Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 05-05-2007, 03:44 AM
Eiyoko Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Eiyoko Send a message via MSN to Eiyoko
Default Crime and Punishment (PG-13ish)

~*Chapter One: The Omen*~

The woods were an excellent place to be alone. Many parents warned their children never to go near them, and the only time any adults went in there was to tutor new trainers.

It was late evening; Colin could hardly see a thing underneath the branches of the trees. Perfect to ward off anyone from town. It wouldn’t be long before some ghosts began to show up.

Colin ran his fingers through his chestnut brown hair, sighing as he reflected on what had occurred moments before. He and his father had gotten into another argument that had led to Colin’s hatred for Luxrays, as always. His stepmother could probably have stopped the argument, but she was on a business trip.

This was the worst summer vacation in his entire life.

Colin picked up a nearby rock and clutched it tightly. If that couldn’t relieve his stress, he could throw it at something. A tree perhaps… Or maybe a bush. If he was lucky, a pokémon would walk by. Anything to take his mind off of the argument that he had just had with his father earlier…

The very thought of it made him shudder. Ever since his stepmother moved in, Colin found it hard to concentrate on anything. He simply couldn’t get any peace with that woman hovering over him all the time. He just wanted to be left alone sometimes, but she always insisted on “trying to make him happy”. Yeah, right. As if that was going to help.

Just thinking about her made Colin want to beat up something.

As if on cue, a squeak erupted from the nearby foliage. Out of them wandered a rather confused-looking Shinx, its tail twitching nervously. Colin sneered at it – when a Shinx was fully grown, it was known as a Luxray.

They were the type of pokémon that he hated.

Colin hurled the stone at the Shinx; hitting it square on its rump. The Shinx cried out loudly. Colin reached for the ground to pick up another rock.

Just as he did, a low growl erupted from behind him. He turned cautiously around to see a Luxray – but not the usual shade of blue; this one was gold. Waves of thunder ran continuously down its fur, its eyes gleaming brightly in the night.

And it looked very angry.

The Luxray charged forward, lashing him across the chest with its tail.

Colin felt his limbs freeze in sudden paralysis. His mind was screaming in terror, urging him to flee.

No! He thought. I’m not scared! This is my chance! This is my chance to-

The Luxray lunged at him. Colin felt the paralysis ebbing and be made a desperate attempt to escape. Just as he managed to stand he almost broke into a run, but the Luxray was faster. Colin screamed as he felt its teeth sink deep into his leg. Slowly yet surely, he felt himself weakening.

After what seemed like hours to Colin, he felt the fangs withdraw from his calf. His energy returning at a quickened rate, he scrambled to his feet and fled the woods as quickly as he could possibly manage. Forget blowing steam. He would much rather prefer to stay alive, thank you very much.

Colin entered through the back door again, gasping for breath. His stepmother, whom had been washing dishes nearby, stared blankly at him. “Are you okay, sweetie? You look like you’ve seen a gastly.”

Colin nodded in response, not feeling the courage to speak. He didn't care if she was worried about him - he was not about to show her any gratitude.

“Well, hurry up and go to bed. I’m leaving for Sandgem tomorrow morning, and I can’t have you keeping me up past ten.”

Colin simply shrugged and headed upstairs to bed, suddenly feeling exhausted. He didn’t even want to think about how he was going to deal with tomorrow.

Old 05-05-2007, 02:12 PM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey
Default Re: Crime and Punishment (PG-13ish)

Hmm. Pretty good, so far. It's a good start, but you could at least tell me what town/city they were in, and what type of ghosts were there. Also, Pokemon need to be capitalized! They're like names, sort of. Overall, I'd give this beginning an 8.5/10.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:47 PM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffreys-Darkness View Post
Hmm. Pretty good, so far. It's a good start, but you could at least tell me what town/city they were in, and what type of ghosts were there. Also, Pokemon need to be capitalized! They're like names, sort of. Overall, I'd give this beginning an 8.5/10.
That's a matter of style, I don't think pokemon need to be capitalized. That's like saying:
'The Dog ran down the road.'
The only time it needs to be capitalized is if the trainer calls it by that name aka:
'Becuase he had named it when he was very young, the dog was just 'Dog' to everyone in the village.'

