Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 07-16-2007, 09:38 PM
Shadow Eevee's Avatar
Shadow Eevee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Somewhere. :o
Posts: 6,902
Default Re: new profile fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jr Trainer View Post
Or we could get more space in your Sig, that wouldn't be bad.
Meh, you have a point.


And to Berserk Gene, you win. I'm not going to flame. I was against it because Diamond and Pearl brought n00bs.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-16-2007, 09:44 PM
ZERO-X Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Maverick Hunter HQ
Posts: 494
Send a message via MSN to ZERO-X
Default Re: new profile fields

I think is a good idea! You have my support Berserk! Why would we put FC in the sigs? Its just a waste of sig space! It will be great for that space in the profile!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-16-2007, 10:04 PM
Sent Reglay's Avatar
Sent Reglay Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Temple Prime
Posts: 3,460
Send a message via AIM to Sent Reglay
Default Re: new profile fields

What would this prove? That PE2K turned into a forum ruled by D/P n00bs. Suck it up, and put it in your sig. If people are to lazy to put it in their sig, chances are, their to lazy to enter it in this extra field.
__________________

Diamond FC: 1676-0154-5078
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-16-2007, 10:34 PM
Berserk Gene's Avatar
Berserk Gene Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Location Location
Posts: 734
Default Re: new profile fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sent Reglay View Post
What would this prove? That PE2K turned into a forum ruled by D/P n00bs. Suck it up, and put it in your sig. If people are to lazy to put it in their sig, chances are, their to lazy to enter it in this extra field.
re-read the thread or something..wow..At least shadow eevee made sense..

what does "being too lazy to put it in their sig" have to do with anything? Most people DO put it in there sig..but my point is that if it's a common piece of information, such as...location..gender...then it should be there. More organized, more convienient, and people would gain some sig space.

I'm at a loss as to how lazyness got thrown into this. How does putting some numbers in one input box over another make you lazy?? It's just...MORE ORGANIZED.

And another person against it because of a d/p predjudice. *adds tally

Seriously. If your only reason for being against this is that you don't like d/p players, then don't post. That has nothing to do with this suggestion.

Jesus Christ..
__________________

Last edited by Berserk Gene; 07-16-2007 at 10:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-16-2007, 10:55 PM
Lord Celebi's Avatar
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 13,311
Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi
Default Re: new profile fields

I support. I think this would be a helpful addition, and people wouldn't double post because they forgot to put their Friend Code in their post (A lot don't know the edit button exists :P).
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-17-2007, 12:38 AM
uxie's Avatar
uxie Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Mysteriously missing.
Posts: 446
Send a message via AIM to uxie
Default Re: new profile fields

Frankly, I support. And while I despise the n00bs in the D/P Forums, there are ALSO good people and members who are NOT n00bs who have D/P and Wifi, and who would like to have an easy way to get their info across. I would love to get rid of that link in my sig, to free space for those annoying quiz results banners that I love so much.

And in response to those people who so kindly offered criticism, here are my answers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sent Reglay View Post
What would this prove? That PE2K turned into a forum ruled by D/P n00bs. Suck it up, and put it in your sig. If people are to lazy to put it in their sig, chances are, their to lazy to enter it in this extra field.
While I agree that some n00bs might use this feature, WHO CARES? What can they do with it, other than posting a fake FC or name? Would YOU trade with such a person anyway? The only people I would trade with are those who would use this feature in a good way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jr Trainer View Post
Or we could get more space in your Sig, that wouldn't be bad.
No, it wouldn't, but it also wouldn't solve our problem- to make it easier to find a user's FC and name. Not to mention, the debate over extra sig space has been raging for awhile now, and is nowhere nearer to reaching a decision than it was a month ago. I wouldn't count on any extra space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeTest View Post
I find this completely usless, for one, if you people are too lazy to post your FC, then you don't deserve to battle or trade. If you people have a problem with having to put your FC in your sig, once again your fault. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Plus, most people just joined here for D/P. Which isn't really right.

