Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 01-11-2005, 09:21 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku
Default Re: Pokemon The Movie: Destiny Deoxys on KidsWB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkcomet
I highly doubt it Daz.

As you are english, I'm sure the words "damn" or "bloody" or "crap" do not offend you in any way. Many Americans it seems (and this is from what I've seen, this might not be the case) find these words to be very bad. That's why when it's translated, they make sure that is left out...

As an Australian, these words come up in our speech a lot. Even the teachers will swear from time to time. It's nothing to get up in arms about.

I'm sure that the Japanese version of the show is much better, and probably makes a lot more sense. I mean, they left out a few shows in the 4Kids dub of the show, because it was considered "offensive" to have James with cleavage. Some bans on the show are legit (like the one that put many children in hospital with epilleptic fits), but I mean, come on.

Aussies and English seem to be a lot more dirtier mouthed then most Americans.
Ah, I was talking about the Japanese version having swearing in, actually, but yeah they do seem to edit them out for being extremely offensive. I don't really see why swearing is so bad; swear words are merely words that show powerful emotions, such as anger, hate, etc. For example, "**** off!" and "Get lost!" mean the same thing, however the former implies that you hate the person, whereas the latter implies you merely do not wish to speak to them (In most cases, at least). I suppose swear words being bad could be a ploy by governments who hate seeing people express extreme emotions or whatever... :P

As for the movie, I just saw it. I've learned quite a few new things about Deoxys that will greatly benefit my RP character (Such as the fact that one of Deoxys abilities has the same electrical-disrupting effect as the Silver Orb). All in all, about 9.4. Note that it only lost 0.6 due to the fact that I couldn't understand more than a few words (Like when Tooi said 'Ja ne' (Later) to Plusle and Minun) but other than that the movie was awesome. I understood the plot as a whole, however, due to the fact that I've read Serebiis summary, however I'm disappointed that it missed some things out that help you understand the movie from just reading that thing.

I also hope you Americans have funny watching DD, and I pray that Deokishisu keeps the Japanese voice, which is unfortunately hard to describe (I'll upload a Voice clip of him later, however to do that I have to export the entire movies Sound data, cut the part out that I want, and resave as MP3...).

EDIT: Clip ripped and uploaded.

Download - 378KB

Clip rundown: Pelipper fly in front something that resembles a spire, or radio tower. Deoxys lands on top of the squares clock, with Murkrow being frightened by Deoxys shadow which is cast upon the ground. It then shows what Deoxys is seeing, (Imagine looking through a glass of silvery liquid) showing that Deoxys has bad optical sight (Which is also shown in the earlier battle with Rayquaza).

Deoxys then uses its Psychic abilities to send a sort of shockwave towards the Murkrow which are near a fountain. The shockwave scares the Murkrow (Most likely not harming them due to them being immune to Psychic attacks) sending water a few feet into the air. After taking another quick look, the purple stripe on Deoxys face glows bright, emitting a beam which it seems to use to locate things (This is because of its poor eyesight). The beam passes across the fountain and an escalater, causing them to malfunction (As I said, the beam interferes with electrical devices). The fountain spurts out a spire of water after it malfunctions.

Deoxys flies away over several buildings, before its purple crystal (Brain) starts glowing. The crystal emits a purple-diamond which causes a purple aura to appear in the sky over the city.

Big description of that one little 1-minute clip, hm? Now you know what I mean by Serebiis summary leaving a lot of stuff out...

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist

Last edited by Zenaku; 01-11-2005 at 10:01 PM.
Old 01-22-2005, 04:41 PM
TMTS Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to TMTS Send a message via Yahoo to TMTS

THE Following CONTAINS SPOILERS!

*eye twitches*

Well, I just finished watching it...

I liked the beginning. They re-did Sealeo's voice a little, and it was a good change, but I still want to see it re-vamped.

The introduction and all was wonderful. BUT! THEY DID NOT NEED TO HOLD IT ON THE PART WHERE IT SHOWS THE TITLE OF THE MOVIE FOR SO LONG!

I mean... what. You'd have to be at the reading level of like... 5 words per minute to have to have it up that long...
(I like to complain about nothing)

Then the rest of the beginning was fine. IMO, it was actually better than Heros or Wishmaker. Which in itself is a pretty big feat.

Onto the story-
"Oh gawd! Help me! The Sealeo! They attack! I'm going to die! aaaaaaah!"
=_o Ok, as SCAREY as it was, he must have taken some serious brain damage to be so traumatized to that day of EVERY pokemon. I mean... they were just like 3 different kinds that were charging at him. And now PIKACHU is scarey?

And what's up with the pronunciations? (Ray-Qway-zah?) (Dee-ohcks-sis?) What... the... hell. Shouldn't it be (Ray-Qwah-zah)? And (Dee-ohcks-ees?)

Why, 4Kids, WHY?!

Also, I was REALLY tired of commercials every 5 minutes. Especially when the smae commercial airs twice in one break. Also, dunno about you, but scrolling text while compressing the screen about some event of on the station should be BANNED. I didn't see ONE break where they didn't advertise that damn 7th heaven thing. LET ME WATCH MY MOVIE IN PEACE!

