Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 11-06-2004, 11:04 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco
Default Today's two episodes

How did you like today's two episodes. For the first one, I liked how Jesse failed in winning against May(although Dustox has WAY better Stats that Beautifly) and exposed for the phony she is. I thought it was unfair though that Drew lost against that lady. I wished that Drew and May could battle for the contest. And I liked how May barely won too. I give it an 8.7 for a percentage grade.

For the second one, I give it a 10.10, because it gave me a decent nap!
Old 11-06-2004, 11:19 PM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Default Re: Today's two episodes

May kicks the game winning FG to pull her team to a 6 to 3 win, that's how the contest went. May probably will excel in the contests, but I still wish it was made better. THe format was done wrong, pokemon battling other pokemon for 2 minutes battle royal is a turn off. I say an 8 for the episode. 2nd one though< I was impressed helping hand can boost Pikachu's power like that, perhaps I should evaluate this helping hand and try it on my Pokemon if it's that good. 2nd one was a 10 plus, I just loved what the girls were wearing. I'm glad to see that Misty taught Max well in the pulling Brock back by his ear into reality again, bravo to Misty.
Old 11-07-2004, 01:29 AM
Agent Orange Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Agent Orange

They both sucked as usual...

PP made me watch it.
Old 11-07-2004, 02:58 AM
Enchanted Flygon Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Enchanted Flygon

i only got to see the first episode but i didnt like it. even though the heros always win, dustox would win in r/s/FR/LG because of its higher stats

Hatched:336
Evolved:441
Lvl.100:621
VPP HoF:quilava
I am EE and with a new name
Old 11-07-2004, 05:16 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

I recall when Ash started off on his journey, he lost a lot didn't he? I think this is the wrong direction with May, but I think the writers are saying May is different. You have her lose many times, she'd cry or something and that's a turnoff among viewers, like when May lost the first contest, she was crying and was crestfallen and viewers probably were turned off. BUt to me, you can't have May win right off the bat, she has to learn. Part of losing is you learn things and May has a lot more to learn. Also, the format of the contest: If May enteres Beautifly, stick with Beautifly, but she's going to switch with Skitty, then Bulbasaur, and then probably Combusken. Well, how in the world do you get your Pokemon framed if you don't follow the contest format of rookie to pro? You can't say Beautifly will win rookie, but then Skitty wins a pro and is framed in Lillicove without going into the first contest and winning. THat's an example of the confusion in contests plus what did May's Pokemon win at in the contest, was it beauty? Plus, what is the level of May's Pokemon? Silver Wind is not learned until level 30 or something on the Beautifly, and it's only a one star move plus the judge adds another star.

Let's take a sport for example. THe player cannot think for a moment of being giddy and cheerleader like for then the player will go out and lay an egg out there. May has to enter these contests seriously, like when people enter the dogs in that contest. nobody is parading or cheering about, they are serious. May has to be serious. THe happiness and stuff should be after you win the contest, and May has to be serious in talking to her Pokemon. May needs a serious attitude, not this giddy attitude. Also, does May think of her friends? Think of it, Ash wants to go to Lavendar, but May wants to compete in Fallarbor. Now, you think May is going to be there for Ash for all his gym battles like he has to be there for her contests, though he has no clue what they are? Between May and Misty, I'm torn over who I want to be with Ash in those gym battles. They're both nice, but I think Misty is more serious then May.

Last edited by AshMistyMayfan; 11-07-2004 at 05:21 AM.
Old 11-07-2004, 02:25 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshMistyMayfan
I recall when Ash started off on his journey, he lost a lot didn't he? I think this is the wrong direction with May, but I think the writers are saying May is different. You have her lose many times, she'd cry or something and that's a turnoff among viewers, like when May lost the first contest, she was crying and was crestfallen and viewers probably were turned off. BUt to me, you can't have May win right off the bat, she has to learn. Part of losing is you learn things and May has a lot more to learn. Also, the format of the contest: If May enteres Beautifly, stick with Beautifly, but she's going to switch with Skitty, then Bulbasaur, and then probably Combusken. Well, how in the world do you get your Pokemon framed if you don't follow the contest format of rookie to pro? You can't say Beautifly will win rookie, but then Skitty wins a pro and is framed in Lillicove without going into the first contest and winning. THat's an example of the confusion in contests plus what did May's Pokemon win at in the contest, was it beauty? Plus, what is the level of May's Pokemon? Silver Wind is not learned until level 30 or something on the Beautifly, and it's only a one star move plus the judge adds another star.

Let's take a sport for example. THe player cannot think for a moment of being giddy and cheerleader like for then the player will go out and lay an egg out there. May has to enter these contests seriously, like when people enter the dogs in that contest. nobody is parading or cheering about, they are serious. May has to be serious. THe happiness and stuff should be after you win the contest, and May has to be serious in talking to her Pokemon. May needs a serious attitude, not this giddy attitude. Also, does May think of her friends? Think of it, Ash wants to go to Lavendar, but May wants to compete in Fallarbor. Now, you think May is going to be there for Ash for all his gym battles like he has to be there for her contests, though he has no clue what they are? Between May and Misty, I'm torn over who I want to be with Ash in those gym battles. They're both nice, but I think Misty is more serious then May.
Misty's a tomboy. And she doesn't want to be a Cordinator. She wants to be the best water pokemon trainer. Of course she's more serious...
Old 11-07-2004, 05:22 PM
Marill Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marill Send a message via Yahoo to Marill

Come What May!
I rate it a 11 out of a possible 10. It was awesome! I have now fallen in love with the thought of being a coordinator! It was a refreshing breath to the worn out battling skills of Ash and Pikachu, and I loved seeing Dustox. And I like how Grace, the trainer with Medicham, fought against Beautifly.

Cheer Pressure!
I missed the first bit of it, but from what I could see, it wasn't that great. 6/10.

Date Registered: 06/17/02 at 18:54:32
Old 11-08-2004, 03:39 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Which is better, Cooridinator or battling for a Pokemon badge?
I say trying to get the badge is more important then a contest. What does a contest tell May's family when they see ribbons over a badge? Well it says May is cut out for Pokemon contests so Max would have to run the gym. BUt then what about the other women who have ran their gyms and not one of them ever entered contests as a teenaged girl growing up? It almost seems like this thing is only for girls, that's what it seems like for Ash hasn't taken an interest in it. I still insist the contest format is set up all wrong and makes May look bad. Battling is better then contests, what does a ribbon say over a Pokemon badge? The ribbon only says you're good at contests and nothing else while the badge says you work hard and trained your Pokemon effectively. May can't really train her Pokemon for contests.
Old 11-08-2004, 04:51 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshMistyMayfan
Which is better, Cooridinator or battling for a Pokemon badge?
I say trying to get the badge is more important then a contest. What does a contest tell May's family when they see ribbons over a badge? Well it says May is cut out for Pokemon contests so Max would have to run the gym. BUt then what about the other women who have ran their gyms and not one of them ever entered contests as a teenaged girl growing up? It almost seems like this thing is only for girls, that's what it seems like for Ash hasn't taken an interest in it. I still insist the contest format is set up all wrong and makes May look bad. Battling is better then contests, what does a ribbon say over a Pokemon badge? The ribbon only says you're good at contests and nothing else while the badge says you work hard and trained your Pokemon effectively. May can't really train her Pokemon for contests.
Dude, Ash has battled a gym 21 times altogehter. Don't you get tired? And why do you keep switching topics? It's getting pointless...