Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 10-31-2004, 08:43 PM
Seven Offline

Default Re: President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash & Kyogre
Fine then I won't. I also like GWB because he isn't so against guns like John Kerry(he's voted against the 2nd Ammendment and he's voted to tax gun owners). GWB doesn't always vote to raise taxes like some. Plus, GWB isn't ugly!!!!!!!
Bush raises taxes for the poor, and lowers them for the rich. wtf o_O.

Guns are not meant for regular people...There'd be a lot less deaths if gins were to become resticted to only certain people. 2nd ammendment is outdated...
Where I live, almost no civilians own a gun, and it works just great.

and oh, you're right, Bush is so hot, he's like, WOW, *drool*. NO wonder he's against gaymarriage, I bet he has to literally hit the guys off of him. [/sarcasm]

oh and btw, altough I may seem like a bitter female dog now, I'm a nice person really XD. *hugs all offended people*
Old 10-31-2004, 08:47 PM
Ash & Kyogre Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Ash & Kyogre Send a message via Yahoo to Ash & Kyogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven

Guns are not meant for regular people...There'd be a lot less deaths if gins were to become resticted to only certain people. 2nd ammendment is outdated...

and oh, you're right, Bush is so hot, he's like, WOW, *drool*. NO wonder he's against gaymarriage, I bet he has to literally hit the guys off of him. [/sarcasm]

oh and btw, altough I may seem like a bitter female dog now, I'm a nice person really XD. *hugs all offended people*
1. Not all true.
2. I think people should be allowed to have guns to go hunting, maybe start a gun safety class. :P
3. Lol, I didn't say he's hot, I just said he isn't ugly like Kerry. BTW, there are some teenage girls at my school who call Bush hot and say that they are going to kill Laura Bush so that they can marry him. Hey, if it was Clinton, they wouldn't have to kill Hilary!
4. Extremely inappropriate content

Last edited by Kenny_C.002; 11-01-2004 at 01:53 AM.
Old 10-31-2004, 10:50 PM
Alakazam Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Alakazam

Quote:
Marriage is the union between a man and a woman, God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve!
That's your opinion, but there are many ways to interpret the Bible, and no one interpretation is superior or more accurate than any other. This is a country consisting of people of many creeds. You can't just submit all American's to Christian beliefs, especially when it creates second-class citizens.

Quote:
Fine then I won't. I also like GWB because he isn't so against guns like John Kerry(he's voted against the 2nd Ammendment and he's voted to tax gun owners). GWB doesn't always vote to raise taxes like some. Plus, GWB isn't ugly!!!!!!!
Kerry has said that he isn't going to raise taxes on anyone earning earning less than $200,000 per year. And guns? The less weapons around, the safer we'll be.

Quote:
There's this one gay guy I my school and he said that one of the reasons he likes Kerry better is because [I]he's so stylish (stywish!)
So? A candidates integrity isn't lessened by one person's foolish reasons. You just said yourself that one of your reasons for supporting Bush is because "GWB isn't ugly!!!!!! " I find that to be very hypocritical.

Quote:
1. Not all true. Oh really? I disagree.
2. I think people should be allowed to have guns to go hunting, maybe start a gun safety class. :P Sure they should, but we still need gun control to do our best to keep weapons out of the hands or criminals and children
3. Lol, I didn't say he's hot, I just said he isn't ugly like Kerry. BTW, there are some teenage girls at my school who call Bush hot and say that they are going to kill Laura Bush so that they can marry him. Hey, if it was Clinton, they wouldn't have to kill Hilary! So, lemme make sure I get this: One of the qualities you think are important in a leader are looks? That just doesn't make any sense whatsoever. They're competing to be president, not a model.
4. extremely inappropriate content
You're last comment was not funny and completely inappropriate, kidding or not. For those confused, this was in reference to the deleted portion of the post
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

Last edited by Kenny_C.002; 11-01-2004 at 01:54 AM.
Old 11-01-2004, 01:52 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
2. I think people should be allowed to have guns to go hunting, maybe start a gun safety class. :P
Michael Moore actually documented that GUN CONTROL INCREASES THE SAFETY OF THE AREA IN WHICH IT IS ENFORCED. Remember that gun control doesn't mean that nobody's gonna have a gun. It's just to make sure the guns don't run amock.
Old 11-01-2004, 02:20 AM
Alakazam Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002
Michael Moore actually documented that GUN CONTROL INCREASES THE SAFETY OF THE AREA IN WHICH IT IS ENFORCED. Remember that gun control doesn't mean that nobody's gonna have a gun. It's just to make sure the guns don't run amock.
Right. That's a very common misconception among gun owners in the US.
Old 11-01-2004, 04:44 AM
DancinPurpleNinetales Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to DancinPurpleNinetales Send a message via Yahoo to DancinPurpleNinetales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven

lol i love u! u totaly reek of awesomeness! :hugs: and i so love what u said about spreading hate instead of love. that was u rite? god u rock hahah...did i make u uncomfortable?lol

*~* Oh Yeh You Know You Love It *~*
Old 11-01-2004, 06:07 AM
Thanatos Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Thanatos Send a message via MSN to Thanatos Send a message via Yahoo to Thanatos

Uhh...murder isn't so high over here in Australia, mainly because guns are not allowed. There are a lot of psychos out there, do you sleep better holding onto a gun...knowing there are others out there with guns?