Anyway, I will reveiw sometime next week, I just needed to say that :)

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 05-06-2007, 11:26 PM
Eiyoko Offline
Experienced Trainer

~*Chapter Two: Total War*~

Colin felt very odd the next morning. His sheets clung to him as if he were sweaty all over. His clothes felt similarly, yet at the same time they felt very, very loose. He itched all over… What time was it, anyway?

Colin yawned widely and attempted to sit up…but he couldn’t. He tried again, but to no avail. One more attempt and he was sent tumbling off the side of his bed.

The fall was actually longer than normal. When he landed, Colin made an effort to stand and once again failed. It was as if his arms and legs had shrunk in length.

Finally, he opened his eyes. What met him was a shock. He no longer had hands or feet…but paws. His ears were bigger and rounder. His face had a muzzle for his nose and mouth. He even had a tail. What caught his attention most, however, was his sky-blue fur. The color fur that the Shinx had. But all this could only mean…

“Get used to it, kid. You brought it upon yourself.”

Yelping in surprise, Colin went to make a run for it. The only thing he succeeded in doing, however, was slipping all over the wood floor and falling flat on his belly when he managed to stand. Only then did he notice a pokémon sitting on his bed.

“Who the hell are you supposed to be?!” Colin cried.

The bibarel let out a loud laugh. “Did I scare you, shinx-boy?” It leapt off of the bed and strode casually up to Colin. “The name’s Marcus. Lukko sent me to fetch you.”

“Fetch?” Colin echoed.

“Yeah,” Marcus replied, his face suddenly turning serious – a look anyone would find hard to imagine on a bibarel’s visage. “But before that, I gatta show you something. Follow me.” Marcus headed quietly out of Colin’s room. Colin followed.

As they headed down the stairs (with some difficulty), Colin stared around at his surroundings with shock. Curtains were torn, windows shattered, furniture upturned. Something had clawed at the walls, floor and ceiling; the gashes were deep. Marcus calmly led Colin to his father’s bedroom, where the most damage had been done.

“What happened here?!” Colin demanded.

Marcus shook his head. “Your father’s been kidnapped.”

“By who?”

“We don’t know. The scent of humans wreaks here, but also the scent of persians…”

“Who would want to kidnap Dad…?”

Marcus rubbed his nose before replying. “No idea. Lukko’s trying to investigate, but it’s difficult even coming up with a plan.”

Colin sat down, staring down at his feet…paws. “What should I do?” he asked quietly.

“Well, Lukko did send me to get you, so you’d best be coming with me.”

Colin hung his head and stood, obediently following Marcus. “What’s going to happen to me?”

“Don’t worry,” Marcus said cheerfully. “Lukko’s not all that bad; she’ll make sure you stay safe.”

~*~*~

The woods were full of life by day, especially from a shinx’s eye view. Colin stuck close to Marcus – he didn’t trust anything around him.

At long last, Marcus halted at the entrance to a cave hidden behind a cluster of bushes. “Go on in, kid,” the bibarel said, smiling. “Someone should meet you in the entrance.”

Colin blinked at Marcus. “Where’re you going?”

“I’ve got my own clan to report to. I’ve kept them waiting too long. Laters, kid! Best of luck to you!” With that, Marcus ran off toward the lake. Left on his own, Colin awkwardly made his way into the cavern, where he found a luxio waiting for him.

“Who goes there?” the luxio asked, teeth bared.

“Um…” Colin began. “A bibarel named Marcus brought me here. He said Lukko sent him to get me.”

The Luxio stood at ease. “I see. Come with me then.”

