Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 06-27-2007, 08:14 PM
WorkThoseStripes Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Post Seven Paths.

PROLOGUE.

Far to the East of Pallet Town lies a huge, dark, dense forest and in its center sits a tall mountain surround by a river. There are few trainers that ever feel the need to travel to this wild area, making it a perfect place for Pokemon to live in peace. That morning, however, it changed. Not so long ago, humans had begun to build something in the middle of the forest. None of the Pokemon knew what it was, but they were too fearful of the humans to inspect what was inside. The area surrounding the building was, for some time, deserted by the Pokemon, but as the days went by they began to return to their homes. The humans had not threatened them in any way; it seemed they were of no interest to them. That is, until today.

Ninetales lapped up the water from the river, her nine cream tails swishing silently in the glistening sun. It had always been so clean, so pure, but recently the taste had become different, thought she couldn’t point out how. It wasn’t only the water that had changed, the whole area had, ever since those humans had come. Pokemon no longer stopped to talk to each other and if they did it was not for long, they went their way constantly checking behind them as if they expected to be attacked. Nobody ever mentioned it, but there was no denying it. Something was happening.

There was a shrill cry in the air and Ninetales looked up suddenly to see many bird Pokemon flying away from the mountain. They were shouting something, but Ninetales couldn’t quite make out what it was. Whatever it was, they sounded scared. Something was happening on the mountain and whatever it was, it wasn’t good.

Ninetales decided that it would be best to go up and check what was going on, after all, her partner was up there with their five eggs. She had left him to protect them as she travelled to the forest to gather more branches for the nest. She had, however, only just reached the bottom of the mountain and had not had the time to check the forest. Ninetales gracefully leaped over the river using the stones that stuck unnaturally out of the flowing water. As a fire Pokemon she did not care for getting wet and avoided it as best she could. She began the steep climb up the rocky mountain, every second getting closer to her nest. It seemed that the closer she got, the more worried she was. Every now and then a group of terrified looking Pokemon would run past, their eyes wide and their breathing heavy.

She began to walk quicker and quicker, almost running. She feared for the safety of her family and she felt as if she was needed at her nest. Suddenly a Pokemon fell at her feet. She jumped, having, of course, not expected this event to occur. It was a Persian that had fallen and she lay weakly on the floor. Ninetales quickly walked up to the Pokemon.

“Are you ok?” she asked, while inspecting the Persian’s body for any wounds.

The Persian got up, though she struggled. Looking at her face properly, Ninetales noticed that the Pokemon had been crying. Persian coughed and threatened to collapse again. Ninetales quickly put her body in the way and lifted Persian back up.

“Thank you,” Persian said, though she was not smiling and did not sound happy. She sounded sad, as if something terrible had happened to her. Persian, having now regained balance, walked past Ninetales.

“What’s going on?” called Ninetales, turning to face Persian.

Persian stopped and looked Ninetales in the eye.

“Get away from here,” she replied, another tear rolling down her cheek, “This place is no longer safe.”

“What do you mean?” asked Ninetales curiously.

“They took them all,” said Persian, her head bowed, “All my children, all my family, everything. The humans weren’t as peaceful as we thought. Flee from here before they take you too.”

With that the Persian jumped down onto a lower rock, beginning her own travels to the forest. Ninetales stood rooted to the spot in shock and in fear. The humans had taken Persian’s family, they had been kidnapped. She felt sick as she realised that, if her partner had not suffered the same fate, then he and the eggs were in great danger. She ran. She ran as fast as she could, her heat pounding in her chest so that she felt it might burst open. This morning had started so peacefully, but now this! Everything had gone so wrong.

Ninetales arrived at the nest, only to find it empty. The branches scattered across the floor. The ground had been disturbed; it looked like her partner had put up a good fight. She smiled, she was proud of him. Then the sadness took over. At first it was just for her partner. He had always been there for her, now she was alone. A tear ran down through her fur. She would never know her children! She wouldn't watch them as they grew up! Who knew where they would grow up and who with? Would they survive? Then the tears began to pour out of her eyes and she collapsed onto the floor, as if her legs could no longer stand to carry the weight of her body. She had lost everything, within one short moment it was all gone.

