Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling » Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-06-2007, 03:27 AM
ultimateDK's Avatar
ultimateDK Offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 30
Default Cant decide on item for Garchomp

ok...Garchomp knows

-Earthquake
-Dragon Rush
-Aerial Ace (gonna get rid of it for fire fang or dragon claw soon)
-Crunch

what item do I give it? I have soft sand for the time being, because earthquake is essentially all I really use from Garchomp, but should I exploit its speed with razor fang/kings rock? give it a focus sash in case an ice beam comes at the start? I cant decide...
__________________
It's the bond that a trainer has with his Pokemon that lets him succeed.
Watching out for Dream Eater has become a hobby of mine.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-06-2007, 03:31 AM
Pokemaniac28 Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,498
Send a message via AIM to Pokemaniac28 Send a message via MSN to Pokemaniac28
Default Re: Cant decide on item for Garchomp

You should put swords dance in ur moveset somewhere and make him hold life orb.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-06-2007, 04:55 AM
Mr M's Avatar
Mr M Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cuddling Peach! Duh!
Posts: 1,741
Send a message via AIM to Mr M Send a message via MSN to Mr M Send a message via Yahoo to Mr M
Default Re: Cant decide on item for Garchomp

Or let it hold Choice Scarf or Choice Band. And yes put Sword Dance in.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-06-2007, 05:25 AM
Flaming Zigzagoon Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 86
Default Re: Cant decide on item for Garchomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr M View Post
Or let it hold Choice Scarf or Choice Band. And yes put Sword Dance in.
Uhm, if you're using a Choice item, definatly don't put in Swords Dance.

If you do use Swords Dance, give it something like Life Orb. Give it Dragon Claw over Dragon Rush. Get rid of Aerial Ace for Fire Fang like you said. Keep Earthquake. So it should be Swords Dance, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Fire Fang.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-06-2007, 05:33 AM
Mr M's Avatar
Mr M Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cuddling Peach! Duh!
Posts: 1,741
Send a message via AIM to Mr M Send a message via MSN to Mr M Send a message via Yahoo to Mr M
Default Re: Cant decide on item for Garchomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Zigzagoon View Post
Uhm, if you're using a Choice item, definatly don't put in Swords Dance.

If you do use Swords Dance, give it something like Life Orb. Give it Dragon Claw over Dragon Rush. Get rid of Aerial Ace for Fire Fang like you said. Keep Earthquake. So it should be Swords Dance, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Fire Fang.
Lol! Well it sort of works for me in my Double battles! I mostly use complex combinations.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-06-2007, 06:04 AM
Flaming Zigzagoon Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 86
Default Re: Cant decide on item for Garchomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr M View Post
Lol! Well it sort of works for me in my Double battles! I mostly use complex combinations.
Choice items only let you stick to one move until you switch. So if you use Swords Dance, you'll get an attack boost, but you can't use an attacking move, you can only keep using Swords Dance. Also, remember, when you switch, all your stat boosts reset back to normal.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-06-2007, 02:06 PM
Archeopterix's Avatar
Archeopterix Offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 618
Default Re: Cant decide on item for Garchomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Zigzagoon View Post
Choice items only let you stick to one move until you switch. So if you use Swords Dance, you'll get an attack boost, but you can't use an attacking move, you can only keep using Swords Dance. Also, remember, when you switch, all your stat boosts reset back to normal.
Interesting. So if I give a Garchomp Stat-Boosting moves, I should give it Life Orb?
__________________

Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites. - Karen
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-06-2007, 03:44 PM
The Maple Syrup Baptist Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In Canada being Canadian.
Posts: 7,123
Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist
Default Re: Cant decide on item for Garchomp

I use Ninjask to Baton Pass 2 levels of Attack and 3 levels of Speed to my Garchomp, so I use Dragon Claw, EQ, Crunch, and Fire Fang. I equip Leftovers to recover HP from the BP switch in. And it slays.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-06-2007, 10:31 PM
sp0rk Offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 31
Default Re: Cant decide on item for Garchomp

Depending on what you want to use it for:

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Jolly
252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
-Dragon Claw
-Fire Fang/Crunch
-Earthquake
-Swords Dance
Find something without Ice Beam, set up Swords Dances on it, sweep. I picked the Jolly nature since your attack shouldn't make much of a difference after a swords dance or two.