Shifting gears a bit, I'm glad they refrained from a lot of cheesy dialogue, a common trap for the show/movies. That is, until the end, where I just wanted to die.

WHAT WAS UP WITH THAT?

Those little cube bots go crazy... Ok... wonderful. Now we have the streets flooded with cubes, which by the way, was 100% messed up. EVEN if there were those little things once every 5 cubic feet, up, down, left and right, there WOULDN'T be that many blocks. REALLY. THINK ABOUT IT!

Then on to the one girl... can't think of her name, it was like.. mentioned ONCE.... uh.. with the computer.

HOW DID IT TRANSLATE THOSE LIGHT RAYS IN LIKE... <3 seconds?! That's impossible... Unless they're in the year 3,000 or so. And even then, WHAT do they have to compare that data to in the first place? Does it magically have a dictionary to understand DLL? (Deoxys Light Language)

FRIEND!
WHERE ARE YOU?

THEN WHY DIDN'T HE RESPOND WITH:

Help. I'm stuck in a glass case in some laboratory over on 3rd street and west avenue?!

That would have ended the movie pretty quick. They obviously wanted it to drag on with such a cheesy and quickly thought-up "Block rebellion" at the end...

Ugh. This movie was great and all, really good graphicly and sounds and all that jazz, but the plot just sucked, do be rather blunt.

End Spoilers

Last edited by TMTS; 01-29-2005 at 03:18 AM.
Old 01-22-2005, 05:34 PM
LuigiWithCheese Offline
Master Trainer

Location: Running Around With Scissors AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME!!!
Send a message via AIM to LuigiWithCheese

On a scale of 1 to 10, I give it a...

7!

Pros: Good intro, I liked the 3D Pokemon, Rayquaza was totally pwned for most of the movie, lol, Blastiose was in it! EEEEE! And the "Paradise" song was nice.

Cons: The plot was dumb, the story was slow, Deoxys kinda annoyed because it was so spontaneous, Munchlax evolved, (Not that I don't like Snorlax) and worst of all, THERE WAS NO REMIX OF THE THEME!!!!!!!!! WTF?!?!

Click Here to See My Other Art!
"You Will Learn to Respect Your Masters, As Well As Accept Them As Your Rulers For All Eternity..."

Old 01-22-2005, 05:56 PM
Marill Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marill Send a message via Yahoo to Marill

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMTS

Also, I was REALLY tired of commercials every 5 minutes. Especially when the smae commercial airs twice in one break. Also, dunno about you, but scrolling text while compressing the screen about some event of on the station should be BANNED. I didn't see ONE break where they didn't advertise that damn 7th heaven thing. LET ME WATCH MY MOVIE IN PEACE!

First off, I do totally agree with the interruptions statement. I felt extremely annoyed at Jirachi Wish Maker, last night on Cartoon Network, for the same reasons. But, I thought that Kids WB did a better job than CN did in its presentation.

I just completed the movie, and I thoroughly enjoyed Destiny Deoxys. It was a great film, much to my surprise. I was thrown in for twists and turns, and could not comprehend the plot until late in the movie. But that’s why I loved it so much! It kept you guessing! The sci-fi nature of the movie injected into Pokémon a fresh new energy, that for me, at least, rejuvenated my creativity where Pokémon is concerned. This movie reminded me of seeing old Japanese movies, and how weird and unique they are. I think that the movie ties in with the Japanese culture, of being very hi-tech, while still having creativity of their own. (By this, I mean, in a world where machines do everything for you, creativity usually does not take a presence.) I absolutely thought that the movie was the best produced thus far, however I know that there will be many that differ in opinion. Nevertheless, I rate it a 9.3/10.

Date Registered: 06/17/02 at 18:54:32
Old 01-22-2005, 06:07 PM
Hoenn Mirror Girl Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via ICQ to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via AIM to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via MSN to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via Yahoo to Hoenn Mirror Girl

Awesome movie. I can't wait to get the DVD.
Old 01-22-2005, 06:16 PM
LuigiWithCheese Offline
Master Trainer

Pokemon Heroes was still my fav, and the Entei movie had the best remix

"You Will Learn to Respect Your Masters, As Well As Accept Them As Your Rulers For All Eternity..."

Old 01-22-2005, 06:36 PM
Kan Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Kan

FYI: Yes, they pronounced Rayquaza's name wrong, but Deoxys is indeed pronounced Dee-ocks-sis.

I thought it was OK...it's the only movie I've seen outside of the first one, and I have to say it wasn't quite as cheesy as I thought it would be. I also got really POed at the commercials, but I was more mad at the way they cut to them...since I was taping it, I was looking for the cues that most stations put in to warn tapers of a commercial break, IE the logo fading or reapperaing, or a scripted cut. But on this movie...holy CRAP. They cut to commercial at the worst possible times, without a single warning. About 10 minutes of my tape is filled with the first 3 seconds after a break. GAH, that annoyed me.