Colin did his best to follow the luxio. The caverns were lit by small fires scattered about in corners here and there. Various shinx, luxio and luxrays wandered about doing their own errands, paying no mind to the stranger.

After what seemed like hours, a vast chamber opened up before Colin and his guide. There stood three luxrays, the one in the center having a difference that set it aside from the others. Its fur…instead of being blue, it was gold.

The gold-furred luxray stepped forward. “Welcome, cub. I am Lukko, the leader of the Kruon pack.”

“You…” Colin stood his ground as best as he knew how, which actually wasn’t very good. “You’re the one that attacked me!”

“Correction,” Lukko replied tightly. “I am the one that defended my own kin from your meaningless harm. That aside, we have more important matters to discuss…”

Last edited by Eiyoko; 05-08-2007 at 08:00 PM.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:14 PM
Sceptile Frost Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Sceptile Frost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffreys-Darkness View Post
Actually, I disagree. You don't really need to know where you live in the very first chapter. After all, Eiyoko is using a POV that closely follows Colin, and I'm sure if you were he, you wouldn't be thinking about your hometown all the time. You can go for days without naming it in your mind.

Also, Pokemon species don't really need to be capitalized. Its all the way you do it. I capitalize them, but I'm okay with the other way. As long as you keep it consistent.

[Will review when I get home, and will edit it in.]
Old 05-08-2007, 11:53 PM
Eiyoko Offline
Experienced Trainer

(I know, chapter 3 is kinda short, but that line just seemed like a good place to end! ^^; Working on chappie 4!)

~*Chapter Three: Enter the Luxray*~

Colin could hardly believe his ears. There was a more important matter to the luxrays than his misbehavior? Could it possibly have anything to do with what happened with his father? “Why did-“

“SILENCE!” bellowed the luxray on the right. “Have you no sense of respect?!”

Lukko twitched her tail toward the strong-seeming luxray. “That is not necessary, Zuberi,” the golden-haired pokémon said. “Can you not see the poor cub’s confusion?”

Zuberi winced in shame. “My apologies, ma’am.”

Lukko turned back to Colin. “What is your name, cub?”

Colin held his ground, hoping his stance would convey a meaning along the lines of, “Don’t mess with me or I’ll beat you up!”

“Cub! What is your name?”

“Lukko,” said the other luxray, its slim (and yet wise somehow) form emerging from the darkness. “Might I have a word?”

Lukko’s expression was hard to read. “Yes, Chipo.”

Chipo looked contemplative for a moment, then she turned her gaze to Lukko. “Humans call their young ‘children’, the single form of the word being ‘child’. Further, it is normally considered an insult to be called such a thing at almost any age, and for this…well, when he was a human he would more readily accept the term ‘young man’.” Chipo then stepped back.

“Very well,” Lukko said softly, “Thank you, Chipo.” She turned back to Colin. “Young man… What is your name?”

“Why should I tell you?” Colin growled. He almost jumped in surprise – he didn’t know how to growl before then, and he just did it. Maybe it was a shinx thing.

Chipo and Zuberi scampered back in shock, a look of absolute terror spread on their faces. Lukko remained still, and replied tightly. “You should mind your tongue around me, child. I do not intend to harm you, but if you insist on keeping this up I will have to take measures that I would rather not go near. I only ask your name.”

“Colin.”

Lukko nodded gently. “Colin, then. Quite a fitting name if you ask me.” Lukko strode forward, stopping when she was only a few feet from Colin. “Colin… It seems we were fated to meet.”

Colin held his ground, but looked confused. “What do you mean?”

“You may sit at ease. No luxray would ever harm his own kin; not here in the wild.”

Somehow, Colin knew Lukko was telling the truth. Reluctantly, he sat down.

Lukko continued. “First, I need to make some things clear before I do any more explaining. Should you harm any shinx, luxio or luxray that has done you no harm, you will be considered an outcast and we will refuse to protect you. You will not challenge authority unless you expect to become authority, and if you want to become authority you will literally have to fight for it. Treat the current authority with respect, obedience and care if you wish to get along in our pack. Do I make myself clear?”

