Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 06-22-2007, 10:32 PM
Darth Murkrow Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Re: The Chronicles of the Shards

I'm so sorry this is as late as it is! It's been really hard to write lately. Here's Chapter 7, enjoy!

Chapter 7

“Morning!” I greeted Odd and Rae as they woke up.

“How long were you up?” Odd wondered out loud, staring at me through half-closed eyes.

“A few hours now. But it doesn’t matter, we need to get moving,” I told them. I looked out the cave and noticed it was still raining.

“Rain?” Rae asked quietly. I looked at the Pikachu.

“Yeah. Rain. Here,” I half-laughed.

“Lugia,” he said softly.

“Lugia?” I asked him, inclining my head to one side.

“Lugia. Lugia’s the Guardian of the Sea. If he was infected with one of these shards, then he would be corrupt enough to make it rain,” Rae offered, sounding extremely unsure of his ability to determine this.

“Rae, where would we be without you?” I asked him, nuzzling him gently. He backed away, and it appeared that his cheeks had become even redder.

“Odd sees a problem with that,” Odd piped up. Both Rae and I stopped to look at him. “Lugia lives under the water. How can an Eevee, a Bayleef, and a Pikachu go under the sea? How do we get out that far?”

I hesitated. Odd was right; there was no real way for us to get out to sea, much less dive into the water, unless I were to evolve into a Vaporeon. The gem around my neck became extremely warm suddenly, as though Umbreon were violently opposed to the idea of me evolving. I winced and covered the gem with a paw, then looked at the ground.

“I… I’m not sure…” I confessed. I looked up at them. “But we’d better do it fast. It’s my destiny. You don’t have to follow me, but I’m going,” I assured him, leaping onto a large rock outside of the cave. I looked out at the scenery, admiring its beauty.

The snow-coated mountains that looked so ominous from high above reflected what scarce sunlight there was and seemed to give off their own luminescence. Aside from the rain, it was a very beautiful place.

“Wait for Odd! Wait for Odd!” Odd yelped, galloping up after me. I looked up at him and smiled, then looked up as Rae poked his orange head hesitantly out of the cave.

“Are you coming too, Rae? You don’t have to, it’s fine, I don’t want to force anything on you,” I offered. Rae gingerly poked a rock with his front paw and slid onto it.

“I’ll come,” he told me.

“That’s great!” I smiled at the Pikachu. I turned then and leaped onto the next rock, and then the next, my paw slipping on black ice that coated it. I screamed and tumbled onto the next rock, forced to look down.

The mountains may have been beautiful near the top, but toward the bottom I could see nothing but sharp, craggy gray rocks. I could only imagine being impaled on those rocks, and if that didn’t kill me the fall from this height of several miles certainly would. I started shaking, and only when Odd pulled me up could I even begin to move. I trembled violently, Rae giving me a concerned look.

“I-I-It’s fine, Rae. I just have a p-p-problem with heights. I’ve had a lot of bad experiences recently, and the grove wasn’t very high…” I explained, trying to apologize for the savior of the world being scared of heights.

“I’m scared of a lot of things…” Rae offered. I took in a couple of breaths to try and keep my hyperventilation down, inhaling several rain droplets as I did. We made our way over the rocks carefully, gradually reducing our altitude.

“So, Rae,” I started, startling the Pikachu badly. “I’m sorry. Tell us a little bit about yourself.” Rae didn’t answer at first, and seemed to not hear the question at first.

“…I don’t like talking about myself,” he told me, leaping down onto a larger rock several feet away. How he could do that I didn’t know. I built up some courage and made several bounds off of other, smaller rocks onto the large one, giving my legs a chance to recover from springing and stood up again, nearly screaming when Odd’s falling bulk nearly dislodged the support.

“Look! Odd can see the water!” Odd stared directly ahead at the large blue body of water over a hilly horizon.

“That’s not that far away, is it?” I asked, looking up to Odd.

“Odd does not think so,” Odd told me, shaking his head.

“Let’s move, then!” I felt a little better, being closer to the ground than I was before, and leaped down the rocks to the solid ground, Rae and Odd following suit. “Just a straight walk ahead, and then we’re going to have to swim, I guess.” I sighed from relief, starting my way across, then a rock tumbled in the path in front of us. I stopped moving almost instantly, Odd and Rae stopping as well, all of us staring at the rock. I looked up as soon as a shadow was approaching, then let out a cry and ducked out of the way as a gray blur struck the mountain behind me, knocking several rocks loose.

The creature turned around and grunted, revealing itself as a Rhyhorn. It was a cragged monster of the rocks, with indents in its hide forming pointed edges. Its head was low-set, its eyes furious as it dug its low-set feet into the rocks underneath it, prepared to spring.

“No one gets through Richter!” he roared, springing at us.

“Odd, keep him back!” I shouted. Odd swung his leaf around on his head, releasing three leaf blades and slicing at the Rhyhorn’s hide. He might have been able to withstand physical attacks, but once hit with leaves he could barely stand. I tackled his side, fighting back the resulting pain and realizing that I had not knocked him more than a few inches. He turned to me and laughed.

“You really think you can defeat me? I am Richter, ruler of this territory! I will crush you, puny creatures!” he bellowed. I growled and leaped out of the way, Odd gripping me with his vine and whipping me up onto the rocks above. I landed gracefully on the rock jutting out, Rae scampering frantically along the wall.

“RAE!” I shouted, concerned for him. He sprang in front of Richter, and then leaped up in a blur. He sprang back and forth between the rocky walls, Richter letting out a bellow and tackling the side, loosening a bunch of rocks. Rae’s agility maneuver took full effect, and he dodged the falling rocks as a blur, appearing next to me again, leaping from rock to rock and releasing clones of himself.

Richter was confused by Rae’s double team attack, roaring as he tried to discern the real one from all of the duplicates. Odd took it upon himself to wind his vines around Richter’s hind legs and, with great difficulty, flip him over onto his back. His belly exposed, Rae leaped down in a blur, slamming all of his bodyweight into Richter’s weak point. The force returned him to the rock next to us, panting extremely hard.