But otherwise, it was OK.
Old 01-22-2005, 06:51 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

It thought it was pretty good. Not such a good plot, but I liked the characters a lot. (especially Munchlax. ^_^)

I give it a 7.5.
Old 01-22-2005, 07:02 PM
TMTS Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to TMTS Send a message via Yahoo to TMTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marill
I was thrown in for twists and turns, and could not comprehend the plot until late in the movie. But that’s why I loved it so much! It kept you guessing!
*chokes and dies*

The plot, much like the series, was very predicatble in my opinion, beyond the stuff that is impossible to guess. You KNOW ash is going to save the day. YOU KNOW deoxys isn't going to kill everyone. you KNOW Tori's going to love pokemon at he end. You KNOW a lot of stuff is going to happen. I never read any spoilers, but it was still fairly predictable. It was pretty good though, I never gave my rating.
6-7/10

And I HAVE to agree with you, L w/ C, about the theme song thing. VERY disapointing. "This side of Paradice" was O.K...
Old 01-22-2005, 07:19 PM
Duncan Offline
New Trainer

This movie was okay, but not great. Blaziken was in it, so I'm
satisfied. The battle scenes were pretty neat, I admit. But
they have to stop using 3-D paired with regular drawings, it
looks really bad. But besides that, it was okay, but I've seen better.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:24 PM
King Kangaskhan Offline
Master Trainer

I liked it. There are things that are going to be predictable, but what can you do about it? I also noticed how they prononced Rayquaza, that was weird.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:26 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku

Rayquaza should be pronnounced slightly how it is in the Japanese movie (Rekkuza). I mean, the Eng and Japanese names aren't that different; how could 4Kids possibly pronounce it wrong? I refuse to pronounce it "Ray-Qway-zah". Of course, I assume that "Deo-ohcks-sis" is similarly pronounced as the Japanese "Dee-ock-shiss".

Also, can someone check the WAV file I posted and tell me if Deoxys keeps the Japanese voice, or do they get some boring guy who calls out Bingo numbers to say "Deoxys" (As they did with Absol in the 6th movie)?

EDIT: I just saw the clip at the 4Kids website... The clip isn't even more than a minute long, and that alone is terrible.

Firstly, Rondos voice is terrible. The Dub voice doesnt match him at all. Tooi only says "Thankyou daddy" in the clip, but I can still tell the difference between the Dub and original voices. I also noticed how they changed the voices of the Spheal, Sealeo and Walrein too. But the worst edit of all...

4Kids had the animators completely redraw the 10-15 seconds that Deoxys is first shown on the screen. I mean, what the hell? In the Japanese version, when Deoxys stands up and scans the ground his body is merely a silhouette. This adds the the idea that he is evil. However, 4Kids for some reason thought that making him completely visible (When all the dust of the impact is sure to restrict eyesight) would be better. A reason they may have done this is because some people might not have realised it was a damn Deoxys, much like they added scenes into the 4th movie (When Ash and co talked to Prof. Oak at the end) just because they thought that American kids wouldn't realise that Sammy is Prof. Oak. I'm sure now more than anything that 4Kids is either dubbing the series for little 5 year olds that don't get plots, or they think both American and English kids are morons.

If I get a chance I'll import the American DVD, but I surely dread whatever other changes they've made to the movie. If they did just a minute or two so badly then there must be many more subtle edits that take away the greatness of the Japanese version. *Continues to download Pokemon 7 Sub*

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist

Last edited by Zenaku; 01-22-2005 at 09:08 PM.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:35 PM
LuigiWithCheese Offline
Master Trainer

Well, I didn't know Oak was Sammy until the end anyway...

Old 01-23-2005, 02:41 PM
Marill Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marill Send a message via Yahoo to Marill

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMTS
*chokes and dies*

The plot, much like the series, was very predicatble in my opinion, beyond the stuff that is impossible to guess. You KNOW ash is going to save the day. YOU KNOW deoxys isn't going to kill everyone. you KNOW Tori's going to love pokemon at he end. You KNOW a lot of stuff is going to happen. I never read any spoilers, but it was still fairly predictable. It was pretty good though, I never gave my rating.
6-7/10

And I HAVE to agree with you, L w/ C, about the theme song thing. VERY disapointing. "This side of Paradice" was O.K...
Well, I didn't understand why Deoxys and Rayquaza were fighting, and I was thrown when that stone/jewel thing became a Deoxys itself! That's what I meant by surprised. Of course no one's going to die, and of course Ash will save the day, but you must also consider the targeted audience. I wish that for once they would make one specifically for an older audience. ^__^ That would be some REAL fun!

Date Registered: 06/17/02 at 18:54:32
Old 01-23-2005, 04:13 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marill
Well, I didn't understand why Deoxys and Rayquaza were fighting, and I was thrown when that stone/jewel thing became a Deoxys itself! That's what I meant by surprised. Of course no one's going to die, and of course Ash will save the day, but you must also consider the targeted audience. I wish that for once they would make one specifically for an older audience. ^__^ That would be some REAL fun!
Deoxys and Rayquaza fought because the meteor which both Deoxys were within almost hit Rayquaza, angering him. When Rayquaza got to the impact site and saw Deoxys it knew Deoxys was in the meteor, so, blaming Deoxys, he began to fight it.

Not sure if they cut anything out of the English version. : /