Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 12-31-2004, 08:11 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Lightbulb Era of Darkness

OOC: Feel free to post any comments you have. Thank you and enjoy!
Note: Read the sister fanfics Heaven-Sent, Hellbound and Overlapping Reality

Chapter 1: Massacre

There was an explosion. A blazing fireball erupted from the pokemon center, reaching out and engulfing the poor lives in its path. Debris shot out, screeching to the ground as if possessed by some demon. A loud blast echoed around the city, trumpeting the first wave of attacks. The era of darkness was beginning.

All around people screamed and ran, trying to escape. Panic seized a hold of the mass as confusion spread over their minds. The fire created chaos, perfect for the attackers.

Darkness dawned upon the terrified crowd as dozens of creatures converged together, blocking out the dim moonlight. Their eyes gleamed with blood as they looked down upon the helpless populous below them. For a moment, the entire army bathed in the feelings of fear and terror the humans and pokemon emitted, before diving down upon their helpless victims.

The onslaught was terrible. Horrible screeches filled the cold night air as hundreds of humans were caught and bitten. Even the most experienced of trainers were paralyzed to act as the creatures swooped over them, ripping away their humanity. The creatures attacked the pokemon as well, ferociously biting into their skins and draining their bodies of blood and life.

When it was over, there was chaos. Only a few humans remained on the streets, those that died from the attack. The creatures had carried off the survivors into the night sky to be added to their brethren. As for the pokemon, only a few remained alive, though all of them bled severely through their wounds. The rest were dead, lying mangled upon the cold, solemn streets of Mauville City. The massacre was a success.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.

Last edited by HKim; 05-08-2005 at 06:19 AM.
Old 01-01-2005, 07:36 PM
LaprasRider Offline
Banned

Default Re: Era of Darkness

Thrilling brilliance, HKim! Your fanfiction kept me on the edge of my seat every second of it. Thumbs up for horror and mystery! Please, continue. I can't wait for the next chapter of "Era of Darkness"!
Old 01-31-2005, 08:24 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Chapter 2: Trials of Destiny

“As the council can see, this menace must be dealt with swiftly.” Director White stated as his smooth voice echoed across the council chamber. His hands pointed to the projected picture on the wall showing the aftermath of the recent attack. The council could only stare at the devastating results. Both the bodies of human and pokemon littered the ground.

Director White, leader of the rogue group known only as Destiny, stood high in front of the Hoenn Council. In his left hand he held his white fedora hat, while using his right to gesture to the picture on the wall. His trench coat, pants, and boots, all matched his white hat.

Sitting in front of him at a semi-circle table was the Hoenn Council. At the head of the table sat Head Chairwoman Belaran who carefully listened to White’s speech. To her left sat Councilman McPeter who simply remained silent. On her right, Councilman Reston disapprovingly scowled at the Director White. Left of McPeter, Councilman Sturn gazed cautiously. Finally, sitting right of Reston was Councilwoman Lee, a master of science who looked through her notes intently as White spoke. The five of them composed the elected government of the Hoenn region.

“Our search results concluded that there were no survivors. The monsters managed to swiftly kill and murder every living thing in a matter of seconds.” White continued, his voice never wavering from its calm tone.

“I wonder how Destiny managed to reach the scene before the police and fire departments,” interrupted Councilman Sturn, his eyes never moving from White’s face. “In fact, Destiny has managed to reach every situation we’ve seen for the past three months. How is that?”

White merely smiled, reassuringly. “Destiny is always on alert for these… incursions. We just happen to be at the right place at the right time.”

Reston grunted in opposition, but said nothing.

Councilwoman Lee looked up from her notes. “I don’t care so much about Destiny as these attacks. What’s causing them? Even our best scientists are baffled by the methods these creatures use, especially the two puncture marks found on the victims’ necks.”

White smiled again, before calmingly replied, “Now councilwoman, you and I both know that these puncture marks were created by the creature’s mouth and more specifically its fangs. I would appreciate it if you would be more open with us.”

Lee appeared slightly flustered, but managed to keep her face composed. “Fine, we do know that the victims were bitten, but what we don’t know is what is biting them.”

“Vampires,” White said, a gleam in his eyes. “Yes, this mythical demon is not fantasy at all, but a deadly reality. These creatures pose an incredible threat to humanity.”

Councilman McPeter, who had been quiet up until this point, spoke up. “Suppose you’re right and that these attacks are due to vampires. What do you propose we do about them?”

White smiled, before replying, “Destiny has been trailing the vampire problem for the past three years. During this time, we’ve managed to collect invaluable data and experience in stopping their invasions. I merely ask that you let Destiny take command of this situation. Let us work without police or military interference and we’ll rid Hoenn of this vampire menace.”

“No, that’s unacceptable!” Councilman Reston replied, his voice bordering on shouting. “Destiny has been working without Hoenn approval since it formed. Your vigilantes have committed dozens of crimes across this region. We should have you arrested rather than give you more power to continue your criminal acts.”

“I must agree with my colleague Reston,” Head Chairwoman Belaran added. “Destiny has been known for its pragmatic actions and some of them weren’t always in the best interest of the region. Frankly, we question whether or not Destiny can control itself during this crisis.”