“Rae! I never knew you had it in you!” I laughed, Rae looking up at me. I quieted upon seeing his expression. Was there some story as to why he could fight against a Rhyhorn with a type advantage over him that he wasn’t fond of? I then smiled again when Rae’s already red cheeks flushed a deeper red and he smirked with a small laugh.

“Thanks,” he told me. Richter groaned and rolled onto his stomach.

“Please… leave me in my misery…” he groaned.

“Oh, stop it,” I told him. “Could you tell us about that body of water?” I demanded, leaping down, sure that he wouldn’t attack us again. Richter looked at the gem around my neck.

“Amethyst. Forgive me, I will tell you all you need to know,” he said sheepishly. “I know not much about water, for we Rhyhorn are very leery of it. But we Pokémon all know that as the Deep Sea. It is a treacherous place, filled to the brim with whirlpools, tidal waves, and vicious storms. Especially recently, since Lugia has been corrupted.”

“Lugia? Lugia lives in the Deep Sea?” I asked. Richter nodded.

“Yes, in a trench at the very bottom. You’re going to need help from Salty in order to get anywhere.”

“Who’s Salty?” I asked.

“Salty’s the old Kingler that lives on the docks down there. He can help you find the right spot in the water, but you’ll need to get down on your own. Ask him, he’ll know how to help you. You need to get on one of the boats in order to get anywhere near the trench. However, you need to be careful on the boat,” Richter lowered his voice.

“Why careful on the boat and not once we get to the trench?” Odd asked. Richter gave him a skeptical look, and Rae took it upon himself to explain. He lowered his head and uneasily backed away when Richter gave him a look.

“There are humans on those boats.”

Murkrow
Done: 800
Old 06-25-2007, 12:29 AM
Darth Murkrow Offline
Elite Trainer

Chapter 8 is the longest chapter thus far. There is one minor curse word at the very end, which is not something I would normally write, but it just slipped out and sounded right. So, enjoy.

Chapter 8

I had never encountered a human in my life. I had lived in the grove under the protection of the older Eevee for all of the years of my life. Aside from the humans in the legend of the shards, I had no idea how good or evil they could be. Obviously Rae had some experience with them, and they obviously were not good to him.

“Hey!” Odd blurted accusingly. “You never told us you were in contact with humans! What are they like? Was your trainer awesome? Where is he?”

“Left me for dead,” Rae murmured. I felt my heart pause for a moment to break for him. How could anyone abandon Rae? He’s an extremely likable Pikachu!

“I guess that means I leave now. Good bye,” Richter mumbled, taking the awkward moment to climb up the rocks.

“…Rae…” I began, unsure of what to say, stepping toward him.

“Don’t say anything, Amethyst,” he told me, turning away. “It’s my problem, not yours.”

“But as long as you’re traveling with me, your problems are my problems too! You have to tell me, Rae! Please! What did your trainer do to you?” I pleaded, galloping next to the Pikachu that was walking steadily away from me. He looked into my eyes, and I could see them glisten. He had beautiful eyes, even when he was upset, and I nearly lost myself in them.

“My trainer… Blake, he called himself. He sent out his Houndoom to defeat me and capture me—but only because I’m a rare coloration he called “shiny.” Apparently, humans capture these “shiny” Pokémon as status symbols. He wanted to show me off to his human friends, so he only let me out of my Pokéball for training sessions,” Rae began.

“You were in a Pokéball?” I asked in disbelief. Rae shivered.

“Horrible place. You are aware of only being inside of a dark, cold orb, and you cannot escape no matter how much you struggle. You need to wait until your trainer releases you,” he explained. I shivered. “He would push me to my limits, and I only pushed as hard as I did because I was afraid of disappointing him. By the end of the day, I would be tired, sore, probably burned from training with his Houndoom, bitten by the Mightyena, and the Jolteon—don’t even ask.” He shivered again. I was shocked at the last part. How could a Jolteon, a descendant of the Eon Sisters, ever hurt an innocent Pikachu?

“If I lost a battle, he would skip traveling for that day and spend nine hours on me alone. The day he abandoned me, he found the Pokémon he had been seeking—the corrupted Lugia. He sent me out, but I refused to attack. I couldn’t hurt Lugia, and I couldn’t let Blake capture him. He called out Jolteon, but Lugia sent down such a powerful dark aeroblast attack that Jolteon never recovered fully. He’s still in the Pokémon Center. Blake released me and broke my Pokéball, and I assumed I was free, so I started to run. But Houndoom and Mightyena caught up… Blake said he’d give me injuries I’d never forget, just for disobeying him. Houndoom and Mightyena… they were positively merciless. I understand they’re predators, but how could one Pokémon just hurt another on command for no reason? Just try to tear me apart and leave me to die?” Rae sighed and took in a deep breath, shaking. Odd’s leaf lowered, and I could feel my hot tears painfully work their way out of my eyes. Rae looked up, tears running down his cheeks, but he had a smile. I was genuinely confused. How could Rae have smiled after that story?

“But I found you guys. If I didn’t find you, I might never have survived.” He stepped closer to me and wrapped his arms gently around me, and I closed my eyes and brought myself closer to him. “Thank you,” he whispered to me gently, then looked up at Odd, who had his tongue stuck out.

“Odd does not do hugs,” he stated firmly. He looked out to the water. “We need to get on the boat before it leaves. We need to get Lugia!” I gasped in realization.

“Come on! Race you guys there!” I giggled, trying to get them motivated to move.

“Ami! Odd is too tired!” Odd groaned, falling onto his stomach. Rae traced a design on the ground with his toes, and I realized that he would be tired from his fight.

“But we need to get out into the middle of the ocean!” I told them.

