Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Wi-Fi Trading Center

Pokemon Wi-Fi Trading Center Offer your Pokemon in Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver and Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum for trade or request Pokemon for trade.

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 12:11 AM
Eeveedude Offline

Send a message via AIM to Eeveedude
Default Re: WiFi and GTS -{ Q and A }-

its to bad i cant jst make a new thread where i woulctually get some answers!
Old 05-11-2007, 01:42 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbuffet113 View Post
I have looked at the physical router itself (which is an approved Comcast Linksys model WCG200-CC and is wireless broadband), and the number on the bottom of that is not the WEP key. When i try to connect the airport, it asks for the WEP key as well (i heard that turning on airport might make the DS online accessable). On a Mac, there isn't a category of router security, there is only a network option, where I do not think I have found the code at. The Mac's Harddrive also does not have this information.
Would it possible to get Comcast to tell me the WEP key if they are likely to know? I was not present at the installation (where it was probably established), and my mom doesn't remember it (computer spaz). Does any of this info help? thanks!
The WEP isn't physically located on anything. It is a password that someone has typed into the Router Settings. I'd probably call Comcast about it, since they were the ones who set it up, and probably put in the WEP key code.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeveedude View Post
this might sound like a dumb question but what is the cheapest wifi connector, does it work for a windows vista and can you actually use a usb cable instead?
please help!
Cheapest, probably $30-35. If you want a good router, with faster speeds, and a little better protection, $45-55 is not that much more to pay. As far as working with Windows Vista, you should check the System Requirements located on the box or simply ask the clerk at the store.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeveedude View Post
its to bad i cant jst make a new thread where i woulctually get some answers!
It's all about patience. Would you want 50 wrong answers the minute after you ask a question, or 1 correct answer an hour or two later?

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 05-11-2007, 06:10 PM
Eeveedude Offline

Send a message via AIM to Eeveedude

yipes im gonna have 2 wait till i have a job.
Old 05-12-2007, 05:23 PM
Lord Torterra Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

ok....now im confused. im able to trade with FC, but i cant use GTS! FC trading and battling works fine, but GTS never works!

^ Props to Bobby_Digital72 from Neoseeker.
Old 05-12-2007, 05:24 PM
Midnight Offline

Send a message via AIM to Midnight Send a message via MSN to Midnight Send a message via Skype™ to Midnight

Is there a USB Connector that is compatible with linksys?

Old 05-12-2007, 09:31 PM
Azumao Offline
That Whiscash Freak
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Azumao Send a message via MSN to Azumao
Default WiFi Help

I am an utter ditz on the WiFi, as in I don't know what to buy. I went to Wal-Mart, and the employee in the electronics said I had to buy a wireless router in order to use WiFi, but I'm pretty sure you don't. What I'm asking is what do you buy in order to get WiFi?
Old 05-12-2007, 09:34 PM
Ketchup Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Ketchup Send a message via MSN to Ketchup Send a message via Yahoo to Ketchup
Default Re: WiFi Help

Wikipedia Article - Picture Included

You need that, nothing else.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:11 PM
ShayHahnP Offline
New Trainer

Hi I am new, anyways I would hope someone could help me. Ok I go to the GTS lady and she lets me in. Then I say yes if I want to connect to the wifi nintendo network. Then it goes all 3 bars and goes green but after a minute it says automatically disconnecting from GTS, returning you to receptionist...mind you all of my wifi settings are good, wep key and everything. Does anyone know what the problem is?
Old 05-13-2007, 05:39 PM
Mesqueeb Offline
New Trainer

Okay we all know the Nintendo DS is diffrent from the one in US. And We can't play games from the US either.
But on online shops I find this DS/Wii Wifi USB Adapter. But those are shops from the US!
Does anyone know if this thing will work on the Nintendo DS from Europe? Because I don't find any europpean sites which sell it... :S

Thanks a lot!
-Mesqueeb

This is confusing for me

Someone told me this:
DS's are usable worldwide, and Wifi isn't region specific. I could stick a japanese Pokémon Diamond into my Canadian DS and it will work fine.
Is it?

But why can't I play US-Dvd's on my computer, because we use diffrent region codes to protect our own Economy! Isn't this the same with nintendo games! If it's all the same I could just buy cheap games in US and sell it expensive in Europe right?

And if it's identical, why do they bother to make a Europe and US release? There is really NO diffrence between the game from Europe, and the one from US, I thougth because they have to change the region-code stuff that's why we have a later release date right?
Otherwise everyone in Europe would've just let their Diamond and Pearl version shipped in from US a month ago!

I am confused please clarify some for me?
Old 05-13-2007, 06:25 PM
pika2000 Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to pika2000 Send a message via MSN to pika2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesqueeb View Post
Okay we all know the Nintendo DS is diffrent from the one in US. And We can't play games from the US either.
But on online shops I find this DS/Wii Wifi USB Adapter. But those are shops from the US!
Does anyone know if this thing will work on the Nintendo DS from Europe? Because I don't find any europpean sites which sell it... :S

Thanks a lot!
-Mesqueeb

This is confusing for me

Someone told me this:
DS's are usable worldwide, and Wifi isn't region specific. I could stick a japanese Pokémon Diamond into my Canadian DS and it will work fine.
Is it?

But why can't I play US-Dvd's on my computer, because we use diffrent region codes to protect our own Economy! Isn't this the same with nintendo games! If it's all the same I could just buy cheap games in US and sell it expensive in Europe right?

And if it's identical, why do they bother to make a Europe and US release? There is really NO diffrence between the game from Europe, and the one from US, I thougth because they have to change the region-code stuff that's why we have a later release date right?
Otherwise everyone in Europe would've just let their Diamond and Pearl version shipped in from US a month ago!

I am confused please clarify some for me?
The DS works with games from everywhere. There is no region encoding and it's not the same like with DVDs.
IIRC the DVD region encoding is to protect the DVDs from being seen ealier than they should. Some shows air a lot later in other countries, if it was region free, they could just get the DVDs from the US and not even bother watching.

The DS games probably have a separate release for Europe, because the games need to be translated (not everyone in Europe will get English games).
Most online shops don't ship the US games to Europe, because Nintendo also wants their European sellers to make money.

I'm not sure if everything I said is correct, but that's what I believe.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:40 PM
Mesqueeb Offline
New Trainer

But I am from Belgium! They never translate anything, and neither do we want that! The game just stays in plain old English. :D
So there must be SOME reason why the game didn't launch equally here, with the release of the US... Right?

-Mesqueeb
Old 05-14-2007, 09:59 PM
Lord Voldemort Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Lord Voldemort

Thanks so much to everyone that helped me, my DS's WiFi Connection is up and running.
Sorry to anyone that sees this as spam.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:52 PM
mjb4991 Offline
Banned

Sigh, I finally got connection on my router and it is not working now. I realy can't find a working WEP code for my Belkin F5D7230-4 54g Wireless Router. What should I do?
Old 05-14-2007, 11:56 PM
pika2000 Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to pika2000 Send a message via MSN to pika2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesqueeb View Post
But I am from Belgium! They never translate anything, and neither do we want that! The game just stays in plain old English. :D
So there must be SOME reason why the game didn't launch equally here, with the release of the US... Right?

-Mesqueeb
They translate it to German for the German speaking countries :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb4991 View Post
Sigh, I finally got connection on my router and it is not working now. I realy can't find a working WEP code for my Belkin F5D7230-4 54g Wireless Router. What should I do?
How exactly have you been looking for the key?
You set it in your router's configuration.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:00 AM
mjb4991 Offline
Banned

Nintendowifi.com. How do i set it in?
Closed Thread