Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.

Old 06-04-2007, 05:04 AM
dusknoir Offline
Master Trainer

Default Re: Unoffical Pokemon Tournament 2007

Geji, does that mean your in? I'm sorta new here, so I don't really get all this forum stuff!
Old 06-04-2007, 01:38 PM
Gegi Offline
Amateur Trainer

Of course woudn't miss it unless its in agust -_-(So yeah I am in)
Old 06-04-2007, 03:14 PM
Vincent_Valentine_4 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Vincent_Valentine_4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sent Reglay View Post
You realize that no one good is going to join, because anyone with moderate skill doens't use legends.
That was a waste of a post in my opinion and once I get my non legendary team I'll smoke you it's just ignorant not to use legendaries why should I let a strong pokemon go to waste because some people complain about how good they are?
Back on topic it's nice to see some people joining so I'll have a challenge.
www.myspace.com/thomashoyt I are awesome
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ostcount=19347
Brawl FC:1633-3939-2142
"Put this in your sig if religion is just used to manipulate and control people."
Old 06-04-2007, 04:36 PM
Cybernetic Ghost Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusknoir View Post
Rules:-

- No swearing/cursing other people on Wi-Fi Voice Chat
- No boasting, be a good sport
- No cloned Pokemon
- Glitch Pokemon are okay
- Legendary are okay
- Pokemon Levels raised with a cheat is fine (it won't matter anyway because the battle is Lv 100, Legendaries allowed)
- No two of the same Pokemon on a team
- No bullying trainers who beat you
- Most of all, have fun!
No offense, but WHY would you allowed glitch pokemon, but not cloned, when cloned arnt even altered in any way and you cant even tell they are cloned to begin with? Dosnt make any sense to allow the use of a cheating device, but not an exploit within the game itself.

And I really hope you mention something about banning hacked pokemon, because if not, I hope someone uses an AR pokesav to get a Spiritomb with Wonder Guard lol.

Quote:
That was a waste of a post in my opinion and once I get my non legendary team I'll smoke you it's just ignorant not to use legendaries why should I let a strong pokemon go to waste because some people complain about how good they are?
Back on topic it's nice to see some people joining so I'll have a challenge.
Saying THAT is ignorant because a meta where legands are allowed allow no varity, creativity or innovation if you want to win, because a team of good nonlegends WILL get beaten by a team of legends unless the nonlegend user is substantially better than the legand user. Some people yeah, they complain about how good legends are, which, they ARE broken, and defending the blatant fact is foolish. Others, also including me, hate the fact that they destroy creativity as the usable pokemon in a meta with legends is like ~15 max to be honest.

Quote:
Just because you use legendaries doesn't mean you have no skill. Many legendaries like Zapdos, Suicune, and Azelf are considered OU and not Uber. Even some legendaries like Moltres and Entei are considered UU. And people who like using ubers have their own uber metagame. So I guess this tournament will mainly contain an uber metagame. Also, count me in.
Right, and thats why people complain about Ubers usally, not legends in general. I dont care if someone uses a trio(cat, bird, regi, pixie) or Manaphy, Jirachi, Celebi or Piophine. But the fact is, Mewtwo, Mew, Arceus and the like are broken, and theres no denying it. They take no real thought or strategy. You dont even really have to care about EV placement tbh. You can just go 252/252/4 and do fine.

yes.

Last edited by Cybernetic Ghost; 06-04-2007 at 04:38 PM.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:42 PM
Legend_Killer Offline
Experienced Trainer

Meh, I guess I'll join.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:48 PM
dusknoir Offline
Master Trainer

Thank you for joining!

Cybernetic Ghost, I will try and shape up the rules, but I have little spare time!
Old 06-04-2007, 04:53 PM
dusknoir Offline
Master Trainer

Gegi, if it was in august, by then I would've cancelled it - most people would be off on holiday.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:55 PM
Gegi Offline
Amateur Trainer

wait so we have to have lv 100's I only have like 5 lv 100's the other are on my friends Emerald so that he could be the Battle frontier
Old 06-04-2007, 05:00 PM
Cybernetic Ghost Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusknoir View Post
Thank you for joining!

Cybernetic Ghost, I will try and shape up the rules, but I have little spare time!
Eh, I know some rules people usally use...

Species Clause(No doubles of a pokemon on a team)
Sleep Clause(No inducing sleep on more than one opp. pokemon, Rest dosnt count against it)
Uber Clause(You arnt going with this, but bans Ubers)
No Hacked(As in, no hacked stats on a pokemon, moveset or ability)
No explosion on last pokemon
No evasion moves

Theres a few other ones, but those are the big ones from what I normally see. I cant think of any more off the top of my head acutally.

Sometimes people use Item Clauses, but im not a big fan. Its when you cant use more then one of the same item. They're ok at times, because they cause more strategy to come into play, but when your using Ubers, you may as well just leave it off, as there isnt many items most of them will use other than the Choice Items and Leftovers.

I SERIOUSLY think if your not banning anything else Pokemon wise, ban Arceus. He has the HIGHEST base stat total of all, and he hasnt even had an event in the entire world yet. Anybody WITH one hacked one, hacked the event, or got one from someone who did one of those two. Even in the Japanese verisions with the E4 glitch, you could only get Shaymin and Darkrai, but they couldnt get to Arceus(from what I understand off of Gamefaqs, at least).

yes.

Last edited by Cybernetic Ghost; 06-04-2007 at 05:06 PM.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:02 PM
Vincent_Valentine_4 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Vincent_Valentine_4

Yeah you're right that it does take less strategy but I guess it doesn't matter anyways because I'm making a non legendary team anyways but if I ever get the urge to deliver a beat down then my unstoppable team will be there. Is it possible to AR a Spiritombs ability to make it the Wonder Guard? I sure hope not. That is a cheat that I wouldn't like I would say just regular ARed pokemon are okay as long as they don't have any cheap messed up abilities like wonder guard.
www.myspace.com/thomashoyt I are awesome
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ostcount=19347
Brawl FC:1633-3939-2142
"Put this in your sig if religion is just used to manipulate and control people."
Old 06-04-2007, 05:07 PM
Cybernetic Ghost Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Valentine_4 View Post
Yeah you're right that it does take less strategy but I guess it doesn't matter anyways because I'm making a non legendary team anyways but if I ever get the urge to deliver a beat down then my unstoppable team will be there. Is it possible to AR a Spiritombs ability to make it the Wonder Guard? I sure hope not. That is a cheat that I wouldn't like I would say just regular ARed pokemon are okay as long as they don't have any cheap messed up abilities like wonder guard.
Yeah, its possible. You have to use pokesav or something, but its definatly possible.

yes.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:27 PM
dusknoir Offline
Master Trainer

Okay, Arceus is now banned from the competition. Anyone using him is disqualified. Actually, all Glitched Pokemon are banned now, unless stated otherwise. That makes it fair. No Darkrai, Arceus or Shaymin
Old 06-04-2007, 05:55 PM
dusknoir Offline
Master Trainer

Do you guys want a prize for winning the tournament or do you just want to be the Master of the Year?

I haven't got much to give to the winner.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:53 AM
dusknoir Offline
Master Trainer

Wink Re: Unoffical Pokemon Tournament 2007

This tournament is going down a bit. We only have six members, we need sixteen.

Could some of you say get your friends to join? We need to get this tournament running by the end of June.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:46 AM
darkcharizard Offline
Amateur Trainer

OK post the names of the trainers and the friend codes will come later after having the 16
traner and what about staring it in 25 june and we can also prepare signatures for the participant to it

I'm not going to use ubers Iwill only beat them