Colin nodded. There was definitely a leadership air around Lukko. She was strict, yes, but she did not seem cruel in the least manner. Colin listened carefully to Lukko’s words, making a mental note to save questions for later. Just the thought of interrupting Lukko seemed like a bad idea.

“After you fled me last night, I sent a few friends of mine to keep an eye on you until you were fully transformed. Very early the next morning, a little while after your…stepmother set out for ‘Sandgem’, a most powerful pokémon broke into your home. One of the scouts I sent apparently stayed with you to assure your safety; the other two battled the intruder. In the end, their efforts were in vain, and your father was kidnapped. Luckily, no one was seriously harmed. After reporting the battle to the scout, the warriors reported to me the events that had occurred, and I sent for you immediately. Now that you are here, I can rest easily knowing that you are safe.”

“That’s not all, is there?”

Lukko hesitated. If she was surprised at all, she was doing a superb job hiding it. “What do you mean, cub?”

Colin scratched his ear for a moment – surprising himself once again in the meantime. “You’re not telling me everything, are you? It’s not exactly logical in a situation like this to just get me over here and sigh in relief knowing I’m not dead.”

“INSOLENCE!” Zuberi bellowed.

“DISRESPECT!” Chipo cried.

Lukko stood, turned to the luxrays standing behind her, and let out a ferocious roar that shook the caverns. Her opposers shrank back in cowardice, and Lukko turned casually back to Colin. “If you were any other cub you would have severe punishment for that,” she said admiringly, “but not only is that the most intelligent response I could have ever received, but you are also concerned about your future. That is natural; you need not feel shame for that.”

Colin tilted his head again. “I just want to know what is going to happen to me now.”

“We need your assistance.”

Colin thought someone had hit him on the head – a likely scenario, seeing as it wasn’t every day you ended up in the body of a shinx. “Wha…?”

“The pokémon that kidnapped your father… We want to track him down.”

Colin felt himself stiffen. “For some reason, that doesn’t sound easy.”

Lukko shook her head. “You underestimate this case. It will be far from easy. The pokémon in question used to be a human.”

Old 05-09-2007, 02:36 AM
Eiyoko Offline
Experienced Trainer

~*Chapter Four: Forgotten Legends*~

Long ago, there were the ancients – a race of humans gifted with powers that surpassed even the most powerful of pokémon. These ancients were a peaceful sort and sought only the Ultima Chain…A weapon capable of destroying the entire planet.

One of the ancients, a young boy, never understood his people’s intention. They claimed that they wanted nothing more than peace, so why did they insist on having this weapon? The boy set off on a journey to find the reason, but was never seen again.

Not long after the boy’s disappearance, something – or someone, no one knows – triggered the Ultima Chain. The result was a huge explosion that destroyed the ancients’ entire home continent. It is said that a few of the ancients escaped to the mainlands, disguising themselves as humans. As for the Ultima Chain, it has long been either lost or destroyed. The boy whom set off to find reason behind his tribe’s actions would never be able to return home.

Colin tilted his head. “What does all this mean?”

Lukko turned her narrow gaze to him. “You may guess if you’d like.”

Colin furrowed his eyebrows in thought. “Well, the Ultima Chain had to have been on their continent… Maybe that boy was after the Ultima Chain to see what it was like for himself. Maybe the boy set it off, and was transformed into a pokémon at the same time?”

The golden luxray next to him nodded. “Yes. He had to have fled here to the mainlands. He is most likely the one that kidnapped your father. Was your father a person of any importance, if you do not mind my asking?”

Colin was slightly taken aback, but he nodded. “He’s one of Professor Rowan’s aides.”

Lukko lifted an eyebrow. “Rowan?”

Colin nodded.