There was a gun shot, making Ninetales jump. She got up, knowing she couldn’t stay. Before she left the nest she took one last look at it, remember all the good times she had had there. She lifted her paw and wiped her fur and eyes then she left. There was no time to mourn now, she must get herself to safety then she could grieve for her loss.

As she making her way down the mountain she slipped, not really paying attention to what she was doing. She fell down quite far and landed painfully on the floor below. She struggled to her feet and noticed that she was by another nest. This one however was untouched, though it looked as if the owner of it had fled a while ago. In it were seven brown eggs that looked as if they were close to hatching. An image flooded her mind of her own cream eggs, sitting peacefully in the nest that she had so carefully perfected. Her eyes welled up and threatened to cry, but she refused to. She would not cry now, it was not the time. Ninetales was about to leave when she realized that these eggs had no parents, they would be along in the world. Had the parents been taken by the humans? Or had they fled the area, thinking it was too late to save their children. She couldn't leave them, she could not let them come to the same fate as her own. Ninetales couldn’t explain why she did it, but for some reason she felt compelled to bring up these eggs as her own. She felt as if she already had some kind of bond with them, though she didn’t know how. There was another gun shot, this time louder meaning it was closer. Ninetales looked around and saw a large opening in the rock. She quickly grabbed each of the eggs one by one and placed them in this opening. Then she took a jump and got into it herself.

The humans, dressed in black came and went, but Ninetales refused to leave the opening until the next day. Soon, Pokemon began to return to their homes in the mountain. It had suffered many losses, for both Pokemon and eggs, and everyone supported each other in their grief. Ninetales knew she would never forget her partner and had a feeling that one day she would see him again and maybe her children too, but now it was her duty to bring up the eggs that she had hidden from the humans.

It was only a few weeks later when the eggs began to hatch. It was the middle of a cold night and Ninetales woke to the sound of the egg shells cracking, breaking the silence. They hatched into seven, tiny Eevee. Each of them were tiny and brown in colour except for the fur that surrounded their necks and their tails, which ended in the same cream colour which was not unlike Ninetales' own fur. A few days later, as Ninetales lay under a dark, starry sky, the Eevee curled up in her tail she made a promise to herself. She promised that she would do her best to look after the Eevee and if anything bad ever happened to them, she would do her best to correct it.
Umbreon
Done @ 1380

Last edited by WorkThoseStripes; 07-27-2007 at 06:06 PM.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:21 PM
Lapras Frost Offline

Default Re: Seven Paths.

wow i really like this fanfic but its a bit depressin * sniff* poor ninetales, but a good prolouge non the less i cant wait for chapter 1 when will it be on?

wtf... pikagreen? D:
Old 06-27-2007, 10:25 PM
xOverheatx Offline

...........???????? Its Too Much To Read!!!!!!!

sry my wifi is missed up cant battle......

I miss the Johto Games and wish they'd re-make them for the DS. If you think so too, put this in your SigNT. started by emerald suicune
Old 06-27-2007, 10:38 PM
Darth Murkrow Offline
Elite Trainer

I like this. It's a nice read, although maybe your descriptions are a little lacking.

Maybe you could go more into detail with describing the Pokemon, their environment, and the eggs. For instance, describe the Ninetales as though you're writing for an audience that has never seen one.

I'm terrible at giving advice, so I apologize. I'm trying to help, really.

~Darth

Murkrow
Done: 800
Old 06-28-2007, 02:34 PM
WorkThoseStripes Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Thankyou for your comments. I am going to re-write the prologue soon. (: I'm posting chapter one either later tonight or tomorrow afternoon. Thanks again. (Y)
Umbreon
Done @ 1380
Old 06-28-2007, 03:05 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

*sniff*

I felt like crying half way through that...

It's interesting to see the Pokemon's side of humans and being captured.

Trainers just think of getting Pokemon, but the Pokemon are scared out of their skin!

I think this could be amazing!

Like Darth said, add a bit more detail.

But, I love this... Nearly as much as the Chronicles by Darth!

Djax94
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 06-28-2007, 05:49 PM
WorkThoseStripes Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Aha! Edited the prologue a bit. It's mostly the end though. (: Chapter one coming later.
Umbreon
Done @ 1380
Old 06-28-2007, 06:10 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

Can't wait for chapter one!

Poor Ninetails...

Awesome story!

