Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 06-24-2007, 07:20 AM
Xlugon Pyro Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Xlugon Pyro
Default Elven Civil War I: Shadows of Conspiracy Discussion

You've read my elf roleplay so far. Now the discussion thread is up, and I need your help to improve this RP ro its maximum potential! List out all of your ideas for this RP here. I have high hopes for this one. Accepted members will also be listed here.

Lore
The world is Omenaar. It is home to many vibrant continents and races. It is also home to great evils. The world was created by a council of gods and goddesses, however many died protecting the world from dark gods. Located in the easternmost regions of the continent Sohzarsan is the high elven empire of Heinylvaare. It spreads across a chain of forested islands and a large northeastern penninsula full of swamps, forests, grasslands, and mountains. To the west is the Sohzul Empire, ruled by a darker skinned race of humans. Both kingdoms are allies, yet the alliance is slowly falling apart as the two seek more land in the world to become the world's greatest power.

In ancient times amongst a cluster of large forested isles in the eastern portions of the world lives a primitive tribal race known as the sylvaak. They were short, had pointy ears, and had dark skinned. They had many wars with other sylvaak tribes. These people practiced natural or nature magic. However, one tribe, the Blazetree Tribe, had a prophet, Chyzanean, who foresaw great power within the arcane magic and power of the goddess Azucara. Harnessing her power, this one sylvaak tribe, renamed to the Highwield Tribe, slaughtered all other tribes and enslaved their sylvaak. However, Azucara did not want them to be slaves, but to join in with this new culture. Over time, the sylvaak grew taller, their skin became much more pale and light, and their hair colors went from brown, green, blue, white, black, and purple to red, orange, brown, blonde, and black. The magic had transformed them, making them much taller and more intelligent. This newly transformed race renamed themselves the elves.

Leaving their old home behind, the elves travelled to a new land Azucara declared was their promised land. Settling there, they named the batch of forested isles Heinylvaare. Their culture soon grew and they became more powerful. The chieftain was declared an emperor and the high ranked clanspeople became the aristocracy. The kingdom soon began to spread to the mainland and out west on to Sohzarsan. There they met the newly immigrated humans of Sohzul settling amongst the northern shores of Sohzarsan. Trade was made between the two civilizations. The elves soon find out the Sohzul humans were also guided by Azucara. Together they grew peacefully. Soon, their borders officially met, but instead of feuding over land, they decided to find land overseas and create colonies. Over time, the elves, prideful in their powers, renamed themselves the high elves. Hundreds of years of growth occur, but this causes the governments of both empires to become corrupt. Sohzul has had past rebellions, but in more recent times the government has been very careful to keep the populace happy enough to not rebel.

This is entirely different amongst Heinylvaare. The emperor has become obsessed in claiming oversea territory and being one of the world's greatest powers. Oppression grows amongst the very large lower class of high elven society. People have begun to hate the emperor and his aristocracy, and new voices and prophets are heard. One goddess, Hatenarua, seeks to reclaim her kin stolen from her many, many years ago as the sylvaak. However, another dark god, Nektrudemus, previously hidden from the others wants revenge, and sees how the high elves are the perfect opportunity to get his revenge on the world and its creators. Finally, one god sees the corruption of the elven society as a plague and feels enough is enough. This god, Valordaemar, sees the elven race as a failure, but has hope in the half breeds of high elven society, the rebellious half elves, or hybrid elves. In hatred against the government, secret societies form, but only three truly take root. Conspiracies are forming, and little is being detected by the high elves. However, the high elves aren't completely unaware.

Societies
Heinylvaare Empire Guard
This oganization is the prime army of defense of the Heinylvaare lands. They have recently heard word of the treasonous societies and are trying to track them down. To keep the citizens at peace, their work is being kept generally quiet.

Hand of Valor
Composing only of half elves, they are determined to crush and bring justice to the high elven government with holy magic. All half elves and only half elves join this group. Their presence is the most well known by the Guard, but they're also the most well armed.

Nature's Ring
Lower class high elves determined to bring back the old ways join this group. Trusting in Hatenarua, they practice natural magic. Instead of overthrowing the government, they want to convert the high elves to the ideas of the ancient ways by any means possible.

Cult of the Shadow Hood
Sinister high elves of vengeful intentions reside within this group. Also of low class origin, they feel their higher ranked kin are weak and haven't found true power. They practice dark magic and have most sinister intentions. They want to ultimately whipe out the high elves and establish a global empire of eternal darkness.

Guidelines
PE2K Rules
No Godmodding
Good Literacy Required
High Level Roleplayers Only
No Bunnying
No Flaming
Mild Romance Allowed
Blood and Violence Imminent!

The RP isn't completely developed yet. I need more minds and helpers to help me plan it out. Look for a discussion thread to go with this one and help solidify the RP there. I wont be signing-up right away, but you will have everything you need to sign-up. This RP is going to evolve and characters of the cult and ring groups will be changing in physical appearance over time due to their magical practices.

Races
High Elf
These people are about a foot average taller than humans, usually around 6 feet for women and 7 feet for men. Their skin is often very light and pale. Their study is primarily arcane magic. General hair colors are red, brown, blonde, black, and white. Eye colors are blue, green, brown, gold, black, or silver. Most are pretty slim and delicate. They excel in areas using the mind but aren't very well of physically and have a harder time. They can join all organizations but the Hand of Valor.

Half Elf
A breed of human and high elf. Half elves tend to stand at about the same height of humans, but are generally a little shorter than humans. They have darker skin than high elves, but it is the same generally peachy skin color of humans and high elves. Half elven hair colors are the same as high elves, but eye colors are only blue, green, brown, or black. Though being existant only in the slums of cities, they had no real education so they did not practice magic, but when Valordaemar came to the half elves in spirit, they embraced his holy magic. These mut-luds, as they are called by the high elves, are physically stronger than high elves, though not as strong as humans. They also lack some high elven intelligence, but living in the slums has made them agile.

Classes
Free For All
Warrior
A general soldier type. They can wield any weapon and wear any armor. They often take the brunt of battle.

Archer
A ranged fighter but adept in melee areas also. They can wear medium armor and have a decent weapon selection.

Empire Guard
Magi
Intellectual spellcasters who call upon immense powers of the arcane, with also some fire and ice magic too. Their spells are very painful, but they can wield almost no weapons and have very weak if any armor.

Conjurer
They summon elemental beings and use them to excel in combat. They have many mage abilities but are not as powerful spellcasters. Armor and weapons are also limited for the conjurer.

Enchanter
By manipulating the mind and body, they bend the will of their enemies. They can torment and soothe others using mental and spiritual spells. Still, weapons and armor are very limited.

Runeweaver
Relying on a series of runes, they benefit their allies and weaken foes. They're most notable for healing abilities and are mostly supportive. Light armor and almost no weapons only.

Spell Knight
All magical abilities of the enchanter and the magi come together in this bold class. Though the effects are weaker, they still benefit this fighter. They can wear heavy armor and wield most weapons.

Hand of Valor
Paladin
The prime combatants of the Hand. Wielding holy magic, they bring justice down on foes and help allies. They can wear heavy armor and wield most weapons.

Templar
Gifted with holy magic, they are primarily female, but can be male. They are the healers and supporters of their allies, but can deal holy damage. Armor and weapons are heavily limited.

Rogue
Due to the half elves life in the slums, they can be adept at sneaking about and make excellent thieves and assassins. They wear medium-light armor and tend to use sharp weapons and throwing weapons.

Monk
Harnessing the power of mind and body together, they use painful martial arts on opponents. They have minor holy powers that are beneficial to themselves only. Monks only use staves if any weapons and wear light armor.

Nature's Ring
Druid
Masters of natures power and able to harness weather and plants. They can be both devastating spellcasters and very beneficial healers and supporters. They wear light armor with a limited weapon supply.

Ranger
Much like druids, rangers wield the power of nature, but to a much lesser extent. They excel in ranged combat, but are adept in melee as well. They wear medium armor and have a good variety of weapons of choice.

Warden
Instead of using the raw powers of nature, these people harness the power of animals. Combining some natural magic and martial arts, they use animal-like fighting styles. They can even transform into animals. They have a decent weapon selection and wear medium armor.

Cult of the Hood
Necromancer
Masters of undeath and disease, they can summon undead minions to their side. Using dark magic, they can devastate opponents with over time effects and devour the enemy using undead minions. Armor and weapon capabilities are extremely limited.

Reaver
The exact opposite of a paladin. Their magic is dark and sinister, much like a necromancer's, and combined with melee abilities, they are a deadly foe. They can also summon undead, but not as many as necromancers. Heavy armor and many weapons are at hand for this class to use.

Warlock
Unlike the necromancer, this magic is demonic. While much of the dark magic is similiar, instead of disease, it deals with fire and pure pain. They can also summon demons to aid them. Light armor and limited weaponry available.

Stalker
Like a rogue, but is less secretive and uses dark magic to intensify blows. Minor spellcasting occurs with this class. They are also more range proficient, able to use bows. Weaponry is the same as rogues, but armor is medium.

Vempeurer
Magic of this class is purely dark with a bit of magic from all other cult classes. Though they also have the gift to use drained life forces to restore an ally's well being. Armor and weapons are very limited.

Members
Empire Guard
None

Hand of Valor
None

Nature's Ring
None

Cult of the Hood
None
Old 06-24-2007, 07:20 AM
Xlugon Pyro Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Re: Elven Civil War I: Shadows of Conspiracy Discussion

Reserved incase it is needed.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:21 AM
Xlugon Pyro Offline
Elite Trainer

Again, this space is reserved. Big RP's will need a lotta space for data, y'know!
Old 06-24-2007, 05:30 PM
Saremu Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

This RP looks sweet. If my signup is accepted I may go a little "Naruto" for my weapon choices and fighting style. Even my clothing.

What is it you want to discuss with us? More classes? More races?
Old 06-24-2007, 07:35 PM
Xlugon Pyro Offline
Elite Trainer

Classes is a possibility, but not races. There is a good reason to this, though. What I need the most is plot ideas and things that will happen during the RP. Each society will have different schemes to overthrow the empire, but the Empire Guard will be hot on the trail hunting for the rebels. Both the Hand of Valor and the Nature's Ring will dissapprove of the acts of the Cult of the Hood, yet the Hand and the Ring will be at eachother's necks to decide what is best for the high elven civilization.

A Naruto thing is fine, but you have to tell me exactly what you mean in your sign-up. Pick a class that would go well with it too.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:24 AM
LordZangoose Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to LordZangoose Send a message via MSN to LordZangoose

I have a few questions, and from there, suggestions. First, I'm assuming the Vampeur is the Cult of the Hood version of a monk? If it isn't, then I would suggest making an Assassin class for the Cult of the Hood. If you want, I could help out with the plot for the Assassin group to make a sub-plot of sorts. Something like an Assassin could rise through the ranks and gain further influence to strike out at the various good factions and societies.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:39 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordZangoose View Post
I have a few questions, and from there, suggestions. First, I'm assuming the Vampeur is the Cult of the Hood version of a monk? If it isn't, then I would suggest making an Assassin class for the Cult of the Hood. If you want, I could help out with the plot for the Assassin group to make a sub-plot of sorts. Something like an Assassin could rise through the ranks and gain further influence to strike out at the various good factions and societies.
Likewise, I would suggest a Theif Class, and I could help you with that. Also, for the Nature's Ring, might I suggest you add four different classes, one for each element (Water, Fire, Earth, Air), although if you don't want to go that way, it's fine, jsut throwing ideas out there.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:27 PM
Xlugon Pyro Offline
Elite Trainer

Ok, to clear things up, let me answer both of you, LZ first.

The Cult's assassin class is the stalker, who is also adept at range, but not so much as a ranger or archer. The vampeurer is like their healer, but he has to deal damage to heal. Though the stalker isn't as good as either ranged or thieving actions as the rogue, they're pretty decent. The combination is deadly, plus they have magic at their hands. Rogues are more of expert thieves, while a stalker is a great assassin and built for underrcover spy work and finding the facts.

Now for Eeveeking. A class like that I would combine all four abilities in to one class, called the shaman, but the shaman class is a class for tribal races primarily, and is something only they truly understand. High elves are clearly not tribal, but they have something really close, a druid.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:23 AM
LordZangoose Offline
Banned

This thread fell off the map it seems like.

I need to ask you two questions here since you didn't respond to a few of my IMs when you were online.

Is it possible for there to be an Imperial Ranger core and an Imperial Arena?
Old 07-03-2007, 12:44 AM
Xlugon Pyro Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordZangoose View Post
This thread fell off the map it seems like.

I need to ask you two questions here since you didn't respond to a few of my IMs when you were online.

Is it possible for there to be an Imperial Ranger core and an Imperial Arena?
What do you mean by this? Do you mean Imperial as the empire?
Old 07-03-2007, 12:44 AM
LordZangoose Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlugon Pyro View Post
What do you mean by this? Do you mean Imperial as the empire?
Yeah just a bloodsport type of arena. Gladiatorial combat. You know.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:25 AM
Xlugon Pyro Offline
Elite Trainer

Probably, yes. But they'd be used for like sporting events. Sometimes, winners may be given high military ranks or special expensive rewards.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:37 PM
LordZangoose Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlugon Pyro View Post
Probably, yes. But they'd be used for like sporting events. Sometimes, winners may be given high military ranks or special expensive rewards.
So, could my character, parsay, use the arena as a way to gain status in the empire to better destroy them with the aid of the Cult?