Lukko looked off to the side as if in a daze. “Then we should pay him a visit.”

If Colin’s jaw dropped any further, it’d be on the ground. “Are you insane?!”

“I thought I told you that I’m Lukko.”

“No, no, no, I mean…uh, er…”

Lukko made a motion that Colin guessed was supposed to be a shrug. “It’s not that dangerous. Sandgem isn’t far from here; stay close to me and you’ll be fine.”

“But my stepmo-“

“I’ll see to it that she leaves you alone.”

Colin somehow managed to keep his composure. “Um…if it helps any, she’s terrified of starlies for some weird reason…”

Lukko gave Colin a most curious look. “That will do perfectly.”

~*~*~

“I still don’t see how a human is going to help us,” Colin hissed as quietly as he could while he, Lukko and a quite spirited starly named Ayo snuck through the tall grass on their way to Sandgem town.

“Leave this to me,” Lukko replied. “I have ways of communicating with Rowan. Besides, if your stepmother comes near, we have Ayo to take care of that.”

Ayo chirped in agreement.

“Here we are…Sandgem.”

“Yeah, I can see the lab. What now?”

Lukko turned to Ayo, whom sat on Colin’s back. “The signal, if you will, Ayo.”

The starly grinned. “With pleasure!” Ayo flew briskly into the town just as a familiar-looking woman exited the pokémart.

“That’s her!” Colin said. “She might see us!”

“Don’t count on it,” Lukko replied casually.

“MUUKKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!”

Colin watched in amusement as his stepmother dropped her bags and began screeching like the rusted front door of the world’s scariest haunted house.

“That’s our signal,” Lukko explained. “Follow me.”

The two darted for the lab, racing through the partially-open front door. Once they had entered, they screeched to a halt as the door closed and locked behind them.

In front of them was a table. Standing over it was a tall man with white hair, wearing a laboratory coat. The air around him seemed superior to the other humans that wandered about the lab. Something about him even frightened Colin in a way.

“Wow,” Colin said quietly. “He sure looks intimidating.”

The professor turned to look at the boy-turned-shinx. “David’s boy, aren’t you?”

Colin blinked in surprise. “You understand what I’m saying?”

“Mind your tongue, cub,” Lukko said firmly.

Rowan waved it off. “It’s fine, Lukko. I’ve known Colin to be ill-mannered ever since his mother died five years ago.”

Lukko swiftly returned her gaze to Colin. This time, her face was not expressionless – it was full of concern and worry. Colin defiantly looked away, loudly muttering, “Nunya business.”

Rowan strode over to the two and knelt down to Lukko’s eye level. “Is the pack doing well?”

“Nevermind that,” Lukko said sternly. “There is an important matter that I must discuss with you.”

“It involves the Ultima Chain, doesn’t it?”

Lukko seemed slightly dumbfounded. “How did you know, professor?”

“Someone came here just an hour ago asking about it.”

“Who?”

“Not who. What.”

Lukko hesitated, so Colin spoke instead. “You mean…”

“Yes. The individual in question was a pokémon.”

Old 05-09-2007, 11:09 PM
Eiyoko Offline
Experienced Trainer

~*Chapter Five: The World Outside*~

“Eadwig, huh?” Colin said lowly, feeling the fur along his spine prickling.

Professor Rowan, whom now sat on a floor cusion, nodded. “Yes. He was rather rude, actually.”

“What did he do?”

“Nothing threatening. He was mostly impatient and disrespectful.”

Colin turned his eager gaze to Lukko. “Do you think it’s him?” He asked excitedly.

Lukko ignored him. “Professor, I believe the cub is not familiar with the subject of the ancients. Would you care to fill him in?”

The Professor nodded. “Young man,” he said to Colin, “What do you know about the ancients?”

Colin felt the odd sensation that he usually got at school when his teacher called on him to answer a question. “Um…they lived a long time ago, they were powerful, they were looking for the Ultima Chain, and they were peaceful?”