“I’m going with Amethyst,” Rae said, standing by me, wrapping an arm around me, a gesture that surprised me briefly. “As long as Lugia is not going to a trainer, I’m all for it.” We both looked at Odd, who seemed to be challenging us. I turned to Rae and winked, both of us turning and walking off. We were about ten feet away before I knew Odd would start to regret his choice, and I turned around, expecting it.

“Wait for Odd! Wait for Odd!” he shouted, galloping over to us, clumsily tripping on himself every few feet. “Don’t leave Odd please!” he begged, collapsing on his stomach again.

“We wouldn’t, Odd! Just keep walking!” I told him, trotting up over the next hill. Odd followed faithfully behind us as we made our way over the small hill and down to the rocky docks of human creation.

We looked up at the huge creation; it looked about as fit in the water as a Wailord. The humans were lined up with bags and small bits of paper clenched in their hands, some with impatient Pokémon at their sides.

“Don’t approach any of them,” Rae warned us. “They listen only to their trainers. They won’t hesitate to attack you.” Both of us nodded, and Rae used his agility to scamper ahead, diving into the shallow water ahead. His head burst over the surface and he paddled away from the ship, looking up at the metallic handrail on the edge, mouthing words to himself as though formulating a plan. He beckoned us over, and we galloped as fast as we could, not stopping once our feet failed to touch the slippery rocks at the bottom.

“Odd, you need to get your vines up there. You can pull yourself over and up, and then pull us up after the coast is clear. If anyone attacks, just jump back down into the water. Trust me, it’s deep enough for you to not hurt yourself,” Rae told him. I looked at Odd, who suddenly had a determined expression. He extended two vines from the bulbs on his neck, winding them around the handrail. Then, kicking with his feet and pulling with his vines, he pulled himself to the edge of the ship.

He didn’t look very sure of himself once he reached the very edge, and tried to pull himself up with vines alone without success. His feet did nothing but slip on the vertical black metal, but a combination of climbing with the vines and his legs seemed to help somewhat. He finally reached the top and scrambled up, releasing his vines and disappearing.

“He’s probably catching his breath up there,” I tried to convince myself outwardly. The more time that passed without seeing Odd over the edge only made me more nervous. What if someone had captured him? My heart raced, and my feet, already moving in an effort to keep me afloat, were flailing like nothing I would ever be able to accomplish voluntarily.

“Odd, where are you?” I whispered, nervous. A Bayleef’s head poked over the edge, and he let down his vines for us. Relieved, I paddled over and grabbed a vine, Rae grabbing the second. The vines wrapped around us, and lifted us up quickly.

I sighed, taking one last look out at the ocean, then looked up at Odd. The only problem was, that Bayleef wasn’t Odd. This Bayleef was one of the shining ones that Rae had described, and his leaf and buds were golden instead of green. He had a scar across his left eye.

“RAE, IT’S NOT ODD!” I screamed, looking over at him, trying to break free. The vine around my body tightened hard enough to knock the wind out of me, and Rae was still struggling. We both realized that it was too late to struggle onces the Bayleef pulled us over.

“Got ‘em, boss,” the Bayleef announced, hurling us in front of the feet of a particularly fierce-looking human. I looked up at his muscular body, his tight clothing having obvious sweat stains. He was without shoes, and his feet were remarkably hairy. My eyes trailed up to the stubble on his lower face, and the dirty brown hair he had trailed down to below his shoulder blades. He glared down at us with fierce eyes, and Odd was being held against the wall of the ship by a demonic Houndoom and a Mightyena not unlike those I had to fight earlier. I heard Rae whimper from my left, and I realized that this was Blake.

“Ah, we meet again, Useless,” Blake began, hawking and spitting into the water, obviously referring to Rae. Rae dared not try and fight him, but merely lowered his head. I would have attacked him if I were not frozen in fear. “Excellent work, Bayleef. Bring our little friends into the cabin.”

“Cabin?” I wondered.

“Oh no…” Rae moaned, trembling. The Bayleef dragged us behind him, then retracted his vines slightly to we were right next to him. I bit into the vine holding me, and the Bayleef slashed at my head. I let out a cry of pain, feeling blood run down my neck and back.

“Why are you doing this? Let us go!” I cried, kicking and struggling to get free. The Bayleef gave me a look without stopping his march behind his master, the other Pokémon, and the hostage Odd.

“If Master Blake orders it, it must be done,” he explained.

“What is your name, Bayleef?” Rae asked him, much quieter than I had.

“Master Blake calls me Bayleef. Therefore, that is my name,” Bayleef told us.

“No, your name before you were captured—before Master Blake,” I corrected myself, trying to avoid offending this Bayleef, who could effortlessly kill us but was obviously showing immense restraint.

“I never had a name before Master Blake. I was simply a Chikorita, and Master Blake captured me and trained me hard. I don’t understand how Useless couldn’t have stayed with Master Blake,” Bayleef wondered, referring to Rae.

“My name is Rae,” Rae told him.

“If Master Blake calls you Useless, that is your name, for what Master Blake says is the highest law,” Bayleef snapped.

“You’re learning well, Bayleef,” the Houndoom called back to him.

“Quite. I had my doubts about you initially, but you have become so much more like a true Pokémon than Useless ever was,” the Mightyena agreed.

“You’re all disgusting!” Rae finally shouted, clenching his fists and releasing a bolt of electricity into Bayleef. Bayleef screamed, and Blake turned around, as did the two hound-like Pokémon. “Amethyst, Odd, run!” Rae shouted, using a double team attack and taking off down the hallway, his clones following. Odd ran in the opposite direction, and with a Bayleef to the rear and a Mightyena and Houndoom before me, I decided that I had to stay and fight. I let out a growl and crouched down, just like I did for the three Mightyena.

“Houndoom, flamethrower! Mightyena, crunch! Bayleef, solar beam!” Blake commanded. Houndoom raised his head, a ball of fire forming in his mouth. Mightyena growled, salivating as he waited for an opportunity to snap my neck with his jaws. Bayleef raised his head as well, leaf lifted straight up, absorbing all the light in the area and forming a ball of energy in his mouth.

