
New Trainer

im havin the same sort of problems... i can connect to it from the main screen on diamond (under continue game and new game) but when i go to the gts centre it comes up with these 2 error codes... 52100 and> 61070

ne one got a idea whats gone wrong??
Old 06-25-2008, 05:44 PM
Teo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja TK View Post
Ok, this has been a problem for a while now...
I have wireless internet, and my DS should pick that up and make a connection, but it isn't.

I think it is because it is a secured network, maybe?
Please help me figure this out.
You should talk to the person who set up your network to obtain the WEP code. You can also look under the router to find a code there if I remember correctly.

To in put the code you need to go to your Wi-Fi setting. From there just click on one of the three open slots that are presented and search for an access point. From there you proceed to put in the WEP code. I hope that helped you. xP

@Dolly17: So, it lets you connect to your network from the WFC Settings yes? Have you tried sitting as close to your router as you can?

As for your error codes...

Click either error code and it'll take you to a page that will tell you in-depth what the problem is.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:23 AM
Dark Turtwig Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Turtwig Send a message via MSN to Dark Turtwig

I have a question about the GTS. I was going to get a Regice, so my brother will trade me his Registeel, (I love Steel types, (high defense)) and I was going to trade away my Celebi. I tryed to trade it, and it said "this pokemon may not be offered up for trade!" This has happened a few times with different pokemon, also I think with a Regirock. Now, both the Celebi and the Regirock I mentioned are cheated, and were "found" wild with the wild pokemon modifier cheat for the action replay. Is there some reason I can't trade them? It can't be because they know HM's, because my Celebi knows none, maybe because of a nickname, but I highly doubt it. Does anyone know what the problem is?

{Steel Leader in the*Official* Pe2k Gyms} {Dark TurtwigxThe Politoed Hunter}
Old 06-27-2008, 04:54 AM
Teo Offline

I don't think you can trade it because it is hacked. Only way you can trade that Celebi is through a regular Trade. Nintendo has been cracking down on Hacked Pokemon over the GTS.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:42 AM
jsms1095 Offline

I recently traded for a Wormadam over the GTS. I probably offered up a Shieldon, around level 20. The one that I received is level 27, but the description says that it was met at level 15. This is the only trade that I've received where the "met at level" doesn't match the current level. Is this okay or normal?

Just worrying that a hacked pokemon could make my game go all weird or something.

Thanks,

Janet
Old 07-07-2008, 01:44 AM
Teo Offline

The Pokemon is fine, no need to worry about it being hacked. It just means the person caught the said Pokemon at that level and then raised it to it's current level. :3
Old 07-13-2008, 01:03 AM
Champ Aceman Offline

My family just got a Net gear wireless router, and since it's model is WPN824 it said that I have to turn the encryption code off or something. What does that do and how do I do it?
Old 07-13-2008, 02:33 AM
shatteredrose Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to shatteredrose Send a message via MSN to shatteredrose Send a message via Yahoo to shatteredrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ Aceman View Post
My family just got a Net gear wireless router, and since it's model is WPN824 it said that I have to turn the encryption code off or something. What does that do and how do I do it?
I was looking up information about your router on Nintendo's website and it does say that the "WEP encryption must be off to connect."

My suggestion would be to ask the person who installed your router to help you turn off the encryption. But they may not want to do that. In that case, you will be unable to access the internet.

Here is where I received my information from; it could also be useful to the person who set up the router, if they choose to help you.
Nintendo's Router Support

If you were the one who set up your router, I cam help you. But I don't want to tamper with things that your parents don't want to be messed with. You should ask for their help and permission first.

October
Hatch: 198
Done: 483
VPP -- Claims -- PokePlushies

Last edited by shatteredrose; 07-13-2008 at 02:42 AM.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:34 AM
Stormdancer94 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Stormdancer94 Send a message via MSN to Stormdancer94

Ok, I have to change the security setting on my router, or whatever, from something to something, but the netgear thing gives me a warning, if you change this setting, you have to change all the other computer's that are linked to the netgear router as well! Now my dear mum doesn't want me messing with this ****... But I'm just asking you guys, have you changed this setting and had any setbacks? I have another two computers in my network, mum's and my brother's. If I kill mum's, she'll kill my Ds and then me... As will my brother.

Just curious, I'll probably ask my Dad to set it up at his place, he's a computer nut and all, but yeah, any warnings about setting changes?

EDIT: My exact router version isn't on the Nintendo Website, well, last I checked, it's a Netgear WGR614 v 7, I think the Nintendo Website only has... V6? or 5, so it's a little underdated... >> Yeah, there's my Mum's smart decision to get a new router, but it is wireless.... Preeeeetttyyyy wireless...

The Brood is growing!

Last edited by Stormdancer94; 08-04-2008 at 06:37 AM.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:18 AM
lemongirl Offline
Amateur Trainer

Exclamation Re: WiFi and GTS -{ Q and A }-

I don't have a WIFI cable if somewhere has free WIFI ascess can I serve it using my DS lite pokemondiamond/Pearl ???
Old 08-05-2008, 10:27 AM
Teo Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormdancer94 View Post
Ok, I have to change the security setting on my router, or whatever, from something to something, but the netgear thing gives me a warning, if you change this setting, you have to change all the other computer's that are linked to the netgear router as well! Now my dear mum doesn't want me messing with this ****... But I'm just asking you guys, have you changed this setting and had any setbacks? I have another two computers in my network, mum's and my brother's. If I kill mum's, she'll kill my Ds and then me... As will my brother.

Just curious, I'll probably ask my Dad to set it up at his place, he's a computer nut and all, but yeah, any warnings about setting changes?

EDIT: My exact router version isn't on the Nintendo Website, well, last I checked, it's a Netgear WGR614 v 7, I think the Nintendo Website only has... V6? or 5, so it's a little underdated... >> Yeah, there's my Mum's smart decision to get a new router, but it is wireless.... Preeeeetttyyyy wireless...
I'm not too familiar with their routers, but as long as you're still able to connect to the network with your DS it should be all good. Chances are he'll have a closed network. Just like everybody else. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemongirl View Post
I don't have a WIFI cable if somewhere has free WIFI ascess can I serve it using my DS lite pokemondiamond/Pearl ???
I'm fairly sure almost any Mcdonalds has free Wifi. So you should be able to go there and access the GTS. :3