Djax94
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

ASB|URPG

Old 06-30-2007, 04:10 PM
WorkThoseStripes Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

CHAPTER ONE

It was almost a whole year since the first attack on the mountain. Since then there had been many more, but none caused the Pokemon to suffer as much as the first. Ninetales had moved further up the mountain, knowing that the humans would only tackle the bottom half. Up here it was much colder and the weather was harsher, but at least they were safe.

The seven Eevee’s had grown up well. They were intelligent and had learned quickly the art of battling. Of course they had never yet been in a proper battle, but Ninetales had done her best to teach them. They were all different, all of them individual. Never the less, she loved them all the same.

It was a warm morning, the middle of a hot summer, one of the hottest Ninetales had experienced. She loved to lay out in the suns rays; it made her feel so relaxed. Something tugged hard on her ear, trying to wake her up. It was most likely one of the children. She chose to ignore them.

“Mum, wake up!” said one of them impatiently.

Ninetales continued to ignore them before drifting back into a peaceful sleep.

“Leave her she’s asleep!” a male Eevee said to his sister, the one who had been tugging at Ninetales’ ear.

She turned round to him and jumped on him. The two of them loved to play fight with each other and they were the strongest fighters of the seven. The boy was slightly stronger than the girl though. Her strength was in her counterattacks, but even so he always found a way to beat her. Sometimes you could find both of them looking into the sky, at different times though. The boy would stay up late into the night, staring at the moon that shone brightly down on them. The girl, however, did not stay up with her brother. She spent much of her time, when she wasn’t playing with the others, looking up into the sky, as if lost in her mind

“Would you two quit playing, we need to wake mum up!” said one of the Eevee, sounding slightly annoyed.

The two of them continued to wrestle however. Their play fighting took them out of the cave in which they slept and the rolled over the edge of a rock. The other five gasped and ran out to see if they were ok. They peered over the edge and were relieved to see that the two of them were fine, though they looked slightly shocked. They jumped down to them.

One of the Eevee looked over to the forest. She knew that was where the humans who caused so much chaos lived and she growled. Ninetales had told her what they had done and she had also experienced the trouble that they had caused herself. She hated them, in fact, she hated all humans. They did nothing but bring misery to Pokemon.

“What’s wrong sister?” asked another one of the girls curiously after hearing her growl.

“Nothing,” the other replied, “Well, it’s just those humans live down there. I thought maybe we could teach them a lesson?”

The second boy of the group heard her and instantly joined the conversation.

“Yeah we can! We can chase them out of the forest and out of our lives!” he said confidently.

The boy enjoyed revenge and playing pranks on people, he usually did this with the help of one of his sisters. The strange thing about him was that he loved thunderstorms, whenever there was a storm he would sit out in the middle of, enjoying every moment. His sister, who helped him pull pranks on other Pokemon, was different though. She was the more intelligent of the two, the one who put the plans together. Her favourite time of year was winter and the cold never seemed to affect her.

“Go down into the forest?” asked one of them, “Mum would never let us go on our own!”

“She’s way too protective! Let’s just go without her!”

The seven pups agreed that this was a brilliant idea. Each of them loved the forest. It was a great place to play games with each other, it was peaceful and many other baby Pokemon lived there. There were no children on the mountain except for themselves so the forest was a great place to socialize. They all made there way down to the bottom of the steep rocky mountain to the bank of the river.

The river was very deep and the current was strong. If one of the tiny pups were to fall in they would be washed away instantly. Fortunately there were a series of small stepping stones for them to jump on. One by the one they crossed the clear blue river and landed on the outskirts of the forest. Six of them vanished into the trees, but one stayed behind, sitting on one of the rocks in the middle of the water.

Water fascinated her. The way that it travelled freely with nothing to hold it back. The way its clear blue colour reflected the sunlight so beautifully. Its sound was so peaceful and relaxing, Eevee had once found herself drift to sleep next to it.

“Come on, sister!” shouted one of the boys.

She looked up to see that he had returned to find her. She took one last look at the river then jumped over onto the grass. She then ran over to join her brother and they disappeared into the forest.

The forest was a beautiful place. The green of the grass was only matched by that of the trees which swayed ever so slightly in the breeze. Beautiful flowers of all colours stuck out of the rich earth and Pokemon of all kinds scampered between the ferns and bushes.