-Ichii
I didn't post my FC in my sig for a long time. Thus, by your argument, I am a n00b and don't deserve to use Wifi. *sigh* Illogical logic, anyone?

Also, while I admit that many people joined PE2K just for D/P, that doesn't mean a thing. What would then be the point of leaving off a useful feature? To punish those who only joined for D/P, along with useful, active members? I don't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Eevee View Post
I'm just saying, this forum doesn't revovle around Diamond and Pearl, Wi-fi and friend codes. People could just put it in their avatars, banners or just write it. It's not that hard to have a balanced signature.
Agreed. However, while the forum doesn't revolve around D/P, they are an integral part of PE2K as the only Wifi enabled Pokemon games for the DS. If you're upset about them taking precedence, add another field for PBR FC as well.


DISCLAIMER: To any of those members who offered a dissenting opinion and who I gave replies to, I apologize for any perceived flaming. Thank you.
__________________


Friend Code Info

Still paired with Eveelover12!
Requiem for the DCC

Last edited by uxie; 07-17-2007 at 07:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-17-2007, 12:46 AM
Nick_Roge's Avatar
Nick_Roge Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,055
Send a message via Yahoo to Nick_Roge
Default Re: new profile fields

I support the idea. However I think we should stop calling people noobs, some people find it very offensive and it may drive them away from the forum (although I do agree that they can act very irritatingly sometimes).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-17-2007, 12:59 AM
Berserk Gene's Avatar
Berserk Gene Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Location Location
Posts: 734
Default Re: new profile fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by uxie View Post
If you're upset about them taking precedence, add another field for PBR FC as well.
I forgot about PBR FC's..two fields would be fine i think. Most people who play PBR would rather just use PBR to battle their d/p teams as well, so only one would be used in most cases. Good addition to a good idea.

As for name, i don't think it's needed. I'm pretty sure only the FC needs to be correct when battling, you can "name" that FC whatever you want and it will still work. That's how it is on the DS anyway. Wii may be different.

rust - yes, that's true too. posts like "k i'll m33t u on teh wifi wut's ur FC?!11" will all but disappear. No more pointless posts asking for FC's, no more pointless posts to tell people their friend code.

All in all this is just a simple "re-arangement" of info. Why put it in your overcrowded sig when you can just have it neatly in your info box? There's room for at least 3 (of the same size font) lines there.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-17-2007, 04:45 AM
BladeTest's Avatar
BladeTest Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Fighting in the Arrancar War
Posts: 1,154
Default Re: new profile fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserk Gene View Post
Completely illogical, argument is void.



No...that's not it...it's having to find someone elses FC, and this would make it easier. It's not about something being broken or something being fixed, it's about activating a feature that already exists..because it would be useful.

We don't need subscriptions. Let's do away with them. If you're too lazy to go find a thread, you don't deserve to post. (your argument, just with a different subject)



I completely expected this. Everyone who has opposed this so far are the people that just have a predjudice against the d/p forum, because of all the "newbs" and "spammers" they bring, so to speak. This also has nothing to do with the suggestion at hand and is void.


- Berserk Gene (i am going to put a dash, than my username, to make my post look more important.)
Okay, as many of the people have said, then it'll seem as if the forum is run by D/P, if they do this, then people will want something else up thier, what? I don't know, but if one person get one for something, then someone will make a theard just like this and ask for something else. Just post it. Somethings, you just can't do. As said before, if you do something for one board, then you'll have to do something for another board. But if it happens, I don't care. I have Diamond, I just don't really trade/battle.

-Ichii
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-17-2007, 12:24 PM
Berserk Gene's Avatar
Berserk Gene Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Location Location
Posts: 734
Default Re: new profile fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeTest View Post
Okay, as many of the people have said, then it'll seem as if the forum is run by D/P, if they do this, then people will want something else up thier, what? I don't know, but if one person get one for something, then someone will make a theard just like this and ask for something else. Just post it. Somethings, you just can't do. As said before, if you do something for one board, then you'll have to do something for another board. But if it happens, I don't care. I have Diamond, I just don't really trade/battle.

