Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 03-24-2004, 11:02 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Pokemon Colosseum Released!

Pokemon Colosseum Released!
-03/24/04-

Pokemon Colosseum has now been released!

Nintendo’s Pokemon Colosseum Description:
Pokemon Trainers, this is the game you've been waiting for. Starring a brand new leading character, Pokemon Colosseum delivers an awesome Story Mode that takes place in an amazing region unlike anything you've ever seen in the Pokemon world. And if that's not enough to get you excited, Pokemon Colosseum also features a Battle Mode which lets you watch your favorite Pokemon battle in full 3D!

Features
-An engrossing 3D Story Mode with RPG elements!
-Use the hero's Snag ability to rescue damaged Pokemon from wicked Trainers, then bring them back to their senses.
-Use a Nintendo GameCube Game Boy Advance Cable to transfer your favorite -Pokemon from your Pokemon Ruby or Sapphire Game Pak to your Nintendo GameCube.
-Two games in one! In Battle Mode, you can watch spectacular battles as your prized Pokemon battle it out with amazing special effects.

Story Mode
Pokemon Colosseum's Story Mode is serious stuff. The game delivers a massive adventure which pits you against some of the toughest Trainers you've ever seen. The thugs routinely catch and damaged Pokemon, and you'll tour through a harsh land to undo their evil. Pokemon fans, this is what you've been waiting for -- an all-new Pokemon adventure in full 3D!

Pokemon in Darkness
When you battle evil Trainers, you'll see Pokemon that have been damaged by darkness. You bring them back to their senses and free their true personalities over a long process of encouragement and training. But first you must use the hero's Snag ability to steal Pokemon away from the Trainers -- another big first for the Pokemon world.

Realistic Battles
Drawing upon the power of Nintendo GameCube, Pokemon Colosseum's Battle Mode is far more realistic than the battles in the Nintendo 64 Pokemon Stadium games. You'll use the Nintendo GameCube Game Boy Advance cable to send your team from your Pokemon Ruby or Pokemon Sapphire Game Pak to your Nintendo GameCube, then witness the true potential of your Pokemon team for the first time. There's never been anything like it!

For more information and screenshots of Pokemon Colosseum, go here: Pokemon Colosseum. Also, check out the official Pokemon Games website at: www.pokemon-games.com , it has been updated with more information about Pokemon Colosseum.

*For news complete with pictures, go to the website: www.pokemonelite2000.com
Old 03-24-2004, 11:19 PM
Kan Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Kan
Default Re: Pokemon Colosseum Released!

FINALLY! I'll have to go get my preordered copy at WM....
Old 03-24-2004, 11:34 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

This game is nothing like what was seen in the Stadium games. I just got it yesterday and it slaughters hours like there was no tomorrow, that's how much fun it is and how long you'll be playing it. The story mode is fantastic, and there are plenty of surprises. Even if you're just neutral about Pokemon, this game is worth playing either way.

The commerical may be rotten, but the game certainly makes up for it, and then some.

Old 03-24-2004, 11:55 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

This game is... AWESOME! Get it while you can folks!
Old 03-25-2004, 04:13 AM
TotodileHop24 Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to TotodileHop24

I agree... this is an excellent game! What a surprise to have it released on my birthday! I just recieved the game as a present, and it's definitely worth playing. I love all of the battle effects and all of the different stadiums. It's great!
Old 03-25-2004, 03:06 PM
Mechaflame Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via Yahoo to Mechaflame

I just bought it with my own money. Now I'm broke. Oh, well. It was sure worth the money and effort to buy it. This game really suprised me. This game is a real stepping stone for Pokemon history!

The original starters should get more respeck, don't y'think!
Latest Signature

Old 03-25-2004, 05:36 PM
_DarkCharizard_ Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via MSN to _DarkCharizard_

Dammit ! I live in UK.... stop taunting me! I'll import if i can find one for cheap and if i cant wait.

Old 03-25-2004, 06:40 PM
Mechaflame Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via Yahoo to Mechaflame

Ah, that sucks! Well, I got it and I'm playing it as of now. I started a new game...

The original starters should get more respeck, don't y'think!
Latest Signature

Old 03-25-2004, 10:45 PM
Agent Orange Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Agent Orange

Does anyone else think that the people in the game look bizzare?
Old 03-25-2004, 11:53 PM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

My Review:

Pros:
PC is a great game. It has a 3D environment, incredibly good attack animation, the ability to get old Pkmn, and (finally!) a 3D RPG.

The way you get the Pkmn is the fun part. You're rescuing them from trainers who mistreat them. You're also playing to stop the Bad Guys from conquering Orre.

The game simulates the Pkmn Centers in RS and also has the great visual reperesentations of attacks.

Cons:
The Graphics have not been updated to much. They still look like Stadium 1 or 2 Graphics. The characters are blocky and not smooth. It's like they are made of many rocks glued together. The Pkmn actually look better than the People. Even the world (buildings, towns, etc.) look(s) better.

Since Pkmn is an Anime, I assumed that the game would have Anime-like Graphics. Cell-Shading would have been much better for this game, since its more visual than Stadium 1 or 2 (in the Stadium games pictures of trainers were only shown in prebattle). You see the people and think "How could they possibly live when they're made from pieces?".

I was thinking that the Cell-Shading on Zelda is bad because it doesn't fit the other games in the series. It makes up with Gamepaly and Character Expressions but could have easily be done in Traditional Imaging. Pkmn is an Anime so Cell would have looked batter.

Another thing I was expecting was that since it's Visual, the Pokeballs would fly out of the Trainer's hand and could be seen all through it's path of being thrown. What's done is first we see the animation of the Trainer throwing the Ball and then it switches instantly to them standing there and the ball is landing and opens. I kind of didn't expect that in a Game where it's common since the Trainers always throw Balls now.

There are no updated 3D Gyms and you can't view all your Pkmn at once and choose from any you want.

Overall Rating: 8/10
This is high because it's first for 3D Pkmn RPGs and is done ver well but is brought down from a 9 by the above-mentioned Cons.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!

Last edited by bronislav84; 03-26-2004 at 12:45 AM.
Old 03-26-2004, 05:08 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Damn! I didn't get it in the mail! I hope it didn't get lost! Hopefully, it'll come on the 26th if it got released on the 24th, I signed for 2 days to get the game, and it said I would've gotten it by the 25th! I better not get screwed! I want my Jirachi disk!
Old 03-26-2004, 05:12 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

GOt an update, APril 2nd to the 9th! I hope they don't screw up on the Jirachi disk when they deliver it. Maybe I'll hobble to Toys R Us tomorrow if I'm up to it on my leg.
Old 03-27-2004, 11:20 AM
Dre@mWe@ver Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Dre@mWe@ver Send a message via MSN to Dre@mWe@ver Send a message via Yahoo to Dre@mWe@ver

I got colloseum on wednesday, but unfortunately I am unable to play it due to my gamecube not working. =\ Darn, just my luck.
Old 03-27-2004, 10:56 PM
Pokemon World Mazter Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon World Mazter Send a message via MSN to Pokemon World Mazter

I was supposed to get it Monday, but I dont have enough money saved =/ Ill try this week I bet the game rocks! Im gonna go to my friend's house tomorrow to play it.

~If I just.. Breatheeeee let it fill the space between Ill know everything is alright, Breatheeee every little piece of me you'll see everything is alright, if i just breatheee~

~Could you look me in the eye? And tell me that you are happy now.. Would you tell it to my face, or have I been erased? Are you happy now?
Old 04-01-2004, 08:55 PM
Svarog Offline
New Trainer

Is this game really good? My mom said I could buy three games with my new Gamecube.