I tackled Houndoom’s chest, making him release the flamethrower at Bayleef who, in turn, shot the solar beam at Mightyena. I closed my eyes and focused, finding my center and growling, releasing my hidden power attack in all directions, pressing Houndoom and Mightyena against the walls and sending Bayleef flying down the hall. Blake stared at me in awe, and I growled at him.

“I must have that Eevee! Look at that power!” he breathed. Although flattered that he thought a lowly Eevee was powerful enough to equal his cruelly trained Pokémon, I wasn’t willing to take it easy on him. “I must have it! Houndoom, Mightyena, do whatever it takes to get me that Eevee!” Both stood up and growled at me, and I turned and bolted, hearing their nails click behind me.

“You should be flattered that Master Blake thinks you’re powerful, Eevee!” I heard Mightyena growl, pounding after me.

“Are you trying to get me to surrender? Because I won’t! Not for anything!” I shouted at them, gathering up a hidden strength reservoir and gaining some ground.

“But Master Blake will make you more powerful. Don’t listen to Useless if you want to live!” Houndoom barked, tail cracking in frustration.

“You took Rae’s life away! I won’t let you get me or my friends!” I shouted, turning a corner and bolting for the door, hearing the familiar thud of a Bayleef’s feet joining the hunt. I heard the sound of a vine being extended and whipping through the air toward me, and I leaped up in an effort to avoid it, but I overestimated, the vine brought up underneath me, sending me spiraling out the door.

I nearly slid off of the edge of the ship to freedom when the vine wrapped painfully around my tail, keeping me on the vessel. I let out a cry, gripping the edge with my paws, screaming so loudly that the boat’s passengers had to hear me. I could hear them murmur, and Houndoom and Mightyena stood on either side of the Bayleef.

“A little stubborn for my taste,” Houndoom frowned, panting.

“But stubborn means she will train extremely hard,” Mightyena pointed out, swallowing hard before panting again. Both looked up and shied away as Blake entered, Bayleef turning around and holding me up in front of his mass.

“You’ll make a fine addition to my collection, Eevee,” he smirked, pressing his enormous thumb into his palm. A red and white sphere expanded to fill his hand, and I realized this was a Pokéball. I let out a cry, trembling, trying to break free.

“Don’t worry—I’ll train you right, make you evolve, and train you until you can take down that damned Lugia that took away my Jolteon!” Blake cursed, raising the Pokéball.

This is it, Amethyst, I realized. This is it. You’ve failed the entire world by allowing yourself to be captured by a power-hungry freak! I began to cry as the sphere drew closer and closer…

Murkrow
Old 06-25-2007, 07:08 AM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

AH!

Oh no! What'll happen to Ammy?

I love this Fan Fic... That's L-O-V-E.

Thanks for reading mine... I'm changing it after school today... I'm leaving in 3 minutes...!

Djax94
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 06-26-2007, 07:02 PM
Darth Murkrow Offline
Elite Trainer

Shortest chapter yet, and the most pathetic excuse of Deux ex Machina I've ever written. Not my best as far as writing goes.

Chapter 9

“Pokéball go!” Blake commanded, tossing the ball into the air. I looked up, knowing that it would land on me. I shrank away, as though hoping that I had somehow minimized in size so much that the ball could not get me. I opened one eye just as a jet of water spurted over the edge and sent the ball flying over the ship.

“WHAT?” Blake yelled, face turning bright red, from anger, saliva spurting from his mouth as he spoke.

“Get off o’ thar, li’l one!” a raspy voice shouted. When I would have otherwise been scared witless, I burst free from the distracted Bayleef and leaped over the edge of the boat, splashing into the water below me, Blake cursing the entire time.

I burst out of the surface and gasped for air, suddenly plucked out of the water and gently placed on an orange exoskeleton. The larger of the crab’s two claws had released me, and they both clacked in defiance at Blake. Blake swore at the Kingler, and then ordered his Pokémon to forget about me and go after Odd and Rae, who, as far as I knew, were still on the ship.

“Salty?” I asked the Pokémon that had just saved my life.

“Arr, that be me, lass!” he confirmed. I sighed from relief. “And yer Amethyst?”

“I am,” I told him. I couldn’t help but think his speech patterns suited his name.

“Ye need to be wary 'round ‘em. Humans is trouble,” he told me.

“I know, but can we save the lecture and get Rae and Odd back please?” I asked him.

“Oh, they’re a-comin’,” Salty told me just as Odd tumbled over the edge screaming.

“ODD!” I cried out. “Salty, take me to him, please! And hurry!” I urged him. The Kingler sighed and effortlessly glided in the water to the flailing Bayleef.

“AMI!” Odd cried out, nearly drowning Salty in his attempt to smother me with his relief. “Ami, Odd is very sorry! Odd didn’t mean to allow you to be caught by the human! Odd is very sorry!” he sobbed.

“Odd, Odd, it’s ok, I’m ok. Where’s Rae, do you know?” I asked him, attempting to keep him above water while simultaneously allowing Salty to breathe.

“Rae’s still on the boat! Odd is sorry!” Odd continued. I looked up at the ship, heart racing, imagining all of the terrible things that could happen to Rae.

“Ye’d better not be aimin’ ter get back on that boat after all tha trouble I went through ter save ya,” Salty warned me, seeing my expression.

“Salty, you don’t understand. Rae’s in trouble, he needs me!” I told him.

“But tha world needs ya, missy! If ye try and save yer friend, ye could be caught again, an’ then we’d ‘ave no one ter save Lugia! Ye need ta know when ta give up and let it go,” Salty explained.

“RAE! RAE!” I screamed out, tears forming in my eyes, blinding me. The thought of leaving Rae behind… I couldn’t bear it! I had to get him back somehow! I took in a couple breaths, trying to relax my tightened throat muscles. The rain picked up, and I looked in the direction it was coming from and gasped.