“Powerful in what manner exactly?”

The feeling got worse. “Uh…I can’t really be specific, other than that no pokémon could match their power.”

Rowan nodded. “That’s a start. I believe I should fill in the rest.” He leaned forward slightly. “The ancients were capable of many extraordinary powers. Telepathy, telekinesis, levitation, mind control, divination, and even elemental magic were commonplace. As time went on, the gods foresaw their beloved race turning on them and destroying them in the future. Thus, the powers were greatly weakened, almost in vain; the power they held was still great.

“The ancients, whom had used their powers in their environment regularly, were crippled by this turn of events. Eventually, they found out about the gods’ actions and were greatly angered. They retained their peaceful appearance until they discovered rumors of the Ultima Chain. Lusting for the power to achieve revenge against the gods, the ancients studied the myth very carefully. One of them, a little boy, disappeared one day, leaving behind only a note that said he was searching for the Ultima Chain. No reason was given.

“It was only days later that the continent was destroyed. The few surviving ancients (whom also happened to be the kind-hearted ones, and therefore outcasts) made it to the mainland somehow, and have blended in with humans ever since. If anyone with an ancient in their bloodline survives, the powers of the ancients will still survive, though they will be pitifully weak; some of the traits might even be gone altogether. Add the consideration of not even knowing that one possesses these powers and one might say that the ancients are indeed completely extinct.”

Colin furrowed his eyebrows in thought. “But that boy…assuming he’s the pokémon you met, does he still have his powers?”

“Most definitely.”

Colin felt his ears droop as he began to sulk. “That’s reassuring…”

“You’re forgetting something, cub.”

Colin turned his gaze to Lukko miserably. “Like what?”

“He’s after the Ultima Chain, not us.”

“But he kidnapped my father!”

Rowan gave Colin his rare smile. “Your father is an information source. He will not be harmed until the Ultima Chain is found.”

“But what is the Ultima Chain?”

“An amulet of power so great that humankind cannot describe it respectfully enough.”

“Not good…who knows what he might do with that sort of thing???”

“Not anything peaceful, that’s for sure,” Lukko said abrasively.

“Then we’ve gatta get the Ultima Chain first!”

A long, awkward silence followed Colin’s statement. Rowan and Lukko were both staring at him as though he were insane.

Colin didn’t notice. “What?” he asked, scratching behind his ear.

“Cub,” Lukko growled, “do you have any idea what your proposal entails?! We don’t even know where to find the Ultima Chain!”

Rowan nodded in agreement. “Lukko’s right, young man. We have little to go by; however, any respectable scientist can make educated guesses if given the right information.”

“Meaning?”

Rowan’s eyes twinkled mysteriously. “I think I may know where to find some clues.”

~*~*~

“What is it, Pikachu?”

Pikachu whimpered and motioned toward a nearby house. Of all the pleasant little houses in Twinleaf, the one in question looked quite old and decrepit. With excitement, Ash Ketchum began to wonder if it was abandoned…or better yet, haunted. Sinnoh was a lot bigger than he expected – and a lot more mysterious.

A passing woman noticed his curiosity. “Sad story behind that house,” she said. “The stepmother never returned from a business trip, the father was kidnapped, and their son simply disappeared.”

“When did that happen?”

“Just yesterday. The local eccentric insists that the son was transformed into a bibarel by some demonic shinx, but no one believes him.”

Ash rubbed his head. For once he was too late to save the day. “What’s ganna happen to the house?”

The woman shrugged casualy. “No one knows. Everyone stays away from it, but every now and then one of the children gets dared to go inside. The most they ever do is take one step in, though.”

Ash began heading for the house, Pikachu following him closely. “I think I’ll take a look,” he said calmly.

The woman also began to walk away. “Don’t blame me if a gastly gets to you,” she called over her shoulder.

Ash had better things to worry about.