Garchomp @ Choice Band
Adamant/Jolly
252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
-Fire Fang
-Outrage
-Crunch/Stone Edge
-Earthquake
Switch in, wreak havoc, switch out. Outrage works very well with this because it is 120 base power with STAB that is neutral to most pokes, and its downside (confusion after 2-3 rounds) doesn't affect a choice bander anyways since it will be switched out by then. Outrage can kill a full HP and Def Milotic in two hits.
__________________
My only shiny!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-07-2007, 03:49 AM
ultimateDK's Avatar
ultimateDK Offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 30
Default Re: Cant decide on item for Garchomp

But I won't be using Garchomp against a Milotic anytime soon (darn the ice beam!) so I would prob stick with life orb. but I don't see the point of swords dance, because Garchomp is supposed to hit fast and hard, and if i get caught in an ice beam garchomp is dead meat. I dont feel like waiting a turn, and would rather keep crunch as a surprise anyways, but thats just me...
__________________
It's the bond that a trainer has with his Pokemon that lets him succeed.
Watching out for Dream Eater has become a hobby of mine.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-07-2007, 03:29 PM
Dark_Azelf's Avatar
Dark_Azelf Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lurking ^_^
Posts: 867
Default Re: Cant decide on item for Garchomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimateDK View Post
But I won't be using Garchomp against a Milotic anytime soon (darn the ice beam!) so I would prob stick with life orb. but I don't see the point of swords dance, because Garchomp is supposed to hit fast and hard, and if i get caught in an ice beam garchomp is dead meat. I dont feel like waiting a turn, and would rather keep crunch as a surprise anyways, but thats just me...
Go with Life Orb or Choice Band but if you are scared of taking an Ice Beam you could always give it a Yache Berry (Reduces Ice Type Moves Against you )






Dark_Azelf
__________________
Records Gen 4;
OU Shoddy → #2 on ladder. (Smogon)
UU Shoddy → #1 on ladder. (Smogon)
NU Shoddy → #1 on ladder. (CAP)
Gen 4 WIFI Record → W ~92| L 8
Records Gen 5;
OU B/W → #1 on ladder. (Smogon)
LU B/W #1 Ladder (PO)
GSC OU → #3 on ladder. (PO)
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-07-2007, 05:16 PM
Vincent_Valentine_4's Avatar
Vincent_Valentine_4 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Federal Way,WA
Posts: 3,153
Send a message via AIM to Vincent_Valentine_4
Default Re: Cant decide on item for Garchomp

Does Garchomp learn Outrage by leveling up? I want that and I just use the dragon fang with my Garchomp so dragon claw usually does the job but OutRage is perfect because he would die pretty quick so he could kill somebody first. And Mine is Adamant Natured with the speed boost for his second nature thing. He has like 168 or so attack on 50 and like 138 speed and everything but Sp. Attack is like around 100 so I think he's pretty good.
__________________
Fc:1332-5847-5462
http://www.perfectworld.com.
My current Character is ItzPaine
www.myspace.com/thomashoyt I are awesome
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ostcount=19347
Brawl FC:1633-3939-2142
"Put this in your sig if religion is just used to manipulate and control people."
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-07-2007, 05:27 PM
Dark_Azelf's Avatar
Dark_Azelf Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lurking ^_^
Posts: 867
Default Re: Cant decide on item for Garchomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Valentine_4 View Post
Does Garchomp learn Outrage by leveling up? I want that and I just use the dragon fang with my Garchomp so dragon claw usually does the job but OutRage is perfect because he would die pretty quick so he could kill somebody first. And Mine is Adamant Natured with the speed boost for his second nature thing. He has like 168 or so attack on 50 and like 138 speed and everything but Sp. Attack is like around 100 so I think he's pretty good.

Nope, Garchomp learns Outrage as an Egg move through breeding






Dark_Azelf
__________________
Records Gen 4;
OU Shoddy → #2 on ladder. (Smogon)
UU Shoddy → #1 on ladder. (Smogon)
NU Shoddy → #1 on ladder. (CAP)
Gen 4 WIFI Record → W ~92| L 8
Records Gen 5;
OU B/W → #1 on ladder. (Smogon)
LU B/W #1 Ladder (PO)
GSC OU → #3 on ladder. (PO)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com