Lugia let out a fierce roar that shook everything within eyeshot, including the ship. I heard several humans scream, and a few gasped and pointed at Lugia. Lugia spread his wings, which had turned a dark navy blue in color. His red eyes narrowed at me, mounted at the base of imposing silver spines. His wings sent a small wave of water out in either direction, and he let out another roar, one that sent me cowering.

“Well, lessee what ye can do,” Salty told me. I took in several deep breaths, then looked at Odd.

“Odd, use razor leaf to get Lugia’s attention,” I told him. Odd nodded, sniveled, and then spun the leaf on his head, launching a dozen or so leaf-like blades at Lugia. Even though the hard rain struck down most of them, a few managed to strike Lugia. Lugia was barely hurt, but definitely angry with us. He let out a roar and began to glide across the surface of the water in our direction.

I built up some strength, opened my jaws, and launched a shadow ball. I had packed enough energy into this one to make it seemingly cackle as it spiraled through the dark, heavy air at Lugia. Lugia let out a roar as the attack hit him, his psychic side weak against ghost type attacks. I was experiencing no fatigue after the attack; in all of my battling, I was getting stronger. I took pride in this fact, but it died as soon as Lugia recovered and prepared an aeroblast attack.

“Eyaih! Every man fer ‘imself!” Salty shouted, ducking under the water. I was still on his back at this point, and I plunged under the water with him.

I burst out of the water just to feel the final but still forceful remnant of the attack, the tumultuous sea’s waves tossing me around effortlessly. I coughed up some more salt water and looked around, blinded by the rain.

“ODD! ODD, WHERE ARE YOU? SALTY?” I cried out, coughing again, the salt water making me nearly purge. I gasped for air again, trying to regain control of my stomach. Lugia let out a scream overhead, and I let out a cry, diving under the water.

I wish I had evolved into a Vaporeon… I thought to myself, my water-logged fur making it difficult to control my movements both above and below the water. Umbreon’s gem grew extremely hot against my chest, making me wince in pain and release my air. I gagged, kicking and trying to reach the surface, the surface seeming to get further and further away…

I finally struggled to the surface of the water, gasping, feeling extremely ill. I paddled weakly to a buoy made by humans and pulled myself up with my front paws, coughing violently until I vomited into the sea. Dizzy from the effort I had exerted, I still kept my grip on the floating device, looking up at Lugia.

Can’t give up, not yet… I told myself, panting heavily but my lungs rejecting the oxygen I inhaled with every futile breath. Trembling, I opened my mouth again, the shadow ball not nearly as strong this time, and I launched it, head falling over onto my body. I struggled to open my eyes to watch the effects of my attack. Lugia was hurt, and I could see on his chest where my attack struck him. He turned to me in mid-air, the violent thrash of his tail nearly capsizing the ship. The screams of all the humans on board overwhelmed my ears, and Pokémon cried out for their masters. I knew that, among them, Rae was up there somewhere.

I had to fight for Rae. That thought alone gave me enough strength to lift my head and glare at Lugia as he flapped upward. What was he planning on doing? I finally realized, as the silver spines jutting out of his back folded down, and he dove down, wings completely flattened against his sides.

I closed my eyes, focusing so hard that it hurt my stomach some more. I opened them, a green force field safely encasing me. Lugia struck the results of my protect attack, getting blown back several meters. He let out a furious roar and dove again, the force field wavering with each strike and the throb in my brain that accompanied it. I tried to keep concentrating, but Lugia’s final blow, an aeroblast attack, was enough to kill the force field.

The remnants of the attack struck me with a throbbing pain and sent me flying across the water, skipping every few feet on the surface, and then finally dropping under the surface. I tried to kick my way back up, but felt myself getting pulled further and further away from where I had come. Confused and frightened at the same time, I turned to look as I fought to the surface, screaming at what I saw.

The whirlpool before me roared and spiraled like nothing I had seen in my life. Nothing good could come from that; the corrupted Lugia had created these to keep others out of his underwater cave. They were ferocious enough to tear apart a careless Pokémon. I didn’t consider myself careless, but I did consider myself doomed, at this point.

The whirlpool caught me, and I screamed as I was spun around and around in its never-ending cycle of spirals. I would keep spinning until I was torn apart or forced to the bottom to drown, neither of which appealed to me.

“GET ME OUT OF HERE! SOMEONE! HELP ME!” I cried, tears running down my face as I began to feel sick again. I looked up to see a dark shape circle overhead.

“You’ve interfered far too long, inferior creature of the earth. May you perish in my underwater cave!” Lugia roared, diving straight down at me, legs extended. The last things remember seeing and hearing were dark Lugia’s bulk closing in on me, and his horrible, deep, resounding cry of rage.

Murkrow

Last edited by Darth Murkrow; 06-26-2007 at 08:01 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:48 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

Pathetic?

That was awesome!

Much better than the chapter I'm writing right now...

I'll PM it to you before I post it!

But that chapter was really good.

Poor Ammy! Oh No! What'll happen?

Djax94
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

ASB|URPG

Old 06-27-2007, 06:12 PM
kamiam Offline
Elite Trainer

moremore more! i love this...i sound like a recorder....anway when is the next oen coming out!?
Old 06-27-2007, 09:33 PM
Darth Murkrow Offline
Elite Trainer

I'll try to get the next part up by tomorrow, if my carpel tunnel doesn't worsen by then...

I'm glad you like it, and I love writing it. The compliments only help inspire me.

Murkrow
Old 06-28-2007, 06:59 AM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Carpel Tunnel... Doesn't that cripple your hands, or something like that?

I'm surprised at how much you write and how often!

Compliments will carry on comin, because we L-O-V-E your story!

Djax94

ASB|URPG

Old 06-28-2007, 07:20 PM
WorkThoseStripes Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Thankyou for reading my fan fic. (:

I'm really enjoying yours, it's a brilliant story. I can't wait for the next chapter!
Umbreon
Done @ 1380
Old 06-29-2007, 07:46 PM
Darth Murkrow Offline
Elite Trainer

Thank you, thank you.

