Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 10-20-2004, 05:33 AM
DancinPurpleNinetales Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to DancinPurpleNinetales Send a message via Yahoo to DancinPurpleNinetales
Default veggie

i just wondered how many people on here are vegitarian/ vegan if any? im vegitarian working towards vegan. and to all of you that are not i would just like to say when you go vegitarian you are helping the planet, your health and stoping the unnessery suffering of animals

oh and visit here...

http://www.peta2.com/p2vsk_flash/index2.html

OPEN YOUR HEARTS AND MINDS!

*~* Oh Yeh You Know You Love It *~*
Old 10-20-2004, 06:03 AM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Matthew Send a message via Yahoo to Matthew
Default Re: veggie

Well... actually it is recommended that you have meat in your diet to live a healthy life... and the more vegetarians there are, the more harm you are causing the planet because you are eating its plant life, and the food of many animals need to survive... so it can also be harmful to the world on a wide-scale perspective
Old 10-20-2004, 10:54 AM
Manjoume Jun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Manjoume Jun Send a message via MSN to Manjoume Jun

I'm afraid to say that I'm a 99% salad-dodger, so the animals are gonna' have to put up with that I'm afraid.

The only veggies I eat are peas and potatoes, and as for fruit, I'm a 100% banana-guy! Nothing else!

Go, meat-feast pizza!!!
Old 10-20-2004, 05:29 PM
ashkelon Offline
Elite Trainer

<smiles showing fangs> Yummy. yummy, cow. slurp.

If you are willing to put the time and effort into it, HUMANS (not cats for sure) can get a reasonable protein and amino acid mix using a combination of legumes, nuts and rice. But most people won't or can't put the effort into it.

Instead they call themselves vegita...whatsits and just eat macaroni and cheese... And uh, do you still wear leather? Use glue, shampoo, crayons? Drink milk -- you know, nice cows make milk for baby cows -- not because it's fun -- and since YOU are drinking it.. those liddle cows went somewhere... And if your eggs aren't coming from free-range chickens, they aren't coming from the happy farm either.

If you are going to preach the doctrine of I'm a holy meatless whatever -- do some research and see how many products you are actually willin' to give up because there's animal in there somewhere

That said...

OK, I completely understand not eating meat because it's esthetically revolting to a person. I don't eat meat from the grocery for that reason, it smells like carrion coming out of the package -- and full of hormones, antibiotics, etc. YUCK. I do eat free range meat from animals that I know personally and know the kind and quality of life they live, and were offed in reasonably kind and stress-free ways.

Old 10-20-2004, 07:04 PM
Shael Offline
Master Trainer

I've thought about it once, after I read this really disturbing article about a Korean girl who ate her boyfriend (the article had pics...) and how she wrote in her diary about how good each of his body parts tasted and stuff. I wasn't able to eat meat for a week after I read that...@_@

but I returned to normal, and as much as a veggie lover as I am, I still wouldn't be able to survive without meat
Old 10-20-2004, 07:17 PM
ashkelon Offline
Elite Trainer

Eeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyuuuuuuuuuuuwwwwwwwww! Nasty!

I had the same thing happen when I read this book about some guys that where in a plane crash somewhere in the Andes... But no pictures there, thank Hecate.

I have several snakes and other pets (as well as the dogs). I figure we are what the gods made us, I ain't going to argue with the way the snakes and the ferret are put together. I think they're pretty close to perfect they way they are. So we each eat what we eat and I'll jest enjoy it while I can

BTW Shael, your sig quote gave me the shivers. Goood.

Old 10-20-2004, 08:33 PM
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to DancinPurpleNinetales Send a message via Yahoo to DancinPurpleNinetales

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkelon
<smiles showing fangs> Yummy. yummy, cow. slurp.

If you are willing to put the time and effort into it, HUMANS (not cats for sure) can get a reasonable protein and amino acid mix using a combination of legumes, nuts and rice. But most people won't or can't put the effort into it.

Instead they call themselves vegita...whatsits and just eat macaroni and cheese... And uh, do you still wear leather? Use glue, shampoo, crayons? Drink milk -- you know, nice cows make milk for baby cows -- not because it's fun -- and since YOU are drinking it.. those liddle cows went somewhere... And if your eggs aren't coming from free-range chickens, they aren't coming from the happy farm either.

