Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 07-11-2004, 03:38 PM
Jessu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jessu Send a message via MSN to Jessu Send a message via Skype™ to Jessu
Default Re: Website/Forum Advertising

Come join this forum! My freind started a very long time ago, and it is very low on members. Please join.

*Note: It's not mine. Just a freind's. I'm known as Godzilla there.

kbye

Remember you're loved, and you always will be;
This melody will bring you right back home.

| Factfile | Quotes | Art | Sprites | POL |
Old 07-13-2004, 03:14 PM
Scorch Ry Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Scorch Ry
Post Re: Website/Forum Advertising

Come and join my brand new forums, Shiny Dragons 04! Here, you can talk about TV Shows, Pokemon, create clubs/gangs, and much more coming soon! ^^. Come and click here! www.dragonshine.proboards23.com

GAME DATA & ANALYSIS COMING VERY SOON.
Old 07-15-2004, 06:16 PM
art Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to art Send a message via MSN to art

My brother owns a virtual moderation site on which he posts pictures of cars which have been, well, virtually modified. if ya like cars and especially really cool cars ( ) go check it out.

miyavi is the hotness
Old 07-16-2004, 10:31 AM
Steven Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Steven

I'm just wondering as to why so many people post pokemon websites here that are like PE2K but not as good. I mean if you want to advertise those sites go somewhere else, cause we don't need another board trying to copy the URPG and Teams we have here. It's very useless if you ask me. We already have this site, serebii.net, and pokefor.tk for any info we might need as far as I'm concerned. The only sites that should be posted are original sites. I'm just saying this because I look through all of these trying to find a good new site to be a member of, but instead I find a bunch of pe2k wanabes. Anyone willing to be original, you let me know, and I'll join right away.
Old 07-16-2004, 02:28 PM
Scorch Ry Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Angry Re: Website/Forum Advertising

Steven, that's a strong topic. HOWEVER, if boards copy the URPG, then why wouldn't you tell which sites they are? I mean, if you don't want to tell us, then why even mention it. Many people are just trying to have a Pokemon Site of their own. If they want to copy the URPG, eventually, they will be banned from the URPG until further notice.

And its USELESS because some people might want to join. Just because you said its useless doesn't mean that they are copying or anything. To me, I'm taking this harshly because I have posted my site here. Are you trying to say that all of these sites here are the URPG? Because if you include mine, I got something for you. Man, just watch your wording because this can really hurt some people. It sounds like you are trying to say that PE2K doesn't need to put this thread here so people can advertise their websites. OBVIOUSLY, Ryan put it here for a purpose. Deal with it. Now, for the URPG, mentioning the sites will help us know which sites are copying the URPG.

Old 07-17-2004, 05:18 AM
Necrobat Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Necrobat

EXE Quest
EXE Quest is back for a second bite at the apple. New layout and new storyline are the big changes. Still doesn't mean that we arn't as good as we used to be.
Old 07-17-2004, 08:37 AM
Jessu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jessu Send a message via MSN to Jessu Send a message via Skype™ to Jessu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven
I'm just wondering as to why so many people post pokemon websites here that are like PE2K but not as good. I mean if you want to advertise those sites go somewhere else, cause we don't need another board trying to copy the URPG and Teams we have here. It's very useless if you ask me. We already have this site, serebii.net, and pokefor.tk for any info we might need as far as I'm concerned. The only sites that should be posted are original sites. I'm just saying this because I look through all of these trying to find a good new site to be a member of, but instead I find a bunch of pe2k wanabes. Anyone willing to be original, you let me know, and I'll join right away.
My freind's forum isn't a PE2K wannabe. She has never even seen PE2K. So how should she know? Her forum is all about Rayquaza, Godzilla, and Neopets.

kbye

Old 07-17-2004, 02:00 PM
Caite-chan Offline

Send a message via AIM to Caite-chan Send a message via MSN to Caite-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Caite-chan

Anime: Time Travelers!

I actully had a hard time trying to think of a non-wrestling name, yet try and think of a good Pokčmon name. xDD Anyways here's my first message board that I have made to post here. I've made several others. I'm just looking for people to join and looking for someone to help me. I'm still working on the descriptions and finding a good color.

Last edited by Caite-chan; 07-17-2004 at 05:55 PM.
Old 07-17-2004, 03:55 PM
Steven Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by (~Aleyquala~)
Steven, that's a strong topic. HOWEVER, if boards copy the URPG, then why wouldn't you tell which sites they are? I didn't want to embarass anyone I mean, if you don't want to tell us, then why even mention it. So people will consider what they make and try to make it original. The people who make things, or slightly changed variations of things, know who they are. They shouldn't have to be surprised by me announcing who they are. Many people are just trying to have a Pokemon Site of their own. Good, I'm fine with that, but why bother with it if it's only going to get less than 50 members and be a mirror of another site? If they want to copy the URPG, eventually, they will be banned from the URPG until further notice. They can ban you for imitating someone just as much as they can ban you for being rude in the AIM chat.

