Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 05-13-2007, 07:14 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Default Re: Pokemon Diamond and Pearl: Misty's Return?!

Any appearance of 'Misty' to me is about as similar to Charlie's Angels, where Jill Monroe made 'minor' appearances, or Richie Cunningham on Happy Days 'coming' back from the army, it's just an appearance from a former castmate. Maybe May might be making an appearance to take on Dawn.

Japan is like on week 32 to my best recollection of the Pokemon DP season.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:39 PM
RouteMaster Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

It would certainly be great to see Misty back with the group, even just for a brief appearance. I hope we get treated to a glimpse of her Gyarados again like we were in the Hoenn Saga, that is one awesome Pokemon.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:04 PM
the_wolf Offline
Experienced Trainer

I personally don't see much of a point. I mean, she got a 'guest appearence' right before the battle frontier started if memory serves me. We've seen so much of misty in the past that there really isn't a point. I mean, it's sad enough she became dull by the end of Johto, why bring her back again for her to sit by the side lines like *gasp* brock did in Hoenn.( This as far as the 'main cast'). We have Dawn as the main female now, why must we go back to previous female characters. Imo, Dawn seems ok so far anyway.

As far as we're concerned, the VA won't even be playing misty again anyway so I hope people don't get to high of hopes. If Misty does get a little more screen time, I hope she uses it effectivley and it's not just a 'in and out no point to the episode(s)' appearence.

I liked misty, she cleared the path for new female characters. Can we let the newest female character shine without Misty coming back..again?
Old 05-17-2007, 01:36 AM
legendmaster1223 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_wolf View Post
I personally don't see much of a point. I mean, she got a 'guest appearence' right before the battle frontier started if memory serves me. We've seen so much of misty in the past that there really isn't a point. I mean, it's sad enough she became dull by the end of Johto, why bring her back again for her to sit by the side lines like *gasp* brock did in Hoenn.( This as far as the 'main cast'). We have Dawn as the main female now, why must we go back to previous female characters. Imo, Dawn seems ok so far anyway.

As far as we're concerned, the VA won't even be playing misty again anyway so I hope people don't get to high of hopes. If Misty does get a little more screen time, I hope she uses it effectivley and it's not just a 'in and out no point to the episode(s)' appearence.

I liked misty, she cleared the path for new female characters. Can we let the newest female character shine without Misty coming back..again?
I don't have anything against Dawn or May, I like them both as much as the rest of the cast. But Misty hasn't been seen for a long time!
Old 05-17-2007, 07:20 PM
SBaby Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendmaster1223 View Post
Listen to what I found on Misty's information page on Wikipedia:

According to Misty's Japanese voice actress, Mayumi Iizuka, Misty will return later in the Diamond and Pearl series. It is unknown whether it will be a return to the main cast or just a guest appearance.

Isn't that cool?! Misty could be re-joining Ash and the gang in the Sinnoh region adventures!
WIKIPEDIA's the key word. Never trust anything you see there, until you confirm it from an official source. They're only right a little over half the time. See, what happens alot of times, especially when a new Anime or season comes out is people go onto sites like IMDB and Wikipedia, and add things that they would either WANT to happen, or random things just as a hoax. So don't necessarily believe what you read there, especially if it isn't anywhere else.

Anyway, if it happens, I'm sure it'll just be for some sort of special or mini-movie. It probably won't be permanent. The writers aren't that smart.

http://www.videogamevoters.org/

Does SatAM even NEED an introduction?
Old 05-17-2007, 07:33 PM
htm14 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendarychamp22 View Post
It would most likely be a guest appearance for like 1-2 episodes.
I agree, just like the battle with Togepi/tic and Colonel Hansen on Mirage Island.

Check these out:

[IMG][/IMG]

Ohh!!!
Old 05-17-2007, 07:45 PM
Lapras Frost Offline

Misty wouldn't really have anything to do in the Sinnoh region. Plus, that would make a lot of characters all together, unless Brock planned on leaving. The only story that could make was her and Ash and I don't think they would do much on a Kids Show.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:47 PM
Snork Offline
New Trainer

Brock, despite that he's as stale as the three-year-old cheese in my fridge, is not leaving. No idea why not, seeing as he really serves no purpose and that he rarely makes any good use of his Pokemon.

Misty is highly unlikely to rejoin the group. A cameo of one-two episodes is probably it. It would be pointless to reintroduce her seeing that she has the Gym and all to worry about. Its illogical.
Plus what would she even DO in Sinnoh? Sit around while Ash and Dawn took the spotlight? Become another Brock-alike? As if the writers didn't make Johto bad enough for her?