As for my hands, carpel tunnel just hurts a lot, and it's more the wrist movement than my fingers. If it gets really bad I wear some wrist braces, but it's not life-threatening. In all honesty, I've not been officially diagnosed.

Regardless, here's Chapter 9, because I'm sure you all want to know how the Lugia confrontation will end...

Chapter 9

I burst out of the water at full-force, feeling Lugia sail underneath me. His tail struck me, sending me painfully against the rocky wall of his cave. I let out a pained cry and collapsed on the ground. If something wasn’t broken, I would be amazed. Lugia spread his wings, which barely skimmed the walls. I stood up, mentally examining my body, finding nothing broken.

“I’d like to see you try to defeat me,” Lugia challenged me.

“Odd. That’s what Articuno said before I beat him to the ground,” I told Lugia, shaking out my wet fur and fluffing it out, trying to look imposing before this giant Legend. In all honesty, though, I was scared witless.

“You take the first hit, Eevee,” Lugia ordered. I opened my mouth again, launching another writhing shadow ball at him. Lugia let out a roar and blasted my attack with his own shadowy aeroblast. I managed to throw up my protect, and the green force field managed to last until the attack was finished.

“Give it up. You’re not going to win. A determined spirit it not everything; you need to actually have a chance at victory. Yours seems… slight,” Lugia told me.

“That doesn’t give me a reason to stop trying, does it?” I asked him. He let out a roar and flapped his wings, sending a gust of wind in my direction. I held my ground and darted to Lugia, tackling his chest, the force sending me flying backward clumsily. The worst part was, my attack had not hurt him at all. He laughed, a deep sound rumbling from within his chest. I curled my lip at him, preparing to launch another shadow ball attack.

“Oh, for pity’s sake,” Lugia sighed, opening his mouth to prepare another aeroblast. I launched the shadow ball attack, then sprang immediately after it, summoning my hidden power from within me. Both of my attacks hit Lugia, the aeroblast striking the wall of the cave, and I could feel his chest spasm violently. His body was rejecting the shard.

I backed away from him as a pulsating glow grew more visible through his darkened skin, which became lighter with each beat. Come on, Lugia, fight it! I thought, shifting my weight uneasily from one side of my body to the other as I watched Lugia return to his usual silver and blue coloration. His head slumped over his body, and a blue shard poked its way out of Lugia’s chest, hovering over to me and being siphoned into Umbreon’s gem, just like Articuno’s.

“Lugia!” I cried out, galloping over to him. He panted warily from the effort, looking down at me, the Eevee who had just saved his life.

“Go. Now,” he commanded me, turning his head away as though ashamed. Something splashed in the water behind me, and I turned to look. Lugia’s cave was collapsing.

“Lugia, I’m just an Eevee! I can’t get out of your cave! I can’t swim!” I tried to tell him, having to raise my voice due to the rocks falling. One fell in between us, cracking the floor, and I instinctively screamed.

“You must leave, Amethyst! Get out of here!” Lugia commanded me, accompanying his orders with a guttural roar of frustration. I leaped onto the rock, dodging some more, and using my protect attack to deflect one away from Lugia. “Did you hear me? I said leave me!” he roared, blowing me away with a gust of wind. I couldn’t leave, didn’t he understand? There was no way for me to get out of his cave without drowning! The water around me began to boil, and I could sense that Lugia was angry with me. “GET OUT!”

“Lugia, I can’t!” I cried out, shaking, trying to predict where the next rock would land. Why was he so angry with me? That was no way to treat someone who had just saved him!

I leaped into the water, the depth startling me, holding my breath and trying to swim underneath. There was a rocky tunnel just ahead, but it was too long for anyone other than Lugia to get through without running out of air and drowning. I resurfaced and let out a hopeless cry, looking around as though I could find another way to escape, climbing on the rocks and trying to shove them out of my way to create an easier route, only failing by compacting them more tightly against each other.

I looked over at Lugia, who still held his stern demeanor, which had not changed the slightest since I had last looked at his face. I let out a growl at him, then shook my head and dove under again. The tunnel had not changed, as I was somehow hoping it would. However, I saw a dark shape swim by, circular markings glowing bright red. Kyogre…?

I resurfaced again, gasping for air. I had to fight Kyogre, too!

“Lugia!” I called to the Legend, who was brooding in a corner.

“GET OUT! he commanded me.

“Lugia, I need your help! I need to get out of here, but I can’t swim that far!” I told him. Lugia let out a growl and huddled further into his corner. “LUGIA!”

“GO!” He opened his mouth to launch another aeroblast attack at me, and I dove under the water, paddling into the tunnel as fast as I could, turning my head just to see the rocks collapse behind me.

I turned and swam further, realizing how short on air I was. There were no air pockets in the tunnel that I could see, and my lungs were beginning to burn. I paddled and looked at the distance to see a shimmering projection before me, feeling my gem grow colder on my chest. I knew the figure to be Umbreon, and she seemed to be beckoning me onward.

I can’t… I moaned internally, not seeming to travel anywhere. Umbreon’s image burst in a cloud of bubbles, and I looked up to see a familiar Kingler swim over to me, clutch me in his claws, and burst through the surface.

Both Salty and I gasped as he paddled to a small sand bar, where I saw Odd and Rae already waiting for me. I saw Rae jump up at the sight of me and poke Odd furiously, which Odd didn’t seem to enjoy. I rolled onto the shore off of Salty’s back, at which point Odd saw me.

“AMI!” Odd proceeded to tackle me further into the ground, nuzzling me and not letting me up even when Salty threatened to crabhammer Odd where the sun doesn’t shine. I wormed my way free and nuzzled Odd, then looked over at Rae, who had tears of relief running down his face.

