Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 09-29-2004, 12:17 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default PE2K Mascot?

I was thinking the other day, who is the mascot for Pokemon Elite 2000? Serebii.net has Celebii and GHPF has Gengar and Haunter, so I got to thinking...

Maybe its Lugia? After all, he does appear on the forum logo and he does appear in the movie Pokemon the Movie 2000, hence the relation between the number "2000." And, not to mention that the colors of the forum and the website are the same colors as Lugia.

What do you think?

Old 09-29-2004, 12:21 AM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco
Default Re: PE2K Mascot?

Eh, thats not a bad idea. Maybe we can vote for a mascot...
Old 09-29-2004, 12:46 AM
Max Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Max Send a message via MSN to Max Send a message via Yahoo to Max

I guess Lugia... cuzz the colors and all =\

but meh.. voting sounds good.

VPP Vaporeon
Level 100 @ 620
Old 09-29-2004, 01:52 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000

There is no mascot, heh. Lugia appears in the forum banner because it's blue and it goes well with the blue theme, same thing for the website. When I started the website, an image of Celebi used, since that was the "special Pokemon" in those days. The site's button was originally a Steelix, but now it's Aggron. But I really don't associate the site with one Pokemon though.

But if Pokemon Elite 2000 were to have a mascot, it would be Psyduck, my favorite . No, don't worry, the website won't turn yellow, lol.
Old 09-29-2004, 01:56 AM
Techno Treecko Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Techno Treecko Send a message via Yahoo to Techno Treecko

All for a vote on a puke yellow forum, say aye!
Old 09-29-2004, 01:59 AM
Hoenn Mirror Girl Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via ICQ to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via AIM to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via MSN to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via Yahoo to Hoenn Mirror Girl

I want a Meowth or Skitty for a mascot! Meow!
Old 09-29-2004, 02:51 AM
VenusaurTrainer Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to VenusaurTrainer Send a message via MSN to VenusaurTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to VenusaurTrainer

Heh, I like the color of the forums now.
Old 09-29-2004, 03:46 AM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Matthew Send a message via Yahoo to Matthew

Psyduck is awesome! But i don't think that we should have a mascot... like Ryan said... heh... It makes us diffrent... and I don't like mascots... so heh.

Oh... and AWESOME banner VT!
Old 09-29-2004, 05:25 PM
TotodileHop24 Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to TotodileHop24

...Yes VT, excellent banner! It rulez!

Anywayz, I think it's pretty neat the way that Lugia managed to find himself gracing the top of PE2K, considering the fact that all of the colors here match alongside him, coincidently. Not to mention that he's a legendary to match our legendary-like forum.

I know this is probably leading into another seperate topic, but I was just wondering about the buttons, specifically the "Post Reply" button. Was there ever consideration about possibly adding a fainted Pokemon image on the button itself, mabye to match the forum banner some? I know that it's a small thing to wonder about, but it might possibly make the forum look like it's intertwined and that it's following a certain theme... It's not a big issue or anything, I was just wondering about PE2K and everyone else's thoughts on it. Then again, I don't want us looking like a copycat of Pokemon Community.
Old 09-29-2004, 06:46 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotodileHop24
...Yes VT, excellent banner! It rulez!

Anywayz, I think it's pretty neat the way that Lugia managed to find himself gracing the top of PE2K, considering the fact that all of the colors here match alongside him, coincidently. Not to mention that he's a legendary to match our legendary-like forum.

I know this is probably leading into another seperate topic, but I was just wondering about the buttons, specifically the "Post Reply" button. Was there ever consideration about possibly adding a fainted Pokemon image on the button itself, mabye to match the forum banner some? I know that it's a small thing to wonder about, but it might possibly make the forum look like it's intertwined and that it's following a certain theme... It's not a big issue or anything, I was just wondering about PE2K and everyone else's thoughts on it. Then again, I don't want us looking like a copycat of Pokemon Community.
I haven't considered about the reply button, but if that were to change, then the edit and quote button would be changed also to match. If someone wants to take a shot at making new buttons, that's fine with me, but talk to me first and we'll discuss what a new button should look like. But yea, I like this idea.

By the way, replacing buttons or whatever images with custom images isn't just one forum's idea, it's widely done .
Old 09-29-2004, 07:09 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku

If you're going to change buttons, why not just create skins for certain themes? :P

Seriously though, i'm not really one for mascots (I'm not really a Lugia fan either), so it's good there won't be a main mascot...

Uh... *Denies ever using a Pokemon to represent himself*

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist
Old 09-29-2004, 07:15 PM
Nefarious Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Send a message via AIM to Nefarious

Ya Im not really for a mascot eaither. Although I like lugia I don't like putting legendaries as mascots. i would do a normal pokemon like Gengar or Dragonite.

And the button thing sounds good. It would make the forum look a bit better. Although you would have to put the same colors on the button. or you could just take the current button and transform it into something else.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:44 PM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi

PE2K does need a mascot, kinda like how TAF has TMTS as the mascot (And the colors do not match) and I'm working out another for TAF (Mxytpilx the Milotic. I'll give a cookie who whoever can figure who made that up).

PE2K, I'll make new buttons and stuff for the forums. Just drop me a PM with waht I needa do.
Old 09-29-2004, 11:00 PM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Matthew Send a message via Yahoo to Matthew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Absol
If you're going to change buttons, why not just create skins for certain themes? :P

Seriously though, i'm not really one for mascots (I'm not really a Lugia fan either), so it's good there won't be a main mascot...

Uh... *Denies ever using a Pokemon to represent himself*
*slaps DA*

XD

Anywayz... I don't mind making buttons Ryan... just tell me what buttons need to be made, and what size you want them and I'll figure something out... just send me a PM.
Old 09-30-2004, 05:30 PM
gold Offline
Banned

Scroll to the botton of the page.
blank.
it needs something on it, as well as a forum jumper.