Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 05-11-2007, 01:35 AM
LordZangoose Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to LordZangoose Send a message via MSN to LordZangoose
Default A Twisted Idea brought to you by LordZangoose

Well, I don't plan on it coming in effect for a while (after the WAR perhaps), but Ihave an idea for an RP that is in the rough stages. I plan on having it invite only, but if you know you're a friend of mine, or are confident in your RPing skills, feel free to post suggestions.

Anyway, the RP itself, for the most part, won't have very much interaction between RPers. However, to make up for this, you will have a whole custom-made nation to keep you company. In the RP, your character will be chosen to partake in a revolutionary experiment based on areas of their personality that would fit different parts of a country's foundation. You are brought together to test a new piece of science created by many great minds. The piece of science I speak of is a miniature version of human life, artificially created by scientists. You can mold the creatures into any society or nation you wish them to be, and can play god with their lives. The idea will likely be sold to the rich and famous of America for outrageous prices, but first, you must test it. You can make a country consumed by war efforts, a eutopian peaceful society, or a politician's haven. You can even attack other societies with your own if you wish, and conquer their resources, adding them to your empire. Total power will be yours.

Like it?
Old 05-11-2007, 02:05 AM
EonMythos Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to EonMythos
Default Re: A Twisted Idea brought to you by LordZangoose

It does sound very interesting, but it would need quite a bit more shaping before it could be started. We'd need a few restrictions, detailed information about what we're going to be testing, side effects you might want to add, and things like that.

But, for being in it's rough stages, it's a really good idea. ^^ I'd be happy to help you with the planning and what not, if you would like. I see great potential for it as a RP.

Thought: Heh, I myself would have a Spartan Utopia. ^^

VPP URPG
Ryn the Flygon: Complete at 872

Banner is mine! >:3
Old 05-11-2007, 02:16 AM
LordZangoose Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty-chan View Post
It does sound very interesting, but it would need quite a bit more shaping before it could be started. We'd need a few restrictions, detailed information about what we're going to be testing, side effects you might want to add, and things like that.

But, for being in it's rough stages, it's a really good idea. ^^ I'd be happy to help you with the planning and what not, if you would like. I see great potential for it as a RP.

Thought: Heh, I myself would have a Spartan Utopia. ^^
I planned on having various back-trackings to your colony, such as natural disasters and rival species. I thank you for your help.

I'm going to do a Norse or Visigoth society myself.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:33 AM
EonMythos Offline
Elite Trainer

That probably works. But, does it have any sort of effect on the person using it? Or glitches that might make your colony turn against what you say? Because, if it's in the test stages, most things still have glitches within them that haven't been worked out. A nice, big glitch might be a good plot point for an arc of the RP.

Not to mention if they were all based off real civilizations then there would be several natural conflicts between them. Like if someone took on the Persian empire, my Spartan civilization would, at some point, have a disagreement with them, and then they'd probably have a battle. But, since it's not just the Spartans and Persians, they might befriend other civilizations around them, at which time the battles would be more epic. Or, the Persians could completely befriend the Spartans, depending on what the two playing them want.

*cough* Yeah, I'm quite fond of the idea, and the way it seems so many combinations could be put together. We could have things like the Greeks fighting alongside Japanese Samurai, or New World Cowboys fighting with the Vikings. ^o^ That would be cool.

VPP URPG

Old 05-11-2007, 03:25 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

This reminds me of a Stargate Atlantis episode, "The Game". Sheperd and McKay found a console inside of Atlantis that served as a sort of game, where you had your village and someone else had a village nearby and then you had to try and make your village the best. It's also sort of like Black and White, the computer game, with the exception of the fact that you don't get to be God. I'm interested, and you can expect my sign-up the moment it comes up, although Kitty-Chan is right, it will require some fine-tuning. Me, I'm gonna go with a British Empire, or perhaps Romans. Someone with an Empire. Yeah, I'm gonna go with the Romans.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:38 AM
Neptune Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Neptune Send a message via Yahoo to Neptune

Heh, like an RP version of those world-builder computer games. I'll help plan. Is this going to have a specific storyline or be more of a sandbox thing?

Also, I am having problems deciding between psychic-power-world and magical-water-world. Perhaps magical-water-psychic-power world? X3
Old 05-11-2007, 03:48 AM
EonMythos Offline
Elite Trainer

Hmm, if we can modify the civilizations I'm giving the Spartan females something to do too. ^^ Because, the Spartans being as proud as they were, most likely thought more highly of their females than other civilizations.

So, they'll be archers. Clad in tougher leather armor and taught not only to be a good marksman (er, woman) but a good tracker as well. Gotta have more verity than just their warriors.