“Rae…” I whispered. Seeing the Pikachu alive, and fearing for my own sake almost as much as I for him, made me feel so much more relieved. I coughed up salt water, though, and was forced back into reality. I had nothing left in my stomach to bring up, fortunately, but my retching still caused immense pain to my sides.

“All right, lass, ye’ll be fine, deep breaths fer ya, in through yer nose, out through tha mouth. There ya go,” Salty told me as I obeyed his instructions, feeling my insides calm down over time. My legs shaking, I collapsed on the sand bar, eyes closed gradually. I inhaled the fresh, albeit salty, air of the surface world, which appealed to me so much more than the dank, murky cave in which Lugia resided.

I opened my eyes to see Rae sit on the sand beside me, and I felt his paws comb their way through my fur. His eyes were concerned, clearly, but he seemed more than happy to see me alive.

“I’m so glad you’re ok,” he told me softly, pulling his body closer to mine. I opened my mouth, feeling the beginnings of another retching spell, and Rae stood up, startled. “No, no, don’t try to say anything. Take it easy,” he told me, and I obeyed.

“I’ll admit, ya had me a bit surprised back thar when ye battled Lugia. I’ve neva seen a fina display of power than that I spotted in ye! I knew I was right in a-savin’ ya!” Salty chortled, his entire body throbbing with each laugh.

“Rae dropped into the water, and Odd thought he was dead! But Salty brought Rae and Odd to little beach, and waited for Ami, and Salty dove in after Ami, and here Ami is! Ami is here!” Odd blurted out, his vernacular breaking even more with his emotions.

“Now, ya two,” Salty began. “Amethyst ‘ere’s ‘ad a rough fight and needs ta rest. How’s about Rae stays with ‘er, and Odd can come with me ter gets some food? I’m sure when she wakes up she’ll be hungrier than Kyogre when she wakes up from ‘er thousands-years nap!” the Kingler chortled again, as though he had said something genuinely funny. Odd shot me a look, then looked back at Salty.

“It’s ok, Odd,” Rae told him. “I’ll protect her. You can go.”

“Do ye like anything in particular?” Salty asked.

“Um, not… really. I’m sure Amethyst will like apples, though. The grove she comes from might have had plenty of apples growing there,” Rae offered, looking at me. I smiled at him, flattered that he was thinking of me. Odd leaped onto Salty’s back, shouted to the world how much he enjoyed rides, and the duo left for the mainland. Rae chuckled after them, then looked at me. He sat down beside me.

“…Mind if I tell you a story?” he asked me.

“…No…” I told him, but I coughed, so I confirmed my statement by shaking my head. He looked to me and cleared his throat, as though thinking of a way to start.

“…I… I thought it might help you understand Lugia a little more. According to some legends, Lugia was created when the Legendary Birds’ attacks collided a thousand years back. He was thus in charge of controlling them and their powers. However, his own powers scared him,” Rae started quietly, looking out into the horizon. My heart skipped a beat upon seeing his profile silhouetted against the setting sun, the rain having since cleared after I defeated Lugia, I assumed. Rae continued.

“…Whenever he rose above the water and flapped his wings, he would cause a rainstorm that lasted forty days. He then sealed himself into an underwater cave, fearful of what his powers would do to the world.” Rae concluded simply. I understood now why Lugia insisted I leave, and on what he was brooding; he never could leave his cave without destroying something. He wasn’t being cruel to me; he was protecting the surface world. I had misjudged the poor Legend, and I felt terrible. I looked up at Rae, though, and smiled at his story, which could not have been timelier in my journey.

I closed my eyes, breathing in through my nose and absorbing all of the scents. Without the sights distracting me, the smells themselves were relaxing, and I could feel them lull me to sleep. I heard Rae slide into the sand beside me, and I felt his arms around me. Enraptured, I was drawn into dreams about the sea.

Murkrow
Old 06-29-2007, 09:42 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

My Nan has Carpel Tunnel... Don'y you have to be a certain age to get that?

Old, or something?

Anyway, I really like that chapter...

Ami and Rae, sittin' in a tree!

Chronicles rules!

Djax94

ASB|URPG

Old 06-29-2007, 10:53 PM
Darth Murkrow Offline
Elite Trainer

No, you don't have to be old to get carpel tunnel. You just have to do the same thing with the same muscles a lot, I think. It's sort of like writer's cramp. I won't allow it to interfere with updating Chronicles, of course.

...Yes, yes, I know, Ami and Rae. I was hoping it'd be a little more subtle, but not so subtle that people would be surprised when one or the other does confess... If they ever do.

I won't be on the computer about 95% of tomorrow, but I'll update again as soon as I can.

Murkrow
Old 06-30-2007, 09:16 AM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Damn that writer's cramp!

You're so commited! Yeah, man!

Ami and Rae are really sweet as a couple...

I'm thinking that... whisper, whisper, whisper... I'll PM you my idea!

Dont wanna tell everyone else, just in case you like it... You probably won't...

Don't worry about not being on! I was banned from using the internet yesterday after school...

I felt guilty for the RP's I'm in!

But, yeah. AWESOME, dude!

Djax94

ASB|URPG

Old 07-03-2007, 01:49 AM
Darth Murkrow Offline
Elite Trainer

This chapter, although marking a milestone, does not actually advance the storyline much. As of Chapter 10's completion, this story is nearly 50 pages in Microsoft Word. *Confetti*

Chapter 10

I woke up, shivering initially due to a cold breeze on the sea that whipped right through my fur. The moon reflected off of the rippling water, and I inhaled through my nose, smelling the air. I was feeling significantly refreshed, but definitely not ready to fight again.

I looked over at Rae, who was still sleeping. I watched his chest rise and fall in rhythm with his breathing, and I lay my head on the ground again, preparing to sleep again. The sea splashed against the sand bar, splashing me with water droplets. I perked up my ears and lifted my head. Something wasn’t right…

The mythology of my tribe had always held that the Guardian of the Sea Lugia and the Creator of the Sea Kyogre were connected by a bond, as all Legends inevitably were. When Kyogre created the sea, she appointed Lugia as its Guardian. Lugia could swim effortlessly and had control over several elements, the reasons Kyogre elected him. If Lugia should be disturbed or defeated, then Kyogre would defend the sea viciously, as she was the Sea Mother.

