Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 06:45 PM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers
Default Pokemon, Live-Action Movie

it's a regular movie with human characters but the Pokemon are computerized or hand drawn (see Who Framed Roger Rabbit or Looney Tunes: Back in Action)

personally, i think this would be an awesome idea but hard to produce seeing how it would first be done in Japan then it would have to come here. i haven't been that interested in the Pokemon movies lately, seeing them years after they premiere... but if they make a movie like this, ill be second in line

what do you guys think?

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 10-14-2004, 07:54 PM
Dark_Legendary_Master Offline
New Trainer

Default Re: Pokemon, Live-Action Movie

I REALLY HIGHLY DOUBT IT. Pokemon is MEANT to be anime, not a piece of crap comedy like looney tunes. Get used to it. Pokemon will be staying as anime for a very long time.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:14 PM
Agent Orange Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Agent Orange

Who framed Rodger Rabbit, heh, classic.

Althought they probly won't, I would like to see that happen, although it might be better to stay as an anime. The last pokemon movie I saw was like...2000.
Old 10-15-2004, 04:57 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

They tried putting Peanuts in live action, and that was a flop in my opinion. They're better off in the comic, the guy who played Snoopy was not even realistic with the character. NOt even putting a mask on him would've helped. They can't put Pokemon in live action, it wouldn't work.

Seen Scooby Doo the live action movies? They would use computer stuff to bring the Pokemon to life like Scooby Doo the dog.
Old 10-19-2004, 05:55 AM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Matthew Send a message via Yahoo to Matthew

computer stuff? :susp... pfft! XD

It's called CGI, and I would see it regardless of how people reacted to my decision to see it.... I would love to see a live action Pokemon movie :P
Old 10-19-2004, 11:57 AM
Thanatos Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Thanatos Send a message via MSN to Thanatos Send a message via Yahoo to Thanatos

I agree, if they could pull it off well, then i'd be worthwhile to see.

Ryu Paladin

Lugia
Level 100 @ 5810 posts
VPP
Old 10-19-2004, 02:56 PM
Dark_Umbreon Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Dark_Umbreon

it'd be too weird and seeing as people have already seen the pokemon in computer 3d in nature on games like pokemon snap, hey you pikachu and pokemon channel then the movie wouldnt have much of a punch on people with the computerised animation IMO
Old 10-19-2004, 02:59 PM
DragonShane Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to DragonShane

Ggh...I don't think I could see Pokemon as a live-action movie...and the thought kinda scares me too..

ESPECIALLY if it were to be done by an American company...No way in heck would I want to see a Spy Kids/Cody Banks/Thunderbirds-esque kids movie featuring our favorite characters...

Not to mention the designs of the human characters wouldn't translate well to live-action...Do you really think they'd get Jesse's hair right? :P
Old 10-19-2004, 05:03 PM
Dark_Umbreon Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Dark_Umbreon

would Brock's actor be willing to close his eyes through the whole filming process to get Brock's eyes right? Somehow I cant see that
Old 10-19-2004, 09:48 PM
DancinPurpleNinetales Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to DancinPurpleNinetales Send a message via Yahoo to DancinPurpleNinetales

i always wanted to write a live action pokemon movie...but i would never leave it in the hands of others,. i would like it if like it was made realistic, like how they would look in our world. Like jess's hair wouldnt be all wacked out and you could like see fur on pikachu or scales on a goldeen. i think if done carefully and with alot of love for pokemon it would come out good. sadly not alot of people would do that so its a scury idea. yes i say scury not scary lol. :P

*~* Oh Yeh You Know You Love It *~*
Old 10-20-2004, 11:16 PM
Synod Offline
New Trainer

I think after this "Dragon Ball" live action movie comes out, people will learn not to make an anime into a live action movie. Rest my case.

Pwnd.
Old 10-23-2004, 12:47 PM
Ash & Kyogre Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Ash & Kyogre Send a message via Yahoo to Ash & Kyogre

I remember reading in Becket Anime Collector that they're making a live-action Sailor Moon show (or movie, can't remember) so it could happen w/ Pokemon too. And if it had a really good writer and director and actors and good computer effects and stuff it could actually be pretty good. I just hope that if they do make one they make it in America. (can't stand that horrible dubbing ) Now on to casting...
Old 12-28-2004, 07:50 PM
Trainer_Kelly Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash & Kyogre
I remember reading in Becket Anime Collector that they're making a live-action Sailor Moon show (or movie, can't remember) so it could happen w/ Pokemon too. And if it had a really good writer and director and actors and good computer effects and stuff it could actually be pretty good. I just hope that if they do make one they make it in America. (can't stand that horrible dubbing ) Now on to casting...
Your right. They did make a live action Sailor Moon...I've seen it. If Pokémon Turned into a live-action show, it would be really cool!~nya! For people who say it would be junk, it wouldn't be. I actually used to think about a live action Pokémon when I was younger...>.> The Live Action Sailor Moon Came out great...and the effects almost looked real. O_o Plus, Nihon has some of the best CG artist. Also, if they did make one and decided to bring it here, it would just be subtitles...*loves subbed versions*

I'm turning into Tsukino Usagi from Sailor Moon...^^;

Pokémon Rocks!~nya! XD

OCsxActual Characters sometimes are better couples then ones in the actually Show or Book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer_Kelly
Uncut is Always Better
Ok, I didn't post it, but I say that a lot...
Old 12-28-2004, 09:49 PM
Metal Mario Offline
Master Trainer

That would be cool butthat would never happen

My VPP

Level 100 @ 604

Closed Thread