And its USELESS because some people might want to join. Just because you said its useless doesn't mean that they are copying or anything. To me, I'm taking this harshly because I have posted my site here. I have posted my site as well, and it was original, so maybe your's was too. Are you trying to say that all of these sites here are the URPG? No, I just want to say that people need to be original. I don't know how many times I've seen the exact same layout as this forum. Because if you include mine, I got something for you.Well, it only applys to you if you copied anyone's idea in the making of your site. So if you are going to say that I hate yours idividually because it's a copy, then go ahead, but you are the one being unoriginal, not me. Man, just watch your wording because this can really hurt some people. It sounds like you are trying to say that PE2K doesn't need to put this thread here so people can advertise their websites. No, I find this a good thread. I just think that another site that's the same as this one is not helpful for anyone. OBVIOUSLY, Ryan put it here for a purpose. Yep, I think he put it here so people could post their original sites. Deal with it. Alright, IT, this is my last offer. I give you $1.00 and you run away. IT: nope, 50 cents ME: okay, it's a deal XD Now, for the URPG, mentioning the sites will help us know which sites are copying the URPG.Why, who cares. They may not be exact copies anyway, and hopefully read and thought about what I posted. Variations are still an imitation, and there's not much you can do about it. Live with it. (IT: Hi! I'll be living with you now XD)
Well, like I said. I don't want to target people like you do, I just want to notify and bring it to everyone's attention that they should attempt to make thier site original and different. Even if that means thinking about making your site for a week to think of everything before rushing into making it. Cause once you make it you are managing it and thinking less about changing it, except for the occasional member suggestion, etc... Remember, not all sites have to have a forum or anything. You could also have a bunch of different sites joined together with one huge mega forum with a lot of members, or maybe a website with a web comic, a blog, a guest book, a chat room with an Oeikakai (sp), pokemon news, etc... Anything original. There's millions of things out there, the sky's the limit, you don't have to have some old gray and orange proboards account with nothing else but a bunch of pokemon forums, cause news flash, that's very boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteMew
My freind's forum isn't a PE2K wannabe. She has never even seen PE2K. So how should she know? Her forum is all about Rayquaza, Godzilla, and Neopets.
Yes, I know, I looked at that site and it was very original. Yours being the first post of the new page made me accidentally over look it. I'm sorry if you thought I was talking to you in any way. My sincerest apoligies, It was probably one of the most original sites I've seen in a while. I liked how the cursor had the Rayquaza with the colors flying around it. That was very original. I'm even a member there now. The only thing is that my confirmation email hasn't arrived yet, and I can't see anything on the forum so I can't email any of the people or post in a guest's forum. Hopefully it will come though. Wow... I keep finding more stuff about it so I have to keep editing. The places it link to are completely original as well You can customize the sound and look and it automatically saves it as a cookie when you enter one of the sites! wow I never thought of that... I also just noticed that there were flying stars on the forum of your friends'. Wow, I'm amazed. Thank God for originality. It's like a breath of fresh air.

Last edited by Steven; 07-17-2004 at 04:11 PM.
Old 07-17-2004, 08:09 PM
Jessu Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven
Yes, I know, I looked at that site and it was very original. Yours being the first post of the new page made me accidentally over look it. I'm sorry if you thought I was talking to you in any way. My sincerest apoligies, It was probably one of the most original sites I've seen in a while. I liked how the cursor had the Rayquaza with the colors flying around it. That was very original. I'm even a member there now. The only thing is that my confirmation email hasn't arrived yet, and I can't see anything on the forum so I can't email any of the people or post in a guest's forum. Hopefully it will come though. Wow... I keep finding more stuff about it so I have to keep editing. The places it link to are completely original as well You can customize the sound and look and it automatically saves it as a cookie when you enter one of the sites! wow I never thought of that... I also just noticed that there were flying stars on the forum of your friends'. Wow, I'm amazed. Thank God for originality. It's like a breath of fresh air.
Apology accepted. I was like that too when I just went in the other day.

kbye

Old 07-18-2004, 07:44 AM
masaki Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via MSN to masaki

Well my old site was junk so as of 7/17/04 I started a runescape fansite.
You can get to runite cavers by following the link in masakis signature. Thankyou for your cooperation and have a great day.
Old 07-24-2004, 01:44 AM
JohtoTrainer Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to JohtoTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to JohtoTrainer

Go to the link in my sig and join my Yu-Gi-Oh Forums. I need members of course.

This suit is black not.
Old 07-24-2004, 05:19 PM
AltariaTamer Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to AltariaTamer

Hey everyone at PE2K! As you probably have noticed, you seen about 5 others in this forum besides me that have advertised my forum here. Well, that's because they are helping me get some more advertising in hopes of me getting more active members. My forum is Pokemon-Only, with just a few regular Chat Boards, but it basically revolves around pokemon. Many new members that are joining are getting mod'd because of their regular and steady forum activity. It also includes Rping, RPGing, Trivia, and many other new features that is only exclusive to my forum and no where else. So, I am hoping that any of you who read this post, will help me out by clicking this link...

http://pmunderground.proboards33.com/index.cgi

Thanks for all of your help!!!

~Altaria~

I would appreciate it if you would come visit and join my new forum. Click the link below to visit my forum and join today!
Pocket Monsters Underground (PMU)
Old 07-24-2004, 06:41 PM
Nefarious Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Send a message via AIM to Nefarious

Hi Everyone. I earlier advertised my forum here. But Now I added some features to my forum that weren't there before. My board is a pokemon discussion site mixed in with many non pokemon related topics. It has a unique look and now featuring pokemon of the week. Hope you all will view my site and possible join. Here is the link: http://sapphiretiger.proboards33.com/index.cgi

I will be adding more to it later. But it is active and has lots of great topics including an Advance RPG section. This section is compeletely made from sub boards and is a very fun Role Playing game. Also Pokemon of the week is determined by voting. There is a voting poll of five randomely chosen pokemon and then the members vote for which pokemon they would like to be the pokemon of the week.

So I hope you will all click on the above link and Give suggestions and possibly Join.
Old 07-24-2004, 09:28 PM
Scorch Ry Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Post Re: Website/Forum Advertising

I'm here again, advertising about my site, Shiny Dragons 2004! There, you can talk about the latest console games, Pokemon games, create little gangs and clans, even discuss anything in the Mixed Chit-Chatty board! You can even chat about shiny dragon-type pokemon! Click on the banner in my sig to get there! Chao chao chao!