Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Trivia/Games

Trivia/Games Join in the Trivia games! Any trivia/games are accepted.

Old 07-02-2007, 10:16 PM
TeirusuFX Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to TeirusuFX Send a message via Yahoo to TeirusuFX Send a message via Skype™ to TeirusuFX
Default LoaferBoyzX's Riddles For Fiddles X2

Okay, riddles, just answer them, and you'll be a smarty.

Rules

-If the riddle isn't answered in 10 days, the answer will be revealed
-No Spam (Unless if it's stating that I got beaten to the answer)
-You may submit your own riddles, give me the answer once I accept it

Gallery Of The First Edition

Okay! Here they are!

A very pretty thing am I, fluttering in the pale-blue sky. Delicate, fragile on the wing, indeed I am a pretty thing.

What am I?

Answered By Furyflame: A butterfly, really obvious

A boy was at a carnival and went to a booth where a man said to the boy, "If I write your exact weight on this piece of paper then you have to give me $50, but if I cannot, I will pay you $50." The boy looked around and saw no scale so he agrees, thinking no matter what the carny writes he'll just say he weighs more or less. In the end the boy ended up paying the man $50.

How did the man win the bet?

Answered By uxie: He wrote 'your exact weight' on the piece of paper!

A logician with some time to kill in a small town decided to get a haircut. The town had only two barbers, each with his own shop. The logician glanced into one shop and saw that it was extremely untidy. The barber needed a shave, his clothes were unkempt, his hair was badly cut. The other shop was extremely neat. The barber was freshly shaved and spotlessly dressed, his hair neatly trimmed.

Why did the logician return to the first shop for his haircut?

Answered By uxie: Since there were only two barbers in the town, each of them must have cut each other's hair. So that means since the first barber cut the second barber's well, and the sencond barber cut the first barber's hair badly, that means that barber one has the better haircuts.

A man wanted to enter an exclusive club but did not know the password that was required. He waited by the door and listened. A club member knocked on the door and the doorman said, "twelve." The member replied, "six " and was let in. A second member came to the door and the doorman said, "six." The member replied, "three" and was let in. The man thought he had heard enough and walked up to the door. The doorman said ,"ten" and the man replied, "five." But he was not let in.

What should have he said?

Answered By Noob of all noobs: Three. The doorman lets in those who answer with the number of letters in the word the doorman says.

My life can be measured in hours,
I serve by being devoured.
Thin, I am quick
Fat, I am slow
Wind is my foe

What am I?

Answered By uxie: A candle

A woman shoots her husband. Then she holds him under water for over 5 minutes. Finally, she hangs him. But 5 minutes later they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together.

How can this be?

Answered By troacctid: The lady was a photographer, she shot a photo of him, hold the picture underwater to show, and hung it to dry.

If you like pretty gems that sparkle and shine, I invite you to dig in my virtual mine. My first is purple, fit for a king, My second is green where Dorothy did her thing. My third is red, July's birthstone as well, My fourth is seen in strings and is found inside a shell. My fifth is hard, pure Carbon and expensive to buy, My sixth is Crocodolite, striped like the big cat's eye. Seventh is two words, a man-made fake of April's stone, Eighth is very dark and found at Lightning Ridge alone. Now take from each gem, one letter in its turn, And you will find the stuff for which even the god's yearn.

Name all the gems.

Answered By Poring: The answer is Ambrosia /// The gems are: Amethyst Emerald ( Emerald City in the Wizard of Oz ) Ruby Pearl Diamond Tiger's eye Cubic Zirconium (Fake diamond) Black Opal Taking the first letter of Amethyst, second of Emerald, etc.. gives Ambrosia - The food of the gods.

What goes around the world and stays in a corner?

Answered By lilJT: A stamp

Romeo and Juliet are found dead on the floor in a bedroom. When they were discovered, there were pieces of glass and some water on the floor. The only furniture in the room is a shelf and a bed. The house in is a remote location, away from everything except for the nearby railway track.

What caused the death of Romeo and Juliet?

Answered By Poring: Romeo and Juliet are fish. The rumble of the train knocked the tank off the shelf.

Samuel was out for a walk when it started to rain. He did not have an umbrella and he wasn't wearing a hat. His clothes were soaked, yet not a single hair on his head got wet.

How could this happen?

Answered By uxie: The man is bald.

(Just Posted)

Times are hard in a small rural town, business is slowing and people are moving out. It so happens that there are two horse-dealerships in town. Unfortunately there's only enough people to support one of the dealerships. So the two owners meet and decide that one of them must leave town. Since neither of them want to leave they devise a competition to see who gets to stay. It is decided that they will race their horses across town. Now they don't want to damage their horses, so they change the race rule so that whoever?s horse crosses the finish post LAST wins the race and gets to stay in town. So the next day they set off. Both are ambling along, taking rests and getting nowhere nearer to finishing. After a few hours a wise old man tells them to dismount and gives them some advice. After which the two sprint back to the horses, get on and gallop towards the finish line. Assuming that the race rules were not changed.

What advice did the old man give them?