The seven of them passed a small nest. The nest had three large yellow eggs with black stripes on them. One of the Eevee looked at them and smiled. She was the most caring of the seven and least interested in battling. She didn’t like to hurt Pokemon; she only wanted to care for them. She hoped that one day she could have children of her own to look after. Maybe she could adopt and be just like Ninetales, who she admired.

“Come on!” said one, bounding in front of the others to lead the group, “The humans building is just over here!”

The others followed, not knowing that this action would change their life forever.

Back on the mountain Ninetales finally woke up. She decided that it was cruel to ignore the pups; they only wanted to have fun after all. She yawned and stood up, stretching out her long, slim legs. She looked around the cave and noticed the pups weren’t there and walked outside, guessing that they had not gone far. But they weren’t there. They were nowhere to be seen. Ninetales began to panic. Where had they gone?

“Children?” she called loudly, hoping they would hear her and return.

There was no sound. It was happening again, she thought, just like a year ago! She had promised to keep them safe, but she couldn’t even control them. She decided that the most likely place they would have gone was the forest, it being their favourite place, and she raced down the mountain towards it.

The seven Eevee hid behind the bushes staring at the building. It was huge, bigger than they had expected. Ninetales had never let them near it before, so this was their first glimpse of it. Every now and then there were sad cries of whatever Pokemon were trapped inside it. A big van was parked outside it, the back doors open. After a while, men dressed in black had begun to come outside with Pokemon in cages. They placed the cages in the van and then went back into the building for more.

“Come on, lets go get them!” whispered the one Eevee.

“Don’t be so stupid! You cold never take them!” replied his sister quietly not wanting to be discovered by the humans.

“Oh yeah?” he said, getting ready to pounce.

He jumped onto her and the two began to wrestle. Without even realizing it they had fallen out of the bushes and were in full view of the humans. One of them saw the two Eevee fighting and walked up to them, smiling, with a net in his hands. The boy pushed the girl away with his hind legs and she went flying into the legs of the human.

“Well, what have we here?” he asked in a rough voice. He bent down and picked the Eevee up by the scruff of her neck smiling.

Immediately all the Eevee jumped out of the bushes, growling.

“Put her down!” growled one of the boys, not knowing that the human couldn’t understand him.

The human put the Eevee he held in a net and then released six Pokemon. All of them were the same species. They were a light, tan colour with sharp claws. On their backs were sharp brown spikes. The six Sandslash faced the six Eevee, smiling evilly.

“Get them Sandslash!” cried the human loudly.

While he put the first Eevee in the van the Sandslash chased the others throughout the forest.

By the time Ninetales got to the clearing they were all gone. She couldn’t find any of them anywhere. She searched the whole forest and all over the mountain, but without any success. That night she returned to her cave sobbing uncontrollably. She had failed them, she had broken her promise. Yet again she had lost those she loved. That night she cried herself to sleep.

When she woke up in the morning, however, she found that one of the Eevee had returned. It was the Eevee that wanted to be like her and she told Ninetales everything that had happened. Three of the Eevee had been taken, but she did not know where the others had vanished to. The two of them cried together, Ninetales wishing she had been there and Eevee wishing she had stopped them.

“Everything will be ok in the end mum,” whispered Eevee quietly, another tear dripping through her fur, “and if it is not ok, then it’s not the end.”

Ninetales smiled. Eevee had hope and she admired that, but Ninetales herself had lost all hope she had ever gained.
Umbreon
Done @ 1380

Last edited by WorkThoseStripes; 06-30-2007 at 05:59 PM.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:45 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

So much description!

Hooray!

Just be careful...

Quote:
“Mum, wake up!”
Quote:
“Come on, sister!”
You need to have comma in dialogue when you're addressing someone.

But well done!

I loved it... Very descriptive and exciting!

Djax94

ASB|URPG

Old 06-30-2007, 05:58 PM
WorkThoseStripes Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Thankyou! I'm finally getting into the actual story now. Chapter 1 was going to be part of the prologue as well, but it was too long. The story itself starts at chapter 2. :D
Umbreon
Done @ 1380
Old 06-30-2007, 06:03 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

I can't wait!

This chapter was sad, too!

*sniff*...