White continued to smile and his calm voiced continued unwavering. “Chairwoman Belaran, there is no other group capable of dealing with this menace. We do only what’s good for society and sometime that deems that innocent lives must be sacrificed to save the whole. Our methods are needed because we understand that every vampire must be killed in order to preserve humanity.”

Belaran stood up, although slightly shorter than White, her presence added inches to her. “White, you will tell Destiny that the Hoenn Council will not stand by its actions. There are still some of us who believe that the vampires can be saved and returned to their human forms.”

“It is a futile goal, Chairwoman. I’m disappointed that the Council doesn’t see the truth in this matter.” White shook his head, though still smiling. “I suppose we’ll just have to go out on our own.” White turned around and placed his white fedora hat back on his head and started walking towards the chamber door.

“Stop! Director White, I’m afraid Destiny has gone too far. Your entire organization is under arrest.”

White stopped in his step. Yet, unflinchingly, still facing the door, he replied, “I’m afraid, Chairwoman, that you can’t stop us. Teleport now.”

As soon as his lips closed over the last word, a sparkle of white light seemed to engulf his body as he disappeared from the Council Chamber. Sturn, Lee, and McPeter stood up. Reston immediately pressed the intercom button on the panel in front of him and began to call up the guards, but suddenly he felt Belaran’s hand on his shoulder.

“There’s no point in that. White is gone. He knew that we might refuse Destiny’s plan and had an escape system just in case.”

The council slowly began to sit down. Lee looked up to Belaran at the head of the table. “Chairwoman, what are we going to do about this vampire threat?”

“We’ll need to start our own special operations for dealing with these creatures. It will need to be a separate force from our military and police groups. A section created to deal with this new threat.”

“It shall be called the Vampire Defense Agency.”
Old 01-31-2005, 05:28 PM
Sixto Offline
Sofa King Cool

Send a message via AIM to Sixto Send a message via MSN to Sixto

"Two Thumbs Up"
-Mario
Old 02-07-2005, 06:31 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Sorry, no update yet, but I would like to recommend all of my readers to go read the sister fanfic: Heaven-Sent, Hellbound

Last edited by HKim; 02-07-2005 at 06:56 AM.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:07 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Chapter 3: Sunset

The dark clouds drifted overhead as the sun disappeared from the horizon. A strong gust of wind blew the clouds in from the sea and threw the man’s blonde hair out of place, but he didn’t care. There were more important things at hand, events that would bring about the end.

He sat and stared out upon the city from the rooftop of a tall building. From there, he could see the tense town below, bristling with a new weariness and fear. A little ways beyond, he could see the forest that bordered the city. It too was tense.

The light grew dimmer still as day turned into night. The man could hear a lone Noctowl call into the dreary night, warning the other pokemon of the oncoming storm. The pokemon knew that the weather was taking a turn for the worst. Yet, there was a new tense feeling in the air, one that could not be identified only with the storm. It was if a new threat had descended upon the land and was spreading like a virus upon the unknown populace. The pokemon knew this and so did the man.

Finally, she arrived. The man could hear her slight footsteps as she slowly descended upon the rooftop, her shoes making a slight tap upon the concrete. Her long black hair seemed to flow in the wind and her dark eyes seemed to glow. It was if the night had awakened her.

The man continued to look outward, not turning to face the new arrival.

“It has begun,” the man said, “Their first main attack was last night.”

“I know.” Slowly, she walked up to the man and placed her hands upon his shoulders.

“This will only mean trouble,” the man responded, “for your group, for you, for us. Destiny will only increase their activity.”

“We’ve dealt with Destiny before,” she said and she kneeled down behind him, and wrapped her arms around his body. “We will get through this.”

He smiled, but the tone of his voice still held concern. “The government won’t be able to keep this a secret for very long. Already people are questioning what happened to the victims. A few more attacks and they will know something is up.” The man stood up, but continued to stare outward. “How many more attacks before they realize that vampires exist? How long until they start hunting vampires themselves?”

Slowly, she stood up and walked up next to him and laid her head against his arm. Somehow she sensed his inner worries and feelings. “I’ll always be here, with you,” she reassured.

“I don’t want to lose you.” The man was worried about her, worried that one day she wouldn’t show up on top of the rooftop. Worried that one day she would die at hands of Destiny and he wouldn’t be able to save her. He knew the danger she faced.

The woman smiled reassuringly, “I won’t die, I promise. Even Destiny can’t pull us apart. After all, nothing can separate our love. Nothing.”

Then man she turned and embraced him, her love. He smiled and kissed her gently on her forehead wishing they could stay like this forever, together.

If someone had seen them, they would have thought they were a normal young couple deeply in love with one another. Yet, they both held a deep secret. In truth, she was thirty years older than he was.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:47 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Sorry, no update, but I do have an announcement.

Era of Darkness has a new sister fanfic called Overlapping Reality. The link can be found on the main post. I recommend anyone who likes my story to read it!
Old 05-16-2005, 03:25 PM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy

This is a nice mix of horror and pokemon, although I've never watched Hellsing (far too bloodly an anime for my taste, although I have no trouble reading bloody plots )
It could stand to be a little longer, say , making chapters one and three the size of two . Other than that, you have a good thing started here.

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art