You know, considering how much I like Black and White, I don't know why I didn't notice that till now. XD

VPP URPG

Old 05-11-2007, 04:58 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Hm, I'll have to do some research on the Romans. Or I could go with Egyptian culture. Yeah, I think I'll go with that. I know a bit more about Egyptian culture.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:26 AM
LordZangoose Offline
Banned

Quote:
That probably works. But, does it have any sort of effect on the person using it? Or glitches that might make your colony turn against what you say? Because, if it's in the test stages, most things still have glitches within them that haven't been worked out. A nice, big glitch might be a good plot point for an arc of the RP.

Not to mention if they were all based off real civilizations then there would be several natural conflicts between them. Like if someone took on the Persian empire, my Spartan civilization would, at some point, have a disagreement with them, and then they'd probably have a battle. But, since it's not just the Spartans and Persians, they might befriend other civilizations around them, at which time the battles would be more epic. Or, the Persians could completely befriend the Spartans, depending on what the two playing them want.

*cough* Yeah, I'm quite fond of the idea, and the way it seems so many combinations could be put together. We could have things like the Greeks fighting alongside Japanese Samurai, or New World Cowboys fighting with the Vikings. ^o^ That would be cool.
Glitches will be apparent, as well as enemies created by the people who made it, famines, plagues, and wars. The other things is though, ancient civilizations only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveeking929 View Post
This reminds me of a Stargate Atlantis episode, "The Game". Sheperd and McKay found a console inside of Atlantis that served as a sort of game, where you had your village and someone else had a village nearby and then you had to try and make your village the best. It's also sort of like Black and White, the computer game, with the exception of the fact that you don't get to be God. I'm interested, and you can expect my sign-up the moment it comes up, although Kitty-Chan is right, it will require some fine-tuning. Me, I'm gonna go with a British Empire, or perhaps Romans. Someone with an Empire. Yeah, I'm gonna go with the Romans.
Thank you for helping me. The idea began when I played Black and White, but I have alot more planned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
Heh, like an RP version of those world-builder computer games. I'll help plan. Is this going to have a specific storyline or be more of a sandbox thing?

Also, I am having problems deciding between psychic-power-world and magical-water-world. Perhaps magical-water-psychic-power world? X3
It's going to have a storyline, but for the most part, it will be sandbox with minimal player interaction.

Quote:
Hmm, if we can modify the civilizations I'm giving the Spartan females something to do too. ^^ Because, the Spartans being as proud as they were, most likely thought more highly of their females than other civilizations.

So, they'll be archers. Clad in tougher leather armor and taught not only to be a good marksman (er, woman) but a good tracker as well. Gotta have more verity than just their warriors.

You know, considering how much I like Black and White, I don't know why I didn't notice that till now. XD
Yeah, you can modify basically everything about your civilization. From war specialties to religion to where they live (you might have to fight for position) to what their diet consists of.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:30 PM
Neptune Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Neptune Send a message via Yahoo to Neptune

What's the verdict on magic/psychic powers? Any civilization I create will probably be a combination of several ancient ones, which doesn't seem to be disallowed, but I like using magic (it would help with said water world XD). Does the character we're playing appear in the game itself, like with very advanced virtual reality? That could create some issues with being attacked and feeling pain, having psychological issues, and maybe dying if it's going to be Matrix-ish.

Does Atlantis count as an ancient civilization? Because if it does, I'm basing my civilization off of that. X3
Old 05-11-2007, 09:09 PM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon

Looks cool. Though, I have to ask...

Does our 'new race' have to actually be completely human? DNA splicing sounds fun to me. Ooh, human/bat/iguana crosses... Besides, there's more creativity in adding animals into the mix. Neptune could have her Atlantis people with a human/dolphin or human/fish cross.

I'm not real sure if magic would be good, especially since this is going to be more along the lines of scientific. Magic could very possibly give our creations and edge over ourselves and make them revolt.

Also, how big are they going to be? For some reason I picture them being mini people in a glass container. X3 And, if they're not small, we also have to think of where we'll put them. Earth is over crowded as it is, so that's a no-no. Maybe we could do it WAY in the future, like us Earthlings have moved to a new planet and a nearby one is perfect for life, and we want to experiment there.

Oh, another thing... Could we do partners as an option? Have your character team up with another perso's character to create a species. Either way, it sounds like we'll have some fun with this. ^^

Old 05-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconic_Espeon View Post

Does our 'new race' have to actually be completely human? DNA splicing sounds fun to me. Ooh, human/bat/iguana crosses... Besides, there's more creativity in adding animals into the mix. Neptune could have her Atlantis people with a human/dolphin or human/fish cross.

I'm not real sure if magic would be good, especially since this is going to be more along the lines of scientific. Magic could very possibly give our creations and edge over ourselves and make them revolt.

Also, how big are they going to be? For some reason I picture them being mini people in a glass container. X3 And, if they're not small, we also have to think of where we'll put them. Earth is over crowded as it is, so that's a no-no. Maybe we could do it WAY in the future, like us Earthlings have moved to a new planet and a nearby one is perfect for life, and we want to experiment there.

