Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Fourth Generation

Fourth Generation Discuss the fourth generation Pokemon games: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Old 06-12-2007, 01:35 AM
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat
Default Re: The Official AR Discussion Thread (Includes 'Is My Pokemon Hacked?')

Mmm, seems I can't participate (have a semi-legit Darkai).

Doesn't matter 'cause:

1) I'm not made for tournaments
2) Neither are my pokemon
3) I live here in the Dustbowl of America where no events are held

I do think it's unfair, though about not being able to participate. A n00b may trade their pokemon for a hacked legendary, thinking all legendaries are legit (we've all been there). They were just naive and didn't mean to get a hacked pokemon.

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce
Old 06-12-2007, 01:39 AM
Archeopterix Offline

Default Re: The Official AR Discussion Thread (Includes 'Is My Pokemon Hacked?')

Its a good thing I got Pearl version as well, I'll keep it legit.

Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites. - Karen
Old 06-12-2007, 01:40 AM
OrexxerO Offline
Master Trainer

True salamence, its stil annoying though. I would like to get them legit. I really think that nintendo should make a game thats absolutely untradeable with the other games with all the pokemon in it for capture. That way you can collect them all, that way they can still do their gay nintendo events and get the pokemon that way, but also gives you a way to get them all without having to go somewhere.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:44 AM
Salamence Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Salamence

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrexxerO View Post
True salamence, its stil annoying though. I would like to get them legit. I really think that nintendo should make a game thats absolutely untradeable with the other games with all the pokemon in it for capture. That way you can collect them all, that way they can still do their gay nintendo events and get the pokemon that way, but also gives you a way to get them all without having to go somewhere.
Yah it bugged me before I bought Pearl Version.

I'm more proud of my Pearl Version with only an Empoleon, Staraptor, Leafeon, and Skorupi then my Diamond Version with every Legendary(since they were all hacked)
Old 06-12-2007, 02:07 AM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teo View Post
So what you just stated is that there is speculation that if you receive a hacked pokemon via Wi-fi, that your game is marked correct? Also, if you release the pokemon, your game is still marked of course. Considering the Data is still there. Yet, if you go to participate in an official nintendo event they might possibly ban you for having received the said "Hacked" Pokemon and releasing it? Though, I would be under the assumption that Nintendo would also see that you released the "Hacked" pokemon. Making you able to still participate. I can understand keeping the pokemon and still trying to enter the event and being banned for that when they check. Due to the fact they can see it there.

Given the fact Nintendo has the technology to scan games. What I really want to know is how Nintendo will handle all this! To put an end to all speculation of course. Meaning that they say its okay if you received a hacked pokemon and deleted it. I'd understand them banning players who hacked their whole team as well as many other pokemon just to get them. Yet, banning a person just because they received a hacked poke and released it as soon as they figured out it was hacked? Seems rather odd to me. I mean it is an innocent mistake is it not!? xD!

Yeah though, I'm sure they'd be able to see that its no longer on the game itself. >_>
We won't know until Ninty hosts its first D/P Event, which is believe is in Australia this summer. Maybe an Aussie can ask a Ninty Rep for us there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrexxerO View Post
Well heres the thing. If nintendo is going to be a pain in the butt and make it so you can only get certain pokemon at events...then people are going to have to hack that don't have the means or capability to get to the nintendo event wherever it happens to be in the world.

The Arceus event is supposedly going to take place in newyork. How the hell am I, a 17 yearold living in arizona without a job and parents who can care less about things like this. Get there? Theres no way. So for me to complete my pokedex, and get Arceus, he is going to need to be hacked....unless the people that go to the event that dl it dup him and hand them out...which may eventually happen.
By the time Arceus comes out, you'll be over 18 :D

Also, thanks for the sticky, who ever stickied it.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:17 AM
Burningfenix Offline
Master Trainer

lets say u have hacked pokemon that u recieved threw trade but u didnt use AR, will u still be aloowed to go on WIFI when PBR comes out?
Old 06-12-2007, 02:21 AM
Teo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rust View Post
We won't know until Ninty hosts its first D/P Event, which is believe is in Australia this summer. Maybe an Aussie can ask a Ninty Rep for us there.
That is true, I do believe I know of one aussie that will be attending an event there. I'll be sure to ask them to inquire about all this! It should put an end to all this speculation. :3
Old 06-12-2007, 02:26 AM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burningfenix View Post
lets say u have hacked pokemon that u recieved threw trade but u didnt use AR, will u still be aloowed to go on WIFI when PBR comes out?
I do not believe PBR does a hack check like Colo/XD does, because somebody got a hacked Arceus onto PBR at one point in time.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:24 AM
DialgaMaster1 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Mew level 10 caught in pokeball OT MYSTRY arrived from kanto ID No. 06930.
Is it legit?
Old 06-12-2007, 10:39 AM
NovaDemon Offline
Experienced Trainer

Well, I think so, maybe not. Probably is, since the OT is the same as when you get a legit Mew, so.....

{VPP}
Old 06-12-2007, 10:54 AM
Blue_Dragon_Mew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Blue_Dragon_Mew Send a message via MSN to Blue_Dragon_Mew Send a message via Yahoo to Blue_Dragon_Mew

Quote:
Originally Posted by DialgaMaster1 View Post
Mew level 10 caught in pokeball OT MYSTRY arrived from kanto ID No. 06930.
Is it legit?
Yes. That's a Toys R' Us Mew.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:34 PM
ArceusGod Offline
Master Trainer

finally an AR discussion thread
Old 06-12-2007, 04:51 PM
PiplupLuver Offline

how do you update an AR?
do you have to buy an extension or does it come with it?
Old 06-12-2007, 06:05 PM
scottie9 Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiplupLuver View Post
how do you update an AR?
do you have to buy an extension or does it come with it?
Level 100 shiny Charizard
OT Zero
Came from Hoenn Lvl 100'

is it legit?

Scottie's Shiny Emporium
Wifi Record 13-5

Old 06-12-2007, 06:41 PM
PokePikachu Offline

Question Re: The Official AR Discussion Thread (Includes 'Is My Pokemon Hacked?')

Level 18 Shiny Weavile
OT Nelson (got it in a trade)
ID No. 18817
Met at Route 209

Is it legit or not?