Djax94

ASB|URPG

Old 07-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Lapras Frost Offline

this is actually awsome

bring on chapter 2

bring on chapter 2

bring on chapter 2

i cant wait

this is gonna be really awsome

wtf... pikagreen? D:
Old 07-06-2007, 11:33 PM
WorkThoseStripes Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

CHAPTER 2

It was his entire fault. If he hadn’t of started wrestling with his sister she wouldn’t have fallen through the bushes, the humans wouldn’t have known they were there and none of this would be happening. What made them think that they could beat the humans? How could they be so stupid?

Eevee ran through the bushes as fast as he could. He had never been this deep into the forest and had no idea where it would lead him, never the less he ran. He could hear the heavy footsteps of the Sandslash which chased him. This particular Sandslash was slow, but still managed to keep Eevee in view.

And image flooded his mind of his sister being put into the van. There were mean Pokemon in there and they hurt her. It was his entire fault! He shook his head as he jumped over a small puddle. He couldn’t know that this was what had happened; all he knew was that she had been captured.

Sandslash was getting closer, Eevee could hear his breathing as if he were right next to his ear. He couldn’t run any more, he had to fight! He stopped in his tracks and turned round getting ready to tackle Sandslash. He jumped forward, pushing all his weight against the ground Pokemon, but Sandslash merely flicked him away with his claws. Eevee fell back onto the floor, wounded. Sandslash had scratched his front leg and it now continued to bleed. It wasn’t a bad wound, but a wound none the less. Sandslash advanced upon the tiny Pokemon laughing. He took his arm back, ready to swipe once more.

“Help!” cried Eevee, close to tears.

Somebody heard him. A Pidgeotto flew at the Sandslash, pecking him over and over again.

“Go now!” Pidgeotto shouted at Eevee.

Eevee turned around and began to run again, never once looking back to see what became of Pidgeotto. For hours he ran, not knowing the direction he fled. The forest was bigger than he had imagined, but soon he reached its end. He came out onto an open field. The green grass lay on the ground as usual, but there were no trees surrounding it. He had never been in an area like this before; everything was so new to him. This day was full of surprises, good and bad. So much was happening; it was too much to take in. He continued to run, he didn’t feel safe out in the open.

The more he ran, the less energy he had. He was exhausted and his feet ached. Maybe it was safe to go back now, surely Sandslash would have given up by now? He turned round, just about to go back. He collapsed and the world went black.

Umbreon lay peacefully on the grass that swayed gracefully in the breeze. It was a warm summer morning, perfect for relaxing. Umbreon didn’t get many chances to relax, any time he rested was either to heal or sleep after a long day. Umbreon, however, didn’t dislike his life, he found it good. Many years of training after the incident in the forest had caused him to be a strong fighter who won many of his battles. His pain was great after loosing his family, but he had moved on. He wouldn’t allow the past to affect him.

Umbreon felt his soft, black fur being stroked and he looked up, opening one eye slightly, to see a young boy sitting next to him, staring up at the pale blue sky that had white clouds scattered across it. He had brown eyes and his skin was pale. His black hair matched the black outfit that he travelled in. He was fourteen years old and went by the name of Carl. He was Umbreon’s trainer.

“You did really well in that last battle Umbreon,” he complimented, patting Umbreon’s head.

“Thanks,” Umbreon replied. Of course Carl could not understand what he had said; all he heard was “Breon!” Umbreon licked Carl’s hand to make sure he understood.

The last battle had posed a challenge for Umbreon. It had been against an extremely well trained Arcanine. Its speed and power had made the fight difficult, but Umbreon managed to pick out its weakness. The Arcanine specialized in counter attacks, which, in the end, made his moves very predictable. Umbreon sighed, realizing it had been like fighting with his sister.

“What’s wrong Umbreon?” Carl asked, hearing the Pokemon sigh.

Umbreon didn’t reply.

“Well, whatever it is,” said Carl, stroking Umbreon again, “you know I’ll always be here for you, right?”

Umbreon smiled and licked Carl again. Carl always gave him such confidence in battle; he had so much faith in Umbreon. He always cheered him on and never once had he doubted him.

Carl had found Umbreon in the field he had collapsed in, when he was still an Eevee. He had been out picking berries for his family business and had found him. He immediately rushed him back to Pallet Town and got him healed at the local PokeCenter. He then continued to look after Eevee, nursing him back to full health. When Eevee had healed he had decided that it would be best to stay with Carl, all hope of finding his family gone. He became Carl’s first Pokemon.

