Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 05-12-2007, 01:41 PM
Shiny Loser Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Shiny Loser Send a message via Yahoo to Shiny Loser
Default Messed Up Advanceshipping - An RP i'm planning

Yes, Ash and May have just started their romantic quest on Hoenn, but because of Dialga altering the past, there's a new girl in the scene - an annoying, meddling tomboy whom neither Ash nor May asked for. This girl starts to follow Ash, May, and little nerdy brother Max in their journey - interfering with love scenes, kisses, May's contests, sometimes even Ash's gym battles. But because of this new girl Ash's life in Hoenn is changed forever. Will Ash take interest in this out-of-the-ordinary girl, and what exactly is so special about her if she's neither hot nor girly?

So... Is it a good idea? I know it needs more characters, but that will be for the sign-upees to decide. Is it in need of more work? I mean, this IS my first RP, and it shouldn't be any good. And by the way, is it original?
Old 05-12-2007, 07:12 PM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon
Default Re: Messed Up Advanceshipping - An RP i'm planning

You're right, you do need more characters. While this plot would make an interesting fanfiction, it wouldn't do quite as well as a roleplay. Unless you could devise a way to be able to add more characters into the mix, most likely original ones, you'll have trouble getting this off the ground. Maybe you should try taking a look at some of the other sign-up threads? They might give you an idea of what is needed for a roleplay to survive.

Old 05-12-2007, 10:01 PM
Daedalus Offline
Experienced Trainer

There is a better way for this to work, actually.

If you'll allow me to write down a plot, now...

Ahem.

It's been five weeks since Ash and May have reunited, and begun their newest journey together. Their bond is growing stronger with each passing day, and even though they still have to deal with Team Rocket, it is obvious their friendship is bound to become true love soon.

However... all is not right. Recently, a strange girl has been stalking the two of them, with a strange haircut, eyecolor, fashion sense, and Pokémon. She seems intent in making sure the two of them never do anything truly romantic, and even tries to sow enmity among them. And, to make it worse, they are the only ones who seem to know this; everyone else honestly believes she is 'just a normal girl', ignoring her complete oddities.

They are not the only ones who are like this, however: in Johto, Kanto, Orre, and Sinnoh, other couples that once stood strong are in the verge of breaking apart. These problems are all being brought by various girls who, despite their physical differences, are rather familiar, somehow.

However... a new group of people is appearing as well, intent on maintaining the timeline no matter what, opposing these girls. While they seem weaker by comparison, their wills are strong, and they are decided: they WILL protect the past, no matter what!

Basically, based off your premise, I thought it was something like 'Ash and May are being stalked by a Mary-Sue' and went from there. An apology if it isn't... but still, an easier way for this to work out would be if other characters (whether the pairing is exactly realistic or not; something like Brendan and Blue) were in the same situation, and there was another group trying to keep the main characters together.

Does this work?

Change! Ryukendo!

GekiRyu Transformation!

Serious, mature roleplayer who has a preference for dark, moody, adventurous, heroic, shadowy, 'no side is the right side' games involving the Legendaries, the canon characters, the future, alternate and alternative realities, and finishing with a happy ending that involved a lot of work and a seriously dangerous final boss being defeated thanks to everyone's help.

No nihilists, please.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:03 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Dude, this is basically an Advanceshipping RP, which I am this close *puts thumb and middle finger almost together with abot a half a centimeter remaining in space for emphasis* to having illegalized.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:01 AM
Xlugon Pyro Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Xlugon Pyro

Just to remind you all, May likes Drew, not Ash. Ash is just a friend. Meanwhile, Drew will soon become May's bed partner. >:D
Old 05-13-2007, 02:12 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlugon Pyro View Post
Just to remind you all, May likes Drew, not Ash. Ash is just a friend. Meanwhile, Drew will soon become May's bed partner. >:D
XP, you are truly a genius amongst a sea of idiots. I would just like to point out to all of you that instead of going with Ash to Sinnoh, where there where in fact Contests so that's no excuse, May went to Johto with Drew, nay, chased after Drew. So, case and point.
Old 05-13-2007, 03:00 AM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon

Guys, this is not the time and place to argue over love interests. We're talking about roleplays. And anyway, AshxLatias owns all other shipping thingies.
Of what people have suggested, Daedalus's idea seems as though it would work the best. So, you may want to try something like that as your roleplay.

Last edited by Draconic_Espeon; 05-13-2007 at 03:03 AM.
Old 05-13-2007, 03:35 AM
Lonsie Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Lonsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconic_Espeon View Post
Guys, this is not the time and place to argue over love interests. We're talking about roleplays. And anyway, AshxLatias owns all other shipping thingies.
Of what people have suggested, Daedalus's idea seems as though it would work the best. So, you may want to try something like that as your roleplay.
Secret Chat! ^^

I don't know if I have anything to say on this, though.

[ BFF ~ Draconic Espeon ]
URPG | Shizen no Senshi | VPP
Old 05-13-2007, 07:40 AM
Shiny Loser Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Shiny Loser Send a message via Yahoo to Shiny Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlugon Pyro View Post
I know that, Advanceshipping doesn't actually follow the Anime.

Anyway, I love your improvement of my original thing, Daedelus, but I'm deciding whether I should change this to a fic .
Old 05-17-2007, 12:08 AM
Negative Zone Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Loser View Post
I know that, Advanceshipping doesn't actually follow the Anime.

Anyway, I love your improvement of my original thing, Daedelus, but I'm deciding whether I should change this to a fic .
Meh, not a very good RP,after all, I'm wondering where the RPers would go, but a perfect fic. I would read. I say, go with the fic.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.