One morning a man is leaving on business trip and finds he left some paperwork at his office. He runs into his office to get it and the night watchman stops him and says, "Sir, don't get on the plane. I had a dream last night that the plane would crash and everyone would die!" The man takes his word and cancels his trip. Sure enough, the plane crashes and everyone dies. The next morning the man gives the watchman a $1,000 reward for saving his life and then fires him.

Why did he fire the watchman that saved his life?

Answered By uxie: He was sleeping on duty.

(Just Posted)

While exploring the wilds of Canada, George was captured by hostile wood fairies. Zion, the powerful chief of the fairies told him he could make one final statement which would determine how he would die. If the statement he made was false, he would be boiled in water. If the statement were true, he would be fried in oil. George found neither of this options too his liking, so he made a statement that got him out of this seemingly impossible situation.

What is the one statement he could have made?

(Just Posted)

A sheik announced that a race would decide which of his two sons would inherit all his wealth. The sons were to ride their camels to a certain distant city. The son whose camel reached the city last would be given all the sheik's wealth. The two sons set out on the journey. After severals days of aimless wandering, they met and agreed to seek the advice of a wiseman. After listening to the wiseman's advice, the two sons rode the camels as quickly as possible to the designated city.

What was it that the wiseman told the two sons?

Hint: They did not agree to split the wealth, and their father's decree would be followed.

(Just Posted)

I am related to the water, but I am not wet. I am related with a shadow, but I am multi colored. I am an illusion, but I show what is real.

What am I?

Ah! Aya-chan! Aya-chan genki?

Last edited by TeirusuFX; 07-05-2007 at 10:39 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:18 PM
Furyflame Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Furyflame Send a message via Yahoo to Furyflame
Default Re: LoaferBoyzX's Riddles For Fiddles X2

Is it a butterfly?

Paired with PalkiaAndBlisseyrock :3
Old 07-02-2007, 10:20 PM
TeirusuFX Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to TeirusuFX Send a message via Yahoo to TeirusuFX Send a message via Skype™ to TeirusuFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furyflame View Post
Is it a butterfly?
Yes, it is a butterfly

Old 07-02-2007, 10:41 PM
RawrIsMyMiddleName Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to RawrIsMyMiddleName

i THINK ON NUMBER FOUR HE HAS TO SAY 3? Sorry for caps, I messed up the keyboard for a few minutes.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:18 PM
TeirusuFX Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob of all noobs View Post
i THINK ON NUMBER FOUR HE HAS TO SAY 3? Sorry for caps, I messed up the keyboard for a few minutes.
Correct, I thought that one was pretty hard XD

Old 07-03-2007, 12:17 AM
Linoone Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Linoone Send a message via Yahoo to Linoone

#3...Answer: He wanted to kill the bad barber?
Old 07-03-2007, 12:22 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

No. 2, wild guess, he won because he tricked the boy into playing a different game.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:27 AM
troacctid Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to troacctid

For #2, the man wrote down all the numbers from 1 to 500, or some wide range like that. The boy could not deny that his weight was among the ones written down, and conceded that the man never said he would only write one number. He gave up the money.

For #3, you need to take into account that these are the only two shops in town. Whenever anyone wants a haircut, they have to visit one of these two shops. The reason the logician didn't go to the clean one was because he knew that in order to keep the shop clean, the barber must have had enough time on his hands to clean it. Therefore, he can't have had many customers, or else he would be too busy. For the messy shop, the inverse is true. The barber had so many customers that he didn't have enough time or staff to clean up. In addition, the fact that it's messy implies that something happened to mess it up in the first place. The fact that it's very messy must have meant that lots of things happened to mess it up. This is further evidence that the barber has given more haircuts that day.

Of course, it could also be that the cleaner one is likely to have higher prices, since the barber has more money to higher cleaning staff.

Last edited by troacctid; 07-03-2007 at 12:37 AM.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:29 AM
TeirusuFX Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linoone View Post
#3...Answer: He wanted to kill the bad barber?
No, that's wrong...

Quote:
No. 2, wild guess, he won because he tricked the boy into playing a different game.
That's wrong too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by troacctid View Post
For #2, the man wrote down all the numbers from 1 to 500, or some wide range like that. The boy could not deny that his weight was among the ones written down, and conceded that the man never said he would only write one number. He gave up the money.
Nope, still wrong

Old 07-03-2007, 12:30 AM
Linoone Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

X1 and X2 is hard!!! They are just to hard I can't answer them.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:30 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Um, he wrote more than one number?
Old 07-03-2007, 12:32 AM
Linoone Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Um, he wrote more than one number?
No the first thread of his riddles and this is the second thread of riddles from him.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:39 AM
TeirusuFX Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linoone View Post
X1 and X2 is hard!!! They are just to hard I can't answer them.
Lol, Matt was the master with my riddles -.-"

And sonickid01 kept on attempting to beat him, but lost most of them

Old 07-03-2007, 12:39 AM
Linoone Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoaferBoyzX View Post
Lol, Matt was the master with my riddles -.-"

And sonickid01 kept on attempting to beat him, but lost most of them
Cool..um This is kinda spam so sorry.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:42 AM
troacctid Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to troacctid

For number six, she shot a photo of him, held it underwater to develop, then hung it up to dry.