If you are going to preach the doctrine of I'm a holy meatless whatever -- do some research and see how many products you are actually willin' to give up because there's animal in there somewhere

That said...

OK, I completely understand not eating meat because it's esthetically revolting to a person. I don't eat meat from the grocery for that reason, it smells like carrion coming out of the package -- and full of hormones, antibiotics, etc. YUCK. I do eat free range meat from animals that I know personally and know the kind and quality of life they live, and were offed in reasonably kind and stress-free ways.
i do research, i dont eat eggs or cheese or drink milk and their are cruelty free shampoos, cleaning products and such, i would never wear animal. i said i was working towards it, i somtimes use products with animal in it but the point isnt to be perfect and pure but to help end suffering the best you can. and to matthew...the land used for facotry farms could be used to grow plants and crap to feed the starving people of this world where animals cant, same goes for the massive amounts of grain the animals eat. besides if we can be healthy ww/o meat than why eat it...and im not trying to argue so dont u try , i wanted to inform u people, i dont care what u eat...i love u anyways!

Old 10-20-2004, 08:49 PM
ashkelon Offline
Elite Trainer

[used to grow plants and crap to feed the starving people of this world ]

Glad I'm not starving under this plan
plants are OK
I have serious problems with the rest of the menu

Old 10-20-2004, 09:33 PM
Manjoume Jun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Manjoume Jun Send a message via MSN to Manjoume Jun

Well, turn of events for me, today for my tea (dinner, whatever), I had mashed potato, peas and some pork.

I ate the mashed potato, ate the peas, and didn't touch the pork...

What does that make me?
It looked tasty, but I wasn't hungry!

*cracks up*

I can't do it!
Old 10-20-2004, 11:16 PM
VenusaurTrainer Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to VenusaurTrainer Send a message via MSN to VenusaurTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to VenusaurTrainer

IMO being a vegitarian is not healty at all you need meat and protein in your daily life to stay healthy. If you think you can just take vitimans for the rest of your life but you still wouldn't be as healthy.
Old 10-21-2004, 04:19 AM
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenusaurTrainer
IMO being a vegitarian is not healty at all you need meat and protein in your daily life to stay healthy. If you think you can just take vitimans for the rest of your life but you still wouldn't be as healthy.

im healthier than i have ever been in my life, there are many ways to get protein, i eat fake meat which has protein and is alot healthier, you shouldnt always trust society, many other natural things are full of protein as well. do some research before you challange me please. and sorry i cant spell, sue me already

EDIT: oh yeh and im not hateing on u guys so theres no need to hate on me. i need friends not enemys.

Last edited by DancinPurpleNinetales; 10-21-2004 at 04:21 AM.
Old 10-21-2004, 06:13 AM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Heh. I Respect your respect for the envirometn... but I've been raised my whole life eating meat... so it would be rather difficult for me to revert to being a vegitarian. I love veggies. Just recently, I found a love for broccoli. I used to hate it... but I tried it and I was like Yummy!!! I also like to eat some salads, and I love oragnes, grapes, watermelon, apples, banannas, pinapples, and cocunuts... heh... I try to not eat tons of meat... but I can't help it
Old 10-21-2004, 07:02 AM
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew
Heh. I Respect your respect for the envirometn... but I've been raised my whole life eating meat... so it would be rather difficult for me to revert to being a vegitarian. I love veggies. Just recently, I found a love for broccoli. I used to hate it... but I tried it and I was like Yummy!!! I also like to eat some salads, and I love oragnes, grapes, watermelon, apples, banannas, pinapples, and cocunuts... heh... I try to not eat tons of meat... but I can't help it

thanks for respecting me! i was scared for a minute

Old 10-21-2004, 10:27 PM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

No need to be scared. This community is rather kind and amiable... so don't be timid around us... we don't mean to intimidate you. Keep on postin and keep it real :P
Old 10-21-2004, 10:48 PM
Dragonair Offline
New Trainer

I can respect the choice of vegetarians and vegans because it's their life and it's no business of mine to tell them what to do. The only time vegetarians/vegans bother me is when a couple arrogant loudmouths decide it's their business to tell me how bad a person because I eat meat.

And personally I developed a strong dislike for soy products. They just taste nasty to me.