Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 10-30-2004, 10:11 PM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi
Default Re: The Patriot Act II: A clear sign of the erosion of democracy in America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazam
The Patriot Act IS unconstitutional, but I haven't heard that is doesn't exist anymore. Where did he here that from?

And Jack, you're absolutely right. They should have a reprinting of 1984 and call it "George Orwell's 2004". >_<
I'll ask him when he comes back to my house.
Old 10-31-2004, 01:44 AM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Matthew Send a message via Yahoo to Matthew
Default Re: The Patriot Act II: A clear sign of the erosion of democracy in America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew
You got to be kidding me!!! I can't beleive that a second Patriot Act has been passed.... I was fine with the first one, but this one is going too far... yeah yeah, I agree with its intentions... but that Act is contradicting the Constitution... and you can only do that by ratifying another amendmant... or so I thought... It is too my knowledge that by constitutional law... that law enforcers are required to have a Search Warrant in order to search and seize property... bah.... this stupid Act is going too far... meh... and it can be interpreted that it is also violating the ninth amendmant in which it says that one has so many rights that they can't all be written... privacy being part of it.... gah.... this ticks me off!
I already explained why this is unconstitutional for those who had missed it.
Old 10-31-2004, 01:42 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

This is bullshit... total bullshit... I showed this to my mom, and all she said was that this is the way 'New America' works.
Old 10-31-2004, 02:25 PM
Alakazam Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Alakazam

This is why we need to get rid of Bush. How much farther will he go? I don't think I ever want to no.
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.
Old 10-31-2004, 03:49 PM
JohtoTrainer Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to JohtoTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to JohtoTrainer

What are you people worrying about? So what if they read our e-mails they come on into my e-mail box. Unless you're planning terrorist activities or sumthin

This suit is black not.
Old 10-31-2004, 05:03 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku

Well Zam, that all depends how gullible the majority of voters are on Tuesday. Bush may be an idiot, but he is persuasive; this can be seen in all his supporters. If they don't realise how much he's changing America - for the worse - then you might be stuck with him longer than hoped for.

Some might vote for him merely because they do not truly understand, or realise, other candidates views. Maybe they have been fooled into thinking Bush was doing what is good for the world (And yes, I mean starting a War that was unwanted, and had no true meaning). Maybe they're just... Well... Idiots. The minds of humans are far too complex and varied; each has a different view. Hopefully, however, that view will be "Bush, the idiot" for most.

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist
Old 10-31-2004, 07:41 PM
Alakazam Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

JT > Because it's up to the govenment what a 'terrorist' activity is. In other words, they cold easily abuse these powers to be used for political gain against someone who they say is a terrorist, but actually isn't at all. They don't have to have any evidence. That doesn't bother you?

Kamon> Yup, pretty much. I hope that the release of the bin Laden tape doesn't affect the already delicate balence of this election.

Also, please don't tell me that you're saying that all people that are voting for Bush are fools. Just because we don't believe in him, doesn't mean that they don't think what he's doing is right. I truely think that Bush thinks he's doing the right thing; it's a worldview that I cannot fathom, nor does it appear that you can either. I'm just saying "don't assume that views that we don't understand are inferior"

Last edited by Alakazam; 10-31-2004 at 07:43 PM.
Old 10-31-2004, 09:49 PM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Matthew Send a message via Yahoo to Matthew

Meh... I don't think you should be worrying about it any way unless you are planning any terrorist attacks.... though it sucks that they have to take these measures, I can care less becasue I know that they aren't gonna find anything that is illegal in my box because I don't take part in that.... I guess it is annoying... but I don't care.
Old 10-31-2004, 10:40 PM
Alakazam Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew
Meh... I don't think you should be worrying about it any way unless you are planning any terrorist attacks.... though it sucks that they have to take these measures, I can care less becasue I know that they aren't gonna find anything that is illegal in my box because I don't take part in that.... I guess it is annoying... but I don't care.
I'm not worried about these new laws affecting me personally, but it enrages me that the government would violate the constitution like this. It's leading us down the slippery slope to fascism. Give the gov't an inch, and they'll take a mile.
Old 11-02-2004, 12:13 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
I'm not worried about these new laws affecting me personally, but it enrages me that the government would violate the constitution like this. It's leading us down the slippery slope to fascism. Give the gov't an inch, and they'll take a mile.
It's always been like this. How did you think Hitler came into power?
Old 11-02-2004, 12:42 AM
Agent Orange Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Agent Orange

I am not really worried about it, as I am no terrorist, but the fact that the goverment can call anything a terrorist activity, storm in and arrest the person...and thanks Ken, its reeealy reassuring to see our president do something Hitler did...>.>
Old 11-02-2004, 01:59 PM
ashkelon Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002
It's always been like this. How did you think Hitler came into power?
Oh, amen Brother!

Between the Bush Dynasty (which started it's rule under the facade of Rubber Ronnie), we have become a country where personal freedom is endangered, and the ones with power? May the richest corporation win.

It's corrupt as F***K.

It's trivial (to most people) but telling, that a town a few miles from me just passed a law that bans dogs over 100 lbs, or you have to cage them, carry exotic animal-type liability insurance and keep them on a 4 ft leash with a muzzle at all times.

Did some kid get mauled? Is some irresponsible person raising killer omen dogs on main street? Nope, the city's insurance company refused to renew the city's policy if they didn't pass the law

When I was a kid, anybody would've thought such an infringment of personal property rights would've been laughable.

As laughable as thinking something like the "patriot act" would've been passed. <What a freakin' scary-ass name, huh?>

Old 11-02-2004, 02:15 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku

Quote:
Also, please don't tell me that you're saying that all people that are voting for Bush are fools.
Actually, no. What I mean by idiots is that many will vote for him purely due to the fact that their family may be voting for him also. There must be plenty of voters that do not know anything about politics, I'm sure. Practically giving away votes, really.

Also, I hope none of Bush's relations have anything to do with the votes this time around...

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist
Old 11-02-2004, 02:24 PM
Dragonair Offline
New Trainer

I find it ironic that while the Bush administartion's trying to set up democratic states in Afghanistan (sp?) and Iraq, they're tearing down democracy at home.
Old 11-02-2004, 03:22 PM
Ierdar Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ierdar Send a message via MSN to Ierdar Send a message via Yahoo to Ierdar

I see the reason for the title....

And...this is complete ****. >=\ Guess I'm a terrorist and always was, because I've never been with the freaking government. Though, I don't approve of what the terroists do either. *rolls eyes*

So, bye bye to our half our legal rights, eh? =\ Psh, how stupid is this? -_-

*takes out rage on NB n00bs*