-Ichii
so your opinion is that if something is useful for one but does not affect the other should not be done? Sorry, i still don't understand your thinking...That's not how a forum improves. A forum improves by utilizing small ideas that come together into making the community a better place for all. Re-read the sticky at the top of this forum, please.

Welfare doesn't benefit me at all. Maybe we should get rid of it? In fact, get rid of handicap parking and tax cuts as well. They don't help everyone.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-18-2007, 03:13 PM
Sent Reglay's Avatar
Sent Reglay Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Temple Prime
Posts: 3,460
Send a message via AIM to Sent Reglay
Default Re: new profile fields

Do you think it will help? No, it won't because these same people who don't bother to put their FC in their sig, will still double post with their FC's, because they won't bother to put it in this new field. It's not that I have anythign against D/P, it's just that a feature is onyl useful if peopel use it.
__________________

Diamond FC: 1676-0154-5078
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-18-2007, 03:34 PM
Yggdrasill's Avatar
Yggdrasill Offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 1,255
Send a message via MSN to Yggdrasill
Default Re: new profile fields

This sounds like a very good idea.
Also, wouldn't this lower a lot of the "spammish" posts in the D/P forum? We wouldn't have a lot of the new users constantly asking for friend-codes, it'll just be placed in their sigs and easy to spot.
This idea can only help improve the forum. I really don't know why people are complaining about this anyway, it's Ryan that will have to insert the profile fields, no one else will have to do any hard work. =/

Last edited by Yggdrasill; 07-18-2007 at 03:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-18-2007, 07:09 PM
Berserk Gene's Avatar
Berserk Gene Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Location Location
Posts: 734
Default Re: new profile fields

Sent Relgay - you're still missing the point unfortunately..

This isn't for people who don't put their FC's in their sig...it's for anyone/people who do to... Would you rather have information you need in the same place every time, in an easy to find location? Or in a 5X7 inch box clustered with several other things in a different place every time..

Lastly, why put in your sig what you could put in your profile? When's the last time you saw someone's Gender and location in their sig..

Quote:
it's just that a feature is onyl useful if peopel use it.
Also, i just *have* to ask...what feature could still be useful if nobody uses it? That didn't make any sense..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasill View Post
it's Ryan that will have to insert the profile fields, no one else will have to do any hard work. =/
Lol, not really, this is what he'll have to do:

Add new profile field:
__________________________________________________ _______

Profile Field Type: Input
Profile Field Name: "D/P FC" (or w/e)
_________
| submit |
------------

And that's it, basically. I wouldn't suggest something if i thought it meant alot of work for the admin.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-18-2007, 07:15 PM
Sent Reglay's Avatar
Sent Reglay Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Temple Prime
Posts: 3,460
Send a message via AIM to Sent Reglay
Default Re: new profile fields

Thats exactly what I said. Peopel have been talking about how it would stop n00b posts, because it would cut down on the need for n00bs to doubel post because the information would be right there, but the n00b would still double post, because its just as much work to add it to their porfile as it is to add it to their sig. So if peopel don't use it, whats the point of having it? This forum doesn't revolve around D/P.
__________________

Diamond FC: 1676-0154-5078
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-18-2007, 07:19 PM
uxie's Avatar
uxie Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Mysteriously missing.
Posts: 446
Send a message via AIM to uxie
Default Re: new profile fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sent Reglay View Post
Do you think it will help? No, it won't because these same people who don't bother to put their FC in their sig, will still double post with their FC's, because they won't bother to put it in this new field. It's not that I have anythign against D/P, it's just that a feature is onyl useful if peopel use it.
*sigh* Can't argue with THAT logic, now can you?

The thing is, your argument is based on the assumption that NOBODY will use the field. That assumption is quite unrealistic. If it's there, people are bound to use it. Who knows, perhaps even those people who double-post FCs will use it. And if/when they do, it will reduce or even eliminate that problem. But if such a feature is not added, then it is guaranteed not to fix the problem. As someone once said,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
__________________


Friend Code Info

Still paired with Eveelover12!
Requiem for the DCC
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com