Oh, another thing... Could we do partners as an option? Have your character team up with another perso's character to create a species. Either way, it sounds like we'll have some fun with this. ^^
I like the partner idea. But they're going to be computer simulations, so they won't exist, meaning space doesn't exist. Also, idea for a plot twist, I remember from that particular episode of Stargate Atlantis that the game had turned out not to be a game, but a sociological experiment which involved actual villages on other planets, and McKay and Sheperd accidentaly started a war between them because they had been messing too much with their lives. Wouldn't that be interesting? Also, the alternate species thing is a great idea. Take this to the next level and move it from civiizations on earth to alien species on other planets.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:29 AM
LordZangoose Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
What's the verdict on magic/psychic powers? Any civilization I create will probably be a combination of several ancient ones, which doesn't seem to be disallowed, but I like using magic (it would help with said water world XD). Does the character we're playing appear in the game itself, like with very advanced virtual reality? That could create some issues with being attacked and feeling pain, having psychological issues, and maybe dying if it's going to be Matrix-ish.

Does Atlantis count as an ancient civilization? Because if it does, I'm basing my civilization off of that. X3
Well, I don't plan on using magic, but I might keep it open because it is interesting. It might also cause the problem of some people just destroying an entire army with one spell, or things like that. As for creating the character, you create the person you actually are, and have them mold their own leaders to rule their nation, possibly in their own image, or as their polar opposite.

And no, Atlantis will not count because then you would have no enemies unless someone created a second Atlantis.

Quote:

Having all humans might make it easier so someone won't make their race be able to swim, fly, run at super fast speeds and jump long distances as a result of splicing. But as long as you keep your new race in check, it should be fine. Be wary that you will need to create a whole nother form for your new race.

Rolling along here, the creatures will be played as if they were the size of humans, but then you might transition out to the actual human size for discussions with other players, where you will see them as each individual being around the size of an ant. However, if I decide to make the creation of them virtual, you can zoom in to make it more visible. If I do it this way, then that will solve the size problem, but otherwise, it will be performed on a large ranch bought by the company that has been molded to form a miniature world, complete with oceans, rivers, plains, mountains, and the like.

And alliances are possible, and at times, may be neccessary. However, creating a new species between the two of them would take hundreds of thousands of years, so it's not very realistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveeking929 View Post
I like the partner idea. But they're going to be computer simulations, so they won't exist, meaning space doesn't exist. Also, idea for a plot twist, I remember from that particular episode of Stargate Atlantis that the game had turned out not to be a game, but a sociological experiment which involved actual villages on other planets, and McKay and Sheperd accidentaly started a war between them because they had been messing too much with their lives. Wouldn't that be interesting? Also, the alternate species thing is a great idea. Take this to the next level and move it from civiizations on earth to alien species on other planets.
I might play this out as Spore. I'll explain in a minute, but I need to go eat dinner now.

Alright, here we go. Instead of beginning with a large, powerful kingdom, your group is a small tribe of your race or people. They could either be nomadic or in a set territory, but to gain more resources and the like, it would help to settle. As you settle and your industry begins to grow, or you take over more land and more people and more crops, your people grow more advanced and populate more. Eventually, you will build villages, then towns, then cities. The more advanced your people grow, the more powerful they become and the more wealthy your city gets. Then, after your science begins to develop, you make innovations to the existing facets of living. You may develop guns after many centuries, and centuries after that, cars and maybe even a space program. Farther down the road, you may even be able to colonize other planets and moons to have your people live on and attack other people from. Of course, this would take a long time and the RP would go a while before that happened.

Last edited by LordZangoose; 05-12-2007 at 12:44 AM.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:46 AM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordZangoose
Be wary that you will need to create a whole nother form for your new race.
But LZ, I love doing forms. ^^

But yes, I do very much plan on splicing. Maybe you could limit it? Only animal genes, no more than two, and they can only be good at one thing. (Flying, running, swimming, ect.)

And yeah, I think I could go with a tribe. Start it out small. I'll be able to name all my little mini people, then.

I'm still going with a bat/something cross. Maybe Poison Dart frogs? For a variety of colors, naturally. Or, I'll stick with iguanas. So much to ponder...

Old 05-12-2007, 01:50 AM
LordZangoose Offline
Banned

Quote:
But LZ, I love doing forms. ^^

But yes, I do very much plan on splicing. Maybe you could limit it? Only animal genes, no more than two, and they can only be good at one thing. (Flying, running, swimming, ect.)

And yeah, I think I could go with a tribe. Start it out small. I'll be able to name all my little mini people, then.

I'm still going with a bat/something cross. Maybe Poison Dart frogs? For a variety of colors, naturally. Or, I'll stick with iguanas. So much to ponder...
Only you D_E, only you XD.

For splicing, I think having one animal's abilities (to a degree) and then two animal's looks(one must be the one used for powers) and a few body parts.

I think a tribe is set in stone now, but I'm not sure if I want to let it advance to the point of modern warfare. We could just do once it hits a large, but ancient city, it can't expand technology wise.