Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Battles » Tournaments

Tournaments URPG Tournaments will be created and held here. No tournament may be started without authorization from an officer.

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 10:42 PM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers
Default Tournament Rules

Since all this deletion and moving around of forums... i've had second thoughts about the tournament. it's taking way too long and there are other tournaments we should start.

Here's what i am going to do:
- eliminate the losers bracket and make it single elimination for the 6 people left in the winners bracket.

Ok, there ya go. This is how the rest of the tourney will play out. 3v3, no items, g/s rules. Battle over IM or forum-- whichever.

Refs:
Jack
Curtis
Hkim
Dap
Nintendo (if he wants to)

-Remaining players-

Tankx vs Jack

Shroomish vs Matthew

Curtis vs Matt

Prizes:
1st- A legendary of their choice not already taken and a hold item (ex. Pink Bow). $5,000
2nd- Any Pokemon of their choice, non evolved or a holding item. $3,000
3rd- A Pokemon from the Pokemart of their choice and $1,000.

I know Shroomish said she was dropping out, but I'm hoping that she stays in the tourney now. After this round it will be a round robin tournament style where the last three people will battle each other and the person with the most points wins.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 03-13-2004, 08:08 AM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge
Default Re: Tournament Rules

Jack, this is so unfair for the people in the Loser Bracket. Let it take as long as it wants, but we want Fairness(fair as in...not the Bob Dole fan), we went a long way in the Loser Bracket and you just ditch it? That's a little...something. Bah.
Old 03-18-2004, 02:25 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

Raik, I completely agree. I don't care if I was gonna battle you or if I was gonna lose to you. I just wanted to battle this time and have a good battle. I was SCREWED in Round 1 due to small party size but this is even worse! .
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!
Old 03-18-2004, 04:23 PM
Articunoboy93 Offline
New Trainer

Question Re: Tournament Rules

Sounds cool, but how do I get my first Pokemon?
Old 03-18-2004, 04:34 PM
Raddstealth316 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Raddstealth316 Send a message via Yahoo to Raddstealth316

Request one in the thread in general...

go here: http://www.empireirc.net/pokemonelit...1364#post11364

As for this situation yes I know it takes a long time but I still find this unfair... I would love to keep battling in it as I was only a newbie when I first entered the tourny and got knocked out straight away...but with the losers bracket I could stand a chance of doing well...alot of people are going to be disapointed at this action...oh well though if this is the final decision we must deal with it and get ready for the next tournament{is it the tag team one jack?}

UrPg Co-OfFiCiAl

VPP Slowbro. LV 100 @ 1191.
(sprite credit to Soara)

~#Raddstealth316#~

Last edited by Raddstealth316; 03-18-2004 at 04:46 PM.
Old 03-18-2004, 05:29 PM
Articunoboy93 Offline
New Trainer

Unhappy Re: Tournament Rules

Could I choose Smoochum for my starter??
Old 03-18-2004, 08:22 PM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

because it's taken this long, yes there is a change from when you first started to now. but it is still unfair for those that haven't improved significantly. it's not the same as when the tournament first started. people have changed so much since the start, this isn't even the same tournament practically.
plus, not everyone is even interested in this tournament now. Shroomish posted she wants out. I'm considering dropping out ('cause im running it and shouldn't be participating). Vex and Torchicken I haven't heard word or seen from. And a number of others that are rarely on enough as is. You could practically win the tournament by dropouts. it would probably be better to just drop the whole tournament... and start a new one.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 03-18-2004, 08:28 PM
Raddstealth316 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Raddstealth316 Send a message via Yahoo to Raddstealth316

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_leprachaun33
because it's taken this long, yes there is a change from when you first started to now. but it is still unfair for those that haven't improved significantly. it's not the same as when the tournament first started. people have changed so much since the start, this isn't even the same tournament practically.
plus, not everyone is even interested in this tournament now. Shroomish posted she wants out. I'm considering dropping out ('cause im running it and shouldn't be participating). Vex and Torchicken I haven't heard word or seen from. And a number of others that are rarely on enough as is. You could practically win the tournament by dropouts. it would probably be better to just drop the whole tournament... and start a new one.

~Jack~
Yep I think I totally agree now, alot of the people who signed up just dropped out straight away...maybe the best thing to do would to start the new one in the summer when alot of people are active and aren't likely to drop out?

UrPg Co-OfFiCiAl

VPP Slowbro. LV 100 @ 1191.
(sprite credit to Soara)

~#Raddstealth316#~
Old 03-18-2004, 10:10 PM
Killik Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Killik

But then the war and the tournament will both be on summer time and it could get really confusing.
Old 03-21-2004, 09:55 PM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

confusing? nah.

as for this tournament... it's over. stay tuned for future tournaments and they will be much faster. i'll even do them Figgy style

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Closed Thread