Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Fourth Generation

Fourth Generation Discuss the fourth generation Pokemon games: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Old 06-21-2007, 12:35 AM
finallegacy Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Guide on Nature Breeding

This guide refers to nature in only the battling sense and how they affect the stats of your pokemon. This guide specifically explains natures and breeding natures. Please leave any questions, comments, complaints, concerns, or even compliments .

Explanations of Natures:

Each of your pokemon have natures. The nature of your pokemon can affect its stats in some way. They could either raise one stat by 10% and lower another by 10%, or they can be neutral and not do anything. Here’s a list of all the natures and what they do to your pokemon’s stats.

-Lonely: +Attack, -Defense
-Brave: +Attack, -Speed
-Adamant: +Attack, -Special Attack
-Naughty: +Attack, -Special Defense

-Bold: +Defense, -Attack
-Relaxed: +Defense, -Speed
-Impish: +Defense, -Special Attack
-Lax: +Defense, -Special Defense

-Timid: +Speed, -Attack
-Hasty: +Speed, -Defense
-Jolly: +Speed, -Special Attack
-Naive: +Speed, -Special Defense

-Modest: +Special Attack, -Attack
-Mild: +Special Attack, -Defense
-Quiet: +Special Attack, -Speed
-Rash: +Special Attack, -Special Defense

-Calm: +Special Defense, -Attack
-Gentle: +Special Defense, -Defense
-Sassy: +Special Defense, -Speed
-Careful: +Special Defense, -Special Attack

-Hardy: Don't do anything
-Docile:
-Serious:
-Bashful:
-Quirky:

Breeding for nature:

When you breed or catch pokemon, which nature they have is normally random, but there is a trick to help manipulate a bred pokemon’s nature.

If you give a female pokemon an everstone to hold, and breed it with a compatible partner, the offspring will have a 50% chance of inheriting the mother’s nature. You can get an Everstone from the girl in Snowpoint City by trading her a Medicham for her Haunter, which is holding an Everstone. You can also dig them up from the Underground and get them from wild geodudes and gravelers.

So if you are breeding for a male with the right nature, you should either continue catching or breeding pokemon until you get a female with the nature you want, give it an everstone, and breed it with a suitable partner...either that or you can continue catching or breeding pokemon until you get a male with the nature you want.

Breeding non-gender pokemon for nature:

Normally when you breed for natures, you would give the female an everstone, but genderless pokemon make it a little different. A genderless pokemon can only breed with dittos, and dittos can only breed with other pokemon. In situations where a ditto is involved in the breeding, then only the ditto can hold the everstone and pass down its nature. Even if the ditto breeds with a female, having the female hold the everstone will not help it pass down its nature in this situation. So only the ditto is able to pass down its nature via the everstone.

Don't copy and paste this guide anywhere! But you can still link if you want.
Read my IV breeding guide to learn how to breed IV's and then read my breeding for both IV's and Nature guide to make a very strong pokemon.

Last edited by finallegacy; 03-27-2011 at 03:48 AM.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:39 AM
Flan Offline

Send a message via AIM to Flan
Default Re: Guide on Nature Breeding

You can get an Everstone in Diamond and Pearl as well, not just in R/S/E.
You get it from the girl in Snowpoint City by trading her a Medicham for her Haunter holding an Everstone. You can also dig them up from the Underground.
1634 7867 9741 - heartgold
Old 06-21-2007, 12:49 AM
finallegacy Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flan View Post
You can get an Everstone in Diamond and Pearl as well, not just in R/S/E.
You get it from the girl in Snowpoint City by trading her a Medicham for her Haunter holding an Everstone. You can also dig them up from the Underground.
thank you for that
Old 06-21-2007, 03:51 AM
The Jr Trainer Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Jr Trainer Send a message via MSN to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Yahoo to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Skype™ to The Jr Trainer

Everstones can be found held by wild Geodudes and Gravelers also.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:29 PM
Lusitania Offline

One is equiped to the lady's Haunter, and there are in the Underground.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:33 PM
AnalysisExpert Offline
Master Trainer

finallegacy, I'm POSITIVE the Everstone does the same exact thing about the Natures with the Male Pokemon as it does with the Female Pokemon.

. . . . Well, you know, pretty positive about it.

Also, you should edit in the fact that if you have a Pokemon with either Flame Body or Magma Armor in your part, both of which are found on the Slugma line, the number of steps it takes to hatch the Egg are cut by about 40%.

Last edited by AnalysisExpert; 07-17-2007 at 05:36 PM.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:13 PM
Shiny Charizard Offline
Amateur Trainer

I've been reading this guide, and I've put a Ditto with an Everstone with another pokemon (maybe male Dragonite) to get a good natured Dratini. I've done this a bunch of times, but now, it isn't working. I have a modest Ditto with an Everstone and a male Lucario in the Daycare. Is there anything I'm doing wrong in this situation? I've hatched a bunch of eggs and none have been modest.

Hatches: 109
Evolves: 142
Evolves: 202
Level 100: 394

Visit Shiny Charizard's Long List of Trades
Old 01-19-2010, 04:25 AM
Wyntta Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalysisExpert View Post
finallegacy, I'm POSITIVE the Everstone does the same exact thing about the Natures with the Male Pokemon as it does with the Female Pokemon.

. . . . Well, you know, pretty positive about it.
I don't think so, I just tried that and so far it hasn't worked. And I've been trying for quite some time. So I guess I'll just have to wait for a female with the right nature and then start breeding for the right personality
This reminds me of the time when I was trying to catch a feebas T.T It took so long!!!