All this christian talk, makes me think just how "free" America is! What about all the buddhists, hindus, muslims, and various other religions who don't believe the world revolves around a christian god.

Abortion...well, this is without a doubt a very touchy subject. I believe that abortions should be allowed for such things as incest, and more importantly disability. If the parents can not handle having a disabled child, then they should be allowed to abort. Another touchy one is teenage abortion. If the teens are stupid enough to not use protection then maybe they should have the baby, or put it up for adoption. Teens don't the funds for a child. Another one is rape victims, someone who didn't concent to sexual behaviour doesn't diserve to have the child of someone that hurt them.

The entire looks argument has to stop. Who cares, as long as the job is well done.

The war in Iraq is another reason Bush should not win the election. Until they have proof, they should stop killing the innocents. Sure, once a whole city is bombed no-one seems to care, but when ONE american soldier is captured and killed, everyone seems to worry.

I'm sorry to bush enthusiasts, but he has made some truly stupid decisions and statements. Anyone see the Sovereignty speech? He thought that it was a Sovereign entity You can tell the speechwriters are just standing there going "Read from the speech!!"

That's my opinion. If I were american, I would not vote for bush. What I wish would happen is if the minority got into office. Instead of the normal middle age caucasion man, perhaps a African American, or a Women, or a buddhist, or perhaps even a Afican American Women who is a Buddhist! That'd be a change of pace.

Ryu Paladin

Lugia
Level 100 @ 5810 posts
VPP

Last edited by Thanatos; 11-01-2004 at 06:13 AM.
Old 11-01-2004, 08:15 PM
JohtoTrainer Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to JohtoTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to JohtoTrainer

You, know what, all you Kerry supporters are really annoying me wth the "Bush is so stupid arugment" well, guess what? Bush's IQ is actually about 10 points higher than Kerry's. ALso, Bush graduated from Yale, along with HARVARD Bussiness School. So you petty little argument of Bush being ignorant is worthless.

This suit is black not.
Old 11-01-2004, 08:20 PM
DancinPurpleNinetales Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to DancinPurpleNinetales Send a message via Yahoo to DancinPurpleNinetales

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohtoTrainer
You, know what, all you Kerry supporters are really annoying me wth the "Bush is so stupid arugment" well, guess what? Bush's IQ is actually about 10 points higher than Kerry's. ALso, Bush graduated from Yale, along with HARVARD Bussiness School. So you petty little argument of Bush being ignorant is worthless.

book smart aint the only or smart or the most important smart in that case

*~* Oh Yeh You Know You Love It *~*
Old 11-01-2004, 08:34 PM
Alakazam Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohtoTrainer
I apologize for all of us Kerry supporters annoying you, JT. How about I explain exactly why I/we believe that he's incompent, to hopefully ease your state of annoyance.

I'm glad you brought that up, JT. You see, IQ has long been a controversial measurement of one's mental capacity. In other words, it's pretty much a test of mental potential. I judge Bush'd intelect from his words and his actions, not soley based on his Intellience Quotient. He decided to grant himself and his administration beyond the extent of the law, drove the economy into turmoil, spent more money than any president in 50 years, and spews hateful propaganda.

It is true that he graduated for Harvard and Yale, though I very much doubt that he was admitted on his own merits. When your father is George H. W. Bush, there's nothing money can't buy. Not to mention the fact that Bush has done almost nothing to show for the degrees he's earned. His father got him onto the executive boards of various companies throughout his early career, and he drove every single one of them into the ground.

So, in short, my argument that Bush is an ignorant fool isn't little, petty, or worthless.
Old 11-01-2004, 09:52 PM
Nymphetamine Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Nymphetamine

simply read my sig
they'll never be, anything, anything at all...
(this isn't me i'm not mechanical)
Old 11-01-2004, 10:00 PM
JohtoTrainer Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Even if he didn't get in on his own merits (which you still have to have straight A's to get into Harvard even if you pay for it) He still graduated, which atleast means something. And Kerry is not exactly great with words either

This suit is black not.
Old 11-01-2004, 10:07 PM
Ierdar Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ierdar Send a message via MSN to Ierdar Send a message via Yahoo to Ierdar

You're right, Kerry isn't much better.

And know what JT? I'm sick and tired of people saying how morally great Bush is. BULL ****!

How's this for morals, going into a contry and taking their oil? Great morals, huh?

Or this? Goes in and kills thousands of innocent people? How wonderful are those morals?

And we're trying to set up a better government and all that crap? How about this, taking their only means of economics and damning them to an economic depression?

Oh, btw, Bush, have you forgotten about Bin Ladin? Here's a hint where to find him...HE'S NOT IN IRAQ!

Well...guess you know who I'm for...Go Kerry? =P
Old 11-01-2004, 10:59 PM
JohtoTrainer Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Ierdar, if we were taking more oil from them then we always have, then why are our gas prices at their highest?

This suit is black not.
Old 11-01-2004, 11:01 PM
Ierdar Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ierdar Send a message via MSN to Ierdar Send a message via Yahoo to Ierdar

lol, I honestly can't asnwer that. =\ But, then again, should have been more prepared for that.

Well, here's my guess, because o_o I know, not much to back that up. =P but think of it from the market's point of view, basicly free oil, sell for more, make more. =\ Just my theory.