Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 05-07-2007, 08:27 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default PE2K Challenges You to the Pokemon TCG: Diamond and Pearl Prerelease Tournaments!

PE2K Challenges You to the Pokemon TCG: Diamond and Pearl Prerelease Tournaments!
-05/07/07-

Yes, I'm challenging you, everyone one of you, to the Pokemon TCG: Diamond and Pearl Prerelease Tournaments! The prerelease tournaments will be held on the weekends of May 12th-13th and May 19th-20th, in cities across the US. I'll be playing on May 20th, at Santa Clara, California. So if you ever wanted to challenge me, the webmaster of PE2K, here's your chance.

I never played in an official Pokemon Organized Play event (just playing the video games and working on this site is time consuming enough, plus I'm usually busy being the photographer at these events), although I have played the Pokemon TCG casually with friends. So go easy on me (yea, I'm sure you will). Whoever beats me first in the tournament, gets a free PE2K t-shirt if just mention it if you beat me.

Haven't Played Before?
The Pokemon TCG: Diamond and Pearl Prerelease Tournaments are a great way to learn how to play because of the less competitive environment. You can learn how to play through the online tutorial: http://www.pokemon-tcg.com/learnplay/. Plus, if you're unsure on something, there are judges at the event that can help you out.

No Deck? No Problem!
If you don't have a Pokemon TCG deck, no worries, you don't need to bring your own deck. The prerelease tournaments gives you 6 booster packs (included in the $25 admission fee) to build a deck to compete in the tournament (and of course, you get to keep all your cards when the tournament is over). On top of that, you get a free promo card and a Diamond/Pearl promotional item item as well (while supplies last). And once you complete the tournament, you get an additional two booster packs of Diamond and Pearl. So in the end, you get 8 booster packs for a $25 admission fee (buying them on their own at $3.79 each would cost you more than $30 already), plus you get the freebies like the promo card and the Diamond/Pearl promotional item. So it's a great deal, it's practically free with all the stuff you're getting.

-----

For more information, go here: Pokemon TCG: Diamond and Pearl Prerelease Tournaments - FAQ
For dates and locations, go here: Pokemon TCG: Diamond and Pearl Prerelease Tournaments - Locator

-----

*For news complete with pictures, go to the website: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com
Old 05-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi
Default Re: PE2K Challenges You to the Pokemon TCG: Diamond and Pearl Prerelease Tournaments!

Next time I'm in California, I'll be sure to stop bye. :P

Got any pictures of that PE2K T-Shirt? I want one now... XD
Old 05-07-2007, 09:45 PM
frontierbrainash Offline
New Trainer

Default Re: PE2K Challenges You to the Pokemon TCG: Diamond and Pearl Prerelease Tournaments!

hey i will be playing in lancaster, CA. now all i need is a ride.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:39 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rust View Post
Got any pictures of that PE2K T-Shirt? I want one now... XD
This was the design he showed me a long while ago, so it may look similar to this.

I can't go, too far north for me to drive.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 05-08-2007, 09:58 PM
okothnuva Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonElite2000 View Post
I'll be playing on May 20th, at Santa Clara, California. So if you ever wanted to challenge me, the webmaster of PE2K, here's your chance.
I'll take you up on that. :D
Old 05-08-2007, 10:09 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Sorry, but I live too far away, and my deck... is a long-neglected mess.

Old 05-08-2007, 10:57 PM
PumpkinKingManaphy Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to PumpkinKingManaphy Send a message via MSN to PumpkinKingManaphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontierbrainash View Post
hey i will be playing in lancaster, CA. now all i need is a ride.
Hey dude, I live in Lancaster, CA too. Unfortuantely, I'm not going...
Old 05-09-2007, 12:34 AM
Lord Torterra Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

dang...CA? i wish. i was planning to go, but so much for the tee. ah well, i guess those packs will make up for it!

^ Props to Bobby_Digital72 from Neoseeker.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:25 PM
Ali the Dark One Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via MSN to Ali the Dark One

I'll be there... to own your socks! The whole event sounds great, and just can't miss a chance to battle you Ryan, so if I were you, I'd watch out! Unless you're an Uber-Pro-TCG-Pokemon Player, in which case, I should watch out O_o
Old 05-12-2007, 09:54 PM
Espeon EX Offline

Send a message via MSN to Espeon EX

I wish I were there. I used to live in Orange County, California, but now I'm in Texas. So it'll be most unlikely that I won't be there. :(
Old 05-13-2007, 04:22 PM
WorkThoseStripes Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Gah! I live in England. There's no way I could ever get to an event like this. ]: Shame. It upsets me how all these events are in America. There has been a few in England, unless they were unofficial. It all still makes me very sad. ]: Anyone want to take me to Calafornia?
Umbreon
Done @ 1380
Old 05-18-2007, 03:05 AM
Epyon0015 Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Epyon0015 Send a message via Yahoo to Epyon0015

We are going to be there. Would like to win 1 of you Shirts. See you there
Supporter of Team Invasion
Old 05-19-2007, 02:57 PM
frontierbrainash Offline
New Trainer

i got the ride that i need. finally, now i can get the new cards i am a believer now. i thought that i wouldn't be able to get a ride
Old 05-19-2007, 04:42 PM
InvertrevnI Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to InvertrevnI Send a message via MSN to InvertrevnI

I live pretty damn close to this.

I might be showing up, probably not though. I haven't played the TCG in ages.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:23 AM
okothnuva Offline
Elite Trainer

Thanks for the shirt. :D