If the shards corrupted both of these Legends, then it would make sense that Kyogre was out. When Lugia’s shard was removed, they technically didn’t share that bond anymore, and now Kyogre was taking it upon herself to defend the sea, thinking that Lugia was dead when only his shard was removed.

“Rae, wake up!” I urged him, placing both of my paws on his chest and pressing on him. The Pikachu woke up groggily, then looked at me.

“Feeling better, Amethyst?” he asked me.

“I’ll be fine, but you won’t be!” I told him, jumping when the sea licked my hind legs. I shivered and stepped further onto the sand bar, looking into Rae’s eyes.

“Rae, I refuse to let anything happen to you. I don’t care how, but you’re getting off of this sand bar,” I told him. He looked at me bewilderedly.

“…Why, Amethyst?” Rae asked me.

“Because Kyogre is going to attack, and she isn’t going to stop until she destroys me, no matter who is in her way,” I told him. I took a deep breath and bowed my head. “You’re special to me, Rae. On the ship, when we had to leave without you, and I battled Lugia… I was afraid you were dead. I won’t let that happen again. I can’t lose you!” I told him, eyes tearing. I looked up at him, not caring what emotions he saw on my face. Rae looked away, as though pondering my words. He then seemed to decide what he was going to say and looked at me.

“Amethyst… If I stay with you, you won’t have to worry about where I am,” he told me. “I… I was worried about you too, when I heard from Salty that you were sucked into a whirlpool, I thought you were dead. I’m glad to see you alive, but I don’t want to see you get hurt again.”

“Then you’d better leave,” I told him flatly. He didn’t say anything initially, but continued to stand beside me. “Rae, this is my destiny. I’m really the only one supposed to be doing this. I don’t want you to get hurt because I’m trying to fulfill my destiny.”

“You shouldn’t have to conquer the burden alone, though,” Rae told me, face flushed again. I smiled at him, feeling the water splash up onto me again. I turned to face the sea, crouched down, watching the waves gradually get larger as the Sea Mother became angrier. I could hear sparks fly from Rae’s cheeks, and I waited for Kyogre to rise before I would launch my shadow ball.

A rushing sound flooded my ears, and I could see part of the sea swell as a dark shape rose from it. I looked up in awe at Kyogre as the seawater rolled off of her body and splashed back into the water, exposing her elegant form.

Kyogre could have vaguely resembled a Wailord due to her immense size and affinity to the sea, however to her sides great fins flapped, and her tail streamed out behind her. Instead of her usual deep blue, though, her coloration had turned black, and her circular red markings were glowing red.

Kyogre let out a roar and glared at me, and I opened my mouth, preparing a shadow ball attack. Kyogre flung herself onto the water’s surface, and I released the shadow ball attack. Overwhelmed by the wave, though, my attack was uselessly drowned, and I instead summoned protect, the water washing over Rae and me harmlessly. I let down the barrier, prepared to counter any attack she had to offer. However, Kyogre was nowhere to be found.

I growled and turned around, expecting her to turn up anywhere around the sand bar. Rae let out a whimper, and I could feel him bump into my side. My heart gave a small flutter, but I calmed myself and kept myself on the lookout for Kyogre. I could hear water rushing on my left, and I turned, preparing a shadow ball. I launched as soon as a wave approached, but my shadow ball was again harmlessly absorbed into the water. Rae unleashed a thunderbolt, though, and it penetrated the water and struck Kyogre. I heard her scream in a voice that sounded like two separate tones, and I watched her darkened body collapse back into the sea. I looked over at Rae, who panted from the effort.

“It won’t be enough to defeat her, but it weakened her a lot,” he assured me.

“How am I supposed to attack her? My shadow ball can’t hit her because she controls the water!” I exclaimed, looking over at Rae. Rae gave me an expression that clearly said that he wasn’t sure, and then I heard Kyogre rise behind us, water gushing as she lifted herself up on it. Rae released another thunderbolt, making her roar in pain, and I tried to use a shadow ball, but Kyogre threw up a shield of water to defend herself. I let out a frustrated scream as she sank again, making Rae shy away from me.

“The only way I could hit her is if I go down after her!” I complained.

“Amethyst, calm down,” Rae told me timidly, obviously frightened of my potential.

“No!” I told him, Kyogre rising up behind me, opening her mouth and letting out a croon, the seawater below her forming an orb before her mouth.

“Rae, duck!” I yelped, tackling him out of the way as water rushed at us. I summoned protect, a move which caused a throbbing pain in my head. I glared at her through the force field, then used shadow ball. The orb rushed through the force field and struck Kyogre, even though it only hit her fin. She sank beneath the surface without a problem. I let down the force field and looked at Rae, who only looked at his feet. The wet sand was sucking his small feet into the ground.

I looked into the horizon, feeling faint rumbling from within the ground. I panicked, and the water even seemed to stop moving as Kyogre noticed. She rose out of the water with a deep, guttural growl. I gasped and backed up, ears flattened against my head, tail between my legs. Rae trembled slightly, although probably not for the same reason.

The Sea Mother had a mortal enemy that had been sleeping since their previous feud. She was the creator of the sea, and had all of the Pokémon of the sea at her command. The Pokémon of the land, however, were under another’s rule. The rule, in fact, of another corrupted Legend, known in mythology as Father Earth.

His name was Groudon.

Murkrow
Old 07-03-2007, 02:01 PM
ccc Offline

Thumbs up Re: The Chronicles of the Shards

Darth Murkrow, I don't like your fic...... I LOVE IT! It's easy to read and the descriptions are wonderful! I wish I could write this well! I'll stay tuned!