Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 06-23-2007, 01:32 AM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing
Default Role Player's Academy Discussion Thread (ver 2.0 XD)

RPA Sign-Up Thread

Yeah, I know I made one of these already, but it's so old and there was only one post, and for some reason it wasn't Stickied. So here's the new one. This will be where we discuss everything RPA- and RP-related. As soon as I get a link for the first RP (which I never ended, sadly lol), I'll add it here.

Also, here ar some things I just want to point out:

*Classes are seperated by a two-week time period. Members can request to be moved up to higher classes if they feel their RPing skills are at a high-enough level.

*If two or more RPs are going on at the same time for different classes, you may join more than one if any are below your current class. For example, say you're in class E (which is high for this example) and you want to join an RP of class C. You can do, since this RP is below the class you are in. However, you cannot join an RP of a class ABOVE your current level (example, a person in class C trying to join a class D RP). This is so people in lower classes don't get into RPs that are too tough, but allows more experienced RPers to join with the less experienced ones to give advice.

*Remember, this is a place where all RPers of all skill levels are welcome. No one is to be made fun of or laughed at; the reason I made this school was so people could learn without fear of being harassed and shot down. You can give criticism, but ONLY of a positive, helpful nature. Any rudeness or being mean will result in you being removed from the school. Please don't make me have to do such a thing.

Now then, let's discuss the RPA! And maybe cookies, on Fridays ^^.

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 06-23-2007 at 01:54 AM.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:50 AM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing
Default Re: Role Player's Academy Discussion Thread (ver 2.0 XD)

Double post, yes, but it's because there are two things I'd like to mention now that I forgot to mention earlier, and wanted to make sure everyone sees:

One: The last RP kind of died near the middle or so, and this was because people who joined the RP stopped posting as time went on. Whether they lost interest or didn't find time or had other reasons isn't known to me, but it's really distressing when people stop posting and your RP starts dying.

So let me touch on this problem. For one, you shouldn't sign up for an RP if you have no intention of seeing it through. This is because, as the RP goes on, your character(s) become more and more caught up in the plot. If you suddenly stop posting, it can bring an entire RP to a screeching halt, especially of only three or four people were part of it to begin with. Even in the beginning of an RP that has many other members, it's inconsiderate to just not post anymore. People will often wait for a while to give others time to post, but eventually they gt impatient and either move on ahead without the person or quit the RP. In the first case, the person who was left behind may (or may not) return and find themselves unable to catch up. They drop out of the RP, and the cycle keeps happening. Even if those who got left behind do catch up, people may not post because they've lost interest.

What does this mean? Only join an RP if you plan on staying with it to the end. Sure, life happens, and fantasy life should take second stage compared to what's going on in the real world. Still, if you quit posting out of laziness or lose interest, instead of not posting anymore and not telling anyone what's going on, PM the creator of the RP and let them know you intend on leaving. Don't try to draw it out or make it sweet or anything. Just tell the creator you're sorry, but you're leaving the RP for whatever reason you have and leave it at that. The creator will decide whether to remove your char for good or haev something happen to where they can catch up later if you change your mind and want to continue. If something is going on in your life and you just don't have time, do the same thing: PM the creator and let them know what's happening and why you won't be posting anymore. Even if the delay will only be a few days, it's considerate to let the creator know if you plan on coming back or not so they and the members of the RP can decide what to do in a timely fashion.

So please, don't sign up for an RP and post twice, then leave. It's what makes RPs die, which is usually depressing for many, if not all, the people involved. *Is still sad that Reflections died.*

Two: Sign ups. I want to go over them in detail, but right now I don't have time to do so, so I'll have to do it later. If someone else wishes to give it a shot, they're more than welcome ^^.

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 06-23-2007 at 01:54 AM.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:40 PM
Larvinator Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Larvinator Send a message via Skype™ to Larvinator

Aw, we can't see who won in the Baby Race? =o

Aw, I was about to give up all hope for the RPA. Then you just had to go and make a new Discussion thread, therefore reviving my hopes. D=

In all seriousness, I'm quite pleased that this is getting "revived" and stuff. I shall wait impatiently for the next RPA RP to start. =D
Old 06-25-2007, 03:03 AM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon

I'll try to keep up with this this time around. I'm still in and willing to help. ^^

Old 10-21-2007, 05:51 PM
RawrIsMyMiddleName Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to RawrIsMyMiddleName

Ahem, I think we need someone more active to be running this, because I pretty much this should be started. I don't know, some people know many basics of Role-Plays like me, but cannot really post much and that long, I have many examples, these examples most likely being me, as my posts are just barely qualified if you can see that in the TOJ III RP. So, we need people [not only me] to improve, and we need this, with a more active person.

Old 12-03-2007, 09:51 PM
Shuricel Offline
Master Trainer

I could try to do it.....but I might not be able to be active all the time. And I'm not exactly the best roleplayer.

This signature was made by the magnificent NEO PIKACHU.
Now go praise him, you.

Old 12-03-2007, 09:57 PM
sir_Aaron Offline

This is basically a better version of the RP I made. Buts its cooler. (Yours I mean)

I'll join to help. Or I can be a student. (I need a few lessons myself)
Old 12-12-2007, 01:40 AM
Aelitaluver30 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

i can probably help... i'm usually on everyday... (almost usually)

Credit to Hihi|Trophy Hall
Old 01-27-2009, 02:10 PM
Lusitania Offline

I'd help, and like to join. I can RP, but not that great, and I'm on like, everyday.