Wikipedia isn't usually reliable so don't get your hopes up~
Old 05-17-2007, 10:48 PM
-Starly- Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snork View Post
Brock, despite that he's as stale as the three-year-old cheese in my fridge, is not leaving. No idea why not, seeing as he really serves no purpose and that he rarely makes any good use of his Pokemon.

Misty is highly unlikely to rejoin the group. A cameo of one-two episodes is probably it. It would be pointless to reintroduce her seeing that she has the Gym and all to worry about. Its illogical.
Plus what would she even DO in Sinnoh? Sit around while Ash and Dawn took the spotlight? Become another Brock-alike? As if the writers didn't make Johto bad enough for her?

Wikipedia isn't usually reliable so don't get your hopes up~
I feel like I know you from some forum.

Anyways, here is Kasumi's cameo of DP:

Old 05-18-2007, 02:43 AM
DragonLoverRobin1980 Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to DragonLoverRobin1980

Misty was a fun character but sometimes you need to do other things and to have them evolve and we have so far seen them evolve through out the series.

My opinion> I also happen to like Dawn so far and think it is time the writers gave Ash a girlfriend. This show has more teens and adults watching it one would think from the comments and grammar usage.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:53 AM
Leman Offline

Send a message via AIM to Leman

She will probably only come back to have her Togetic evolve.

Done: 8680

I don't ref forum battles/1v1s. Don't PM me to ref, IM me instead.
I need to have basic battles.

I grade week old stories that are Hard rank or lower. :)

Old 05-18-2007, 03:41 AM
-Starly- Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonLoverRobin1980 View Post
My opinion> I also happen to like Dawn so far and think it is time the writers gave Ash a girlfriend. This show has more teens and adults watching it one would think from the comments and grammar usage.
No, not really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leman View Post
She will probably only come back to have her Togetic evolve.
Please don't start. It's in a fricken different dimension, and in Houen nonetheless.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:08 AM
SBaby Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonLoverRobin1980 View Post
Misty was a fun character but sometimes you need to do other things and to have them evolve and we have so far seen them evolve through out the series.

Nah, Sega's proven that philosophy doesn't work. Instead of constantly introducing new characters, you should take the time to develop the ones you already have.

As for Dawn, I don't mind her. But like everyone else, she'll be outta there by the time her character really starts developing.

http://www.videogamevoters.org/

Does SatAM even NEED an introduction?
Old 05-18-2007, 06:58 AM
M I S T Y M O O N Offline
New Trainer

Wikipedia also said Misty will confess her feelings for Ash, I really hope she comes back and admits her feelings.. She's my fave character in the anime and it'd be great to have her back fulltime. ^_^

Also, I don't like hikari or may.. in my opinion if they added new characters couldn't they add better ones? all the new characters are girly, couldn't they add another tomboy or punk? i hate girly girls.. x_x but hikari is like the ***** princess, not to mention the ugliest person ever, and a cheerleader (eww..) and may's an overdeveloped dumb goody goody ****.. so yeah.. if they really had to cut Mist out can't they add GOOD characters?!

Last edited by Pokemon Trainer Sarah; 05-18-2007 at 07:37 AM. Reason: merge
Old 05-18-2007, 07:29 AM
-Starly- Offline
Master Trainer

Do not double post. And be glad that CyberCubed isn't here to completely shatter your arguments more so than me with his tl; dr essays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M I S T Y M O O N View Post
Wikipedia also said Misty will confess her feelings for Ash,
Don't trust Wiki.

Quote:
I really hope she comes back and admits her feelings..
That will never happen; keep your crappy fanfiction ideas out of the show.

Quote:
She's my fave character in the anime and it'd be great to have her back fulltime. ^_^
Yes, let's make her become stale again by sticking her in a group in which she has no purpose of being in. And while we're at it, let's magically bring back Togetic and have her suffer the 'background' treatment from Jouto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M I S T Y M O O N View Post
Also, I don't like hikari or may.. in my opinion if they added new characters couldn't they add better ones?
Yes, because heroines that actually have a story arc and get character development are inferior to a one dimensional character with no arc, no rivals, and no character development.

Quote:
all the new characters are girly, couldn't they add another tomboy or punk? i hate girly girls.. x_x but hikari is like the ***** princess, not to mention the ugliest person ever, and a cheerleader (eww..) and may's an overdeveloped dumb goody goody ****.. so yeah.. if they really had to cut Mist out can't they add GOOD characters?!
You obviously haven't watched the later episodes, since you're judging them by their looks. Go back to 1997 where your mindset is at.

Last edited by -Starly-; 05-18-2007 at 07:33 AM.