Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 07-18-2007, 07:23 PM
Sent Reglay's Avatar
Sent Reglay Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Temple Prime
Posts: 3,460
Send a message via AIM to Sent Reglay
Default Re: new profile fields

No, n00bs won't use it, and people who care enough to use it are perfectly capable of putting in their sig, or looking it up on their own.
__________________

Diamond FC: 1676-0154-5078
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-18-2007, 07:38 PM
uxie's Avatar
uxie Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Mysteriously missing.
Posts: 446
Send a message via AIM to uxie
Default Re: new profile fields

Now what you're doing is restating your argument. Just restating it. Not adding things on or explaining anything. That's not how logic works.


I have a suggestion. Why don't we put the field onto the forum as a trial run. Then, after the trial period, the mods can judge whether or not there has been an improvement as a direct result of the feature. Their judgement can decide whether or not the field is kept. That way, our argument can be resolved, and the best path for all of Pe2k can be found.
__________________


Friend Code Info

Still paired with Eveelover12!
Requiem for the DCC
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-18-2007, 07:42 PM
Lord Voldemort Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Killing Harry Potter
Posts: 2,668
Send a message via AIM to Lord Voldemort
Default Re: new profile fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Eevee View Post
I'm just saying, this forum doesn't revovle around Diamond and Pearl, Wi-fi and friend codes. People could just put it in their avatars, banners or just write it. It's not that hard to have a balanced signature.
But does it really matter?
It won't hurt anyone who doesn't have the game. You're acting like we're effectively kicking the people who don't have the game out or something. And that would eliminate a lot of double posting. I can't tell you how many times I've seen someone agree to a trade, and then right after post their friend code and demand for the other said person's Friend Code.
The only valid part of your whole argument is:
Quote:
People could just put it in their avatars, banners...
But that take away signature space that a lot of people don't want to use, either in pixel space or in character limit.
Thus, people don't put it there.
__________________
My Pearl FC: 1590 1362 9244
My HG FC: 0947 4441 3267

Last edited by Lord Voldemort; 07-18-2007 at 07:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-18-2007, 07:45 PM
Sent Reglay's Avatar
Sent Reglay Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Temple Prime
Posts: 3,460
Send a message via AIM to Sent Reglay
Default Re: new profile fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by uxie View Post
Now what you're doing is restating your argument. Just restating it. Not adding things on or explaining anything. That's not how logic works.


I have a suggestion. Why don't we put the field onto the forum as a trial run. Then, after the trial period, the mods can judge whether or not there has been an improvement as a direct result of the feature. Their judgement can decide whether or not the field is kept. That way, our argument can be resolved, and the best path for all of Pe2k can be found.
You knwo what, I would support that. That soudns like an effective solution. If their is a change, I'll shut up, if there isn't, I think it'll prove my point.
__________________

Diamond FC: 1676-0154-5078
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-18-2007, 07:45 PM
Berserk Gene's Avatar
Berserk Gene Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Location Location
Posts: 734
Default Re: new profile fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sent Reglay View Post
No, n00bs won't use it, and people who care enough to use it are perfectly capable of putting in their sig, or looking it up on their own.
dude, you're awesome. Psychic powers?

I'm going to try to explain ONE more time, by tearing your post apart, again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sent Reglay View Post
No, n00bs won't use it
how do you know that? Also...what's with the noob talk? Noobs aren't completely dumb people you know..they are able to think on their own. It is very seldom that someone that joins a forum is so noobish that they don't know how to type..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sent Reglay View Post
and people who care enough to use it are perfectly capable of putting in their sig, or looking it up on their own.
Yes, they are, and your point? Which is why this is a feature to make things easier for everyone, AS well as get rid of pointless posts, AND as an added bonus: MORE sig space.

We're also perfectly capable of getting rid of our forum entirely and just mailing letters to each other.

I'm still waiting for a reply from you as to why we shouldn't do this..except of course your traditional: "Some people might not use it so let's just not do it at all"

Can you agree with this:
A.) some people using it is better than no people using it
B.) if we don't get the feature, nobody will use it, obviously.
C.) therefore, logic says: having it > not having it.

The people who don't use it WILL use it once they find out about it. For example, scrolling down the posts and they see it along with the other info:

"woah, i can put that in my profile?"
"yay, now i can take it out of my sig so i'll have more room"


So right now, the pro's are:
More sig space
Easier to find information
More organized
Will reduce pointless posts.

The cons you listed are:
maybe some people won't use it?

uxie really said it better than i ever could. but hopefully by now you understand..It's a little noticable that you don't reasonably debate much..
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-18-2007, 07:49 PM
Sent Reglay's Avatar
Sent Reglay Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Temple Prime
Posts: 3,460
Send a message via AIM to Sent Reglay
Default Re: new profile fields

Dude, I already agreed it needs a trial run :P
__________________

Diamond FC: 1676-0154-5078
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 07-18-2007, 08:30 PM
Berserk Gene's Avatar
Berserk Gene Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Location Location
Posts: 734
Default Re: new profile fields

we posted at the same time.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 07-18-2007, 10:13 PM
Poke Master's Avatar
Poke Master Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Over ther! *slap
Posts: 1,508
Send a message via AIM to Poke Master Send a message via Yahoo to Poke Master
Default Re: new profile fields

I think you don't really need this feature.
Eg.:

poster1: Okay! finally! Deoxys for Charizard!
poster2: Yes!
poster1: Oops, forgot, whats your Friend Code.
poster2: We all make mistakes. I don't have it in my sig so here: 00000000

(FC is Fake duh)

On the other hand, it would be kind of convineint.(spelling?)
Again, you don't need to put it in your sig, unless you are battling and
trading 24/7.
So, I vote not.

~Duncan
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 07-18-2007, 10:25 PM
Berserk Gene's Avatar
Berserk Gene Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Location Location
Posts: 734
Default Re: new profile fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke Master View Post

On the other hand, it would be kind of convineint.(spelling?)
key phrase.

You didn't list any cons for it..in fact i still haven't heard any.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 07-19-2007, 11:00 AM
Yggdrasill's Avatar
Yggdrasill Offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 1,255
Send a message via MSN to Yggdrasill
Default Re: new profile fields

The thing is, people are saying: "Oh, they won't use it." and "You don't really need to put it in your signature", but isn't this only the opinion of someone who doesn't really find a use for it?
People who are battling and trading constantly will find this extremely useful, it's not like it's affecting people who aren't using it in a bad way.
Quote:
No, n00bs won't use it, and people who care enough to use it are perfectly capable of putting in their sig, or looking it up on their own.
Newbies might not use it, but people who have been on this forum for a long time will use it. For a bunch of people who really hate nOObs; it seem like you only take them into consideration most of the time. =/

Last edited by Yggdrasill; 07-19-2007 at 11:12 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 07-19-2007, 08:15 PM
-PK's Avatar
-PK Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 7)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Your pants!
Posts: 7,662
Default Re: new profile fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserk Gene View Post
i admined a vbulletin forum before, so i know you can add new profile fields with the admin interface.

I think it would be a good idea if we got profile fields for our in-game name and FC, then it could be displayed in our info every time we post (along with post count, location, etc.) it would just make it easier and would have no real down side..

What does everyone think about this?
With what I read on the first few posts, since people make up what they want for a location, why not just put our fc's in the location spot instead?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 07-19-2007, 08:23 PM
uxie's Avatar
uxie Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Mysteriously missing.
Posts: 446
Send a message via AIM to uxie
Default Re: new profile fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeking1 View Post
With what I read on the first few posts, since people make up what they want for a location, why not just put our fc's in the location spot instead?
Well, we could, but that would greatly reduce the effectiveness of the idea, and probably increase the spam problem. For instance,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Example A
Regular Poster w/ FC in Location bar- Alright, Celebi for Mew. See you on Wifi!

n00b- Y is yr fc in location?
As opposed to,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Example B
Regular Poster w/ FC in FC Bar- Alright, Mew for Celebi. See you on Wifi!

n00b- *goes to put FC in FC Bar and says nothing*
__________________


Friend Code Info

Still paired with Eveelover12!
Requiem for the DCC
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 07-19-2007, 08:29 PM
-PK's Avatar
-PK Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 7)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Your pants!
Posts: 7,662
Default Re: new profile fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by uxie View Post
Well, we could, but that would greatly reduce the effectiveness of the idea, and probably increase the spam problem. For instance,



As opposed to,
Actually no. If there was a fc and name place, you would be telling the person to go to the same area to get the info.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 07-19-2007, 08:30 PM
Yggdrasill's Avatar
Yggdrasill Offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 1,255
Send a message via MSN to Yggdrasill
Default Re: new profile fields

Wouldn't putting your FC in a profile field entitled "Location" be a little strange though?
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 07-19-2007, 08:37 PM
-PK's Avatar
-PK Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 7)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Your pants!
Posts: 7,662
Default Re: new profile fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasill View Post
Wouldn't putting your FC in a profile field entitled "Location" be a little strange though?
Well, look at what other people have: behind you, one your neighbor's roof. It would not really be strange.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com