~*~*~

“I could have guessed Hearthome would be the place to go,” Colin said as he and Lukko trekked through the forest. “It’s the biggest city on the continent.”

“Getting rumors will be difficult,” Lukko pointed out. “Wherever there is a city, there are always plenty of humans.”

Colin winced. Lukko was right. They couldn’t just waltz up to someone and ask something along the lines of, “Hello there! Have you seen a suspicious-looking pokémon whom is looking for the Ultima Weapon so he can blow up the planet?” It was definitely out of the question.

A nearby sound in the bushes popped Colin’s thoughts like a soap bubble. “You hear that, Lukko?” he whispered.

Lukko nodded. “I smell it, too. Two humans, and a pokémon that I do not recognize…

Just as Colin caught a whiff of the scent, a net sprung up from underneath him and Lukko…

~*~*~

(Author's Note: Canon > Sues ~ I had the idea of Colin helping a trainer some way or another, but I couldn't think of a way to do it without ending up using a sue. So, I decided to use a canon character instead.)

Last edited by Eiyoko; 05-09-2007 at 11:12 PM.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:08 PM
Eiyoko Offline
Experienced Trainer

~*Chapter Six: Double Trouble!*~

A lone sneasel sat quietly, observing the scene before him from within his friend’s hole in a tree. The hoothoot was a bit difficult to understand at times, but for the most part he was a very kind and caring pokémon.

“A rare luxray and a shinx…alone?” He muttered. “I can understand why those humans wanted the luxray, but the shinx…”

“Something must be up, Diij.”

The sneasel nodded. There was something odd about the shinx, he could sense it.

“Ganna go play hero?”

Diij shook his head. “Knuku, you know what happened last time I tried to do that. For now, we wait and see what happens.”

“It’s about that shinx, isn’t it?”

Diij nodded. “Yeah. I get the feeling he’s not just a shinx…”

~*~*~

“Wow,” Ash breathed. “It’s like someone waged war in here or something.”

Pikachu squeaked in reply. Ash was right: the place was a mess. Curtains hung ripped in pieces, furniture toppled and thrashed, walls smashed in, doors ripped off their hinges, gashes and claw marks everywhere.

But the aura that hung in the air was even more ominous…

On the second floor of the house (it was difficult getting up the stairs; some of them were smashed in), Ash stumbled upon what seemed to be someone’s bedroom. The bed wasn’t made, the window was wide open, and there was a strange pile of clothes on the bed.

Sitting on top of them was a strange, glowing stone…

~*~*~

Colin felt absolutely humiliated. His captors were completely stupid and immature, arguing amongst themselves like five-year-olds. So far, he gathered that the stupid-seeming guy with violet hair was James, and the stuck-up lady with maroon hair was Jessie.

And their meowth spoke human.

“Creeps,” Colin said out loud. “We don’t have time for you. Let us go!”

The meowth looked furious. “Who’re you callin’ creeps?!”

“You, that’s who!”

Jessie looked down at the meowth. “What’s it saying, Meowth?”

Meowth ignored him. “Little twerp…” He drew his claws.

“I’m warning you,” Colin growled. “Let us go…or else.”

Lukko suddenly noticed something odd about Colin. He was gathering an abnormal amount of electricity for his size and age. Lightning sparked all around him, threatening to summon a storm.

“We ain’t lettin’ ya go any time soon, so get used to it!”

James seemed to notice the same thing that Lukko noticed. “Meowth, calm down. I don’t think that’s a normal Shinx…”

But it was too late. Colin felt something within him burning – something rising to the top. It took control of him effortlessly, causing him to tremble in its wake.

“Cub, stop! You’ll kill us all!”

But Colin didn’t know how to stop it, much less how he had started it in the first place. He screamed in a strange emotion that he had never felt before – it was a mixture of anger and terror. In his anguish, a great stream of electricity burst from his body, snaking out to slam into anything nearby – tree, net, humans and meowth alike.

And then Colin tumbled into darkness…