It was true that a trainer and his first Pokemon shared a special bond; the two of them grew up to love each other very much. Of course, at first, he had been wary because Carl was a human, but it was from him that he learned that not all humans were cruel. Carl was loving and caring, he never treated him badly at all.

The two of them had been travelling together for five years now, both of them growing stronger in ways more than one. Their biggest victory so far was coming second in the Kanto League. They had, however, also competed in the Johto, Heonn and Sinnoh Leagues, doing well in all of them. They were now taking a break in Kanto before setting off on a trip round the Orange Islands.

“It’s a nice day isn’t it?” asked Carl, looking down at Umbreon, “Shall we let the others out?”

Umbreon nodded, though he wasn’t overly keen on the idea. This didn’t mean he disliked the other Pokemon; it was just that once they were out there wouldn’t be much chance to relax. Carl’s team consisted of a Gengar, a Weaville, a Houndoom, A Skarmory and a Steelix.

“Ok you lot! I have some news to tell you!” shouted Carl, sounding rather excited.

Umbreon lifted up his head, curious as to what this news would be.

“There’s going to be a tournament in Celadon City! Now we’re going to take part and guess what? We’re going to win!”

Umbreon smiled happily, he loved to battle and tournaments were a great place to show off his skills.

“So we are going to need to do some training before we head off the Celadon City!” continued Carl, “Skarmory lets see that steel wing of yours!”

Carl picked some twigs off the ground and got ready to throw them as Skarmory took off into the air, the sun’s rays bouncing off her metal wings. She flew up high then turned round, diving towards the group. Carl threw the twigs in the air as he wings began to glow brightly. She flew her wings straight into them and they were cut in half.

“Excellent Skarmory! Now, Weaville, use your quick attack to gather to twigs!”

Weaville travelled so fast it looked impossible. He quickly gathered the twigs and placed them at Carl’s feet.

“Well done you two that was great!” said Carl, hugging them both in turn.

Carl then turned to the other four, scratching his head in thought.

“Now, how to train you four?” he wondered out loud, “Steelix use rock throw!” Make them small!”

Rocks seemed to come out of Steelix’s body and they flew into the air with speed.

“Right Houndoom! Use crunch!”

Houndoom jumped forward and bit hard into each rock, all of them crumbling into tiny pieces as if they were as soft as an apple. Carl praised them both, smiling happily. Suddenly, someone clapped.

“That was good,” said a female voice.

Umbreon watched as a girl, around the same age as Carl walked towards them. She had long, curly, blonde hair which swayed in the breeze. She wore a blue top and a white skirt with a belt around it. On the belt was six Pokeballs.

“Thanks,” said Carl with a smug look on his face, “Not to be rude or anything, but, who are you?”

“My name’s Kim,” she replied. She walked up to him and held out her hand which he shook.

“I’m Carl,” he replied.

“You’re Pokemon look strong, do you want to battle Carl?” she asked, letting go of his hand.

“Sure!” said Carl confidently, “Fancy a double battle? Two Pokemon against two, at the same time?”

Kim nodded. She walked backwards, creating enough space for the oncoming battle and then took two Pokeballs off her belt. She threw them high into the air, the light bouncing off the top of them. A Pidgeot and a Tropius were released onto the arena. Umbreon got up and stretched his legs, preparing for the battle. He knew Carl would choose him and Gengar because they were the only ones who hadn’t trained yet, that and they made a brilliant team.

“Umbreon and Gengar you’re up!” shouted Carl, pointing forward.

Umbreon and the ghost Pokemon jumped forward and faced their opponents.

“Right then, Pidgeot use gust on that Umbreon!”

Pidgeot kicked up a powerful gust over towards Umbreon. He was caught unaware and soon found himself spinning round in the powerful wind, unable to control himself.

“Tropius use razor leaf into that gust!”

Tropius let loose several sharp leaves and they began to spin around inside the gust with Umbreon. The wind made them faster and gave them more power and every time they hit Umbreon they threatened to cut deeper into his dark skin.

“Umbreon jump up!” shouted Carl.

