Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Trivia/Games

Trivia/Games Join in the Trivia games! Any trivia/games are accepted.

Old 10-07-2004, 11:01 PM
Manjoume Jun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Manjoume Jun Send a message via MSN to Manjoume Jun
Default The Pokémon Betting House

Heyas people, my previous trivia game on PE2k didn't go very well, but I'm back with a new one, and this is one decent idea if I do say so myself, but I guess it all depends on what you think, so what follows is the basic idea.

I will post two teams of three Pokémon each, and these Pokémon will both be at level 100, and they will both have available to them every single move on any of their natural movelists, to use as they please.

Some of them may even have TMs or HMs attached, if so, then they will be stated, and they may even have items attached from time to time, or the trainer may have an item or two available to them, it could be anything!

Once these two teams have been posted, any number of you can try to guess which trainer will win of the two, and if you guess correctly, then you win money!

The battles will be conducted in the same style as the URPG, so the Pokémon are all level 100, and their stats are all equal to their maximum stats with a neutral nature.

GSC rules may be used at times, while RS rules may also be used occasionally, plus there may even be a pre-set stadium or field which could alter the battle.

For every set of trainers posted, a limit of 24 hours will be given to anyone wanting to make a bet, and after that the bets will be recorded, and the battle will be conducted between me and anyone willing to play as the other trainer, just as long as you are aware of the basic style of a URPG battle!

A ref will also be required for the battles, but I'm sure it won't be hugely difficult to find one.

Heh, I may even be the ref myself from time to time and just let someone else take my place as one of the trainers if they would like to, I'm sure it wouldn't be too much trouble!

Once the battle is over, money will be awarded to the winners, whereas money will be deducted from the losers, so be careful with who you vote for!

The battles will usually just involve two trainers, with a small amount of money being offered, like $50 or $100, but at a later date, if this thing is successful enough, then perhaps I could up the cash and post a small bracket for a tournament of trainers, but we'll just see what the future brings first for this, okay.

Well, tell me what you think of the idea, and if it seems popular enough, then I'll post the first two trainers pretty soon!

Ciao for now!

Last edited by Manjoume Jun; 10-07-2004 at 11:05 PM.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:39 AM
LunaFlame Offline
Master Trainer

Default Re: The Pokémon Betting House

this sounds pretty cool
I want to join this club or whatever

Old 04-12-2005, 10:11 PM
King Zark Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to King Zark Send a message via MSN to King Zark Send a message via Yahoo to King Zark

This is a dead thread remember don't revive things that are more than 2 weeks old at the most.

BTW this is what I think of it
This sounds fun!

Can I try? So the max betting is $100 so how much do we start with?

Last edited by King Zark; 04-12-2005 at 10:14 PM.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:57 PM
Manjoume Jun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Manjoume Jun Send a message via MSN to Manjoume Jun

This game died and went to hell a VERY long time ago, about 6 months in fact, :P

No-one showed any interest, plus it clashing with the URPG was frowned upon.

Please leave this thread alone, it is dead and should've been left buried.