Umbreon put all his strength into jumping out of the gust and he succeeded. He landed neatly on the grass. His body hurt slightly from where the leaves had caught him, but he was otherwise fine.

“Good work Umbreon! Gengar use lick on lick on Pidgeot!”

Gengar ran up to Pidgeot and licked her right in the face. She had not tried to dodge because she had not expected it to have the effects it did. Her eyes went wide as her whole body became paralyzed.

“Umbreon tackle Pidgeot!”

Umbreon began to tackle Pidgeot over and over again, throwing all his body weight against the flying Pokemon. Kim saw what was happening and knew she had to act quickly.

“Tropius use razor leaf again!”

Tropius aimed another razor leaf attack at Umbreon.

“Umbreon stop tackling! Use quick attack to dodge those leaves!”

Umbreon stopped tackling Pidgeot and began to evade the sharp leaves with high speed. By the time he had stopped, the Pidgeot’s paralysis had worn off. This time she had learnt. She flew high into the sky to evade any more lick attacks from Gengar.

“So your Umbreon is fast? I can solve that problem. Tropius use magical leaf!” she shouted.

This time, the leaves the Tropius let loose seemed to glow and sparkle, no wonder they were called magical leaf. Umbreon again used quick attack to evade them, but for some reason they seemed to follow him, no matter how fast he was. In the end they all hit him in one big powerful blow and they were stronger than an average razor leaf. Umbreon fell to the floor, the cuts on his legs now beginning to bleed; he was in a lot of pain. He managed, however, to prop himself up. He wasn’t giving up that easily.

Carl analysed the situation. Pidgeot seemed to be weak after the heavy amount of tackles Umbreon had dealt. It would be easy to take her down first and then Tropius last.

“Gengar use your confuse ray attack on Pidgeot!”

This was how all battles went for Umbreon and Gengar when teamed together. Gengar would always causes status problems for their opponents while Umbreon took the chance to use offensive attacks. Sometimes it was harder and other times it was easy, this battle was proving to be one of the more difficult ones as Pidgeot and Tropius made a good team.

Gengar let loose his attack causing Pidgeot to become confused. It was as if the flying Pokemon had gone mad. She could barely stand, her wings flapping about madly at her sides. She even accidentally let loose a gust attack on Tropius, catching him unaware. Now was Umbreon’s chance. He used his most powerful attack, faint attack. He surrounded himself in his aura, stepping closer and closer to Pidgeot. Then he leaped and attacked her. The Pokemon screamed out in pain and fell to the floor. Umbreon thought it was over, but he was wrong. In the corner of his eye he saw the Pokemon trying to get to her feet. Without waiting for Carl’s command he tackled her again, this time she fainted.

Kim returned Pidgeot into a Pokeball which she replaced onto her belt.

“You were good Pidgeot,” she said smiling, “It’s up to you now Tropius!”

“I’d like to see you try!” shouted Carl, grinning, “Gengar it’s time for hypnosis! Then Umbreon finish with tackle!”

Gengar’s eyes glowed and he sent sleep waves towards Tropius. The Pokemon tried to fight again the attack, but soon he began to sway and yawn. He was falling asleep. Umbreon, who had been standing behind Gengar to avoid the attack, jumped over the ghost Pokemon and tackle Tropius, knocking him to the ground. The fight was over.

A few hours later the two trainers sat on the grass, their Pokemon team with them. Umbreon sat back on the grass, finally he could relax again. He looked over towards Kim’s team. Tropius and Pidgeot were asleep, most likely resting from being knocked out, but Kim also had a Floatzel, Ampharos, Rapidash and an Absol.

“So you’re going to Celadon City for the tournaments?” asked Kim, staring into the sky.

“Yeah, are you?”

“I think I’ll tag along, I don’t know if I’ll compete though,” she replied, pulling some grass out of the ground.

She turned her head slowly to the side and then Umbreon found himself staring straight into her eyes. At first she just stared, but Umbreon saw some emotion in her eyes. Sadness. There was something she was hiding. He sighed and rested his head on the ground, preparing for the long journey to Celadon.
Umbreon
Done @ 1380

Last edited by WorkThoseStripes; 07-06-2007 at 11:53 PM.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:57 PM
Lapras Frost Offline

tis very good i want more xD but also there are some miss spelt words

wtf... pikagreen? D: